The Quest for Lokmar

DeletedUser

The story takes place in medieval times. Your role is that of an adventurer looking for the fabled treasure of Lokmar. The special thing about the treasure is that it has one item valuable and specific to each person in the world.

Bio
Name: self explanatory
Race: Your race-it doesn't have to be human, but it must relate to medieval fantasy- also, it can't be a creature.
Class: Your adventurer class- I encourage creativity
Skills: specific skills your character has in its class (more than just "magic"). If you have the same class as someone, you must have different skills
Item: Person-specific item that you are looking for

Also, somebody imaginative needs to come up with various hazards and monsters/evil people that we encounter. This person will not have a character. We will start once we have 3 characters and one hazard maker. NO GOD-MODDING!.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name: Beauregard
Race: Human
Class: Summoner
Skills: Able to summon monsters to aid in quest- however, I must encounter the creatures first. Presently, I have a griffin.
Item: The Tome of Creatures- allows me to summon any creature I wish at any time.

Deleted User - 819397

Name: Regal
Race: Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Skills: Can call upon the four elements at will. Is currently working on mastering abilities beyond the four elements.
Item: A ring that will allow him to use any kind of magic like he is a master at it.

DeletedUser

Senokai-give me a taste for your description of a monster that blocks our path. If I like your audition, you're in.

DeletedUser13682

Name: James Tollman
Race: Human
Class: Seeker, a person who spends his life finding things, can also include other classes, for James, this is soldier/smith
Skills: finding things easily, expert fighter with most European and some Arab/Muslim weapons, and able to make many small weapons, and cannons
Item: Book from Library of Alexandria, contains all knowledge that we know about in the present day.

DeletedUser

Desc-

The ____ (Trio, Duo, Group, whatever.) descends down the mountain.
Two hungry, cold eyes peer at them from behind the rocks. The long tongue of this beast slowly drops out of its mouth and begins to pant, furiously. ______ notices it. (He/She) turns, blade ready. It has waited long enough. With one giant leap, it clears the rocks and lands, blocking our heros' path. They stare up at it, jaws dropping.

It was a beast not even the romans could think up. It had four, no, five eyes, one on each of its five stumps, a poor excuse for a head. It was a large, round beast. What flesh its scaly hide did not expose was hard and tanned from the sun. Hair grew from it. With arms small and legs that were taller than a gorrilla, it was a towering adversary. It did not have a tail, unusual for animals in these parts.

Suddenly, its frontal breasthide split apart, showing a round mouth, with both dull and razor-sharp teeth jutting out at each and every angle.

It struck.

DeletedUser

We can now get this story started!

While reading ancient scrolls in his library, Beauregard came across a curious item called the treasure of Lokmar. Included was a magical parchment that gave the name and function of the item that was predestined for him. In his excitement, he rushed to tell his acquaintances, Regal and James, about this new discovery he made. They agreed to go with him on the treasure hunt and the trio set off. They were not aware, however, of the many dangers that would be accompanying them on their quest...

DeletedUser13682

James had just finished his best sword yet, perfectly balanced, and suited for both stabbing and slashing, when Beauregard came in, ranting about a treasure. James decided to follow, and grabbed his new sword, a medium shield, some armor based off a Roman Centurian's, and a spear. "Come on, Beauregard, let's go! And tell me again why you're called Beauregard."

DeletedUser

The thing slithered, watching James. James could not see it, he did not have the proper dealings in majicks. (I'm gonna call it that.) It was not sure about Beauregard. Regardless, it was hungry. The thing knew there were others, and it decided it was best to wait.
It left.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal had mastered enough spells that he thought he was prepared for whatever the danger ahead. He was with Beauregard and James as the primary source of offensive magic (Beauregard is a summoner remember).

DeletedUser

Beauregard, knowing that for now he had his faithful griffin, Peabody, with him, felt it was safe to go on the quest, and eager to capture more creatures.

DeletedUser

The weird thing went down the streets, slithering its way along. It was unafraid of capture, as these cratures did not contain the majick needed. Except, of course, one...

DeletedUser13682

James was in the rear of the group, looking around for any threats. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw what looked like a serpent. "Guys, I think we have a strange snake following us. I don't know what it is, but keep your eyes open, and be ready to fight."

DeletedUser

(hoookay, I thought Regal would get that, as he is the mage, but whatev. I also thought I said you couldn't see him. Let's just say you saw some majick diversion, m'kay?)

The serpent laughed in its evil hissing as he heros fell for his trap. Wary of Regal, it slithered up behind the trio and brought back his head, ready to strike.

DeletedUser

"Regal, James! Try to hold the thing off until my capture spell is complete. It takes about thirty seconds. ZAMOR TAKORHEI!"

DeletedUser13682

James truns around, and looks at Beauregard in confusion. "It's just a simple snake. Why do you need a capture spell, when we can just kill it?" Even though he was doubtful, James took a defensive position, and got ready to throw his spear at anything that moved.

DeletedUser

"You never know when just 'a simple snake' may come in handy. Anyways, it has a powerful aura. It is special. Now just hold it off without hurting it. 15 more seconds...