West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Ha! This is not real life my friend I dont get my experience set to zero everytime I achieve what I am after. And no my motivation doesnot decrease in RL just makes me more determined. Not the mention in RL I can change methods if necessary. The fact of the matter it is all chance in this game and INNO sets the odds in their favor.

DeletedUser21816

Wow, you really think they're out to piss you off. Don't you? If you don't like the way they're going, there's always a suggestions box for you to go to and they might change it "in your favor".

DeletedUser

Never said that nor implied it I was responding to a previous post. But the fact of the matter is this is A business for INNO. Thats fine with me because I am a full premium player. But INNO needs to do something to make this game more exciting thats just my opinion sorry U dont agree

DeletedUser

But INNO needs to do something to make this game more exciting thats just my opinion sorry U dont agree

If Version 2.0 isnt exciting then what could they possibly do to make it exciting short of changing the game to something else?

& in your previous posts your mentioning a lot about being bored due to the time for tasks and drop rates etc. This is a browser game, it is supposed to take that amount of time and if your not happy find some other games that aren't browser based which are more fast paced.

--

As for my input to the 2.0 & the dueling at the job groups there was a post in the devblog/raodmap a while back saying about a potential new feature Where if someone got dueled and another player form the same town was there they would be able to fire 1 shot. This could potentially be implemented to help dueling at the job groups (defensively at least)

DeletedUser16008

I don't know about anyone else but the one thing I think 2.0 needs more than lots of pretty new pictures ect is dealing with dueling and forts and adding some substance. To date I don't see either, as for dueling at spots ? good, im fed up with walking all over the map just for a 10 min duel.

DeletedUser

pkaqB.png

So Some new map has being reveled. Those highlighted Areas look like the jobs/job groups.
As a guess i can see Protect the wagon train & Repairing a covered wagon - So that could be 1 job group.
As for the mine, Coal mining, Iron, Silver could all fall under that group anyway. Its looking pretty nice graphically. And the Right corner we have a small pier for the fishing jobs.
Edit: Also see a horse there, Breaking in horses? Stealing. Who knows. Its just awesome. :)

My guesses anyway.

DeletedUser

Will there be the arrows where we can press to move the map, I can play on my iPhone on the web but I have to press arrows to move the map, hopefully, there will still be arrows...

DeletedUser22755

Let's see the things how they are:
this game is a mmo and better a mmorpg since there is the character improvement involved.
In every mmo (and i say EVERY) when we have a change from a 1.whatever version to a 2.0 version it means we have a major update, usually an expansion. And what includes this expansion?
-- for sure new higher level cap
-- new content
-- new and improved pve, pvp and crafting
-- new items, new quests
these are the basics for any major update (expansion) for every game that respect itself..

what we have here?
-level cap? the same.. dont the developments know that the players who play this kind of games love to improve their character level and not to stay at same level for years? This is the most important to these games, all want to level up, this is the game's challenge..
-new content? well, no, we havent any.. new content here is translated as new jobs and new quests. We have any? nooo.. we are doing the same jobs for years now and lately only 10 -12 jobs who needed for the dailies
-new items? ha, a joke.. the 99% of players running around with the same golden gun and the same clothes for years..
-- improved pvp? joke again, dueling here became a joke itself since last changes, its only luck-depending now and not skill/depending. I dont mention gear depending that should also be, because look above, all dueling items are 10 at all and same eachother.
Sillly shop items like the 20000% speed one destroyed duellin too. Wtf there were airplane jets in old west that bring a player 7 hours away to duel u in a sec? or there were mage/teleporter skills?
pvp here is fort battling too, but not challenge at all since the steel boxes changes. They should add these famous fort shops adding unique fort battle gear there and many many other things to add and make fort-battling fun again
-- crafting? useless, since the new token shop

and we will have what? OOh! a new map with jobs categorized over it (even there isnt any railway lines graphic at the map, old west's trademark)
in other words this is not a 2.0 update..
its a candy's dress to keep players to the game, players who are quiting in large numbers and leaving empty worlds behind and most an update for the company to keep money incoming without respecting her players since it seems that they dont understand -or they dont want to understand -what players really want from the game ..

cheers, and sorry for my bad English ! :)

DeletedUser

-- improved pvp? joke again, dueling here became a joke itself since last changes, its only luck-depending now and not skill/depending. I dont mention gear depending that should also be, because look above, all dueling items are 10 at all and same eachother.
Improved PvP would probably be - you can duel only the one who is there, online and is controlling his character.
Current game has only backstabbing PvP, you backstab and if lucky you'll win. Advertising that as dueling PvP is a lie and as such, selling something that isn't what's advertised, is probably breach of german laws.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Advertising that as dueling PvP is a lie and as such, selling something that isn't what's advertised, is probably breach of german laws.

Yes, because pvp is 100% fair in every game but The West and absolutely none of them have ganking.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, the game doesn't advertise ganking. But dueling. There is a big difference. You don't duel someone unaware of your attack. It's not a duel. Unless duel is a synonym for an assassination?

Oh and if you think I'm talking about nonsense... The official German consumer advice centre (vzbv) was not amused by the stuff Blizzard printed on their recent game... You know which one. And they simply sent Blizzard a cease & desist letter for infringement of competition laws.
See... By german laws a permanent internet connection MUST be printed on the package, if it is required. The package didn't have the word "permanent" on it. Which is clearly against the laws. And it's a clear case of false advertising.
Germany has some nice laws Elmyr. Laws that protect consumers and not frauds.

DeletedUser

Hey, I loved the old (ca. 2008) idea to allow two pvp options ambush (the current dueling system) and challenge (a real duel).

DeletedUser

Surely 2.0 will bring some more awesome achievements!

Where are achievements for dealing 1.000.000 damage in duels? 1000 hits and dodges in duels? Reward for getting all collection cards?

:p

DeletedUser

I still want my extensible achievements, e.g. Guru II for 500 battles, Guru III for 750 or 1k battles, Guru IV for 1k or 2k battles, etc.

DeletedUser

Remember how someone in every forum tells you don't own anything you buy and can't resell it.

Well if you live in the EU you do now. The European Court of Justice ruled the sale of any pre-owned software is legal digital or otherwise. The ruling applies to all software, not just games.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mult...stAdditions+(Pocket+Gamer+-+Latest+additions)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nnot-stop-you-reselling-your-downloaded-games
I'm not sure what does this mean for The West, but we'll see an impact of it in 2.0 definelty.