To All Pea Brain Workers Whining about Being Dueled

DeletedUser618

As a W1 worker, I've lost my share of duels and so what. I don't worry about losing money cuz i don't carry much. But the when you lose to someone for 0-6 exp. What is this? And yet I will see some of these duelers again getting little exp. Did they need to puff up their win ratio? Getting hit once by someone is part of the game. But to get hit over and over with little benefit to either player is not smart play.

There's my little whine

I am a dueler in W2 so I can see both sides, but I still think you duel mostly for exp and/or money. If you get little exp it's a waste of time unless your dueling a known cash cow. Then go for it. But if they give little, move on to greener pastures. Hitting the same person, whatever class, over and over for nothing is a waste of time and energy.

Whine, whine, whine All I ever do is whine.

DeletedUser

shows how feckin brave you are though dont it, big hard dueler pickin on workers while theyre doin a job, funny your sort never go after a towns soldier

So you think you should be exempt as you're a worker? I will duel anyone be it a worker or a soldier or a dueler if necessary or if the pay off is good enough.

160 xp for dueling a worker? Sign me up for the que.
$400 for dueling a soldier? Sign me up for the que
KO'ing a pest (Be it dueler/soldier/adven) Sign me up.

So you see just because your a worker doesn't mean your exempt from duels.

DeletedUser

I don't discriminate between targets.

If dueling you will give me
-good xp
-good cash
-get rid of a pest

I will do it, no matter what your class is.

DeletedUser

So you think you should be exempt as you're a worker? I will duel anyone be it a worker or a soldier or a dueler if necessary or if the pay off is good enough.

Maybe you should re-read what he said. He was clearly talking about duelers who target workers while avoiding other soldiers/duelers.

DeletedUser

Maybe you should re-read what he said. He was clearly talking about duelers who target workers while avoiding other soldiers/duelers.

And maybe you should re-read it.

funny your sort never go after a towns soldier

That to me is a very sweeping generalisation that those who duel a worker will only duel workers. I pointed out the error of this.

DeletedUser

I don't discriminate between targets.

If dueling you will give me
-good xp
-good cash
-get rid of a pest

I will do it, no matter what your class is.

Seems I need to quote this again.

It doesn't matter what your class is.
Are you a sldier, dueler, worker, or adventurer.
If you are a target that gives me any of the above, I will farm you.
This is especially true if you are an EASY target.

High risk - high reward jobs and duels are fine enough, but low risk-high reward is even better.
Doesn't take much to undesrstand that.

DeletedUser

High risk is better. It is dull if you already know you will almost certainly win, but more exciting if there is a good chance you will lose, especially if you're carrying lots of cash. People who attack much weaker people who have no chance whatsoever of defending themselves are just robbers. There are many gunslingers out there who will gladly fight against these robbers and protect the poor workers, but nobody ever seems to use them.

DeletedUser

One thing few here have touched upon, on either side of the argument, is roleplaying.

This game is set in the bad old "Wild West" so those playing evil gunslingers and murderous bandits have every right to be as nasty as they wish. Likewise there will be John Wayne-style good guys, ever willing to protect the weak against the bad. Somwehre in all that, no doubt the ugly play a part, too.

The game supports - indeed, encourages - all types of nastiness, simply in the way its PvP system is designed to work. If they didn't want someone to come gunning for you again after just an hour, they would have made it three hours, or six, or twenty-four. The nature & mechanics of the game dictates the type of player you will encounter, and this game just happens to attract nasty players as well as nasty characters.

What's the difference? Roleplaying. I don't consider myself a nasty player by any means, but in one The West game (W4) I roleplay an extremely nasty, murderous scum in the form of a Mexican bandit. I don't particularly enjoy that role any more than I do the others I play (in W6 I defend the weak of our town and only attack in direct retaliation, for example) but I do like the fact that the game lets me choose.

If it didn't let me choose my role, it wouldn't be a particularly good representation of the bad old Wild West, would it?

DeletedUser8950

One thing I can't understand from workers is:

"Plz dont hit mee i havee no dueling skills kk thx"

I don't get this usually, but workers doing high pay jobs with that as their notice do deserve to get hit imo. They're basically saying "Hey I have cash but as I have no dueling skills and am dumb enough to advertise it please dont hit me"

Other then that I think when you start your dueling career it is ok to duel a few workers, but after that you should stop as you get less xp and cash then if you duel soldiers, duelers or adventurers.

And before you say "workers chose their skills" where would duelers be without workers? Who'd build the towns where you get your nice shiny knives, cracking guns and deadly ponchoes?

DeletedUser

I sound like a cracked record. Change the name from dueling to Robbing/hold up and its a job done

Not that anyone cares but Duel means :A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor,or To engage (another) in or as if in formal combat.

I have said this from the start of complaints about being "Dueled" something the Dev's should have changed back in the dim distant past.

DeletedUser

It was probably ignored because that's a very old-fashioned and extremely limited definition of the word. We are "dueling" now, for instance, but it's neither prearranged, formal, nor combat. It is, however, to "settle a point". :D

But seriously, dueling with words aside, being able to refuse a challenge could (or rather, should) only be implemented if there was some sort of "reputation" system to go with it, so that being known as a yellow dawg has a negative effect in some way. Those were not particularly civilised times by today's standards.

DeletedUser

As i have said to others that have got quite annoyed when a dueller (me) see's that they are holding a lot of cash and cashes in... "If your bank isnt big enough to hold the cash... Build a bigger bank, and if you can't do that move to a town with one!"

The best way i can see for a town to be built is from the town hall and bank upwards... So if you cannot hold enough money in your bank then as far as i can see your town is planned wrong and the members are sitting ducks - That was for town leaders obviously.

DeletedUser

And maybe you should re-read it.

That to me is a very sweeping generalisation that those who duel a worker will only duel workers. I pointed out the error of this.

It's a no-brainer that not all duelers avoid soldiers, just as most duelers will duel a worker at some point. It clearly indicates that he IS speaking about duelers who continually go after workers while avoiding soldiers.

In any case, he certainly did NOT say what you implied, that workers should be exempt. Those are your words.

You're just being a bit touchy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As i have said to others that have got quite annoyed when a dueller (me) see's that they are holding a lot of cash and cashes in... "If your bank isnt big enough to hold the cash... Build a bigger bank, and if you can't do that move to a town with one!"

The best way i can see for a town to be built is from the town hall and bank upwards... So if you cannot hold enough money in your bank then as far as i can see your town is planned wrong and the members are sitting ducks - That was for town leaders obviously.
As a founder of several towns, I agree. Overstuffed pockets are easily cured. :p

DeletedUser

It's a no-brainer that not all duelers avoid soldiers, just as most duelers will duel a worker at some point. It clearly indicates that he IS speaking about duelers who continually go after workers while avoiding soldiers.

And I have responded as to why people will do that, whats the point in risking it to try and beat a soldier unless you know they have lots of cash or are worth lots of exp? Whereas a worker is more likely to give a greater cash to damage received by you ratio.

In any case, he certainly did NOT say what you implied, that workers should be exempt. Those are your words.

You're just being a bit touchy.

This sure sounds like he is implying it

pickin on workers while theyre doin a job

Also htf can he know who else the person duels? I'm pretty damm sure not everyone posts when they have been dueled on the town forums, so how do you know who is being dueled and who isn't?

It is a sweeping generalisation of duelers as a bunch of pick on the weak bullies, which is a load of rubbish, some are, some aren't. Basically he is trying to shame people into not attacking workers.

DeletedUser

This sure sounds like he is implying it

I guess if you had no clue what 'picking on' actually implied you might think that.

You don't get it, and that's fine. You're a dueler, not a rocket scientist. (Now THAT.... was a sweaping generalization about duelers!)

JK ;)

DeletedUser

I guess if you had no clue what 'picking on' actually implied you might think that.

You don't get it, and that's fine. You're a dueler, not a rocket scientist. (Now THAT.... was a sweaping generalization about duelers!)

JK ;)

Well imo if you are picking on someone then you're bullying them, in this game no one should get bullied (as its a game, not RL), therefore it sounds like he is having a general whine about being dueled, thereby meaning he wants to be exempt from it, same as a hell of a lot of people on here.

Maybe you should step down from the rocket scientist position if you can't follow that chain of thought.

DeletedUser

Duel+worker = unfair fight,fake your duel appearance

duel+ worker=duelers prey,just a fun game peeps

I see that Luap changed his avatar,its ideally cr....