To All Pea Brain Workers Whining about Being Dueled

DeletedUser

Actually.....no. I personally think dueling is boring so I don't choose that class... ...Just like in real life, the money I've earned to buy my items I've earned...didn't steal it by shooting someone with a 'pepperbox revolver.'
...either you didn't even stop to considering how and why a worker would be upset about it or you're just plain selfish, mean and care nothing about anyone else's feelings.

Well said! The occasional duel can be fun, but straight dueling as a career is both boring and 'pea brained' IMO. Duelers don't often make good money from straight dueling.

Personally, I think 'Erika' isn't getting any action in the game (and maybe in real life?), and instead of doing the typical dueler's whine about people leaving town to avoid duels, they decided to bring some of that pent up aggression to the forums.

All I can say to 'Erika' herself is... choosing a 'worker class' in the game is better than coming to the forums to demonstrate that you have no 'class' at all.

DeHammer

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol.

Shows what you know.

THe reasons for picking an easy target over hard ones are more complex than "because it is easy".

What exactly defines a fair fight btw?
I'm asking, because you seem to have figured it out.

I'm sure you have a smartass pic I could post here in response. Just imagine it's here []

:D

DeletedUser

Some people enjoy conflict in a game, others do not. For the ones that do not you will never convince them that conflict is fun or necessary to keep the game interesting and true to its spirit. Just as you will never convince those that enjoy the conflict that it is disruptive to others and seen as bullying. Apples and oranges.

I am a builder on one world, a soldier on another and an adventurer on yet another. I get more upset when someone duels (and wins) against my soldier because that is the character I take pride in for its dueling skills. I expect to get dueled and lose on my builder. When I get the occasional win it is a pleasant surprise.

DeletedUser

I get more upset when someone duels (and wins) against my soldier because that is the character I take pride in for its dueling skills. I expect to get dueled and lose on my builder. When I get the occasional win it is a pleasant surprise.

Understandable.

Meanwhile, Erickalocloca takes pride in dueling weak workers, and decides the abused 'pea brained' workers complain too much. So what do they do next? They decide to create a forum thread to do some whining themselves, and also advertise to the world that they take pride in dueling weak workers class characters. Honestly, it isn't the workers who seem 'pea brained'.

DeHammer

DeletedUser

Well said! The occasional duel can be fun, but straight dueling as a career is both boring and 'pea brained' IMO. Duelers don't often make good money from straight dueling.

Personally, I think 'Erika' isn't getting any action in the game (and maybe in real life?), and instead of doing the typical dueler's whine about people leaving town to avoid duels, they decided to bring some of that pent up aggression to the forums.

All I can say to 'Erika' herself is... choosing a 'worker class' in the game is better than coming to the forums to demonstrate that you have no 'class' at all.

DeHammer

No, you can make pretty good money from dueling. The town I am in is almost entirely funded from dueling money. I'm one of the worst "dueler" in town because I'm not even considered being a dueler!

Subject Sent Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. xxxxx Today at 6:51 PM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. yyyy Today at 5:38 PM Duel: nunomonte vs. Blitzkrieg Today at 1:15 PM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. zzzz Today at 8:38 AM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. wwwwww Today at 1:17 AM
I won all of those duels, took my share of damage and managed to take about 3-4000 from my opponents.

You just need to be smart, sometimes, hiting another dueler can be quite profitable, while they busy rob money from town A, you walk over to his/her home town and hit them, while they are damaged :D

Like this one. too bad I hit him too early, before he collected enough money.

No hit

Total health points
- 370 HP xxxxx passes out. Blitzkrieg wins the duel, gains 31 experience points and steals $11 from xxxx.

Dueling is luck, I only join my townmates on raids occasionally since I can produce fairly steady income from jobs. While I await for the next person to KO me, I go on some dueling spree.

DeletedUser

Sorry. She starts an entire thread that is and meant to be mean spirited but I am the jerk apparently? Why is it OK for someone else to start a nasty thread but not OK for me to respond to it? The whole idea of this forum is to post something and then get a response. Start a nasty thread? Expect a nasty response. (i did add constructive repsonse....why a builder would want to be a builder and how a builder would be unappreciative of her selfish view of the game.) There are four classes...not just dueler. She has no compassion or understanding why someone who bothers/attacks no one and does nothing but work their butt off to get money to help build their town would even be upset? I know duelers duel...that's what they do and myself and most other workers know we have to just accept it as part of the game even though it screws things up for us with our building plans. It is what it is.
Have a nice day.

I think OP and some others who chipped in with pro-dueler but very condescending, nasty response just want their ego be stroked.

I don't go full time dueling because income is less predictable compare to jobs. Also, once I get KO or targets cannot be dueled (townless or KOed), I'm screwed.

These duelers don't realize smart workers already can evade them almost completely, if those workers choose. Just look at w1, how many top exp players are townless?

DeletedUser

Subject Sent Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. xxxxx Today at 6:51 PM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. yyyy Today at 5:38 PM Duel: nunomonte vs. Blitzkrieg Today at 1:15 PM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. zzzz Today at 8:38 AM Duel: Blitzkrieg vs. wwwwww Today at 1:17 AM
I won all of those duels, took my share of damage and managed to take about 3-4000 from my opponents.

Ironically, a list of five duelers losing tonnes of money to one dueler just proves my point. ;)

Seriously though, I didn't say dueling wasn't profitable, or that all duelers don't make good money.

DeHammer

DeletedUser

Ironically, a list of five duelers losing tonnes of money to one dueler just proves my point. ;)

Seriously though, I didn't say dueling wasn't profitable, or that all duelers don't make good money.

DeHammer

Oh well, I'm just afraid all those abusive duelers will drive people away. I don't consider myself a dueler, nor do my townmates. My win:loss ratio is about 1:3 :( I win 1, lose 3 duels on average. I'm mostly a worker now.

Duelers brag or whatever, until they discover the problem at the top, where opponents tend to be very tough as soft targets who did not focus on duel tend to not gain duel level as quickly.

OP whine about others being dueled, but has he experienced the joy of being dueled all the time and lose? I'm glad some people are going to go to w3 to express their "gratitude" towards the OP.

DeletedUser

A fair game is a fun game. Getting your ass beat as a builder is part of the deal. The occasional duel I don't mind therefore as a builder, but when someone hits the same person over and over again for little xp it becommes annoying real fast.

DeletedUser

FargoBear wins the duel, gains 36 experience points and steals $22 from Erikalocaloca. -14 v. -574

Update: Erik is going to rest for a little while now. He is sleepy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I haven't been dueled once and I've just hit level 17 as a builder.

Do I smell bad or are there no duelers on w6? :indian:

DeletedUser

but when someone hits the same person over and over again for little xp it becommes annoying real fast.

This has been happening to me on a near-regular basis, and it's really getting annoying.

He only gets about 16 xp from me, and hardly any money (no more than $10) so it's not as if i'm a good target for farming, yet he still does it.

DeletedUser

I haven't been dueled once and I've just hit level 17 as a builder.

Do I smell bad or are there no duelers on w6? :indian:

You may be the first builder in the history of the game complaining about not getting dueled. :p

DeletedUser

Somehow I don't think he was complaining about it :D

I reckon the duelling ratio is probably in direct relation to your proximity to a highly motivated, competitive town. In W6 we're off the beaten path a bit and the number of duels is reasonably light - partly because of an alliance with the other town that started growing large in our sector. We get a couple of people who like duelling us regularly, but our duellers just go and pound them back so they don't hit the builders hourly.

DeletedUser

Hey, as I said, I'm a builder, but I duel too-- so I don't suck really that much.

DeletedUser

I've been seeing quite a lot of sentiments and whining of getting dueled from the worker community. In the first place, who told you to choose the worker class? if you think the worker class is disadvantageous then you should have not picked the worker class. Additionally, the advantages of each class is indicated in the class selection window, it is clear according to the class description of workers that they are pure workhorses and not intended for duels. And now we have here plenty of workers whining like kids who just got home from school after getting their report cards. Grow up, face the consequence of your choices. This is The West, if you don't like to get dueled then don't play the game.

:nowink:

shows how feckin brave you are though dont it, big hard dueler pickin on workers while theyre doin a job, funny your sort never go after a towns soldier