West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Since we have been given no actual info from On High, I'm deleting my 3rd world today... strange, I feel lighter and happier

DeletedUser6752

It's not just the bugs, either, but the planned "features". Sorry, but I can't use that word without quotation marks when talking about The West any more.

Why would anybody in their right mind want to pay EXTRA to be able to do something that used to be a regular part of the game?

1.x - I work 3 hours of Digging for Rare Gemstones and got (on average) 7 or more pieces of coal - which is what I wanted.

2.0 - I work 6 hours of Digging for Rare Gemstones and get 2 pieces of coal. NOT what I wanted.

Do I just blow off that job for a day or two until my motivation goes back up - even though I desperately need Coal; do I buy nuggets to refill my motivation; or do I just buy the coal using nuggets?
Nice set of options - back when I played The West, my motivation was back up to 100 in a day if I worked 3 or fewer full sessions of a job. So I could do it every day with full motivation and in theory, at least, get roughly 50 pieces of coal in a week.

And that is just one example - almost every job has been affected in the same way. Should I have to get my motivation for Picking Oranges all the way down to 0 before I get enough oranges to craft 3 items? This is utter nonsense - there's no other word for it (at least not that I can use in the forums).

No, I refuse to use nuggets for even the original 4 premium options if the reason I used to use them is no longer valid; and you can bet I won't buy or use any nuggets just so the jobs I manage to queue up every day give me anywhere close to the same results I used to get from basic premium.

Shooting yourself in the foot once can be a painful experience; it's not advisable to try doing it again. Here's hoping the holes in your feet heal quickly, Inno!

** Oh yes - a very special Raspberry Award should be given for the concept of having us work desperately for, or buy at ridiculous prices, rare and expensive products in order to get from one Crafting level to another (often ending up with 50+ crafted items for which there is absolutely NO use) - and then to find that with this "update" most of those items are no longer needed. Thanks for letting me spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on Peace Flowers so that I can no longer use them for crafting - obviously the money I spent on them would have served no useful purpose if I'd been able to hang onto it. I'm just glad I didn;'t bother to do a complete respec in order to work the Buffalo Bill and Free Slaves jobs, just for crafting material - if I'd spent all my in-game money on that I'd have already walked away from this fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

true my biggest complaint is that toolboxes became even more cursed now to me in tw.2 in tw.1 they were a pain but now i done 34 golden(13% drop) or silver(10%) windmill building and only 1 bloody toolbox, though its something i noticed in general that jobs with products that have less then 20% droprate seem to drop far far less then that, atleast i checked my job analyser and except for 1 job all products seem to drop less then stated then the normal droprate, considering i actually do all jobs silver or gold its even worse

HelenBack

There is an option for a Keyboard Shortcut in settings. I changed it to "f" because I use town forums a hell of a lot more than my Friends list.

Thats cos you dont have any :p
LOL :laugh:

Hint when the thing is so unstable and locks up so often you have to refresh it would be cool if the guy you were talking to in a random county didnt think you were a total phallus when you just disappear on him unannounced never to return to the same county again.

Not "County"... "Room". The county chat made more sense then this random room that you get thrown into. What use is it to be thrown into a room with people from all over the map? If someone needs an item and you're way over on the other side of the world, then it's of no use to them. Inno really needs to get this fixed (amongst many other issues...).

I wonder if I translate my hatred of 2.0 into German would help get the point across.

Die Verantwortlichen der Freisetzung von 2,0 gefeuert werden sollte. Es ist schrecklich und getötet hat das Spiel.
+2 I hope that helps Red... lol

Okay... time for the record to play again...

Job Times:
  • We need to have the ability to CHOOSE job times for EACH JOB. Right now, if we need something that only has a 5 minutes or less job time... then we can't go and work an hour long job to get that product. The people who can afford to buy Nuggets, have to work to get the money to buy them!!! Those are the people who NEED the ability to CHOOSE their job times.
  • Solution: Bring back the old job system and that will work for the majority of The West players.

Fort Building and Crafting Material Requirements:
  • To put it simply... Are you insane? Or do you just hate your players so much that you would force them to endless hours of clicking just to get the items needed to rebuild all their forts? And 4 Granite and 4 Tomatoes are needed to make 1 Tomato Puree???
  • Solution: Readjust the requirements so that they make sense and are achievable.

Fort Battle Screen:
  • There are a lot of extra useless borders on the Fort Battle screen... You can't position chat below the Fort Battle screen, it has to go to the side.
  • Also, the text in the screen can not be copied... So you have to type out "I hit --- for ###" or "I killed ---". Yes, it does cut down on peeps posting lists... but part of the fun of fort battles is congratulating others and encouraging others during the battle. It's part of the fun. Why else would we want to play a game but to have fun? You're taking away our fun when you make it impossible for us to chat and copy/paste info into the chat.
  • Solution: Remove the useless borders or at least reduce them so it's easier to fit everything on the screen... and let us copy/paste what we want!

Chat:
  • The new Chat needs a lot of improvement... a LOT.
  • Chat should be fixed to the bottom of the screen... Even if you make a bar across the bottom of the screen that you can click on to open the chats... It can at least show the topic(s) for the Chat(s) you are in. BTW... Topics do NOT hold... I've had to reset a few topics for fort battles. You know... the offliner orders... some peeps don't set them properly cuz the topic disappears before they sign in.
  • The Black background with the White text is difficult to read. It gives people headaches if they do try and read it for very long. The dark text on light background works much better.
  • Having separate tabs for each chat has good points and bad points... Good, no more whisper fails... Bad, you can't see the conversations from different chats at the same time. You need to flip back and forth.
  • Solution: Well, bring back the old chat... but there are a few good things about the new chat. Being able to make your own rooms is a nice feature. If you could fix the chat at the bottom of the screen so it showed as a bar all the way across with the topic for each chat showing on that bar... It would at least make sure peeps know that there is a fort battle they need to go to or if there is something important that needs to be brought to their attention. They don't even need to open chat to see the topics. There should be a place for the topics for Town, Alliance, and any Fort battle(s) they signed into.

Whisper Pings:
  • Simply stated... We need the sounds back so we don't miss anymore whispers. Especially when you have a few chats going on and new whispers are hidden to the right past the edge of the chat. You usually don't see those until hours later when the person trying to catch you has logged off.
  • Solution: *BEEP*

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1278415

Fort Building and Crafting Material Requirements:
  • To put it simply... Are you insane? Or do you just hate your players so much that you would force them to endless hours of clicking just to get the items needed to rebuild all their forts? And 4 Granite and 4 Tomatoes are needed to make 1 Tomato Puree???
  • Solution: Readjust the requirements so that they make sense and are achievable.

At first I was upset about the fort building requirements of 100 cloth.

But if you think about it you have a town of 10+ members you just divy out to each town member to get 10 rolls of cloth and 10 cotton etc.

So for big towns who own forts it isnt that bad as it sounds if the fort owner can motivate their players to bring in the necessary items.

It makes the owning of a fort more complicated... at least they didn't implement fort deterioration yet.

As for crafting.. I hated the old system trying to make bayonets and other things.. requires you to make things to build other things. Or worse I have to go talk to other proffessions to get what I need to make my crafts. So Ive never been a fan of crafting.

DeletedUser

Not "County"... "Room". The county chat made more sense then this random room that you get thrown into. What use is it to be thrown into a room with people from all over the map? If someone needs an item and you're way over on the other side of the world, then it's of no use to them. Inno really needs to get this fixed (amongst many other issues...).

I hated county chat and the fact that I couldn't permanently mute it, but it did make sense. I have to agree that there was no logical reason to replace it with random chat rooms, or to remove it at all even though I never liked it. All I can think of is that they hope the chats will be more active than county chats were.

Deleted User - 1693871

At first I was upset about the fort building requirements of 100 cloth.

But if you think about it you have a town of 10+ members you just divy out to each town member to get 10 rolls of cloth and 10 cotton etc.

So for big towns who own forts it isnt that bad as it sounds if the fort owner can motivate their players to bring in the necessary items.

That's the first 100 cloth.

What about the other 2,000 cloth? :D

DeletedUser6752

And 4 Granite and 4 Tomatoes are needed to make 1 Tomato Puree???

This one "minor" part of Helen's argument is a microcosm of the Epicness with which 2.0 has been unable to deliver on all those promises of awesomeness and betterness -

Changing from 1 Tomato to 4 Granite and 4 Tomatoes didn't make much sense before the update - although we could perhaps see how the devs felt that the 3-part craft jobs were a bit too easy and wanted to make them a little tougher.

But that was back when the drop rates at least reflected the statistics being provided - something with a 30% drop rate would drop an average of once every 3 hours of work. With 2.0, all bets are off - the drop rates are in no way reflective of the numbers attached to jobs that purport to represent actual rates - in 1.x I'd queue up at least 3 Granite mining sessions and 4 Picking tomato sessions and at least come close to what was needed for ONE SINGLE new Tomato Puree. In 2.0 (based on actual job drop experience so far) I'd have to queue up 12 Picking Tomato jobs and 6 Granite mining jobs to have a chance to make ONE SINGLE new Tomato Puree.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am aware that many players are at least college age and many are adults with jobs; I have a job where I'm on the road all day, so I can't just 'pop in' during the day and check on things or queue up more jobs - what I can queue up in the morning is what I get done for the day until I get home, typically 9 or so hours later, in time for server reset or a bit later. I cannot sit at the computer and queue up some quick jobs, wait for them to finish, and queue up more, etc. etc. I have plenty to do to get ready for work every morning and I queue up 8 jobs and a hotel stay; that's it. So it would take me 2 days at this drop rate to get enough product to make ONE SINGLE new Tomato Puree.

Call me old fashioned, but that is total BS. And here I thought that "Best Practices" was a global concept.

That's the first 100 cloth.

What about the other 2,000 cloth? :D

That's also assuming that every single member of every single town is playing this game for the sole purpose of building forts and has absolutely no ambition to duel, craft, quest, make money for buying gear or crafting supplies, etc.
That is one monumental assumption you're making, Good Feather. I don't think I need to say anything more about assumptions ...

DeletedUser

For all the complaints about fort building, I think it's been great. It's been a little slower, but not by as much as you would have thought, building forts from scratch in 2.0 than it was doing it the first time around. There's been a lot of great teamwork to build the main forts up quickly.

HelenBack

For all the complaints about fort building, I think it's been great. It's been a little slower, but not by as much as you would have thought, building forts from scratch in 2.0 than it was doing it the first time around. There's been a lot of great teamwork to build the main forts up quickly.

Tell ya what... If you like building the forts so much... You build them... Then we'll steal them from you.
:laugh:

DeletedUser30899

I'm beginning to suspect that Elmyr is getting paid by Inno to be their subliminal propagandist since he keeps quietly popping up to say happy things about 2.0 all the time.

DeletedUser

lol you noticed that too huh? I'm not on their payroll, maybe their blacklist. I keep asking for an official statement about v2, and keep deleting worlds in the meantime.

HelenBack

I'm beginning to suspect that Elmyr is getting paid by Inno to be their subliminal propagandist since he keeps quietly popping up to say happy things about 2.0 all the time.

Hmm... I wonder too... How many nuggets would it take for me to "convert to being happy about v2"? Well, I don't believe that Inno can afford to buy my love. I'll always stand up for the "little guys" who can't afford to buy nuggets or actually have to work for a living and can't afford to spend all day playing a GAME just to click every few minutes to gather enough products to build forts or craft.
:hmf:

Sometimes people need to see past their own needs and look at the game on a GLOBAL level. If half the people here can't afford to buy nuggets or spend hours click click clicking every few minutes... They will get bored and leave... Then those who can afford to buy nuggets and/or have no LIFE won't have many to play this game with. They will eventually get bored of playing in their sandbox and find another game.

The plain truth of the matter is... We need people from ALL aspects of life... Part and full time players... Rich or poor... Active and semi-active... even the barely active. You start to lose a lot of players and the worlds will slowly become ghost towns... Then... The inevitable will happen.
:tumble: :(

DeletedUser

Apparently you're only reading every other post, and not entire posts in some cases, like the last one in which I saw no logical reason to replace county with random chats.

Deleted User - 1278415

Hmm... I wonder too... How many nuggets would it take for me to "convert to being happy about v2"? Well, I don't believe that Inno can afford to buy my love. I'll always stand up for the "little guys" who can't afford to buy nuggets or actually have to work for a living and can't afford to spend all day playing a GAME just to click every few minutes to gather enough products to build forts or craft.
:hmf:

(

I have to say this about the West 2.0 upgrade backlash is about the same as when worlds went to either "classic/premium expanded/premium full". That was like WW1. The West 2.0 outcries is like WW2. I can only wonder what WW3 in The West will be about....:rolleyes:

HelenBack

Apparently you're only reading every other post, and not entire posts in some cases, like the last one in which I saw no logical reason to replace county with random chats.

That's true... You did say that. So you do give some negative feedback. But liking the fort building requirements? I really gotta wonder about your sanity. lol
:laugh:

Being a West Mod is not the easiest job as people make it out to be.

No... It isn't an easy job. The Mods are a buffer between the players and the Devs. Throw in an "update" like v2 and I actually do feel bad for the Mods that have to deal with the angry complaints.

A lot of people are frustrated with v2... If only Inno had listened to all the constructive feedback they had received in Beta, things wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now. There should have been an official announcement in game... Those who don't come to the forum frequently didn't have any idea that a major change was about to happen... I mean MAJOR change. V2 changed the way the game is played. That was NOT a well implemented MAJOR update. Tweaking the odd small change or fixing bugs are one thing... but v2 needed proper announcements in game that gave everyone plenty of time to make sure they were ready for the update. People partway through quests were forced to redo them... even when they had wasted an LP Buff to do the job(s). Add all the complaints that have been ignored and add in the lack of notification... it's a deadly combo.
:(

DeletedUser

I was told how to ask a dev, you need to write the community manager Da Twista or co-manager (not sure who this is), if they deem it acceptable they pass it on.

DeletedUser30899

I believe your complaints are simply a ruse to throw us off the truth :D

DeletedUser22685

The job times don't annoy me really. The only real complaints I have about 2.0 are:

1. The ridiculous fort product requirements.
2. The messed up product drop rates.
3. Motivation needs to be fixed.
4. Chat is unusable.
5. The feed down the bottom of the fort screen is much harder to tell the difference between rounds, and you can't copy and paste.

Unfortunately these things that they got wrong are REALLY wrong, if they fix them they'll see a whole lot less complaints. None of them are suggesting complete overhauls of the new system like some people are with the job times, they can all easily be fixed in the next update.