Website Town Management Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I read it and frankly I don't get why we need an offsite one.

We need an offsite one because this feature currently isn't in the game.

Thank you gem. I love this idea, but an offline one I hate- people wouldn't do it, or would put in untrue stuff.

That's alright members of the towns wouldn't have to fill in any information. Only the town leader(s) would have to copy and paste the logs.

DeletedUser5046

well maybe you're right...*cuz im im only a founder of a one man town*

and i think mah founder is responsible enough not to send me telegram sayin "i need you to help em build tis and that"...^^

i dunno if tis is too much to ask as they can just add tis one to west stats..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well if they was to add it to west stats it would save me the time. So could someone from west stats say if they plan to or not?

DeletedUser

Well, developers wont do it, so its up to Eddy51 to take the challenge :)

DeletedUser

Nope. They won't. iF SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN PROVE ME WRONG, HOWEVER, I WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED TO THEM. AND YES, TYPINGG IN THIS STYLE OF TEXT DOES MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, THANKS FOR ASKING

DeletedUser

That's alright members of the towns wouldn't have to fill in any information. Only the town leader(s) would have to copy and paste the logs.

What I meant is we need an ingame one not an offgame. so nobody will have to treat this game like a job or something. what's wrong with developing an ingame one?

DeletedUser

Why should people mkea chore, hey this is a game, it's a good idea, maybe it should be on westats.
Morthy?
MORTHY!
c'mon, where are y' a these days? boo-hoo.

DeletedUser

Town Management Tool Example

I decided to create an example of the town management tool, so people would have a better understanding of what it would be like.

Take a look at the example at: http://west.orkhost.com/

There is
instructions on the page on how to use the tool. Let me know if you have any problems and what you think of it.

DeletedUser

As a town founder who keeps track of all this information on multiple spreadsheets (finances and building) I totally want to see this implemented. I don't think it should be a separate site though. Just an additional page or setting that could be seen by the founder (or a new appointment; "Banker").

You'd also need fields to set start/end dates and exclude cash that was added because of purchases in the stores.

DeletedUser

I agree it should be implemented in-game, but this tool was just to be used until they do put it in-game.

You'd also need fields to set start/end dates and exclude cash that was added because of purchases in the stores.

Was you speaking about my Town Management Tool example? If so start/end dates can really only be added if I was to store the information so certain weeks can be looked at. Also purchases from the store are not included in that example.

DeletedUser

Roll up, Roll up. Here you have it people. The definitive offline town management tool as created by Eddy51-here it is
no, this si actually great-really useful!:)

DeletedUser

hey the edy management tool you only need to copy/paste each day in the morning into a word document and paste every now and then into the tool
Voila!

DeletedUser

hey the edy management tool you only need to copy/paste each day in the morning into a word document and paste every now and then into the tool
Voila!

If I was to develop the tool it would store the logs so there would be no need for you to do it. You would only have to paste your logs every 7days to keep the info up-to-date.

DeletedUser

I know it has been said but for "in-game" not a offsite tool like this.

I agree it should be implemented in-game, but this tool was just to be used until they do put it in-game.

So why don't we have a talk about an ingame one where nobody will have to copy paste anything?

DeletedUser

Town Management Tool BETA version 1.0

I decided to create an BETA of the town management tool to see how it goes and if people are interested.

You can now make a secure account, login then copy and paste your
"Town treasury" logs which will then be stored. Then you can go look at a summary of logs, you are able to find out week by week Monday to Sunday; How much each person has donated, How much tax is left to pay? and Totals for donations and sales.

Take a look at the BETA at: http://west.orkhost.com/

Let me know if you have any problems and what you think of it. Your feedback is most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.