Duel Image Maker & Duel Statistics

DeletedUser

Duel Image Maker & Duel Statistics

After making the first duel image converter at this thread, I found there were a few problems with it; The length of the names couldn’t be too long, the actual duel image was long which is not good for forums and the lack of some key information on it. So with this in mind I set on a remake of the original resolving the issues stated.

The Duel Image Maker was born, it’s features are as follows;

• Wider image so it’s more forum friendly
  • Can fit in big user names
  • Shows players levels
  • Shows players duel levels
  • Shows duel location
  • Shows duel date
  • Shows challenger
  • Shows hits by round and round group for easy duel tactics change
  • Shows experience and money gain/loss
  • Displays in-game forum and this forum BB Code
  • Error checking for lack of information
Your duel image is made in a few easy steps;

1. Copy your report
  2. Paste your report
  3. Click submit
  4. Two links are displayed with in-game and this forum BB Code, copy the link you want
  5. Paste it in forum post, your done :D

I then was thinking wouldn’t it be interesting to get statistics on hits of duels. I came up with the idea of Duel Stats where it would record and display duel information gathered from the Duel Image Maker.
No personal/identifiable information is kept, only the duel date and hits.

Duel Stats features;

• Display total hits for each hit area
  • Display total % hits for each hit area
  • Display hits for each round, for each hit area, for attack and defend
  • Display hits % for each round, for each hit area, for attack and defend

The Duel Image Maker & Duel Stats has been tested and working in the following browsers:

• Internet Explorer
  • Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Opera
Please report any bugs and errors you find with the Duel Image Maker or Duel Stats.

Duel Image Maker Example:
example.png

DeletedUser1105

It's definately an improvement on the first image version, but it still seems a little on the big size.

It's only my opinion, but I'd have the images smaller, and I take out some of the text (Like the "[1]Round: 1" could just say "1").

I'd also move duel location and time to the top row on the right, and move the player2 info up a bit, basically doing whatever I could to save space.

But I'm picky :)

Anyway, nice work. When I get chance, I'll have a go and let you know if I find any problems.

DeletedUser

wow nice work man, nice improvements and i like the idea of the Duel stats as well. Good work, keep it coming :)

:indian:Crag

DeletedUser

Could you please explain in more detail please, is there any error messages appearing? What does and doesn't it do?

Diggo11

Well its working now, I think something was wrong when attempting to upload it on imageshack.

But a new problem has arose. Your preview image is distorted, and when opened in its own tab the height and width seem to be interchanged.

EDIT: Working now. I think you should check your code as it occasionally stuffs up ^^^.

DeletedUser

Well its working now, I think something was wrong when attempting to upload it on imageshack.

But a new problem has arose. Your preview image is distorted, and when opened in its own tab the height and width seem to be interchanged.

EDIT: Working now. I think you should check your code as it occasionally stuffs up ^^^.

Thanks for reporting this problem, it's fixed now. The problem was when I transferred the script and images from the test site, somehow the old background image hadn't been overwritten. So the script was still using the smaller old background. The reason why it worked sometimes because after the image completed you were been redirected to the test site, so after you tried it again it would have been working.

Also thanks to TimeWalker for reporting this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hey did you get that town thingie fixed yet.. you know the date problem? just retested...... nope.. reminder fix the date problem with the town thingie

DeletedUser

Sweet

Very nice.
First time I tried it it got the levels wrong, though the 2nd time (different duel) it got them right, so I dunno.

DeletedUser

It's only my opinion, but I'd have the images smaller, and I take out some of the text (Like the "[1]Round: 1" could just say "1").

I'd also move duel location and time to the top row on the right, and move the player2 info up a bit, basically doing whatever I could to save space.

The image can't really get much smaller with the amount of information on it. I could move things a bit but don't think it would make that much improvement. I think it's better left wider to be more forum friendly. I could make a second version to be longer and better layout and you could choose which one to use. We will see how much interest there is in this one this before I do that.

hey did you get that town thingie fixed yet.. you know the date problem? just retested...... nope.. reminder fix the date problem with the town thingie

No I will do it when I have a spare minute.

Very nice.
First time I tried it it got the levels wrong, though the 2nd time (different duel) it got them right, so I dunno.

Could you please try the duel it got the levels wrong on again. If it doesn't work could you please PM me your duel report which you paste in. I will then be able to try find the problem and fix it.

DeletedUser

Eddy51 - Very nice. I used it today and our town will be using it to post attack info in our forum. Thanks. :)

DeletedUser

i just tried it and followed the directions to a T and this is what i got
when i did the " ctrl + a " it highlighted the entire screen though and when i got this error i tried the manuel way to copy/paste and got the same error
Error:

Can't find duel location
Can't find duel xp and money text

Please make sure you follow the steps below correctly. If the error(s) continue(s) please report it at the-west forums.

i will try it again when my toon as stopped moving maybe it could be something with that or maybe somehow the lastest patch has createrd a bug with it

DeletedUser

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please PM me what you are pasting into the duel image maker.

DeletedUser

I actually got that error message the first time. But I re-copied and re-pasted and it worked.

I thought the problem might have been because I had other pop-up screens than just the duel report open so the select-all probably hooked those too and confused your program.

Diggo11

What browser are you using? In Chrome ctrl + a and it selected everything from my level, username and current activity down to the end of the report. I'm assuming this would cause problems for it.

DeletedUser

Sorry - should have said that. Firefox 3.0.5

Ctrl+A does select all that but didn't cause problems. I think it was only when I had more than one game popup open. It might not be able to determine the correct popup and so can't find the fields where they are expected. Maybe.

DeletedUser

Even selecting all text on the page doesn't cause problems as that's how I tested it. I didn't however test it with other pop up windows open(Other than duel reports) at the same time. Although I wouldn't think this would cause I problem.

Maybe try copying and pasting again. Also what browser are you using?

Edit: I will test this now. Ok just tested it on Firefox with all pop up windows open CTRL+A, CTRL+C then CTRL+V and not a problem. So wouldn't think that could be the problem.

DeletedUser

I wish I could remember what else I had open at the time. Logically, it was probably the town forum. I got that error twice and then when I closed everything, it worked fine.

Yup. Just tried again and had that error when the town forum was open. :)

DeletedUser

Hmm interesting when I just tried it I had the town forum open. could you PM me what your pasting in? So I can try fix this.