We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

panos-the-best

With Kansas message, I guess the answer is no (can´t be more dead than that world).

I think, according to numbers of active accounts on each world, that many worlds are first to migrate instead of Kansas (El Dorado, Idaho for example). Again, according to numbers, that may also have impact of nuggets spent if that's the point.
Also, according to how inactive G and H had to be for migration routes to open, I am afraid we'll have to wait some years for the next migration routes.

Nevertheless, in Juarez, the small amount of immigrants from G and H have boosted the pvp activity at least as far as it can be boosted (I now have 12 people in my duelling list instead of 7 and FFs have 80 fighters instead of 60 ), so I hope it will help Kansas also. Maybe it will motivate some players there also, idk.
Of course we don't expect miracles, unfortunately our standards of an "active world" have reached the bottom, but it is what it is...

Oddersfield

While migration to Kansas is possible from Houston, I hear that it is not an offered option on Galveston. Will it be and, if so, when? Or have I been misinformed?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
While migration to Kansas is possible from Houston, I hear that it is not an offered option on Galveston. Will it be and, if so, when? Or have I been misinformed?

Migration from Houston to Kansas was opened after Houston was scheduled for closure. Galveston is not yet scheduled for closure and a pathway from Galveston to Kansas has not been opened. A timeframe for closure of Galveston has not been set. It is not certain that a pathway to Kansas will be opened.

I appreciate this does not directly answer your questions, but it is the extent of the available information.

Oddersfield

Migration from Houston to Kansas was opened after Houston was scheduled for closure. Galveston is not yet scheduled for closure and a pathway from Galveston to Kansas has not been opened. A timeframe for closure of Galveston has not been set. It is not certain that a pathway to Kansas will be opened.

I appreciate this does not directly answer your questions, but it is the extent of the available information.
Further questions for you Goober. Perhaps they are answered elsewhere and I simply incompetent at finding them:

1. Will the gear from the last event be saleable before the final migration date from Houston?

2. If you are going to use your Houston persona to replace an existing character elsewhere, how do you get unsaleable gear (e.g. Union) from your character on the target world to the Houston one before you start the deletion/migration process?

Thanks

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Further questions for you Goober. Perhaps they are answered elsewhere and I simply incompetent at finding them:

1. Will the gear from the last event be saleable before the final migration date from Houston?

2. If you are going to use your Houston persona to replace an existing character elsewhere, how do you get unsaleable gear (e.g. Union) from your character on the target world to the Houston one before you start the deletion/migration process?

Thanks

The only way to get Oktoberfest’23 gear from Houston to Another world is to migrate your toon there—it will not be auctionable before the world closes so “muling” it to a world you have a toon on is not an option.

The closing date is NOT the deadline for migration. If you are migrating to a world where you have another toon and you want to keep it you can wait until it is auctioned. There should be ample warning before the migration deadline.

Killer Bonnie

Independence sets went on sale 1 week after Independence event finished That event ended on July 25th and Aug 1st Independence sets went on sale. So given same timeline, Oct 10 Oktobertest ended, with Oct 17 potential sell date? This is of interest to people migrating who are deleting existing toon in designation world and/or deleting their Houston toon as of Oct 18 given Oct 18 rapidly approaching clear answer would be greatly appreciated

Clever Hans

Independence sets went on sale 1 week after Independence event finished That event ended on July 25th and Aug 1st Independence sets went on sale. So given same timeline, Oct 10 Oktobertest ended, with Oct 17 potential sell date? This is of interest to people migrating who are deleting existing toon in designation world and/or deleting their Houston toon as of Oct 18 given Oct 18 rapidly approaching clear answer would be greatly appreciated
The update won't be here before October 24th.

Oddersfield

The only way to get Oktoberfest’23 gear from Houston to Another world is to migrate your toon there—it will not be auctionable before the world closes so “muling” it to a world you have a toon on is not an option.

The closing date is NOT the deadline for migration. If you are migrating to a world where you have another toon and you want to keep it you can wait until it is auctioned. There should be ample warning before the migration deadline.
How do you migrate after the closing date then?

The other part of my question was actually the reverse of the situation you described. Let us say I was going to delete my toon on AZ and intended to move my toon from Houston there as a replacement. Can/will Inno get unsaleable items (subject to the usual restrictions) plus nuggets from AZ to Houston before I delete the AZ character and move my Houston one in?

The problem I have with the information in the link you referenced is the final paragraph (Please note that the support team is not obligated to transfer any item, as this is normally not possible, so they can anytime reject your request, even if you meet the mentioned criteria.) What is the point of meeting the criteria you stipulate and then you still not doing it as you are not obligated to do so (or even not being able to do it anyway). Inno does love adding all these little caveats into their statements that sort of negates what they say to start with: frustrates the heck out of me :)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
How do you migrate after the closing date then?

The other part of my question was actually the reverse of the situation you described. Let us say I was going to delete my toon on AZ and intended to move my toon from Houston there as a replacement. Can/will Inno get unsaleable items (subject to the usual restrictions) plus nuggets from AZ to Houston before I delete the AZ character and move my Houston one in?

The problem I have with the information in the link you referenced is the final paragraph (Please note that the support team is not obligated to transfer any item, as this is normally not possible, so they can anytime reject your request, even if you meet the mentioned criteria.) What is the point of meeting the criteria you stipulate and then you still not doing it as you are not obligated to do so (or even not being able to do it anyway). Inno does love adding all these little caveats into their statements that sort of negates what they say to start with: frustrates the heck out of me :)

I will research the logistics of migration after closing, but I know it is a possibility. Either you will be prompted to migrate when you try to log in, or you will need to file a support ticket.

FWIW, I will be migrating my own Houston toon to Fairbank after I transfer my Okt’23 gear on Fairbank to a friend once that is possible.

The nugget sale and other qualifying gear is almost always transferred. The caveat you referenced is primarily to address the edge cases of gear that is known to break things if transferred (eg unique items that might be made available again), gear that was removed from the game but players who obtained it were allowed to keep it (eg upgraded sleepyhead gear) or severe staffing shortages that make it untenable to handle the volume of requests (an unlikely scenario on .net)

Annie-Bell

Hiya - looking for some clarification regarding migration out of houston, houston closing, and the option of delaying migration of houston account in the event of player has different toons in designated migartion routes. Most of stuff get, the 45 day thing is new to me and im sure others.

* Houston we no longer able to log into after Oct 18. We know press transfer toon ourselves using the transfer selection and after indicating which of 6 migration routes is picked by player. So normally players initiate migration themselves without inno prompt or inno ticket. As we cannot log into houston after Oct 18 doing ourselves is no longer possible. We are told oct 18 is last day to log in houston. Also told up to 45days available to migrate houston toon to one of the 6 designated worlds. Most of that understand, the 45 day thing is something dont fully understand.

So hoping to get some quick, clear clarifications (keeping in mind houston oct 18 no longer able to log into coming very quickly)

* If we decide to keep our Houston toon on "ice/limbo" and not initiate the press character transfer ourselves prior to Oct 18, have heard that after oct 18 that either will be a (a) prompt to migrate houston toon in login screen or (b) will need to file support ticket to migrate houston toon - Pls indicate which happens (prompt when we still decide when to press or if need to do ticket when up to inno to migrate toon when able)

If we decide to delay migrate houston toon, but still in 45 days, would be feel safe if prompted so that we make sure if have toons in designated world has pressed delete prior to migration prompt inacted, to avoid multi account active. So prefer prompt option .. assume like all current migrations the migration will be completed within 1 - 2 days depending when inacted?

* If we decide to delay migrate houston toon, and need to do inno ticket, is it still the same 1-2 days to process migaration, or is it a longer process? I assume will need to coordinate to ensure if many toons that the toon in designation world is deleted prior to migration of houston toon but dont want to go without toon for long period of time. Please clarify time frame of migration process if need to go thru inno ticket to migrate.

* I read in the communication that inno has right to deny, so want players to feel confident that they wont lose their houston toon if wait up to 45 days? and is there chance that the migration will be denied (aka lose your houston toon forever) or is the guarantee ability to migrate that others have same for those that excercise waiting a bit. (side note, know people would be interested in waiting until Oktoberfest stuff sellable, then give to trusted friends or team and then delete account and migrate in houston toon. Can u confirm this process and if our toons will be migrated.

* I dont have alot of special event gear world prizes but know some have, will those be transferred in full if they wait a bit to migrate (either via promt or inno ticket). I do have union stuff and some nugget gear not much but know in juarez that wasnt available prior, but in last 5 months seen union sets come in .. i assume will be treated same if exercise the up to 45 days option to migrate? please confirm.

Sorry for many questions, half of me is thinking just press migrate myself in houston as planned but we were informed by sheriff john in houston saloon about the 45 dayss can still migrate toon in full to juarez (or other 5 worlds) and not familiar of what this actually looks like and if will be similar to all other players that migrated thus far.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
You can find all the informations about migration here:
Players should set the toons to migrate prior closing date (18 October), after that date the world will be closed(will be permanently deleted after some time), login will not be posible.
After that date you have to file a support ticket in case you have not set your toon to migrate, but you will have to do it for a plausible reason( if you are active on that world do not wait for the world to be closed and request the migration - this is not a plausible reason :) ).

Killer Bonnie

It is because people don't want to lose Oktoberfest event gear they just worked hard to get and it will not be sellable befor the closure so... people that have to delete their toon to migrate are being told they can migrate after the gear becomes sellable even though they cant log on to houston after the 18th

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
It is because people don't want to lose Oktoberfest event gear they just worked hard to get and it will not be sellable befor the closure so... people that have to delete their toon to migrate are being told they can migrate after the gear becomes sellable even though they cant log on to houston after the 18th
We have to assume they worked as hard on both servers. It would be unfair to other players if the migrating players could get the Oktoberfest gear from 2 worlds. The way I understand it is that players need to choose which of the two characters they want to keep, sell the gear (not including Oktoberfest) from the second character to a friend and then go down the migation route.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
As i said before, migration after the closing date will be made by ticket only for serious reasons! Octoberfest gear getting sellable is not!

Oddersfield

So we have conflicting information from Inno support members. What Goober and what iulianp say are at odds. Which is correct, if indeed either is? 2 days to close down and those on Houston are still not clear on what is possible.

How can Inno's failure to co-ordinate world closure with being able to sell the most recent Oktoberfest gear be construed as anything but Inno's responsibility. Nowhere did I see anything from Inno on Houston saying don't do this event if you intend to mule gear to another world and delete your Houston toon. Being up-front goes a long way in cementing relationships. Inno, yet again, have failed at the basic level.

Exactly what is a serious reason, if Inno will not correct their own ineptitude. Not sure how anything can be more serious than that.

Annie: I moved my Houston toon to Kansas, not because I really wanted to, but because of the continuing lack of clarity on what can be done at this late stage. At least I had an option you apparently don't have. It is why I started asking the questions I did. Frankly I am none the wiser after several days. The whole process seems random to me - dependent on who you get responding to any request.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
So we have conflicting information from Inno support members. What Goober and what iulianp say are at odds. Which is correct, if indeed either is? 2 days to close down and those on Houston are still not clear on what is possible.

How can Inno's failure to co-ordinate world closure with being able to sell the most recent Oktoberfest gear be construed as anything but Inno's responsibility. Nowhere did I see anything from Inno on Houston saying don't do this event if you intend to mule gear to another world and delete your Houston toon. Being up-front goes a long way in cementing relationships. Inno, yet again, have failed at the basic level.

Exactly what is a serious reason, if Inno will not correct their own ineptitude. Not sure how anything can be more serious than that.

Annie: I moved my Houston toon to Kansas, not because I really wanted to, but because of the continuing lack of clarity on what can be done at this late stage. At least I had an option you apparently don't have. It is why I started asking the questions I did. Frankly I am none the wiser after several days. The whole process seems random to me - dependent on who you get responding to any request.
Goober said his personal opinion( what he wants to do as player) but the migration procedure is in the upper link.
The world closure has been announced with enough time for an active player to prepare for migration and migrate in the needed time( before the day of closure).