West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I am warning my towns to not necessarily start collecting fort building materials before we know for sure that the building requirements will be the same as before. After all, we have tons of new products & jobs now.

14 counties sounds like a very strange number. Map will be 2x7=14? Each county higher than it is wide? 3x5=15 sounds much better, but whatever.

My only real worry is the reduced fort number 120 down to 14x3=42 or 21 per the two major alliances. As we usually have, alliance founding towns have tons of forts, cuz the best ffers normally gravitate to or are head-hunted to those towns; or other towns don't have battle leaders so they are afraid to dig. When alliance founding towns feel they have enough, they let other alliance towns have some. How many does that leave for the other towns? Not many.

Well Billy,I don't think so,in worlds like 11-15 and 1,where people are so active,and there are at least 2 major alliances,I am pretty sure that those 42 forts are gonna get divided well.We will have fort fights,and their attendances will be high.

Also,on an average,there are 6 fort fights that happen in active worlds per day.42 forts(14 small,14 medium,14 big).Is'nt that going to be enough for 6 battles per day?:)

DeletedUser

woohoo wont all the recent migrators be happy with that one ? cant wait for all this to sink in properly :rolleyes:

I just wanted to point out that the post in that screenshot isn't on the West's actual Facebook page. It's a fake, no new Worlds have been announced anywhere.

DeletedUser1121

New worlds will be announced on this forum only. It will be done by a (co) community manager in the Western Star

DeletedUser

more graphic more more more, great, what about a mobile version? it's already a struggle

DeletedUser5238

inno screwing us yet again, the decision to delete forts and start from scratch just shows how much disregard they have for the people that play this game and put money in their pockets

the "surprise" that will be given to towns that own forts in compensation for losing their forts had better be damn good (although i think they should find a way to give compensation to the town that built the fort, not necessarily that town that owns it) the time and effort put in by countless people to build up the forts cant really have a price put on it in my opinion, not to mention the real money that people have spent on nuggets in order to make it easier to collect the products needed to build the forts

all in all the decision to shrink the map and therefore delete the forts is completely ridiculous to me, it amounts to nothing more than the time, effort and money of loyal players being viewed as nothing of importance and thrown away

DeletedUser

inno screwing us yet again, the decision to delete forts and start from scratch just shows how much disregard they have for the people that play this game and put money in their pockets

If you used 5000 nuggets to buy products so you could build a fort faster... that was YOUR choice. For the forts you can work on the jobs and get products for it... it´s not needed to buy things to raise it faster.
If your city loses a battle and loses the fort, will you go and ask for a refund because you used 2 things from the shop and your side lost?

Rebuilding the forts will be fun... since 95% of the people that go to the fort fight can get, a minimal, of 400 on construction. So it´s just a new choice of getting people to get the products to build it or get some thousands of nuggets and buy then in a few seconds.
One is slow the other is fast... but that happened the same way like when they appeared in game.

Since the map will be reduced (for 100% of the servers, the map was too big for everyone). Servers with 2500 players getting 500 towns... where 450 have less than 3 players.

In some points, inno will lose money... and will lose it big.
Since many people always use nuggets to move faster around the map.
If you can move from one side to the other in 1h, you will not use 20 nuggets. 5 or 10 are more than enough to get the same time.

Bad Billy Jack

Well Billy,I don't think so,in worlds like 11-15 and 1,where people are so active,and there are at least 2 major alliances,I am pretty sure that those 42 forts are gonna get divided well.We will have fort fights,and their attendances will be high.

Also,on an average,there are 6 fort fights that happen in active worlds per day.42 forts(14 small,14 medium,14 big).Is'nt that going to be enough for 6 battles per day?:)

Wow, you totally missed the point & have a view of ffing reality way different from mine!

Only 42 forts & let's be conservative & the two alliance founding towns only have ten forts each. That leaves 22 forts (11 for each alliance on a balanced server). That is not enough for the other towns in each alliance, let alone for other alliances.

Towns get rank points for their forts which is part of the main reason founding towns hog them, the other reason being is that they are that good.

Now let's talk about the other alliances. They are currently allowed to keep their forts since the map has so many; the main alliances consider them low hanging fruit & dishonorable to dig on them. I expect this to change & the little guys will have zero chance of having any forts & if they do manage to get lucky, they will not keep them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I expect this to change & the little guys will have zero chance of having any forts & if they do manage to get lucky, they will not keep them.

Sounds fair enough. Why would you want a fort if you can't stand a chance defending it?

DeletedUser

The only way I can see giving the little guys any kind of chance besides charity (or earning the spots with steady, solid participation) is changing to some kind of faction system. I.e. require all alliances to choose a faction like Union vs. Confederacy and give members of any alliance that belongs to the faction that owns the fort full access.

DeletedUser5238

If you used 5000 nuggets to buy products so you could build a fort faster... that was YOUR choice. For the forts you can work on the jobs and get products for it... it´s not needed to buy things to raise it faster.
If your city loses a battle and loses the fort, will you go and ask for a refund because you used 2 things from the shop and your side lost?

Rebuilding the forts will be fun... since 95% of the people that go to the fort fight can get, a minimal, of 400 on construction. So it´s just a new choice of getting people to get the products to build it or get some thousands of nuggets and buy then in a few seconds.
One is slow the other is fast... but that happened the same way like when they appeared in game.

Since the map will be reduced (for 100% of the servers, the map was too big for everyone). Servers with 2500 players getting 500 towns... where 450 have less than 3 players.

In some points, inno will lose money... and will lose it big.
Since many people always use nuggets to move faster around the map.
If you can move from one side to the other in 1h, you will not use 20 nuggets. 5 or 10 are more than enough to get the same time.

firstly rebuilding the forts wont be fun at all, they were a pain in the rear end the first time round so i dont see why that will be any different this time round

as for 95% of the people that are fort fighters having a minimum off 400 LP for construction, id like to know where you are pulling that number from, personally i would be surprised if even a third of fort fighters could say they have 400 points in construction

and nowhere in my post did i mention buying the products, remember not all worlds are full premium so the only way to find products faster is to use the higher income premium, but my bad for not making it crystal clear thats what i meant, that being said though if someone did spend 5000 nuggets on buying products to build a fort then by wiping out what those products were used for inno has basically taken their money and left them with nothing in return, yes it would have been the persons choice to spend money on nuggets for that purpose but to just brush it aside like it means nothing is ludicrous

and has it been confirmed that the travel times will be any less than they are now? ive not seen that stated anywhere so if it has can you post a link to that info? or are you just speculating? personally i cant see any way in which inno will lose money through this other than if people who feel cheated leave or resolve to never spend another penny on the game

DeletedUser

What happens to items in Market

What will happen to money that has not been picked up or goods for sale in the market?
I assume if the town does not make it into top 500 both the goods and money will be lost.

If the town does make it into the top 500 for migration to west 2.0 will the goods and cash still be in the town's market.

Lastly what happens to forums of towns that go forward are they intact?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

14 counties? The only configuration that makes any sense is

A: 3
B: 4
C: 4
D: 3

Basically making the map shaped (more or less) like a globe.

DeletedUser

14 counties? The only configuration that makes any sense is...

You know, It doesn't have to be shaped in squares like it is now. And because this map was make by the same artist that made forge of empires, I'm thinking it'll look a little bit like this:
[spoil]
province_map.jpg
[/spoil]
just a theory, but it makes sense :)

DeletedUser

Personally I prefer 1 long row, with about 6 hours to walk from one end to the other.

Or maybe a ring, wrapped around, so that county 1 and 14 are touching eh? You're never more than 7 counties from anywhere! ;-)

Bad Billy Jack

I can throw in a guess about market stuff. It is all characters tied to the market & the market migrates with the town, so no worries & no need to pick up anything. Towns who do not opt to migrate themselves will be auto-migrated by inno.

This is not like changing worlds where towns, & thus markets, go poof relative to the characters involved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25892

I can throw in a guess about market stuff. It is all characters tied to the market & the market migrates with the town, so no worries & no need to pick up anything. Towns who do not opt to migrate themselves will be auto-migrated by inno.

This is not like changing worlds where towns, & thus markets, go poof relative to the characters involved.

If I read it correctly, not every town (especially ghost towns) will be migrated.

MM2099