Things I like/dislike in this game

DeletedUser

1. There are presently efforts made, by the PM and developers, to split premium features, which would allow packets of premiums for particular worlds.

Nice, I'd love the placate shaman function on all worlds. :)

My biggest dislike is the lousiness of the adventurer class. The only possible useful thing the adventurer has is it's character class quest which gives the most AP/SP than other character class quests.
All other classes seem to have or get awesome bonusses (duellers their critical hit, workers the sector bonusses, soldiers got even better than they already were...), but the adventurer got an utterly useless "bonus", of which I don't even want to make use.

DeletedUser

Regarding the off-topic complaining link above ....

I LIKE how we get to complain about the game and the forums. I DISLIKE many of the people who do it because they assume, they misquote, they attack and of course offer no solutions. I would LIKE the mods to be even more strict about complaining. Be thankful the developers and mods are so interactive, especially in a free game that is pretty damn cool.

Employee: I hate my job
Boss: Why?
Boss: Why?
Boss: You're fired.

DeletedUser

Nice, I'd love the placate shaman function on all worlds. :)

My biggest dislike is the lousiness of the adventurer class. The only possible useful thing the adventurer has is it's character class quest which gives the most AP/SP than other character class quests.
All other classes seem to have or get awesome bonusses (duellers their critical hit, workers the sector bonusses, soldiers got even better than they already were...), but the adventurer got an utterly useless "bonus", of which I don't even want to make use.

I disagree with most of this. The character class is meant for jobs really and its planned out to do this. I actually like the % bonuses and the hotel till level 2 for free is good for newer players. The only weak part about this class as you pointed out is the fort bonus which isn't really that good.

DeletedUser23737

Dueling Rule...

I agree, there's many things to like about this game. :)

I really enjoy clicking a few jobs... then coming back in a few hours to see what i have found etc...

I enjoy the quests ((though i wish the soldiers quest line didn't favour firearms duelers- I had to respec majorly to do it :( ))

I really like the in-game chat... it is fun to be sociable.

I like the 1 hour jobs, the buying of energy... and speed when needed every-so-often. I like the market.

My major gripe... is dueling...(or the major lack of it since the new changed)...I think the new rules need to be modified in order to make them better...

The reasons for the new dueling rules are given below...

"Duels on the map
Players are no longer attacked using the saloon, but using the map. It is always used the location where the player is right now.

Reasons:

• It is easier for new players to attack other players using the map (**No its not... it's harder imo)
  • Players can quickly add a duel right after a job (*always could do this before- imo)
  • Possibly more duels (*nope... less... especially as your level gets higher- imo)
  • Ambush are possible (*we were able to ambush whole towns before anyway... now... we can ambush 1 player mining silver?? Zzzzz - imo)
  • Speed becomes more relevant (Dueler bonus)" (*spending nuggets becomes more important to travel quickly...imo)
Now... the only time i have been able to duel more was when everyone gathered at the Ghost Town to do the Halloween quest series... All other times... it has become sooooo labourious and tiresome to scroll around the map for ages to find targets. Waiting 10 mins for a duel has always been hard... now adding 10-20mins travel time (and the fact that players often move on/go to sleep) means dueling is losing its fun. :mad:

I doubt the rules will revert back to the previous version... so I am hoping for a few changes...

1) No more waiting 10mins for a duel... Can you make it instant? (just like it would have been in a real duel/robbery)

2) No more being able to sleep in the hotel as a way of not being dueled... ((In the movies (great example eh?) ... when the bandits came to town... they were whooping and shooting... no one could sleep through that... so.... here on the west... no more sleeping in the hotel to avoid being dueled...let every sleeper become a target)) The 48 Ko rule works well enough... and as some players already do... they can KO themselves in-game and not worry about getting dueled anyway....

3) If a player is KO'd then the duel button should not show on their avatar at all... perhaps a timer instead which tells when they will get off KO??

4) More quests that require players to be at specific locations (seen by all classes) so every so often a dueler can remember the good old days and have a great time dueling in one location... (turkey shoots are fun!)

Max.

DeletedUser22575

I agree, there's many things to like about this game. :)

I really enjoy clicking a few jobs... then coming back in a few hours to see what i have found etc...

I enjoy the quests ((though i wish the soldiers quest line didn't favour firearms duelers- I had to respec majorly to do it :( ))

I really like the in-game chat... it is fun to be sociable.

I like the 1 hour jobs, the buying of energy... and speed when needed every-so-often. I like the market.

My major gripe... is dueling...(or the major lack of it since the new changed)...I think the new rules need to be modified in order to make them better...

The reasons for the new dueling rules are given below...

"Duels on the map
Players are no longer attacked using the saloon, but using the map. It is always used the location where the player is right now.

Reasons:

• It is easier for new players to attack other players using the map (**No its not... it's harder imo)
  • Players can quickly add a duel right after a job (*always could do this before- imo)
  • Possibly more duels (*nope... less... especially as your level gets higher- imo)
  • Ambush are possible (*we were able to ambush whole towns before anyway... now... we can ambush 1 player mining silver?? Zzzzz - imo)
  • Speed becomes more relevant (Dueler bonus)" (*spending nuggets becomes more important to travel quickly...imo)
Now... the only time i have been able to duel more was when everyone gathered at the Ghost Town to do the Halloween quest series... All other times... it has become sooooo labourious and tiresome to scroll around the map for ages to find targets. Waiting 10 mins for a duel has always been hard... now adding 10-20mins travel time (and the fact that players often move on/go to sleep) means dueling is losing its fun. :mad:

I doubt the rules will revert back to the previous version... so I am hoping for a few changes...

1) No more waiting 10mins for a duel... Can you make it instant? (just like it would have been in a real duel/robbery)

2) No more being able to sleep in the hotel as a way of not being dueled... ((In the movies (great example eh?) ... when the bandits came to town... they were whooping and shooting... no one could sleep through that... so.... here on the west... no more sleeping in the hotel to avoid being dueled...let every sleeper become a target)) The 48 Ko rule works well enough... and as some players already do... they can KO themselves in-game and not worry about getting dueled anyway....

3) If a player is KO'd then the duel button should not show on their avatar at all... perhaps a timer instead which tells when they will get off KO??

4) More quests that require players to be at specific locations (seen by all classes) so every so often a dueler can remember the good old days and have a great time dueling in one location... (turkey shoots are fun!)

Max.

Max I know you are a fragile guy, so I will break this to you gently :laugh:

Dueling is DEAD.

Due to a RL trip and some other things going on I have been out of town most of the past month. Prior to leaving I was ranked #9 for dueling in Arizona. Upon returning I had dropped only to #14.

That is a pretty clear indication of the effects of the new rule change on dueling. In the "old days" I could have dropped that much in 3-4 days.

I don't see your idea #2 ever happening, to many like the hotel protection.

But your ideas #1 and 3 are very good ideas, why don't you go to the Ideas and Brainfarts section and make a proposal.

DeletedUser5597

My turn of :mad:...erm, being :cool: :p

Like:
Most of the quests
The way dueling goes right now
Market (oh yes this I love the most)
Store at low levels (gives a chance of non premium players to be first and to nuggets payers to loose nuggets without getting nothing)
The chance of being a good dueler but not being a overpowered one.
Medals ( I love the achievement games, you never get bored of playing)
Many other things
Usefull forums
Level cap (yay I still have a chance to be number 1 on world 1) :p

Dislikes:
Dueler class
Fort battle waiting time too long
Golden colt and sabre have more damage than other fancy weapons that cannot be found in other ways than fort battles
Buying skill points
No quests after level 75

DeletedUser5597

Max I know you are a fragile guy, so I will break this to you gently :laugh:

Dueling is DEAD.

Due to a RL trip and some other things going on I have been out of town most of the past month. Prior to leaving I was ranked #9 for dueling in Arizona. Upon returning I had dropped only to #14.

That is a pretty clear indication of the effects of the new rule change on dueling. In the "old days" I could have dropped that much in 3-4 days.

I don't see your idea #2 ever happening, to many like the hotel protection.

But your ideas #1 and 3 are very good ideas, why don't you go to the Ideas and Brainfarts section and make a proposal.

Dueling is not dead, its dead only for 0 motivation duelers as they have to move all the time. And 0 motivation are no duelers, are just some freaks that do points to town and cash (lol, you can do more cash if you duel normally trust me, see my w1 character and think that my best money job was till yesterday carving out claims). I have been in 4th position in w1 for 3 weeks without dueling even once before I quit, don't tell me that now aren't getting changes in top duelers, I don't believe you.

And no point 1 is not good, it would make it too easy for duelers and all will choose to duel in the west. Option 4 its the best, option 3 helps dueling

DeletedUser22575

Dueling is not dead, its dead only for 0 motivation duelers as they have to move all the time. And 0 motivation are no duelers, are just some freaks that do points to town and cash (lol, you can do more cash if you duel normally trust me, see my w1 character and think that my best money job was till yesterday carving out claims). I have been in 4th position in w1 for 3 weeks without dueling even once before I quit, don't tell me that now aren't getting changes in top duelers, I don't believe you.

And no point 1 is not good, it would make it too easy for duelers and all will choose to duel in the west. Option 4 its the best, option 3 helps dueling

If duelers were active like they use to be would you have not dropped from that position since you were not dueling to maintain it?

The developers are not going to put more quests in just so the duelers can have more targets at once spot :laugh: as nice as that might be. (option 4)

All option 1 does is stop the players from being able to run on you once you get to where they are in the 10 minute waiting period. Those who do not like dueling are not going to become duelers because of it.

I like most things in this game. And I do think that the spot dueling is a lot more realistic than the saloon dueling.

But as an exp dueler I do find it irritating to find a target worth exp and I am selective ( preferred target soldier or dueler worth at least 100 exp) to finally get to where they are only to have them run during the 10 minute waiting period. I do dislike that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

sorry to say, duelling for 0% is not dead like you say.
sorry also to point out that, as you love to hang around for 2 hours to see a report, (that will most likely be disappointing) then imo you are the freak.
thirdly i would like to point out the total blunder considering duelling ranking.
it is built on xp earnt in duels.
i see top rankings everywhere with more losses than wins.
as far as i am concerned, a good dueller will win more duels than he looses.
thus the ranking system is inadequate.

so maybe you are top ranked dueller, nevertheless in my eyes you are just hitting guys you can easily get xp from and then getting pwned by proper duellers.
nothing special there.

as for earning cash, 0% is by far the best way to earn cash, my best day was probably around $15k, averaging a neat $2000/day.

idk why you are hitting 0%, its part of the game, grow up, and put up with it.

DeletedUser

Hey troops !
i haven't had much time to show my face on the forum but here i am and here are my 2 cents worth of observation/opinion:
1st forum activity is way up compare to a while back,is it due to new CM,new players? new whatever.. that's good, i am liking it :)

To the point:
The game theme is fairly unique and there is much to like about it including regular additions and fairly smooth patching.

The less appealing aspect of it is maybe its simplicity,in other words there isn't a ton of stuff to do.Fort-fighting was a recent addition and was a huge success by all account,some players wouldn't be with us if it wasn't for the fun fort fights. We need more of that kind of content.It enriches the game in bounds and leaps.
I would prefer more features other than just quests.Quests are entertaining for sure but it's not enough,there could be a crafting system (within the confine of the old west),town raids,civil wars,more npc interaction ect...

DeletedUser5597

sorry to say, duelling for 0% is not dead like you say.
sorry also to point out that, as you love to hang around for 2 hours to see a report, (that will most likely be disappointing) then imo you are the freak.
thirdly i would like to point out the total blunder considering duelling ranking.
it is built on xp earnt in duels.
i see top rankings everywhere with more losses than wins.
as far as i am concerned, a good dueller will win more duels than he looses.
thus the ranking system is inadequate.

so maybe you are top ranked dueller, nevertheless in my eyes you are just hitting guys you can easily get xp from and then getting pwned by proper duellers.
nothing special there.

as for earning cash, 0% is by far the best way to earn cash, my best day was probably around $15k, averaging a neat $2000/day.

idk why you are hitting 0%, its part of the game, grow up, and put up with it.

And at what helps that 15k cash when you don't do any XP at all and you aren't in top duelers. A 0 motivation dueler is a lamer dueler than a dueler in top that looses more than wins, as they target easiest targets around while a 100% motivation hits most of the times targets with better weapons, better clothes, 20-50 levels more. I win 1k from duels daily, but I win about 150-200 Xp from each duel and I have only level 32. And I ain't loosing that much, my duel ratio is 19:1 right now and sure will grow till I reach level 50.

0 motivation duelers are no duelers for me, good duelers are Roland Deschain, Desi Burghesse, The Pro100, all of them being in top 40 of w1. 0 motivation duelers can duel only 1-5 levels range and pretty offten they duel low level duelers that have made some dueling levels ahead.

DeletedUser22575

And at what helps that 15k cash when you don't do any XP at all .

0 motivation duelers are no duelers for me, good duelers are Roland Deschain, Desi Burghesse, The Pro100, all of them being in top 40 of w1. 0 motivation duelers can duel only 1-5 levels range and pretty offten they duel low level duelers that have made some dueling levels ahead.

O mot duelers to buy the best dueling equipment available for their level. They often have the best equipment for their next levels bought ahead of time and waiting to be used.

When I was doing the 0 mot bit in 11 I consistently hit 10 levels up against other duelers and won.

While 0 mot may be "no duelers for you" they are actually some of the best out there.

And while you are doing find now when you get up in the upper levels you are going to find that as an exp dueler either your loss record will go up as you start hitting the better duelers or you will start hitting down. :laugh:

DeletedUser5597

Check my gear on w1 and you'll see that I have almost the best gear for now and I have 5k in bank and I save more to get a bowie's. 10 levels is not that much btw and the way you get your points helps too. A good resistance/tactics build can help you beat even a 0 dueler.

DeletedUser9470

And at what helps that 15k cash when you don't do any XP at all and you aren't in top duelers. A 0 motivation dueler is a lamer dueler than a dueler in top that looses more than wins, as they target easiest targets around while a 100% motivation hits most of the times targets with better weapons, better clothes, 20-50 levels more. I win 1k from duels daily, but I win about 150-200 Xp from each duel and I have only level 32. And I ain't loosing that much, my duel ratio is 19:1 right now and sure will grow till I reach level 50.

LMAO
i dont think you have any idea what a good dueller is.
if you say ronald deschain is a good dueller then i laugh even more! (that guy gets kod by adventurers 10 levels lower than him!.
that does not happen to proper duellers, in fact i get duelled by adventurers 20 levels higher than me and i send them home 99% of the time.

about 70% of my duels are against much higher ranked soldiers (up to 25 levels higher). most have goldens equipped, and most get sent home without hurting me much. of course there are a few who beat me, no one is unbeatable, but there aren't many who do.

for you to say things like that then maybe w1 is full of lame duellers for them to duel in a 5 level duelling range?
also when you say proper duellers find big builders to hit over and over again for xp, then, again, i think w1 is just full of lame duellers.

in any case, if a 0% dueller was so lame at duelling then i ask you why dont you ko them?
you like to watch them ko all of your town-mates?

what you say is completely flawed and leads me to believe you just havent got a clue about duelling.

Check my gear on w1 and you'll see that I have almost the best gear for now and I have 5k in bank and I save more to get a bowie's. 10 levels is not that much btw and the way you get your points helps too. A good resistance/tactics build can help you beat even a 0 dueler.

LMAO so you say 0% duellers arent proper duellers but when you manage to beat one you are then full of pride and brag about a huge achievement?
LMAO stop contradicting yourself!

anyway back on topic, i said i hated people who keep complaining on this game, i forgot to mention i cannot stand people talking out of their behind on things they haven't the slightest idea about...
:D

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Since it would be an offtopic to write this into a certain thread... Right Duduie? :)
Here goes:

Things I like about the west game:
1. It's unique browser RPG
2. It's not fantasy
4. The game is updated every 1-2 months

Wait what :blink:

1. It's a very ordinary free RPG with similar features to the others but a different theme.
2. It is fantasy, it's not reality.
3. That is incredibly slow.

DeletedUser

1. Find a similar browser RPG - the name of it please - and you'll discover there is not another RPG like this one.
2. I was talking about setting, you saying you don't know what a RPG setting is?
3. Really? Check other free games - updated after 2-3 years - maybe then you'll appreciate west devs more

DeletedUser

not sure if this is commented on, but i find this a fine suyggestion of your Joxer:

"Now if those gunslinger medals gave you some small bonus, let's say +1 to appearance in duels, just an example, you can think of something else too, then I'd yell all over the forum "do duels as much as possible!"

That would give players a reason to look forwards to medals, especially at old words where ap/sp are pretty much priceless. A very small bonus, that wouldn't really have any effect to gameplay in bigger picture, but a little nice treat to the ones who achieve it.
+1 bonus to certain skill, or +1 to 5% to luck/speed/regeneration/building/damage and any other you can think of.
It would really add some interest in trying to get those. And on topic, i pretty much agree on what cons and pros you find in this game. i myself dislike some new prems aswell, but have learned to live with them, just hoping they keep the old worlds premiums as they are, as it's a spice itself to have to do more quests to be effective instead of buying skill points / ap.
You thought of bringing those medal bonuses forward as in suggestion?

DeletedUser

ontopic

I dislike that I don't know about new quests without the forum or facebook. As level 99 player I don't do low level jobs. It wouldd be fine as there where some "hints and tips" given by the saloon characters. However, even as I dislike it I can live with it - thanks to the forum and facebook.

Why complaining about whatever? As someone really don't like the game - leave and look for another game. I don't want to miss The West.

offtopic

@sokka3u
You are on w1 level 32/dueling level 45, with 38 wins, 2 losts and 3605 duel xp.
On w3 I'm a "lame dueler" with zero motivation. Level 33/dueling level 51, 860 wins, 61 losts, 5898 duel xp. Who's better? I don't care about the top 15. Your profile money is pocketmoney for me. It's what someone said before - always the best gear before reaching the next level, and most of the time a bounty on my head!

Think about it and no hard feelings...

DeletedUser16008

Like dueling.

Dislike,those who try and tell people who they should and shouldn't duel. Also those who profess to have an opinion on a type of dueler when they have no concept of what its really about.

Case in point sokka3u currently slagging 0 motive while resist probably the most boring and easiest build there is, absolutely no skill in it. How do I know that ? because I have a resist build.

Fact is most 0 motive ive found do what they do because they enjoy the duel, pound for pound they will go through 99% of others around their level like butter and very often much higher including soldiers, why ? because they understand dueling far more than most ... why because they have far more xp of course. Contrary to popular belief most 0 motive are far far more than the myth of being simple worker killers. One of my favorite benefits is it allows you later in the game to still target and kill what i like to term as " born again duelers" that only start dueling once up at high level after buying their kit and feeling safe. Most duelers by then have a high duel level and wont be able to hit them so they start targeting your workers. Enter stage right the 0 motive chap ;)

DeletedUser28464

two thumbs up for born again duelers

When I started this game, like many others, I chose the path that wasn't a dueler. I wanted to make money, gain xp, build a town, and try my luck on jobs. My stats were not dueling oriented and I didn't have the equipment to duel.
I was constantly being dueled and KO'd although I wasn't a voluntary participant. I was told it was part of the game to be bullied around. I like many aspects of this game but I never liked the fact that duelers can prey on the non duelers without incurring any prosecution or penalties. We now have bounty hunter, but with all the money in the game, it is a minor deterrent.
The very definition of duel is the voluntary participation of the parties involved. KO'ing an unarmed, unequipped, and unwilling person is not a duel.
Stats of 600 victories and 50 losses don't impress me, and can be interpreted many ways.

I do like the bounty hunter and the ncp dueler updates. What we really need are prison cells, ncp deputies, and a posse.

I fall in the category of born again dueler. I moved from defenseless for most of my levels to being able to put up a fight. Even if I lose a duel, at least, I can dish good damage. Every victory I earned (except for 1) was well earned defending myself against an aggressor(someone who thought he could beat me).

This is my opinion and I don't expect everybody to agree with me. I understand that some people play the duel part of this game like an arcade game and that is what they enjoy.

We like this game for different reasons, and everybody has rants on certain parts of it.

The versatility of the game allows many styles of play, and to each his own.

Born again duelers are as legitimate as all the other types.

Pedro Vasco