The Quest for Lokmar

DeletedUser13682

James shook his head. "No way, I am not going back inside that house. That place has bad vibes coming from it. I may not be magic, but I do sence that something is amiss with that place." James laid down, using his shield, covered by his extra shirt. "Let's rest out in the open, maybe get a tan before we leave again."

Deleted User - 819397

Regal turned to the newcomer, surprised to see someone. He looked him over then nodded. "You do not have the aura of magic about you...therefore you are not the assailant. Do you know anything about this house?" Exhausted by that simple speech, he sat down on the ground rather hard and looked up expectantly at the man.

DeletedUser

"No" he said shortly and sharply slightly disapointed he looked down at the parched earth below him before saying "Name's Minnow" he said holding out his hand in prepiration for a handshake.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal reached up and shook the man's hand. "Regal...I'm kind of embarrassed right now...stupid magic drained me..." He slowly got to his feet. "We really should move...the presence I'm feeling isn't moving...I'm getting the feeling we're being watched..."

DeletedUser

Minnow took his backpack off and his quiver he opened his travel pack and pulled out a wrapped up loaf of bread he broke it up and shared it between his new found friends befor he placed his pack back onto his back he then placed his quiver back onto his back before drawing his bow and picking up an arrow and placing in a rest position in case of danger.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal smiled. "I suppose having a meal first wouldn't hurt." He gratefully accepted the bread Minnow offered him. He sat down again and ravenously tore into it. As he ate, color returned to his face and his limbs stopped trembling. When he finished, he sighed. "Thank you. I feel normal again." he said to Minnow

DeletedUser

"You're welcome" he said Minnow loved good manners although he often forgot his own, He bit into his before scanning the landscape and checking for any danger. After he was convinced there was none he turned his attention to his meal and the group he agian offered the weak mage more.

He knew magic cost alot of energy, he could cast some of the most basic himself.

DeletedUser13682

James got up, shook Minnow's hand, and accepted the bread. "Danke schön, Herr Minnow. My name is James, resident warrior and weapon smith. Haven't a mite of magic in me, but I do know that something is wrong with that house." He sat down again and ate the bread with the manners of the western lands, what was heard in legends that is, which were based of German and Japanese manners, and finished in a few minutes. After eating, he got up, and packed up his weapons. "Danke schön again. That got me my energy back. So, what brings you to the drawers?"

DeletedUser

"I am a wandering man no family, nothing" he paused and look agian at the ground below him before looking back upand saying "I wish to aid you what be your quest?" he said agian offering more bread, they seemed very under nourished

Deleted User - 819397

Regal looked at Minnow again. "Now that I feel myself again, I notice you have a slight aura of magic about you. You are a novice, but what you have mastered you use well, am I right? What magic can you use?" He accepted another hunk of bread, thanking Minnow. He then frowned..."I still sense that dark presence nearby...his aura stinks of the same magic that brought those sand men down on us..."

DeletedUser

"Well i can make pretty much any projectile hits it's target, head on. But it dose drian quite badly, I only simply know some spells my father taught me, the only reson i know them is because he sung them to me as a child, Although most i do not have the power to cast" he took his pack off agian and gather some scrolls from his pack "Here look" he hands them to Regal hoping to find out the bits he dosen't know he looked back up agian, Something was wrong, *But what?* he thought before slimbing onto the roof of a house a few meters away from the group and scouting the barren landscape for danger...

DeletedUser

Beauregard, napping through all this, awoke to see a new face. He leaned in toward Regal, who seemed to be looking a lot better, and whispered, <Hey, is this fellow all right? That is to say, he's not an 'opposing force', is he?>

Deleted User - 819397

Regal shook his head. <I can't see any negative feelings in his aura...that's usually a good sign.> he then returned to what he had been doing; finding the source of the black energy.

DeletedUser13682

James was looking around, and thought he saw something in the distance. It looked like a man, who was obviously bald. He tugged at Regal's sleeve. "Over there. Could that be the source of the dark energy?" Then to Minnow. "Think you can hit a guy that far away, if the need arises?"

DeletedUser

Minnow nodded, "No problem, but i don't want to wast any arrows, Plus it may not even be a man, or enemy...My bow dose not reach that far, but there is one spell i know, i would show you accept i am such a poor magician i would be left unconciouse or even risk of death if i cast it and do not immediately get my energy back."

Deleted User - 819397

Regal focused on the man..."I think it might be...the darkness is at least in that direction...I'll hold him until we can get closer." He used the stone wall spell again, and then said, "Ok, let's go see if he's the source of energy."

DeletedUser13682

"Fine with me. Minnow, you stay back here, cover our 6. Regal, you and me are going head on. Beauregard, you'll be back up. Let's go." James put on his helmet, and picked up his spear and shield, and started walking toward the bald man.

DeletedUser

Bio
Name: Cyrus
Race: Undead Human
Class: Death Knight
Skills: Power over the undead, dark magic, expert swordsmanship, archery, eternal life, fire and ice magic
Item: His human wife's gold locket, which was lost after her death

Cyrus walked across the field towards the group. His black and gold armor shined in the sunlight. He was undead, but due to being a death knight, he still kept his human features. He was tall, with a brown beard around his mouth. He had a black cape that was torn and ragged, and flew in the air with the wind. He held his sword, the legendary Necro, a blade that controlled the dead. He kept his shield on his back, which was tied around his back with a brown leather strap. He carried a yew bow on his back also, with a quiver of arrows on his belt. He held his helmet in his other hand, so he could see the people walking towards him clearly.

"I feel a source of light magic coming from them. Paladins, out to kill one of the last surviving death knights. They shall not kill me as they did my friends," he thought. He put his helmet on. Dark magic surrounded Necro, ready to summon the dead if they attacked. "First we must see who they are master. Then we can decide to attack!" said something in Cyrus' head. Necro was a living blade, that talked to him. Cyrus was ready to kill if he had to, to survive. And to continue his quest to find the one last survivng relic of his wife.

DeletedUser13682

James watched as the man got closer. He felt frightened, felt as if a coming dread was about to engulf him. For some strange reason, a song his mother had sang to him, supposedly to come from the north, came to him. So, while he was thinking to himself whether he got his things together, and whether he was prepared to die, he challenged the obvious source of the Black. "Stand down, and drop your weapons. Tell us who you are. If you follow our directions, we may let you live. If not, we will be forced to kill you. We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

DeletedUser

Minnow ran over the brittle roof's of the houses until he had a clear shot of both of the group, he was in rage without using his energy with magic.

"Hope i don't miss" he said as he drew from the left side of his quiver a swan fletched arrow, due to the fact that the feather was long there was less chance of it damaging his bracers or it missing. It also had longer range. He lined the bokin pointed arrow up and pulled back, he was ready to fire.