We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Discussion in 'Saloon' started by Harsha.., Jun 30, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Harsha..

Harsha.. Well-Known Member

I feel it's time this subject was raised again - there simply are too many worlds.

While I do understand the economic incentive in opening new worlds - players start there and spend nuggets to level up and get gear, there is no sense in leaving older and inactive worlds open. It does considerably more harm than good.

Assuming a Veteran player is on Dakota. He/She has worked hard in the past to take their toon to level 150, and aren't willing to put in the effort to start again from scratch in a more active world, which I know can be very difficult and energy-draining. A new set - say, the union set comes for sale and that player looks at the scant number of battles on Dakota and then decides "it's not worth it" and doesn't spend money on the game. Even as the world slides further into inactivity, players on that world get more depressed and gradually quit.

I have personally seen people in my alliance in Briscoe (yet another dead world) complain about the low activity. Few battles happen there and attendance is low. Many great players have Briscoe as their "main world", the one world where they invest 80% of their time and money in. Now, assuming those players can be moved to other worlds like Az or Colorado - these players would only contribute towards making these worlds more active. These worlds (Az and Co) which have a shortage of battle leaders will gain new ones if migration is allowed, and the players who migrate will gain a fresh interest in things. Additionally, with closing down the worlds, I also believe that Innogames will save money in server running costs. So, it's a win-win for everyone concerned.

My proposal is that Briscoe, Dakota and El Dorado be closed down. Players on these worlds who didn't spend nuggets on buying SPs/APs should be allowed to migrate to Colorado. I'd also like to request for a poll to be conducted in each of these worlds, asking players whether or not they want the world to be closed down. If the overwhelming majority votes, then it would provide adequate justification for closing that server down.

2. P4F Mastermind

P4F Mastermind Member

I agree that migration could save many worlds and players

3. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

You can buy sp in briscoe, which was why you couldn’t migrate from world 11/12 into Colorado.

So, only 2-3 worlds are probably an ideal route.

Galveston, eldorado, Dakota, and briscoe should have the ability to migrate at least at end of last year. In my opinion, those worlds don’t have much average player activities.

4. Harsha..

Harsha.. Well-Known Member

In my post, I said those who didn't buy any sp/ap should be allowed to migrate to colorado. I know a number of players who already have toons in Az, but not in Colorado. Why permanently close off the option to migrate to the most stable .net server to everyone from the other worlds? - there are many who didn't buy any SP/AP and those can be allowed to move there.

Can some moderator please let us know when is it planned for the next round of world closures to take place?

RaiderTr likes this.
  5. asdf124

We can also ask if the nuggets can be refunded (sp/ap bought) removed)

Harsha.. and RaiderTr like this.
  6. Al35ul

Al35ul The West Team

It would be almost impossible to know who bought skill points and who didn't. On top of that, to check this, you'd have to take each player one by one,which is also not very likely to happen and not 100% accurate.

7. foscock

foscock The West Team GM Master

Moderators find out about migration at the same time the rest of the players do, it's not something that is revealed early.

drphil3 likes this.
  8. asdf124

I can make a spreadsheet, and then players can just screenshot how much they have bought if it makes it easier for moderators.

9. Al35ul

Al35ul The West Team

That is even less accurate than taking each player one by one and checking if they bought APs/SPs or not :rolleyes:

10. RaiderTr

RaiderTr Well-Known Member

I mean it doesn't have to be Colorado does it? Just merge/migrate some Worlds into one :p

11. Apelatia

Apelatia Moderator

Realistically, whether or not players have bought some skill points shouldn't make a huge difference. There's already such a vast spread on Colorado that unless we're talking about super old players who have done every quest/event with an SP reward, as well as being level 150 and having bought SPs, then there won't be a big advantage compared to others. I bet that even if players that bought skills in the past migrated to Colo, there would still be long-term Colo players with more accumulated SPs and APs than them.

The worlds aren't as "competitive" as they once were either, so imo it should be OK to allow full premium to migrate to enhanced premium, or whatever it's called. Just depends whether Inno is willing to lose those players that "might" buy skills to a world where they won't be able to.

12. RaiderTr

RaiderTr Well-Known Member

Game already lost tons of players to imbalance and awkward OP P2W sets.

But still I don't think those specific servers should be merged into Colorado. There are lots of servers to merge with until it comes to that.

13. deiben

deiben Well-Known Member

DAMN STRAIGHT, HARSHA !!!!!!!

Inno has drug the .EN servers thru enough mud and muck.
    When we go up against .cz or .gr or whatever servers in FF Tournaments and get our butt's kicked... enough is enough.

I've played Briscoe and Briscoe only for over 8 years.
    We've taken on so many migrators we no longer have an identity.

Can those of servers, like Briscoe, that have taken on some many migrators, that are now the server of those migrated, be given a chance to leave it?

I'm going to give you an example:
    When simosthegooner, who's toon on Briscoe migrated to it, uses his toon on Briscoe to threaten toons on other servers for their actions on Briscoe, can I get off Briscoe?
    He can be the @realdonaldtrump on Briscoe. I just play this as a game. This simos guys thinks he actually controls and owns something.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  14. canufeelit

canufeelit Well-Known Member

drphil3 likes this.