Website Town Management Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Not many people are following forums every day so in my opinion there is interest in it :)
So what do you think - will you start working on this tool?

I have already made a start on it check it out at west.orkhost.com. At the moment with only 10 registered users and with the "Tax Monitering" in the development forum. I will not be working on it anymore unless the "Tax Monitering" suggestion doesn't get put in game.

Diggo11

I'd keep working on it Eddy, I think people such as myself just hate registering to try something. Perhaps you should make a trial edition where you can use the tool but no data is saved? And we both know even if a idea gets into the development suggestions it still isn't a definite update. You never know, some people may prefer your method to my ingame method.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well instead of complain to you about the semantics of it I decided to test it.. and well dude.. it's got some real bugs I'm not going to publicize the info so expect a pm

DeletedUser

I know what the problem is it's to do with the 12 hour time format nothing major. Just I programmed it to handle a 24 hour format.

DeletedUser

Don't be dispirited eddy, the world is comprised of techo-******s [myself included] who want things to be easy. I'm sure that you can come up with some things that improve the game. it's very impressive how incomprehensible you are. Good games need 'techies' and 'creatives' I'd have signed up for your site but i make my living from intellectual copyright so the disclaimer was a no no for me.

DeletedUser

I have just updated the Town Management Tool to version 1.12 which fixes the summary page display and other minor issues. To see the exact changes look at the change log for more details.

DeletedUser

Seems to be working right :)

now for some suggestions :)

How about making the names clickable and it will shows all donation for said player

and more important.. how about allowing us multi towns somehow

DeletedUser

Great :).

I was thinking about displaying the total of all players below the grand totals. What does everyone think about that?

How would you like multi towns to be displayed? How it is but with town names beside each player? Or have towns displayed separately?

DeletedUser

I was thinking displayed as is with a "world" dropdown to switch worlds/towns.. I'm founder on 4 out of 5 worlds and I have multi same name town but diff worlds .. and I have players who donate a lot once in awhile rather then consistant.... as I'm sure you've seen if you've looked at my data

DeletedUser

I just found your duel tool. It is perfect!! Thank you so much! Now I am going to try your treasury tool.. OMG! You gonna save me so much time.. You are a genius!!

*Bow*

DeletedUser

You know what I would really like.. A place were I can copy all my residence names in for you.. Then copy and paste the treasury log for you.. And Viola.. I get a report of how much every citizen donated, from the most to the once that got a short memory.

Pls dont give up on this. It is truly brilliant!

DeletedUser

Update in Development

Just thought I would let you all know I am continuing to work on this and currently working on an update.

The update will include;

1. Fix of the week start/end overlap
  2. Allow multiple towns in different and same worlds on the same account
  3. Allow the adding of town members names, levels and classes. For your information and taxing purposes. This will fix how some town members who haven't paid tax don't show up.
  4. Allow different taxes for different town members with manual input or using the auto tax formula.
  5. I might also add the construction logs and display them on the summary, or this maybe left to another update.

This update will help allow for another upcoming feature which I'm not saying what it is yet. It does however use the distance calculator function and I think will be very useful for all players of the west and towns.

DeletedUser

Town Management Tool Down for Update

Just thought I would let you all know in the next few minutes I will be taking the Town Management Tool offline. This is due to the new update been complete and I now need to install it. There is quite a significant database structure changes so need to make the changes which takes time.

Town Management Tool will be offline for around 30 - 45 minutes hopefully if all goes to plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Town Management Update Version 1.20 Complete

I have just finished updating the Town Management Tool you should now be able to access it.

You will have to add your towns now, if you wish to use your old log data contact me and I will transfer it to your new town.

The following changes have occurred;

1. Gave the website a new look (Give your browser a few refreshes to make sure you see it)
  2. Fix date overlap on summary page
  3. Added the ability to have multiple towns in different worlds on same account
  4. Added the ability to access the same town from different accounts
  5. Tax can now be set on a per member bases
  6. Town Member level and class is stored for your information(at the moment)
  7. Summary page displays the overall donations of each member and % totals
  8. Summary page tax due shows as green or red depending on if tax has been met.
This version has also put in place some code for an upcoming feature.

I have not done much testing of this version so if you find and bugs or errors let me know, so I can get them fixed quickly.

DeletedUser

For anyone experiencing what looks like the page not loading when logging in. This is caused by you been directed to the summary page on login, which at the moment takes around 30-60 seconds to load due to the amount of data to process. I am trying to make this load time quicker but at the moment you will just have to be patient.

I have now changed the first page you are directed to when login to the town manage page. You should now not have to wait when logging in and see the page nearly instantly.

Edit:
Just fixed a bug where a new founder who has just been given founder permission, was not able to set their active town(Meaning you couldn't see logs etc)

Diggo11

I think you need to try cut down loading time. I can't imagine how long it would take using slow internet for the summary page!

DeletedUser

I know the load time is quite bad really but I have thought of a way in which to solve this. What I can do is only when the logs are updated will it process the data, and then create a cached summary page which should be near instantly loaded then.

Also I could create an automatic import of player names(Names are actually auto done now when you load the summary page) and levels from the residents list, but player classes would have to be manually entered. As player classes don't change I don't think this should be much of a problem.

DeletedUser

And what's the bottleneck? Select to Database or algorithm for summary page?

Status
Not open for further replies.