West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I agree on the lack of notice. Not such a bad thing unless unless you previously state that you would provide it!! Why the big rush to get 2.0 out the door??

It smacks of a money grab. Thats the only thing i can put it down to.

Shame!

DeletedUser29831

Those last months I've lost interest in The West. I've just logged in now and then, queued some jobs, and stopped using nuggets. I was just waiting for 2.0 to come out, to see if it would bring back some fun in the game.

Unforunately it didn't. I can live with the new map, the more visible spend-money-adverts, in fact, nearly everything except the job times. Who thought that would be a good idea? That person should loose his/her christmas bonus, but as usual, why should Inno listen to us?

DeletedUser34464

Went looking to see if any reviews were out yet, instead found this at numerous sites-

_________
October 30th, 2012 at 9:07 am -
Today InnoGames launched the first 2.0 world in its frontier adventure browser game The West. The new world is called Dakota; older worlds will be updated tomorrow. The new version includes, among other features, a completely redesigned and highly interactive map, an overhauled job system and a clean, modern interface. The West 2.0 has been the biggest and most extensive update of the game since its release.
Prior to the release, the update has been thoroughly tested on the game’s beta servers, where players gave vital feedback. Most enhancements came from actively communicating with the game’s community, which was involved in 2.0 since the planning stage. Therefore, many requested features were implemented – without changing the core aspects of the game.
The West is a role-playing browser game set in the Wild West. Players are placed on a hunt for adventure, gold and fortune. Cowboys and cowgirls partake in interesting and exciting stories, help settlers and collect bounties.

So, there was no problem rushing out a press release, but you all couldn't be bothered to tell your players? SHAME SHAME SHAME

Not to mention it's a hilarious piece of fiction

DeletedUser34729

your own fault. you knew beforehand that v2.0 was coming sooner or later. we were (sort of) cryptically warned by da twista last friday that we needed to have all our old west stuff done before the update, and yet you wasted a whole half week not finishing your business. how can you say you didn't have time from friday to wednesday to do all? at least you can get that achievement someday, it'll "only" take you 22500 additional actions than you originally planned to :p

hummm, i know i was warned on finishing the quests, but im not sure about the achievements...

even if i did get warned i couldnt do 300 activities in half a week!
clicking in 5 min jobs like a lunatic for 25 hours isnt exactly what i would call fun, or relaxing, or anything good really... :whistle:

What is this under can you give me the path to see if I already have it or not? I still hate that you cant search for achievements.

its on the general page, scroll down when you open the achievements page.

DeletedUser20054

I'll be short.

Give us sounds please. Oh, and duel notifications too. Then I can start getting used to the new interface!

Thank you :)

DeletedUser

the mods may not like this but there isnt anything good about it. As soon as i can figure out the messed up forums i am leaving the game i loved for over 4 years. what a horrible way to go.

to all my friends thanks for everything, to my enemies it was fun beating you and loosing to you in duels

I'm with you on this, v2 is a failure on so many levels.
I loved this game but it started to go seriously downhill when they started messing with dueling.
Inno's total lack of respect for players concerns about the new update and their pig-headedness regarding ignoring what was being said on the forums will ultimately bring The West's downfall.
I had a great time, made some great friends (and enemies) and yes, it's a horrible way to go.
Good bye all.

Deleted User - 1278415

its on the general page, scroll down when you open the achievements page.

Thanks for that. Looks like Im in the same boat you were. I have 2219 currently, 300 more and I would have had it too. I guess now with 100 cloths required for fort beds I'll make that shortly.

DeletedUser

I energy bar is not "up-to-date" with real energy available. It needs refresh often and then you lose all your chat :(

DeletedUser

Migration of forts
We will not migrate any forts, you will have to build them up again.
There will be a little compensation for fort owners but this will stay as a surprise for now.

Has anyone received any "little compensation"? or was it too little for anyone to notice?

DeletedUser

Wow.. This upgrade just sucks.
Another example of programmers trying to justify their employment by overhauling things that don't need to be overhauled. So the graphics are "nicer".. Yeah, because that was what all users was so concerned about.
Work times suck, not being able to see each individual job on the map without opening a "work site" sucks, quest changes suck, current quests being worked on being gone from the quest book suck.
I couldn't care less about forts, but apparently people got screwed over there as well..

Innogames - You've just shot yourself in the foot.

foscock

I won't bash the devs, I'm sure they were just coding this monstrosity on the orders of the INNO bean counters. Congratulations INNO, you have ruined a game that, for all it's quirks and bugs, was enjoyable. I would rather smash myself in the head with a shovel then play this. I can't even be bothered to delete.

DeletedUser34970

Has anyone received any "little compensation"? or was it too little for anyone to notice?

We got a lousy title... Hero of the old world. Some compensation.. Dont understand why Inno didnt just say we wont get a thing for the lost forts??

I'll be short.

Give us sounds please. Oh, and duel notifications too. Then I can start getting used to the new interface!

Thank you :)

Completely agree not getting beeps when your name is said in chat or whispered to completely sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We got a lousy title... Hero of the old world. Some compensation.. Dont understand why Inno didnt just say we wont get a thing for the lost forts??

Ah, so that was what that was about. Didn't even bother to look at what it was for, just assumed it meant I'd been playing while it was version 1.

DeletedUser34970

Ah, so that was what that was about. Didn't even bother to look at what it was for, just assumed it meant I'd been playing while it was version 1.

Well didnt notice we should have gotten anything else so must be it :huh:

DeletedUser

what's up with the achievements? walk 250000miles? i was really close to those 5000 before the update ,it's unrealistic thinking that i would ever achieve those 250000 unless i park my horse for months.

DeletedUser34464

I energy bar is not "up-to-date" with real energy available. It needs refresh often and then you lose all your chat :(

energy bar & experience bar both wonky- if you in the middle of a chat & don't want to refresh, click on your face (character information) it's always been right there so far.

Edit: money's usually not right either. Looking it up in a bank will give the right total.

And now, toon starts bouncing back to town when finish a job. Your not actually there, mind you, your still back at job, but if you center on character, it centers on town.It plots your travel time from town. Don't actually travel from town. Sooo glad they got this all worked out before release. WTF was beta for???

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Well according to Elmyr it was the hero of the west achievement title you got.

But hey it was bugged and everyone was rewarded because its just a title.

my idea of a reward is to stock all forts with the necessary components to rebuild them instead of everyone trying to get 100 rolls of cloth... which after 20 tries of 2 min jobs I've gotten 1 roll.

DeletedUser

I like the new map, it looks much better than the old one, it's smaller so duelers can reach more people, fort fighters can participate in more fort battles and questers don't need to walk 8 hours to reach quest givers.
That was the good part of the new version IMO but in the other hand the new "work duration" is just awful, the one hour/two hours(world 1) system is better(even for someone like me who is very active).
I don't like the "experience x 3" thing either. What's the point of increasing the EXP of duels, work, quests and etc if the amount of EXP required to advance from one level to another is 3 times bigger?WHY?!?
One last question, what did they do to dueling level? :huh:

DeletedUser

Actually this is what you posted in Western Star:

How does " Only once World Dakota is running smoothly on version 2.0 we will then proceed to update the remaining 15 worlds to 2.0." translate obviously into "the next day, with no warning"

On the plus side, I am learning some German since apparently nobody bothered to proofread
the release. I now know 'stufe' can mean 'level'.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but making it really, really hard

Wow.....I just learned a new word. stufe-------is it pronounced stuff?

As per the above I also learned a new word zusatzpunkte = Additional Points (it's under the labour points). I haven't done german for a number of years and suddenly I'm back at school! Oh how times have changed requiring google translate to be open to play a game.

I reckon there is no county chat until a fort is taken and named.

This can't be right as I just transferred worlds to Arizona and the county I'm in has a fort that's been named. Haven't joined a town yet as some are saying once you join a town that there is no more county or alliance chat.

On a side note although there is suddenly a 'towns will not be transferred' thing (even though the town founder had a message stating it would be and showing him where it would be in a link in the mail), evidently ours was switched with our town name and picture included but somehow someone else managed to claim it first which is confusing - probably because we didn't transfer on the same day the update occurred. Thanks for giving us enough notice on that one. Why send a mail stating our town would be saved, when clearly it isn't, or not giving us enough time to claim it, and the name and picture was up for grabs for anyone??

Still noone has worked out a way to switch rooms. I can't believe there is no social aspect to this game anymore. Basically can't ask questions or chat/banter randomly anymore? This makes no sense. Why restrict chat in this way? Many people have friends in other towns, and now even in other chatrooms since you can log out and in again and be in another chatroom to the one you were just in so you are totally segregated now.

Granted the graphical update is cool-ish. The clumping together of tasks is ok-ish when you get used to it (would have been nice to clump them together and still see the type of jobs as opposed to this additional clicking to open and view which jobs are in the group). Is this really enough?

We thought this was a time management game. You queue up a few jobs, chat a little while with people if they happen to be on and you have the time, and then go about your merry little life. Now we have to sit and click every minute, literally, in order to get anything done. This is madness. Some people queue up the jobs and GO TO WORK, come home and spend time with family and maybe queue up a few more. All this 1 minute or 2 minute jobs is stupid. Your cannot get anything done efficiently and I'm pretty sure the boss will have something to say if caught logged into this game at work just to click a bajillion times on one task. Honestly, do not want to sit on the pc clicking monotonously on this game every minute.

There is no listening to the players though, is there? Otherwise the feedback from the beta would have been taken into account. The mentality appears to be let everyone moan and groan about it, eventually the hate rage will die down and those that want to carry on playing, and have the time to sit and click continuously, will stay and those that have truly had enough will leave.

It used to be a decent game.

- also totally agree with what Mr Kruger said -