Discussion The West Stats

DeletedUser

weststats

Hello there,

I ran into a lot of problems lately with weststats.
Many jobs are shown there as unable to do, but in fact i can do them. The clothes suggested are clearly not the best ones to use.

For example, if i look at silver mining, the suggested outfit is:

black bowler, mexican bandana, brown waistcoat, charlatan shoes, corosive acid, Elixir, donkey

that brings me to 4 lp less than i have to have, so i can't do the job.

But if, instead of the brown waistcoat i use the gray dress coat, i have 8 lp more than needed, so i can do the job.

All my inventory and skills are updated, so the problem is in the way weststats computes items.

I tried to write to the team, but it seams all my emails (yes, in english and yes, with clear explanations) are not answered, and as i wrote them about these kind of issues over 2 moths ago without any fixes, they are also ignored.

Am i the only one that has these issues? Jobs lp being computed wrong? If not, did anybody had written and received an answer?

It's quite annoying as i can't rely on weststats anymore on job computing and that i seam to be ignored by the weststats contacts.

DeletedUser14006

Use http://westcalc.info/ to find the best clothes for a job, but do not completely disregard weststats as it is still by far the most informative and best site around ;)

DeletedUser

yes, i currently use that since it gives accurate results, but it's harder to use and to have a visual overview of all jobs. for a particular job, or fort items, this it is perfect.

DeletedUser

Try using The West Insider or installing The Saloon Bar Firefox add-on.

The only problem I've ever noticed with West Stats, though, is that it doesn't calculate the correct items when the best selection is a combination of item sets.

For example, for Peace Negotiations it suggests using the full dancer's outfit and Hernando's Sword for a bonus of 115. It doesn't take into account that I'm better off using the dancer's set plus the elixir and corrosive acid. This gives a Charlatan's Set bonus of 22 plus 2 for the acid less 6 for Hernando - making a total of 133.

Anyway, none of that addresses your problem...

I assume you've gone to the West Stats Inventory page and confirmed that the inventory it has for you is correct? I know you said you were up to date but it's always worth checking just in case you've made a simple mistake such as selecting the wrong world.

Incidentally - the Questions forum is for questions about The West itself and not external web sites or tools. You probably should have posted in the External Websites discussion area so don't be surprised if this thread shifts location.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't rely only on job calculators. Use your brain too. Best job items on weststats is not set to calculate set items bonuses and it does mention at job calculator that the set items calculation is experimental. What I do is combine the results from best job items and from job calculator. Also, it helps knowing what sets give you. For example: mexican set items give you labor points for smuggling, same number of LP with 5 or 6 items from the set. If you get the same bonus with 5, then just look at the best job items, see what piece of equipment gives you most bonus (which is the fancy leather jacket). With 5 items from the mexican set and the fancy leather jacket I was able to unlock smuggling a while ago. Using the calculator or whatever didn't give me this result. Brains are sometimes better then binary systems. :D

LE: if you have the gentleman set, always try to see if that is best to use. I can't use it!

DeletedUser

Brains are sometimes better then binary systems. :D

That depends on the brain that created the binary system. :dry:

...Using the calculator or whatever didn't give me this result.

If you found any combination of equipment that was better for a job than the advice given by the Saloon Bar (if you've used it) then I'd love to hear about it.

Well..."love" may be too strong a word...

DeletedUser

The discussion is about weststats, not about the Saloon Bar. You already advised him to use it, why would I do the same? I gave him a small advise about how to use wetstats best, if he wants to continue using it. I don't use the saloon bar, I still use the rudimentary weststats. I like calculating to see what is best to use and so on. :razz:

DeletedUser

Brains are sometimes better then binary systems.

Brains could be better only than faulty algorithms implemeted by "binary systems",
because brain also uses an algorithm to solve the problems.

DeletedUser

The discussion is about weststats, not about the Saloon Bar. You already advised him to use it, why would I do the same? I gave him a small advise about how to use wetstats best, if he wants to continue using it. I don't use the saloon bar, I still use the rudimentary weststats. I like calculating to see what is best to use and so on. :razz:

Sorry - it's just that you said "calculators" so I took it to be a general comment.

And by all means calculate things yourself. That's your prerogative. :)

DeletedUser

Britney? Britney? That, young sir, was Bobby Brown. :)

Next you'll be attributing I Love Rock 'n' Roll to the Spears girl...

DeletedUser

it very useful!!! really good job on it, but it does show the skills added on from clothing.

DeletedUser

a request...

if it's possible... is there a way to 'select' your class when you look at the quests...

right now if you select VIEW ALL.. you get everything except for level 10 - class specific quests...

would love to have them all on one page... please ?

DeletedUser

There's a problem with the "finding an item" feature right now. I wanted to find a brown shawl in World 7. But when looking for the nearest town with a brown shawl for sale, it shows my location as a red dot in the very furthest NE corner. And says none of that item is in that world.

And the same problem shows up in other worlds with other items.

DeletedUser

It is ungracious and remiss of me that I haven't thanked the person/people responsible for the West Stats site before now. I would just like to say THANK YOU for putting together this site. I would have stopped playing long ago without it. :cool:

DeletedUser

Just wondering, is there a way to re-generate my lost password on weststats?

DeletedUser

I'd click on the "Contact" to send them it or somthing, but i dont really know if theres an "official" method to do this. and... why not just create another account (in weststats)? i dont know if your account in weststats must be the same in the game, if not, just create another account, if is, w00w then your in trouble dude

DeletedUser

I would just make a new account. That's what I did when it happened to me since there's no lost password link. If you use anything that requires imported info, you have to update it regularly anyway.

DeletedUser

http://www.weststats.com/Rumoured/

Why aren't those weapons corrected with the right values? :)

Younger's Revolver, Nat's Machete, Allen's Pepperbox and Tashunka's Tomahawk have been seen ingame already (although Younger's Revolver was obtained illegaly, and was taken away again)?

Untwertled-1.jpg

catana.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8356/pepk.png [Allen's pepperbox. Click link to see it.]

58631253.jpg