Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser35919

Incredibly useful! TVM!

Any chance of a (toggleable) auto-update, perhaps with a notification with a link to the new feature(s))? That would mean I could simply click the notification to get rid of it rather than reloading the page again after logging in

The clothcalc (tiny) version number should also be a link to the latest version notes (not necessarily on tw-db, as this can take some time to be updated) IMO..

Many thanks for your hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34084

I just released my little contribution to the ClothCalc UserScript - item pinning feature. It allows you to pin chosen items to the Last changed section of the Inventory window, so that they are always quickly available. The image should explain everything:
BMPcJis.png

There are more cool new features for ClothCalc comming your way soon.
Hehe, finally :laugh: Thanks :up:

DeletedUser34295

What happens if you pin a consumable and then use the last of it? Does it become re-pinned once you get another in inventory or will you have to re-pin it yourself?

DeletedUser16928

Great feature. There was a thread in I&B created recently about this (I'm guessing you saw it, judging by the timing), but it's nice to be able to have the feature without having to wait months for it to be implemented, if it's implemented at all.
To be honest, I haven't seen your thread. This idea was actually around in our team for some time (maybe even months), but nobody had the time to implement it. But recently, this was suggested to me again by a player in the .CZ community; that's when I finally at least thought about how it could work and simply fell in love with it. :)

Hehe, finally :laugh: Thanks :up:
Yeah, I know... The feature was actually pretty much complete this Sunday, but I hoped I would push another feature into the release as well.. a feature I still didn't get an approval for, so I at least released this one today.

Any chance of a (toggleable) auto-update, perhaps with a notification with a link to the new feature(s))? That would mean I could simply click the notification to get rid of it rather than reloading the page again after logging in

The clothcalc (tiny) version number should also be a link to the latest version notes (not necessarily on tw-db, as this can take some time to be updated) IMO..
Not quite sure what you mean by that new kind of an auto-update feature - does that mean you would like the script to be able to update without reloading the game? That might not be possible... Or do you mean you would like to get a notification about the new version even during gameplay (not just at login), so that you get the update sooner? That is possible, although it might produce some undesired extra network traffic.
As for the release notes, do you mean you would like to see what's new even before you install the new version? Otherwise, release notes are available directly from the script (4th tab in the window with Import and ClothCalc Settings).

DeletedUser35919

Not quite sure what you mean by that new kind of an auto-update feature - does that mean you would like the script to be able to update without reloading the game? That might not be possible...

Let me explain: ATM if I'm not logged on to the game (or the machine account), when I log on I get your notification that the script has been updated, & click on it to update the script. I /then/ have to refresh (or re-logon) in order to make the new script work properly with the game. I was simply asking for the removal of one of those steps; a notification that the script has been updated & a link to the release notes on the notification dialog

Since you're polling your server for the notification anyway, why not do the script update at the same time (toggleable, for ppl who don't trust auto-update)? Provided this happens quickly while the game is loading there should then no longer be a need to refresh/logon a 2nd time, IYSWIM..

As for the release notes, do you mean you would like to see what's new even before you install the new version? Otherwise, release notes are available directly from the script (4th tab in the window with Import and ClothCalc Settings).
*#"£! Never noticed the 4th tab before! :) However, all I was asking was that you change the flat text version number to a hotlink to the notes whenever it appears, eg the bottom of the Clothcalc & Import windows

Tks for the prompt reply

DeletedUser22685

To be honest, I haven't seen your thread. This idea was actually around in our team for some time (maybe even months), but nobody had the time to implement it. But recently, this was suggested to me again by a player in the .CZ community; that's when I finally at least thought about how it could work and simply fell in love with it. :)

It wasn't my thread: Pint-West.

My puns are far better.

DeletedUser

Bringing the additional idea from the Pint-West thread here, would it be feasible/favourable if the pinned items show in a completely separate tab and not take up the space in the "New" tab? Like there could be a button right next to where the pin is now and clicking that button opens another tab in the inventory which shows all the pinned items.

DeletedUser34084

Yeah, I know... The feature was actually pretty much complete this Sunday, but I hoped I would push another feature into the release as well.. a feature I still didn't get an approval for, so I at least released this one today.
If it's the same thing we talked about last time, I thought you already got an approval for it :huh:

DeletedUser34295

Found a bug with the script, I'll try and explain.

I have one copy of the "Fancy Knickerbockers" in my inventory which I recently bought at the merchant. Whilst it was at the merchant the script showed me a little dollar-sign down at the right which was odd because it was neither unused for jobs nor a double of something I had.

When I got it in my inventory (new tab) it still showed the dollar sign and when hovered over it said "this item you have more than once". I equipped and unequipped, still the same. I then went to the trousers section of inventory and noticed that it didn't have the sign whilst I was there. Back to the "new section" and the sign was gone from the trousers. I equipped and unequipped them, and then the sign came back. Again, it's removed when going to the trousers tab of inventory.

I think this explains the bug, if not I'll provide some screenshots of it tomorrow when I get the time for it!

DeletedUser16928

I was simply asking for the removal of one of those steps; a notification that the script has been updated & a link to the release notes on the notification dialog

Since you're polling your server for the notification anyway, why not do the script update at the same time (toggleable, for ppl who don't trust auto-update)? Provided this happens quickly while the game is loading there should then no longer be a need to refresh/logon a 2nd time, IYSWIM..
We are currently only requesting the version information only when you sign in to the game... Furthermore, when you update the script, it is necessary to reload the game for the new instance to be actually loaded by the game.

But if we go an extra mile, we can remove one of those steps. There are two options:
  • We keep requesting it only at sign in, but if a new version is detected, the script won't load until you choose whether or not to install it. In case you choose to install, instead of running the current script code, it will dynamically load the new code from our server and run it, thus eliminating the necessity to reload.
  • We start polling for the new version like every hour or so (while you are already logged in) and thus there is a nice possibility you will get the notification during game play, not after signing in. In this case, the game will have to be reloaded, since the old version code was already executed. (ClothCalc isn't build to be able to reload its code during gameplay)
Choose the one you like more and I will put it to my endless list of desired features. :D

Bringing the additional idea from the Pint-West thread here, would it be feasible/favourable if the pinned items show in a completely separate tab and not take up the space in the "New" tab? Like there could be a button right next to where the pin is now and clicking that button opens another tab in the inventory which shows all the pinned items.
Hmm, when I was thinking about the implementation, I really wanted those items to be directly in the recently used tab so that they are available in a single click (of opening the Inventory). I was also worried about reducing the number of visible recently changed items, but I think it would be acceptable to access them on a second click. As a part of another feature I'm thinking about, I would like to implement paging in that section which would allow you to see even over 100 of those items - that would more than solve this problem. :)

If it's the same thing we talked about last time, I thought you already got an approval for it :huh:
I did get an approval from Da Twista, but I also need the approval from Joony and he doesn't respond to my messages...

I think this explains the bug, if not I'll provide some screenshots of it tomorrow when I get the time for it!
I'm not able to replicate it... A screenshot would be nice, thank you!

DeletedUser

But if we go an extra mile, we can remove one of those steps. There are two options:
  • We keep requesting it only at sign in, but if a new version is detected, the script won't load until you choose whether or not to install it. In case you choose to install, instead of running the current script code, it will dynamically load the new code from our server and run it, thus eliminating the necessity to reload.
  • We start polling for the new version like every hour or so (while you are already logged in) and thus there is a nice possibility you will get the notification during game play, not after signing in. In this case, the game will have to be reloaded, since the old version code was already executed. (ClothCalc isn't build to be able to reload its code during gameplay)
Choose the one you like more and I will put it to my endless list of desired features. :D

I like the first option more. Reason being, unless cloth-calc will be updated multiple times in a day or even once every day in the future, polling for a new version every hour or so is not needed. Regular players login at least once a day or even multiple times a day and therefore they won't be unaware of a new version for more than a day. Even players who never close the browsers and never shut down their PCs/laptops will want to re-login once a day to get the daily login bonus.
However, if the second option will not increase the load on the browser (or other things that matter) by much, then I guess it will allow users to use the latest version as soon as possible which would be an important feature in circumstances like when a patch is needed for a bugged new version. Then the second option is preferable.

DeletedUser35919

We keep requesting it only at sign in, but if a new version is detected, the script won't load until you choose whether or not to install it. In case you choose to install, instead of running the current script code, it will dynamically load the new code from our server and run it, thus eliminating the necessity to reload.

Sounds good, if the script notification can have an auto-install checkbox :)

[*]We start polling for the new version like every hour or so (while you are already logged in) and thus there is a nice possibility you will get the notification during game play, not after signing in.

Even players who never close the browsers and never shut down their PCs/laptops will want to re-login once a day to get the daily login bonus.
Even players who never turn their machine off /have/ to logon at least once a day, when Inno's server kicks us off for its update/backup :)

However, if the second option will not increase the load on the browser (or other things that matter) by much, then I guess it will allow users to use the latest version as soon as possible which would be an important feature in circumstances like when a patch is needed for a bugged new version.
Good point!

So Petee, the preference would be, if possible, to combine the two: the first option would be the default action, but the script would /also/ poll (say) twice a day (with a semi-random timeframe, to avoid clashes with Inno downtime and/or your own) for the version number. If an update is found, a timed dialog pops up saying something like: 'Clothcalc will update and auto-reload your game in 5 seconds. Update: Y/N [ ] do not show this again [ ]'

Does that sound reasonable?

DeletedUser16928

The installation itself cannot be automated, a user action is required to launch and confirm installation of a userscript. I can run the new script automatically, but it will only last until the next reload, plus it would have to be done before the old version code would be executed - at log in.

It would be possible to combine both approaches, but it feels to me like a bit of an overkill... :)

DeletedUser34295

Actually, I just noticed that the bug is bigger than for the Fancy Knickers. Basically, if I unequip an item by clicking a new one, the unequipped one tells me I've got more than one of it. If I unequip an item by clicking on it (ending up wearing nothing new) it also tells me I've got more than one of the item with the little dollar sign. And then, if I equip, from wearing nothing, by clicking an item - regardless of which one - the dollar sign disappears.

This however, does not appear to happen with the new Halloween Set, only every other item pretty much. I'll work on some screenshots!

Here are 6 images with an explanation to what I've done!

I'm dressed and everything is fine:

[Spoil]
1zy7uw.png
[/Spoil]

I click the green farmer clothes to equip them instead, the dollar sign appears on the yellow shirt:

[Spoil]
34nsm79.png
[/Spoil]

I unequip the green farmer clothes by clicking them, the dollar sign now appears on them instead:

[Spoil]
241wnz8.png
[/Spoil]

I equip the green farmer clothes again, and now everything is fine. Same effect regardless of what I equip at this point, needn't be the one with the dollar sign:

[Spoil]
xbwfw0.png
[/Spoil]

Here I'm dressed in Halloween Clothes and everything is fine:

[Spoil]
a9gew.png
[/Spoil]

I equip the yellow shirt instead and here you can see the Halloween Shirt doesn't get a dollar sign, like the green farmer clothes did. This appears to be true for all clothes from Halloween Set:

[Spoil]
vov6sl.png
[/Spoil]

General info:

When hoeverd over, the dollar sign reads that I have the item more than once. Which isn't true for any of my clothing equipment since I sell doubles immediately. It also works/disappear if I reset the window by closing/opening again, or if I visit any other tab than new and then go back. I'm using Comodo Dragon (chromium browser) and with the latest script version. Can't tell if it happened before update or not, don't remember how they fall in time relative to each other.

EDIT: I also use TamperMonkey to run the scripts.

DeletedUser

Is this happening on your comodo dragon? Because I did all these things but couldn't replicate the bug

DeletedUser34295

Yeah, it is. I am however also using TamperMonkey now, which everyone recommended I should use to make the scripts work better.