West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I like most of this update, just having to found forts all over again isn't something I'm so happy with considering that on W15, my town has worked hard to obtain its forts and build them up, and now that will be wasted...

Well, it's said that there'll be a little compensation for the fort owners... hope it's not a wooping total of 20upb but more like fort building materials or something like that. =)

Smaller map means you don't have to travel for 5 hours to reach the other side of the map or they gonna mess with speed settings making stuff awfully slow again to travel to? since less travel time would really increase attendence on FF's i think

With 14 counties I am thinking of a setup like this:

A1 A2 .... A7
B1 B2 .... B7

But it could have another setup this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Quest giver location

Well i am kinda worried about where the new positions for those are gonna be as i can't seem to find anything readable about those in the announcement, so it would be awesome if you fx could tell us the location of them, or just show some picture of the different countries with quest giver locations.

DeletedUser

The number of forts will make things more exciting. There were just so many forts that it didn't even really mattered if you lost one. They will get more valuable and that will increase the intensity of a fort battle.

So does this mean they're actually going to implement in-game benefits for owning forts besides the one lvl6 barracks for players to sleep in? :p

Also, on the travel time from across the map: The counties will be bigger than in 1.xx, so don't count on it, Zeta.

DeletedUser6752

we will have to delete all tasks in your queue once the update takes place (Jobs, duels, everything).
You will not get back the energy for jobs/duels and so on.

OK, so if I have jobs queued they get canceled and I lose the energy for them. Understood - I guess that would be unavoidable based on how the switch will be done.

But what I'm thinking is, if it happens overnight (US time in my case) then I'm just dropped into some predetermined location, but wide awake and available to be dueled until I come online. I don't suppose there's any chance that the default state of all players at the start of 2.0 could be asleep for 8 hours in the hotel? I can't usually log in on weekday mornings, so I queue my jobs the night before - I can deal with losing that job queue for one day, so I won't bother to queue them if I know the update is coming. But that would leave me standing around for up to 8 hours until I get home from work, so it would be nice if I could at least have full energy and health when I DO log in for the first time, if I were dropped into 2.0 asleep and safe from being dueled until I can get online.
I can't imagine anyone appreciating that their first experience in 2.0 would be having to sleep for 8 hours following an introductory KO.

Apelatia

Any idea when founders will be able to choose the new setting of their town and how long will we have to wait for this update to be implemented?

Apelatia

Well, it's said that there'll be a little compensation for the fort owners... hope it's not a wooping total of 20upb but more like fort building materials or something like that. =)

Fort building materials would be useful only if you could obtain forts as soon as the update allowed...

Also, if this update was put in force on .net worlds at say 12:00 A.M. Server Time, then many mainly European/Asian towns would be missing out on any chance of regaining their previously lost forts, while towns populated by Americans would have all the fun building them all up themselves...

Last edited:

DeletedUser6752

Also, if this update was put in force on .net worlds at say 12:00 A.M. Server Time, then many mainly European/Asian towns would be missing out on any chance of regaining their previously lost forts, while towns populated by Americans would have all the fun building them all up themselves...

I hope I didn't come across as wanting things to go 'our' way - I just used my own location as an example. Every town in every world tends to have a population spread over most of the globe, so representation shouldn't be a problem for most towns (as long as that representation is active) - my main point was the chance to be dueled right after the switch, and hoping that they will do something about it.

And over in w1, we've been speculating about the "classic" status and how 2.0 will or will not affect that.

Apelatia

I hope I didn't come across as wanting things to go 'our' way - I just used my own location as an example. Every town in every world tends to have a population spread over most of the globe, so representation shouldn't be a problem for most towns (as long as that representation is active) - my main point was the chance to be dueled right after the switch, and hoping that they will do something about it.

Yes, the duelling thing could be a problem... Automatically having 3 hours queued sleeping in the town hotel would be the most sensible thing to do... (Maybe 8 for Automation users?)

DeletedUser

Smaller map means you don't have to travel for 5 hours to reach the other side of the map or they gonna mess with speed settings making stuff awfully slow again to travel to? since less travel time would really increase attendence on FF's i think

increase attendence? currently on newer worlds there are lots full fort fights. attendence is decreased cause not everyone can get in so they stop even trying.

i guess travel speed will be proportionally adjusted with map size so it is similar to current setup. however, increase of speed would be great, then again that means less nuggets/cash in inno pockets. so i doubt speed will be increased.

Desi said:
Migration of forts
We will not migrate any forts, you will have to build them up again.
Because we will have a lot less forts than before we couldn't find a fair and easy way to migrate them.
After the update the forts can be founded and build up again. First come, first served. This will bring new action into the game, workers will have a job again and all towns have the same chance to get a fort.
There will be a little compensation for fort owners but this will stay as a surprise for now.

as for building forts again: there won't be fair chance for everyone. any large alliance will have no problems whatsoever taking any unbuilt fort. so building it could be waste of time and resources. better wait for someone else to build it, then conquer it.

DeletedUser

So all forts on the map will be deleted and we have to build them again? LOL I can't wait to see how many people will quit after that update :)

DeletedUser

towns will merge ?! less town ? so what happen for our items/products in town markets ?! if i have products for pick in 2 town that will merge , what will happen for my products ?

DeletedUser

Who said that towns will merge?towns will be migrated to the new map(using a certain Rule.
But yes,a good point...what will happen to the goods still needed to be collected from towns?
Suppose I have 2 collect 2 spikes from a certain town.I have'nt collected them.The West 2.0 update happens say at 12:00 am,will my spikes vanish? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30417

Still have to pick up hundreds of bought items all over the map. I'd like to know as well what will happen with them if I fail to pick them up before the updates hit Arizona.

Maybe the devs could make the "Market delivery" premium free of charge a few days before the update. This avoids forcing players (like me) to waste a lot of time to make the pick ups in time.

Or maybe they could make a (temporary) premium service that lets players pick up all the bought items at once for a fixed number of nuggets/UPB's.

DeletedUser32160

I am loving this new update I think.Gives builders more to do and all know i love to build.

DeletedUser

I just want to know what this will do to fort battles. Apparently on Facebook it was said there would be many new worlds with 2.0 (I just saw a screenshot. I don't do Facebook). If we're going to spread out the fort fighters on smaller worlds with fewer towns and forts, will fort battle numbers be reduced?

DeletedUser16008

I just want to know what this will do to fort battles. Apparently on Facebook it was said there would be many new worlds with 2.0 (I just saw a screenshot. I don't do Facebook). If we're going to spread out the fort fighters on smaller worlds with fewer towns and forts, will fort battle numbers be reduced?

woohoo wont all the recent migrators be happy with that one ? cant wait for all this to sink in properly :rolleyes:

Bad Billy Jack

I am warning my towns to not necessarily start collecting fort building materials before we know for sure that the building requirements will be the same as before. After all, we have tons of new products & jobs now.

14 counties sounds like a very strange number. Map will be 2x7=14? Each county higher than it is wide? 3x5=15 sounds much better, but whatever.

My only real worry is the reduced fort number 120 down to 14x3=42 or 21 per the two major alliances. As we usually have, alliance founding towns have tons of forts, cuz the best ffers normally gravitate to or are head-hunted to those towns; or other towns don't have battle leaders so they are afraid to dig. When alliance founding towns feel they have enough, they let other alliance towns have some. How many does that leave for the other towns? Not many.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

ff are major $$ earners for Inno with all the premium for character class bonuses. I wouldn't worry too much about Inno messing this up, ff keep alot of customers here with stats set exclusively for ff and feeding the nugget bank. They will be careful and most likely responsive to the community.

DeletedUser1121

Still have to pick up hundreds of bought items all over the map. I'd like to know as well what will happen with them if I fail to pick them up before the updates hit Arizona.

Maybe the devs could make the "Market delivery" premium free of charge a few days before the update. This avoids forcing players (like me) to waste a lot of time to make the pick ups in time.

Or maybe they could make a (temporary) premium service that lets players pick up all the bought items at once for a fixed number of nuggets/UPB's.

Good question. Will try to get an answer asap