Things I like/dislike in this game

DeletedUser

Since it would be an offtopic to write this into a certain thread... Right Duduie? :)
Here goes:

Things I like about the west game:
1. It's unique browser RPG
2. It's not fantasy
3. There are many "strategies" to play this game, there is no only one walkthrough and that's it
4. The game is updated every 1-2 months
5. The forum is awsome
6. Ppl give many ideas, some good, some bad, but devs are really looking into those and accept/reject them
7. Bugs are being fixed
8. No mouse clickfest needed
9. The game itself has some things original to the genre
10. There is an ignore option both on the forum and ingame
11. Present minigame (fortfight) and future planned (poker)
12. Duduie :)

Things I don't like - hey who said there are many of those:
1. A certain premium (just one, others are awsome!)
2. One overpowered class (add here underpowered dueler in duels, lowcash potential with a worker and lame adventurer fort bonus)
3. Push fort fights
4. Bad quest design in some cases (wild horses, henry's birthday, tomorrow's headline, ghost town parts, gemstones and key2&3)
5. Useless things (much items, some jobs and of course: medals)
6. The most important: No humor in the game!!!

Some things I can't say I like or dislike, so I'll skip mentioning those. ;)

What about you? You like what, dislike what?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Premium kinda gets easy to live with after time. I am not really bothered by the skill buying since it has not affected my dueling at all. The rest of the premiums are features that give small temporary bonuses. I have only used the item delivery thing and it was neat for me, yet does not affect the rest of the players in a bad way.

Why do you dislike medals? I have friends who play 3D games and noticed a lot of them have "Achievements", useless notifications created to enhance gameplay experience and add more content. Actually some of the medals are quite useful to me. I have hanged my gunslinger and three dueler medals on my medal box to show people who they are messing with.

Otherwise you have mentioned a lot of good points. I can't really think of something else I dislike. The game seems to be suiting me quite well.

DeletedUser

Why do you dislike medals? I have friends who play 3D games and noticed a lot of them have "Achievements", useless notifications created to enhance gameplay experience and add more content. Actually some of the medals are quite useful to me. I have hanged my gunslinger and three dueler medals on my medal box to show people who they are messing with.
I believe "Achievements" plague in games first appeared on consoles. Then it continued to spread on all other platforms as well (ME, ME2, Spore, etc). But there is a catch, in other games, achievements do give a small bonus or unlock something. Achievements in the west... Do nothing.
And I'm a kind of person that doesn't collect useless junk in my room, so let's say I'm that same person in the game and that's why I dislike medals.
Now if those gunslinger medals gave you some small bonus, let's say +1 to appearance in duels, just an example, you can think of something else too, then I'd yell all over the forum "do duels as much as possible!". ;)

DeletedUser14006

4. Bad quest design in some cases (key2)

Even though I am on the Joxer ignore list I will still pose the question in the hope that someone will relay this question to him :)

Why is the lvl 67 quest series poorly designed?

I think it is a great quest series with some of the best XP and definately quite challenging which is a good thing :)

DeletedUser9470

things i love about the game:
99.9%

the 0.1% that i dont like:
crybabies who are always crying around saying how much they dislike this and that and this should be changed and that should be improved etc.

DeletedUser

That may be the first thing Neo has ever said that I agree with.

DeletedUser22493

For one, I dont like this thread..
The rest is awesome tho..

DeletedUser

Should I add "trolls" somewhere on the dislike list?

Nah. Can't be bothered... Sorry trolls. I know it's disrespectful towards you, but not puting me on forum ignorelist is not my problem. :(

DeletedUser

I don't agree with reason 12 LOL
Thanks Joxer, nice to know you do like some things here and there.
I have a few things I dislike myself, but I have the hope they will be changed: level cap and dueler class bonuses.
The rest is on my like list. I like medals, even if they are useless. For bragging rights. I compete with my hubby, who gets more of them. :D

DeletedUser

things i love about the game:
99.9%

the 0.1% that i dont like:
crybabies who are always crying around saying how much they dislike this and that and this should be changed and that should be improved etc.

Totally agree with you.

DeletedUser

1. A certain premium (just one, others are awsome!)
2. One overpowered class (add here underpowered dueler in duels, lowcash potential with a worker and lame adventurer fort bonus)
3. Push fort fights
4. Bad quest design in some cases (wild horses, henry's birthday, tomorrow's headline, ghost town parts, gemstones and key2&3)
5. Useless things (much items, some jobs and of course: medals)
6. The most important: No humor in the game!!!

1. There are presently efforts made, by the PM and developers, to split premium features, which would allow packets of premiums for particular worlds.

2. Review this thread re: duelers --> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=42264

3. Yeah, well, if/when they finish putting into place "other" means to get some of those special items, it will remain. Think of it as a temporary fix.

4. Meh, quests are quests. I do agree that some quests are really hard to complete, because you have to respec. But, with the latest premium features, doing so is not that arduous a task.

5. Meh, not every item ingame needs to be directly applicable to the things you consider important. A lot of players like to collect medals. Many existing items are used for particular quests, for building forts, or are going to be applied to future quests.

6. Oh I don't know about that. I think a lot of players are laughing at you. ;)

Seriously though, were you hoping for more humorous quest text?

DeletedUser3543

Does this count as a lame thread, as it's just moaning for the sake of moaning isn't it?

DeletedUser

1. There are presently efforts made, by the PM and developers, to split premium features, which would allow packets of premiums for particular worlds.
This is the best news I've seen in months, thanks.

6. Oh I don't know about that. I think a lot of players are laughing at you. ;)
Humor in the game. Forum... is a different thing. ;)

Seriously though, were you hoping for more humorous quest text?
Not just quest text. There are some funny messages on jobs if hurt, some funny "reasons" to put a bounty, etc. but those things are rare. :(

Does this count as a lame thread, as it's just moaning for the sake of moaning isn't it?
I don't know if this is a lame/moaning thread, but instead of asking others, please express your opinion. On a thread or on the things you like/dislike in the game. :)

DeletedUser3543

I don't know if this is a lame/moaning thread, but instead of asking others, please express your opinion. On a thread or on the things you like/dislike in the game. :)

My opinion is, that it is lame to complain about features in a game that you can play for nothing ;)

DeletedUser

You sure I'm complaining about "features" themself?
If you read things carefully, in all cases I'm complaining about lack of "features". :razz:

Lemme explain... Point #1, if you read the roadmap, this "feature" should have been available also with ingame cash. But it's not. #2? Three classes need more "features". #3 is obvious - there should be another not "smells like cheatin" option to get shiny weapons. In #4 noone would ever spot a bad design if 99% other things were great, so we don't have enough great design stuff. Talking about #5 is again obvious, who'd talk about useless things if there were more useable things? #6, well... use your imagination.

Maybe you shoud rewrite your post and say: "it is lame to complain about lack of features in a game that you can play for nothing". :)
Or maybe, to avoid all these long explanations, but still be ontopic, short and simple spam: "it is lame to complain."

But it doesn't matter actually. While the topic is "like or dislike", it's obvious from your post that you like absolutely nothing, but dislike complaining. So thanks for sharing your opinion on this game. :)

DeletedUser

What's incredible with you Joxer is that everything is "obvious" to you. Do you honestly think everyone thinks the way you do ?

Or are you just another troll, yet more sophisticated ?

DeletedUser

DISLIKES

Soldier class way too strong
Fort battles giving 1500xp should be 600xp max
Duel experience causing limited dueling opponents, when a player wins 50 duels I think a one time +30 duel level added is fair.
Zero motivation cowards in new world (yes I mean all of them!)
Duel Ranking page should be focused on who is best instead of any clown who losses half there duels
Quests with deadlines causing us all to rush around doing what Inno decide for us to do, instead of us playing the game in our own way.
Quests that are a pain in the neck like collecting 15 fools gold or 5 dynamite.
Secrets quests because they are unfair to players who play without help from others and often are disadvantaged due to ignorance
This forum which is full of 99% noob idea/statements and also lack of free speech
Character class quest items being inferior to shop gear.
Buying skills with nuggets
Far to much money in the game, spending should be of strategic importance.
Luck that causes unfair game imbalances, like losing a duel to someone 20 levels lower and they attack again with same setting and get KO'd without hurting me.
Sleeping should be more in harmony with RL sleeping New worlds are a nightmare with full energy at level up

Love the ability to plan out long term character build with ability to adjust as time goes by.
Love the jobs
Love the dueling
Love the telegrams
Love the towns and the ability to build with expert know how

Basically I love all things that are fair and allow experts to be far better.

DeletedUser3543

You sure I'm complaining about "features" themself?
If you read things carefully, in all cases I'm complaining about lack of "features". :razz:

Yet it's already been established that you, me, or anyone else has NO RIGHT to complain about anything, whether that be a feature or a lack of features, especially when the game can be played for free.

DeletedUser

What's incredible with you Joxer is that everything is "obvious" to you.
Yes it is.

Do you honestly think everyone thinks the way you do ?
No I don't.

Or are you just another troll, yet more sophisticated ?
Not more "sophisticated", but more "productive". Thanks to less "sophisticated" trolls, of course.
So thanks for making a reason to pump up my spamcounter +1. :)

Yet it's already been established that you, me, or anyone else has NO RIGHT to complain about anything, whether that be a feature or a lack of features, especially when the game can be played for free.
Who told you that? I didn't see such forum rule, besides, I'm aware of some complaints my townmates sent to ingame support and noone told them they have no right to do that. If we had no right to complain, there would be no bugs section on the forum and there would be no support ingame option. ;)
And then I'd add that to the list in the "things I dislike".

DeletedUser

Oh yeah I forgot this one

INNO CHANGING THE GOAL POSTS WITHOUT TELLING US!!!!!!!!!!!!
it happens all the time.

I've payed for a ton of premium and I HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, just as INNO have the right to ignore me, which they do to everyone LOL