We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Artem124

This is what I've summed up for some peoples messages

they want to migrate from Houston but they also want to farm gear in their other world their planning to delete so they can give to a friend etc. that will give back too their main that transfers there,,
that's why they want gear to be actionable before world ends..
but inno made sure that's not possible by deleting world 1 week after event..

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Ultimately I made an error in judgment in sharing what I honestly believed to be a correct interpretation of the guidance provided in the migration FAQ. I apologize wholeheartedly to everyone and especially anyone who might pay a consequence for having acted differently as a result of that misinformed interpretation.

That migration after closure excluded one’s inventory was a shocking revelation to me (one I still can’t wrap my head around, and one for which my own Houston inventory will resulting be lost to the ether). I will encourage guidance be revised to make explicitly clear that the effective deadline for beginning migration is 8 days before the closure date — the world may close at 00:00:01 on the designated day, and deletion of an existing toon on the destination world may take up to 7 days.

Alduin

well let me know if any world is about to be closed so i can open a soldier there and move it to colorado god dueller is soooooo annoyingly useless gotta be more useful for my people.

Oddersfield

Ultimately I made an error in judgment in sharing what I honestly believed to be a correct interpretation of the guidance provided in the migration FAQ. I apologize wholeheartedly to everyone and especially anyone who might pay a consequence for having acted differently as a result of that misinformed interpretation.

That migration after closure excluded one’s inventory was a shocking revelation to me (one I still can’t wrap my head around, and one for which my own Houston inventory will resulting be lost to the ether). I will encourage guidance be revised to make explicitly clear that the effective deadline for beginning migration is 8 days before the closure date — the world may close at 00:00:01 on the designated day, and deletion of an existing toon on the destination world may take up to 7 days.
I greatly appreciate you openness, honesty and sincerity, It is something that some of your colleagues could do with learning from. It goes a long way to promoting good relationships with we simple players.

A few days ago I moved my own Houston toon to a world I really didn't want it to go just to avoid the predicament some are now in - because there were so many contradictions in what was being said and time was ebbing away. That you made a mistake isn't a big issue at all. The problem was that nobody on Inno's staff corrected it immediately. It has been like getting blood from a stone establishing clearly what could and couldn't be done.

Thanks again for owning things.

Goku Black

There are too many dead worlds at the moment, something must be done with them. Until Inno remembers to care for the players more and for the money less ( never going to happen), i reccomend old players to just start on Colorado, at least they can enjoy some decent fortfights or duels. New worlds are a scam, just don't invest your money on the world opening tomorrow, Colorado is the only world that is worth to invest your time and money.

Oddersfield

This is what I've summed up for some peoples messages

they want to migrate from Houston but they also want to farm gear in their other world their planning to delete so they can give to a friend etc. that will give back too their main that transfers there,,
that's why they want gear to be actionable before world ends..
but inno made sure that's not possible by deleting world 1 week after event..
In my case, it was the reverse. I wanted to get from my toon on AZ or Briscoe to my toon on Houston before I deleted the Toon on either AZ or Briscoe and migrated the Houston toon there. Specifically I wanted to know how you get unsaleable gear (as in only purchasable with nuggets) from AZ or Briscoe to Houston - and indeed if you can. I still have no clue as to whether that is possible. That is why I needed the recent event gear on Houston as it probably wouldn't be saleable on AZ or Briscoe. I actually got it on all 3 worlds just in case - glad I did as my Houston town is now in Kansas.

Not really sure what the moral difference is with your case and those players who start new worlds to get $ which they then trade on the new world in return for $ on, usually, Colorado. It is using one world to subsidize another however you dress it up.

Annie-Bell

okay ty for clarifying .. think most know that the option presented week ago is a no go ... now pls hurry all in houston to migrate our preferably prior to 23:59 on Oct 17th server time. Did notice sheriff was posting frequently in saloon and saloon topic, thank you!

agree with helen above would of been cool (delay houston closing one week).

Just finishing pressing delete on toon in world (geez was tough to do sentimental wise and moving/leaving worlds even tho very low activity in some of these worlds). Just about to start the migration of houston right now. Galv is next so think wont have similar last minute confusion. And yes ty for saying something about misinfo, that means alot.

HelenBack

It really shouldn't have been an issue if they just planned the closing a bit better. First they force us to leave a world and then they deny our ability to use the new gear we got over the event. Really what difference would a week or two make for the server to run a bit longer? Just a nice customer service thing really. It would have made Inno shine a bit brighter in it's customer's eyes... They really need all the help they can get. lol :up:

Victor Kruger

I miss the days of Hellstrom as a cm.......this is still just amatuer hour.

Yes and HQ closed loads of worlds at that time and made Hellstromm look like a fool by changing the goalposts or close dates frequently too .. Did it to Twista with W1 despite a huge push back from players then after 95% had left HQ closed migration again but Left it open for another 9 years, like being in an open prison just with cooler inmates .. *waves at Helen* ... Truth is HQ dosnt care anymore about its CMs or teams than it does the player base & never has. Won't repeat what stories H told about the dweebs he had to deal with at HQ its unprintable but sure you can imagine.. ;)

HelenBack

Yes and HQ closed loads of worlds at that time and made Hellstromm look like a fool by changing the goalposts or close dates frequently too .. Did it to Twista with W1 despite a huge push back from players then after 95% had left HQ closed migration again but Left it open for another 9 years, like being in an open prison just with cooler inmates .. *waves at Helen* ... Truth is HQ dosnt care anymore about its CMs or teams than it does the player base & never has. Won't repeat what stories H told about the dweebs he had to deal with at HQ its unprintable but sure you can imagine.. ;)
I really miss W1... That was the best world ever. Still sad that world got closed. But ya that is the perfect description Vic. lol :)

*RUMGLOMPS VIC!!!* :D

I wish Inno would smarten up and treat it's players (and mods) better. I don't know about what happened to Hells or Twista. But both of them were pretty solid people (even when we didn't always agree lol). Sometimes I know their hands were tied and they had to do whatever HQ said.

But back then it seemed that the CMs and mod team cared a bit more about the players. Not always.. But for the most part it seemed that way.

Alduin

As long as i can combine my inventory like jordy, i support the migration. I need to change my class :D and anything for it.

Killer Bonnie

So is there any idea when Galv will be closing and people finishing migrating? As with anytime a new world opens prior worlds are impacted with people leaving to join the new world. We are looking at who is leaving and who is staying so we can sort out ffs. Would be very helpful to finish the migration on 2nd half of the galv/houston migrations.