The Quest for Lokmar

DeletedUser

He dropped the warrior and released the prison. "The same side? You are not on my side. I am on the side of darkness, you are a member of the gray. You are no more an element than I am a mortal. You are basically the elements contained in a shell," he said.

He turned around and motioned. "Follow me to my home. It is north of here, on Mt. Snowy. Yes, I know, it's a horrible name for the most dangerous mountain this side of the world. But what do you expect? Wives usually choose cute names for evil things hahahaha!!!" he said with a hearty laugh, one that remind you of a viking.

Matthew picked up the body of Minnow and followed Cyrus. Matthew and Minnow disappeared in the ground to his castle on the mountain. "My minions have the ability to go where they wish. It's how I get from place to place. Now, try to keep your lunch. Usually this upsets stomachs the first time around for mortals," he said with a chuckle. He snapped his finger and they were surrounded in black hellfire.

Cyrus appeared in his castle, making a scorch mark on the granite floor in his throne room. He sat down on his throne and put down his helmet on the ground next to him. He put down his equipment and looked through the room. It was one large room, with a large maple wood door with steel locks and mechanisms on it. Trophies of armor, legendary swords such as Dragon Heart, which was Bartholomew of the Light's sword, and beasts adorned the walls. Tapestries made of pure silk showed of Cyrus and Bartholomew fighting off the undead. His throne had a damaged red silk blanket lay on it, and a comfy little silk cushion to make the granite made seat more comfortable. Torches lighted the room, but instead of a fire, it was a burning blackfire. Four blackfire columns appeared in the room, containing the mage, the warrior, Matthew and Minnow, and the summoner. "Welcome to Castle Blackheart!!! The only thing on this mountain that my wife did not name!!!" he said with another loud and hearty laugh that echoed the halls.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

James breathed easily for a second as he was released. Unfortunately, the feeling of relief did not last long, as he was teleported in a streak of black, to a castle, hundreds of miles from the ruined cabin in the wastelands. The sensation that accompanied the teleportation, a better name than nothing, James thought later, was the worst sensation he ever felt in his life. It was an epic battle, no an entire war, just to keep the bread he had consumed earlier inside him.

When the feeling passed, he looked around, which was difficult, due to the fact that he was bound head to foot, and was limited to moving his eyes around, with barely any head and neck movement. So, James looked around the best he could, and saw some old tapestries, depicting battles. The main characters on most of these were the darknight, and another person, possibly ole great granddaddy Bartho. His eyes wandered around some more, and locked onto a sword on the wall. For some reason, he was drawn to the sword, he felt like the sword was familiar somehow, and that the drawing feeling was felt before too. "Darknight! I have a question. What is that sword over there, and how did you get it?"

DeletedUser

"Deathknight fool. DEATHKNIGHT!!! Christ, even your grandfather wasn't like this!!!" he yelled out as he stood up. He walked forward and raised his hand. A few skeletal minions walked forward, clad in what looked like servant robes, started to remove his armor.

"Dragon Heart, the blade of a true warrior. Bartholomew was it's keeper. He got it from a mage, particularly the Gray Mage, the only mage to control the elements, all of them, and not end up blowing us up into nothingness. The blade is the only one that can slay a dragon, besides Necro. The only dragon left is in the basement. My friend and guardian, Chuck. Yes I know, horrible. Wives," he said with a laugh.

"Dragon Heart can only be held by those of the legendary ones. Pure members of the Order. I was one of them, and though a deathknight now, I can still wield it," he said. The skeletens finished taking his armor off and he walked over and held it. The blade hummed a bright yellow glow of light majick. "It is a powerful blade. The opposite of Necro. Forged in pure steel, made to balance darkness and light. Runes endorn these to spell out their names. And their original owners on the hilt guard," he said, admiring the blade.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal rolled his eyes, more theatrics... He felt the elements rebel slightly, meaning necrodark magic was almost too much for the wards he put on his aura here. He was angry at the knight for calling him a shell that held the elements. If that were true, the elements would explode outward, since they dislike each other in small spaces. He resolved to leave the castle as soon as possible, preferably with James and Beauregard. He was worried about the wind he had sent for Minnow's soul...it had not returned. He repeated the spell, stronger this time.

DeletedUser

The light appered agian and illuminated the castle, the door had been left open, it shone upon the lord od the dead...Minnow saw his chance he wipsped back into a spirt and flew up the large cave like perimerter he was trapped in, he came close to the light as it shone brighter he reached out and grabbed the hand releasing the light...His vision was flashed with the moments up to his death...As he drew a long hard breath...He didn't have long due to his wounds and the fact that regal did not have enough power to bring him back permanatly...

DeletedUser

Bio
Skills: Power over the undead, dark magic, expert swordsmanship, archery, eternal life, fire and ice magic
Item: His human wife's gold locket, which was lost after her death
(Isn't this god-modding? I think James the Hunter has to weaken up a little bit.)

Beauregard woke up. He had apparently fallen asleep on post. Again. He called Peabody (the Griffin) to him. He could feel traces of Regal's aura heading away. He felt that Regal was in danger, so he saddled up on Peabody and flew off in the direction he was sensing Regal coming from.

He came up to a huge, black castle. Beauregard flew around, looking for a good way in. The front gates were obviously locked, but there seemed to be some kind of grate in the back. He hopped off Peabody, lifted up the grate, and climbed through the opening he created. The room was extremely dark and musty, making Beauregard's eyes water. Once he got used to the light however, he saw a huge, lumbering shape in the smog. Taking a closer look, he noticed that it was a sleeping dragon. Not believing his luck, he took a step back, preparing to capture the essence of the dragon. After thirty seconds, the deed was done. He quietly tiptoed away, trying not to awake it.

DeletedUser

Minnow looked up at his party, all were trapped he said in a low almost dead voice "I'm about to depart agian, Regal is there nothing you can do?" he said as he blinked but his eyes stayed shut for quite a while before re-opening and staying quite closed.

(I like the idea of being a shade XD)

Deleted User - 819397

Regal shook his head sadly..."I was hoping the return of your soul would override the wounds...I don't know any healing spells...I'm sorry." He suddenly looked up, realizing Beauregard was not present...he could feel him though, he was nearby. Confused, he looked around...

DeletedUser

He felt the essence of his dragon being taken, and the presence of a summoner in his castle. "Tricksters!!! You are not after Lokhart!!! You are after my power!!!" he yelled out. He turned around and pointed Dragon Heart at the two. He said in Latin,"Light Prison!!!" The two were trapped in prisons of light. "So you send a summoner to take my dragon's essence? And then what? You wish to raid my treasury? Find out the secrets and knowledge I carry? You are arrogant!!!" he yelled out.

"I would have helped you, I would have trained your warrior friend. In fact, I could have helped turn your friend into a mortal again when you had gained my trust. But now! You are liars and thieves, and you are nothing of what you were meant to be. A mage who I assume is a member of the guild, and a warrior who disgraces the memory of his grandfather," he said with anger. He turned around and yelled out,"Summoner, you try to save your friends, but you will die with them!!! I will make sure of this!!!"

He pointed Dragon Heart at the man. "Once I get the time, I shall make sure you are no shade. I will make sure you are eternally damned for such trickery and lies!!!" he yelled out to Minnow. He went back to his throne and picked up Necro in his right hand, and put Dragon Heart in his left. "Fools and liars are all I see in front of me," he muttered. He waited for the summoner to show himself.

(OCC: Those are the usual powers of a deathknight. Deathknights can only be beat by their opposites, paladins. Eternal life does not mean Im invinicble. Christ, it says eternal life which means I cant die of age. Read a dictionary.)

DeletedUser

Minnow coughed and said "Fine, at least i won't be alone he said as he turned his head and smiled and his friends...He dragged himself across the floor to Regal and wipered "See you soon" he said with a smile "It's not that bad, just dark, but we wil be able to talk though." he said he turned agian to the deathknight and said "fine, i would have liked to keep my life, i shall return to this relm, and not that of the dead...And i will save them" he looked agian at the group as his soul left this wolrd and he died...

Minnow's soul traveled agian across the river of sh=ouls and to the lord of the undead Hades, he came up to the kings throne and said "Sire, May i return to the world above...As an undead?" he understood there were certian things that he would be restricted.

DeletedUser13682

James was just as shocked to hear about a sorceror stealing dragon essence as the deathknight was. He looked around in his new prison of light, instead of a prison of darkness. Was it an improvement? No, James thought. If I am still trapped, it is not an improvement. He looked at the deathknight, and tried to convince him that they did not know about the summoner and his purposes. "It is true that we have a summoner in our party, but I do not know where he is. He might be the person who took your dragon's essence, he may not be. But I did not have anything to do with this." He looked at Regal, and then back at the deathknight. "I do not think Regal has anything to do with it either. And Minnow is dead. There is not much use for anything from this world for him." He looked down at the ground, and then back at the deathknight. "If you want me to, I can help you find the summoner, and get the dragon essence back. If it is Beauregard, then it would be very easy to get it back."

Deleted User - 819397

(uhh...how about not? And anyway, what am I supposed to do trapped in a cage?)

Deleted User - 819397

(fine...whatever...I'll leave it to Yogitchalondu to decide that, since he's the OP for this thread, not you.)

Regal looked at Cyrus in distaste. "You deathknights are all alike, you know that? You all think you have this superiority over everyone else. You don't. You stab people in the back several times over, you're gonna run into your end. Insulting doesn't work either."

DeletedUser

(Assuming you (deathknight) knew about me, what with me being a "dungeon master" of sorts, or hazard creator, I assume I can post whenever a hazard is needed/when a battle is happening between hazards... )

Our young undead was lucky to have passed the dragon without much as a few missing, worthless intestines. A dragon could kill one, assuming that he could slice our boy's head off. Regardless, he saw hi plan fail before his eyes, seeing that this mighty deathknight could withstand pure, concentrated light. And control it. Regardless, he shrunk back down the ventilation "shaft" now knowing undead needed to breath and that Deathknight No.1, as he called him, could withstand majick-spawned light. Or was it simple necrodark disguised?

DeletedUser

(Regal, I'm sorry, but I do believe that a posting order might be good. All I know is that since I am not able to get online too much, I miss a lot of the action. If there is a specific reason why not, then PM me.)

Eventually while snooping among the castle, Beauregard ran into James. "Why, hello James. Fancy meeting you here. What have you guys been up to? By the way, I now control a dragon! Isn't that extraordinary?"

DeletedUser13682

James was trying to head to the front door to look for Beauregard, and almost bumped into him. "Beauregard, am I glad to find you. I was worried that it was another summoner who took the dragon essence." He looked for the dragon essence, and saw it in a jar. He pointed to it. "I need that dragon essence. You stole it from the deathknight who we met earlier. If you don't, then he will kill Regal and me, and he will not resurrect Minnow, who died about 15 minutes ago." He looked Beauregard straight in the eyes, with what was probably the most serious look in the history of looks, and said, "Beauregard, give that essence to me now. If you do not, I will be forced to kill you friend. One life against three, one of those three being my own. I see it as a fair trade off. Who needs a dragon anyway?"

DeletedUser

(First of all, essence is not captured in jars-it is captured in my staff)

"I fear that you have got essence all mixed up. Firstly, it does not harm the dragon in any way. That would be cruel. Secondly, essence allows me to summon a copy of the dragon, not the actual thing. I have not stolen anything from the Deathknight."

DeletedUser

(Great, Now i'm dead with no chance of comming back by spell, Also this thread is going to die.)

DeletedUser

(I'm sure that James the Hunter can somehow find another way for you to come back--some other bargain.)

Deleted User - 819397

(James the Hunter's last 3 posts or so vanished...so I'm gonna try to patch the holes. If he hasn't left the thread, I'll fix the post)

Cyrus flipped his light sword in the air again, showing off. The sword flew unpredictably though, and smote his head. The deathknight was dead. The bars of light surrounding Regal fell away. Regal couldn't believe their luck, but before he had a chance to collect his thoughts, he felt a rumble...the castle, tied to its master, was crumbling. Regal ran for what appeared to be a way out, hoping to run into James and Beauregard on the way out. He also grabbed Minnow's body. If he could get the body to a user of light magic, Minnow's soul could reanimate the body and patch the wounds to boot...