West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser16008

For all the complaints about fort building, I think it's been great. It's been a little slower, but not by as much as you would have thought, building forts from scratch in 2.0 than it was doing it the first time around. There's been a lot of great teamwork to build the main forts up quickly.

You know how much time or products ive spent on building forts ? zip, nada, nicht. Its more productive to do cash jobs and use it to attack than waste time/products building. Its not even like builders get anything for it but xp.... I know some people like watching paint dry but for the life of me I cant see the logic when you can just take them part built.

Honestly its like taking candy from a baby, why would anyone want to spend effort on a certain loss is beyond me. Not that im ungrateful oh contrae messeur trebon trebon :D

The job times don't annoy me really. The only real complaints I have about 2.0 are:

1. The ridiculous fort product requirements.
2. The messed up product drop rates.
3. Motivation needs to be fixed.
4. Chat is unusable.
5. The feed down the bottom of the fort screen is much harder to tell the difference between rounds, and you can't copy and paste.

Unfortunately these things that they got wrong are REALLY wrong, if they fix them they'll see a whole lot less complaints. None of them are suggesting complete overhauls of the new system like some people are with the job times, they can all easily be fixed in the next update.

If there is a player base left by then..... priority no1 has to be the social side or chat imo and fast, if they dont sort that its over and out for most of the game fun like forts etc .... next few weeks will be critical imo and we players try to keep worlds active but theres only so much people can do with a lame duck.

Inno if your reading .......Sort it out or your game is toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As for fort building, i've helped my town a lot to build that single big fort near us. Other then that, i don't plan to invest single product in any other fort.

As for unable to copy/paste from fort screen, i love it! It has reduced useless spamming A LOT. Fort battle chats are much more enjoyable now.

I hate constant need to refresh since you can't see when silver/gold job expire without refresh, energy and health bar are actily wildly and bad thing that chat history is deleted after refresh.

DeletedUser

As for the basic crafting issue regarding Tomato Puree changes (going from simple to overly complex with 4 tomatoes & 4 granite), I can't help but feel that this was purely a punitive move.

How else to explain it?

Are they stupid and made a dumb mistake. Very doubtful, I think the devs are clever.
Did they think this would balance the game better? Doubtful, since with the new product requirements I see that the other 3 crafts are easier at all levels than the FC.

So what's left? They did it on purpose to '' the ability to craft. I can't think of any other reason.

I spent weeks and weeks collecting tomatoes pre-update and tried to craft puree to jump up to the next level. With the ninja-like update to 2.0, I'm totally at a loss of words how upset I am that the tomato collecting was essentially a waste of time (well, about 50% a waste).

DeletedUser33923

Removing the cooking pots from the Jam recipe made up for that, I think.

DeletedUser30899

Apparently posting my hatred in German not only doesn't get Inno's attention, it gets my post deleted. Here, I'll make it better:

"I wonder if I translate my hatred of 2.0 into German would help get the point across.

Die Verantwortlichen der Freisetzung von 2,0 gefeuert werden sollte. Es ist schrecklich und getötet hat das Spiel."

It translates to "Those responsible for the release of 2.0 should be fired. It is terrible and has killed the game."

Hope that satisfied the rules this time

DeletedUser34729

cannot you see?
they are just "going with the flow", if everyone else is :censored: up their games they MUST do that too.
its a shame that most of the players are happy, im not only reffering to this game as i am very unhappy with other brands, but all we can do is spam everywhere with countless of nonsense posts in the hopes the devs will listen and do something good, not like the fools at ea.

DeletedUser

The job times don't annoy me really.
I agree for the most part. Some of the short jobs are great. What I don't like about them is that the idea that they satisfy both casual and hardcore gamers just isn't true. Whichever one you are, if you want to craft, quest (regular or repeatable), or farm fort products you have to do both long duration jobs and short duration jobs.

DeletedUser22685

I agree for the most part. Some of the short jobs are great. What I don't like about them is that the idea that they satisfy both casual and hardcore gamers just isn't true. Whichever one you are, if you want to craft, quest (regular or repeatable), or farm fort products you have to do both long duration jobs and short duration jobs.

That's true, I like not having to spend hours picking corn for quests now when I'm online but when going offline for a few hours I'd still like the option of hour long jobs. It has a simple fix though that you've presented in I&B.

DeletedUser

InnoGames, I have deleted 4 worlds so far. I continue deleting them as I search for a new game. Are you going to drastically change v2 or or we supposed to get used to it?

DeletedUser6752

Come on, Inno - you can do better than this! With the drop rates as abysmal as they currently are - and there's no way you can seriously claim the stated rates for each job are borne out in actual gameplay - the only way to get anywhere near reasonable drop rates is to go for the Silver and Gold jobs. But there's a huge gaping hole in that part of the game too - the game is not capable of retaining locations of the Silver and Gold jobs. And that is leading to a WHOLE lot of wasted time for players, and thus a really, REALLY bad taste in our mouths.

I just logged in about a half hour ago - I managed to find a Silver job near my town that would give me product that I actually needed, so I traveled there and queued up several sessions. Then I spent the next HALF HOUR looking for other Silver or Gold jobs I could travel to next. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so over the course of a half hour I had to repeatedly stop using my mouse in order to get feeling back in my hand. I managed to scour 4 or 5 neighboring counties and found a few more jobs I could queue up next, and then I took a break. When I came back, I found that the game had logged me out. I knew what I would find when I logged back in - all traces of Silver and Gold jobs (a total of roughly 15 or so) that I had just spent so much time looking for had been wiped out. So that does it for me - I'm done for the day. I'm getting more and more disgusted with the amount of time I'm wasting with v2.0 - for any number of reasons. Trying to figure out how to whisper someone who isn't on my friends list; why I need a list of useless messages on the left side of the screen (I know I've reached my destination - why do I have to have it repeated, ad nauseam, every day?); and mostly how to get a stinking product to drop without spending 2 to 3 days working the same stinking job. I have many things I wanted to do today; The West quickly became NOT one of them.

I've played many online games over the past several years, and I have NEVER played one aside from this one that needed to log players out at random times, on a regular basis. NEVER. The only time that happened was for an update push or server maintenance, and that should be announced days in advance.

When I started playing this game I spent a ridiculous amount of time logged into this game dueling, doing quests, mapping out strategies for getting to do certain jobs, creating spreadsheets to log a variety of information - I was borderline obsessed with the game. For the past 4 years I've played just about daily, getting the most that I could out of the game; queueing jobs before I went to bed so I'd have a full lineup of jobs and full energy the next day. For 4 years I've seen changes come; I've complained about some and I've embraced others, but I've always stuck with the game. But lately I've found that I can either log in or leave it alone; and for today, at least, I'm happy just to log out and not deal with it. I'm no longer buying premium nuggets, and I don't have much premium activated anyway at this point, so I'm not concerned with losing premium time.
That's the way it is going to stay, too, because past experience has shown us that Inno makes the changes they want to make and the complaints and desires of the player community are nothing that concerns them. We will complain about this and rail against that, but unless we just break away from the game and actually stop playing, nothing will change - and we never do that. We always end up toeing the line and we keep buying premium, so there's no reason for Inno to change their practices, because in the end we're a bunch of do-nothing whiners with no backbone. We talk a big game, but when push comes to shove we back down, shut up, and do what they want.
In a word, we're sheep.

But me, I can smell the fresh air on the other side of the basement door - it may be winter, but the stench of wasted, spoiled cash leaking from my ruptured Paypal account sure makes that cold winter air outside smell pretty good at this point.
It just remains to be seen if I can finally keep my word.

HelenBack

Come on, Inno - you can do better than this! With the drop rates as abysmal as they currently are - and there's no way you can seriously claim the stated rates for each job are borne out in actual gameplay - the only way to get anywhere near reasonable drop rates is to go for the Silver and Gold jobs. But there's a huge gaping hole in that part of the game too - the game is not capable of retaining locations of the Silver and Gold jobs. And that is leading to a WHOLE lot of wasted time for players, and thus a really, REALLY bad taste in our mouths.

I just logged in about a half hour ago - I managed to find a Silver job near my town that would give me product that I actually needed, so I traveled there and queued up several sessions. Then I spent the next HALF HOUR looking for other Silver or Gold jobs I could travel to next. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so over the course of a half hour I had to repeatedly stop using my mouse in order to get feeling back in my hand. I managed to scour 4 or 5 neighboring counties and found a few more jobs I could queue up next, and then I took a break. When I came back, I found that the game had logged me out. I knew what I would find when I logged back in - all traces of Silver and Gold jobs (a total of roughly 15 or so) that I had just spent so much time looking for had been wiped out. So that does it for me - I'm done for the day. I'm getting more and more disgusted with the amount of time I'm wasting with v2.0 - for any number of reasons. Trying to figure out how to whisper someone who isn't on my friends list; why I need a list of useless messages on the left side of the screen (I know I've reached my destination - why do I have to have it repeated, ad nauseam, every day?); and mostly how to get a stinking product to drop without spending 2 to 3 days working the same stinking job. I have many things I wanted to do today; The West quickly became NOT one of them.

I've played many online games over the past several years, and I have NEVER played one aside from this one that needed to log players out at random times, on a regular basis. NEVER. The only time that happened was for an update push or server maintenance, and that should be announced days in advance.

When I started playing this game I spent a ridiculous amount of time logged into this game dueling, doing quests, mapping out strategies for getting to do certain jobs, creating spreadsheets to log a variety of information - I was borderline obsessed with the game. For the past 4 years I've played just about daily, getting the most that I could out of the game; queueing jobs before I went to bed so I'd have a full lineup of jobs and full energy the next day. For 4 years I've seen changes come; I've complained about some and I've embraced others, but I've always stuck with the game. But lately I've found that I can either log in or leave it alone; and for today, at least, I'm happy just to log out and not deal with it. I'm no longer buying premium nuggets, and I don't have much premium activated anyway at this point, so I'm not concerned with losing premium time.
That's the way it is going to stay, too, because past experience has shown us that Inno makes the changes they want to make and the complaints and desires of the player community are nothing that concerns them. We will complain about this and rail against that, but unless we just break away from the game and actually stop playing, nothing will change - and we never do that. We always end up toeing the line and we keep buying premium, so there's no reason for Inno to change their practices, because in the end we're a bunch of do-nothing whiners with no backbone. We talk a big game, but when push comes to shove we back down, shut up, and do what they want.
In a word, we're sheep.

But me, I can smell the fresh air on the other side of the basement door - it may be winter, but the stench of wasted, spoiled cash leaking from my ruptured Paypal account sure makes that cold winter air outside smell pretty good at this point.
It just remains to be seen if I can finally keep my word.

I agree with you 100%. The Silver and Gold jobs are fleeting... hard to find... once you do find them you get kicked out of the game and forced to logon again... only to discover the Silver and Gold jobs you found are gone. The drops are NOT nearly frequent enough... You lose Energy too fast doing 1-2 minute job for products... that aren't dropping. Plus all the other things we have all already repeated ad nauseum.

I'm honestly having trouble maintaining any focus on the game... I'll do fort battles in AZ... but that's all. I can't be bothered to logon to most of my worlds anymore. I'm in 14 .net worlds now... Deleted Briscoe already. Working on selling all my stuff in w2-w8... and migrating my w9 and w10... for now. It's sad... I don't even really feel like dueling anymore.. but that's all that's left to keep me in the game.
:(

I'll stick it out until the end of this year... If Inno hasn't made any significant improvements in the game play by the end of 2012... Then the New Year will find me looking for a new game that I can play for fun. Hopefully some of the friends I've met here will join that game too. If not, there's always keeping in touch via email.

DeletedUser

I did receive an answer from Da Twista. This heartened me that I actually received a simple, honest answer. I strongly suggest that anyone who wants such an answer write to Da Twista, as he is the only one who has given me real information.

In light of v2 I will delete all worlds except Arizona and wait for perhaps one update, unless I find a different game in the meantime.

Cheers to all those I've ff with and against, it's been fun. A tip of my hat to Da Twist.

chuck42

HelenBack

I did receive an answer from Da Twista. This heartened me that I actually received a simple, honest answer. I strongly suggest that anyone who wants such an answer write to Da Twista, as he is the only one who has given me real information.

In light of v2 I will delete all worlds except Arizona and wait for perhaps one update, unless I find a different game in the meantime.

Cheers to all those I've ff with and against, it's been fun. A tip of my hat to Da Twist.

chuck42

Hey Chuck, I know we've had our differences... lol But it's been great fun. I hope Inno does wake up and see what they've done. I'd like to suggest that you stay until the end of the year like I'll be doing (as well as some others). If nothing has changed for the better by then... start the New Year with a new game.

Unfortunately, since Inno has gone ahead and pushed this "update" on all the worlds, it won't be easy for them to turn it around. Everyone will have to lose their progress on open quests again if they change the job system back to how it was... I just hope they realize that to have their customers happy again, it is worth the effort that they have to make. If they want to save this game from extinction, then they need to listen to what their customers want. I'm still hoping that they will make the effort. (Glass half full girl here... :p)

They have put a lot of work into this game... It's a shame that they didn't listen to all the feedback while it was still in Beta... But I would have a lot more respect for them if they just admitted they went the wrong way and listened to us to make this game great again. The game won't exist without it's players... and the players wouldn't all be here if it wasn't for the game. Both need each other to exist.

I didn't agree with some of the prior updates they made... But those weren't major game play changers like v2 was. The prior updates you could get used to... v2... no... Those who work or go to school can no longer do jobs they need for products for fort building or crafting. They don't have time to sit there and click repeatedly. The chat... The fort building requirements... The dueling changes... etc... And no proper real official in-game notices to warn everyone this major "update" was coming. If the devs don't give the mods proper notice when the update will be happening, the mods can't even warn anyone. Then they get hit with everyone's anger when they had no control over the situation.

If I do leave The West... The only things I will miss are the friends I've made. The game itself is just a means to interact with them. Yes, I enjoyed the game... pre v2... and I would enjoy the game again if it was changed for the better.

Right now the fate of The West is in Inno's hands. Their decision will determine the survival of The West... Listen to their customers and make positive changes to possibly save The West... or... Stubbornly ignore the pages of feedback given by their customers and force The West down a road that may lead to the game's extinction.

All we can do is tell them what works and what doesn't. We need to try and make our feedback as constructive as possible. Just saying "It sux" isn't enough. We need more people to leave feedback... We should have an IN-GAME poll posted to see what everyone wants, because only a few people actually get to these forums. (Which is why official in-game notices were crucial in the days leading up to the v2 "update".)

Again... Glass half full girl here... I'm still hoping that Inno will wake up. They NEED to... or The West is over.
:tumble: :(

DeletedUser

Again... Glass half full girl here... I'm still hoping that Inno will wake up. They NEED to... or The West is over.

If your glass was half full, you'd be more about finding the positives in 2.0 instead of counting on it being scrapped, which is just wishful thinking.

HelenBack

If your glass was half full, you'd be more about finding the positives in 2.0 instead of counting on it being scrapped, which is just wishful thinking.

I've already stated the positives... Pretty map... Being able to make your own chats... But how would repeating those points over and over make the game better? If anything, constructive criticism will give Inno the information needed to make this game better than it is. Any company should pay attention to what their customers need... because without their customers, where would they be? If they don't listen to how they can improve their product... how will they keep their long-time customers and attract new ones?

In a nutshell... Constructive criticism will show Inno what the limits of their actions are and at what point they run into resistance... When Inno's "update" went beyond what is acceptable to their customers... When Inno decided what everyone wanted without listening to all the feedback given to them while v2 was in Beta... They told us to "get used to it" and pushed it on all worlds without official in-game notice to warn people it was coming. Please tell me how that was a positive move on their part.

My glass is half full because I'm still hoping that Inno will listen to what their customers want before everyone leaves... it may already be too late... but I'm still hoping. Why? Because I've enjoyed this game for 4+ years now and I really would hate to see it go. I want to see it succeed. If I didn't, I'd be gone already and I wouldn't be posting here anymore... I'm fighting to keep the game alive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My glass is half full because 2.0 has good aspects besides the trivial that has nothing to do with gameplay.

DeletedUser34464

My glass is half full because 2.0 has good aspects besides the trivial that has nothing to do with gameplay.

I'm trying to keep my glass 1/2 full but it's really hard. I see the positive aspects but the negative are really hard to ignore. This is fun-time, shouldn't have to work at it.

I keep seeing things like "oh its just a vocal minority in forums who hate V2.0" It's the opposite. I'm seeing players on world leaving who been around a lot longer than my short time, people that generate comments "wow, he's leaving? He was here when I got here" From L120's who I think of as having been around forever. And they never come to forums.

Example- small town I'm in on Colorado, out of 9, 3 are green, 6 red. From people who rarely went yellow. Not counting the 3 L50-70 who already deleted.
A couple of them are low levels, but those are exactly the people this update was supposed to appeal to.

Some of the trivial stuff may not have a direct effect on gameplay, but it sure affects enjoyment of playing the game. I'm getting sick & tired of having to reload page, clear cache, or go to my profile or a bank to find out how much actual XP, energy, health, or cash on hand I have because the on-screen graphics just don't keep up / go haywire. Tired of travelling somewhere to say pick up item at market. when toon gets there & idles bounces home & I can't pick up item until I reload because i get "can't pick up /not at location" message, even tho i am and the distance counter is at zero. This from an update where the graphics are supposed to be it's strength.

V2.0 is workable, but it needs major tweaking in a couple of areas that have been discussed endlessly. And fast.

HelenBack

Okay then Elmyr... Give us a list of all the good aspects of V2... And a list of all the "trivial that has nothing to do with gameplay". Sell us v2.
;)

DeletedUser

Okay then Elmyr... Give us a list of all the good aspects of V2... And a list of all the "trivial that has nothing to do with gameplay". Sell us v2.
;)

I've already said the new jobs aren't all bad. It sucks that all the formerly 15 minute saloon dailies tend to be 1.5 hour jobs and I no longer do many of them, but the 10-product 15-second job saloon dailies has more than made up for that. Some jobs have gotten much worse for farming products, like laying railroad tracks for glasses of water, but more products have gotten much easier, like granite. Gold and silver helps on some of the bad drops and it makes the easier drops even easier.

On Dakota, where I'm just screwing around and crafting (yeah yeah, I'm a masochist. I didn't have a master saddler and I wanted one. :p), I've been doing silver harvesting fields and I've gotten 138 grains today. 138. In 1.36, if you worked for a full day, 24 hours, and were extremely lucky, the most you could get in a full day would be 96, but that would be very unlikely. Before 2.0 I had made times where my luck with a product like corn was horrible and got none in an hour. That's a wasted hour. Now zero corn is a wasted minute and four minutes should yield one corn.

The best luck jobs have gotten worse, with traveling merchant taking 2 hours and grave robber having a reduced drop rate as a 5-minute job, but others have gotten better. Chasing bandits, the luck job of fort fighters, is still an hour job and it only uses 12 energy.

Crafting has been the source of many complaints before 2.0 and the update has made it much easier. The fruits of your labors may not have improved, but crafting is a lot quicker, with the average crafting time being reduced by about two thirds.

Travel times are much faster. One of my duelers who needed 3.5 hours to go from one corner of the map to the opposite corner now needs 1.5 hours. That also helps a lot with the daily quests issue, since you can routinely travel to both repeatable quest givers.

The new chats aren't as horrible as everyone says. My only big complaints are missing whispers and having to manually open fort chat to see placement and target orders.

I've enjoyed the fort battles. It's only temporary, but having every fort in varying degrees of construction have made every battle different since the maps are all different.

Keyboard shortcuts are one of my favorite additions. While some things have gotten a little harder to find, the shortcuts still make them easier to access.

And of course we have the cosmetic improvements. It really does look good.

Do I like it better? No, though it is growing on me and I am adapting.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. ~Stephen Hawking

DeletedUser6752

My glass is half full because Elmyr has driven me to drink. :p

Change is good ... correct change is even better. ~ G.K. Chesterton