The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

pero131

I talked earlier about BANK heist mini game.
Imagine a map the size of adventures one. 2 buildings(on the oposite corners) and lots of hiding spots in between.
the buildings are ofc the bank and the other one is The sheriff.
its 3 vs 3 game.(
it can be 5 vs 5 but that cant be fun in old worlds as its difficult to find many people )
so 3 attackers [(the bandits )<--- from the same town . ]
go and plan a heist(similar to digging a fort . a player goes to the desired town and plan a heist )
the waiting time is 30 mins so that the rest of the players arrive (instead of 24 hours in forts ) and 20k$.
during this time every player online in that town gets notified .
The Defenders (Deputies)have to find the best 3 defenders (i will explain skill later )and travel to town during that time.

MOVEMENT AND SHOOTING
bandits start at the Bank while deputies on the Sheriff.
Movement will be similar to the adventures .
Shooting on the other hand will be automated like the fortfights, no super powers like healing, eagle shot, etc.

GAMEPLAY
THE game has 20 rounds 1m each .
Bandits have one and only goal to knock out the deputies and escape.
Deputies on the other hand have either to stall the bandits for 20 rounds (lets say the sherif arrives and they win ) OR knock out the bandits.
I havent figured out an exact map yet( of someone is willing to make one i would be glad) , but i believe its gonna be fair for the bandits to have a slightly better LOS advantage.

REWARDS
DOLLARS (HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD)
IF bandits win they can take 10% of the town treasury or 20% if they have no losses.(high reward to hit strong towns ,for example my town in colorado has 22 millionns in that treasury :D ).
IF deputies win they loot :
Any $ OR bounties the bandits had
The 20k that the bandits used for the heist
(optional 2% of the bandits bank accounts savings ) <-- banks cooperate ,lets say thats a fine from the bandits banker.
The money always getting split equally.
BONDS (optional)
bonds to the losing side .
20 bonds to the winning side.

SKILLS
same as duelling.
appeareance for attack and tactics for defence.
dodging toughness and reflex according to your weapon .(meele weapons can be there just imagine that meele duelists throw them :D )

RULES
A town can be hit once every 24h .(after that the sherif has guards for 24 hours )
you cannot plan a heist on a town that has less than 15 people and that town has less than 2/3 of your town points.
IF no defenders appear bandits win automatically but only 1% of the treasury (still good money ) and that town gets on cooldown for 24hours
IF a town loses they lose 100 points on the leaderboard (duel points) ,IF the bandits win their town gets 100.
IF the town treasury is empty bandits loot the bank account of the deputies(2%).
During the battle each team will have its own chat.
ACHIEVMENTS
I LEAVE THAT TO YOU :D

OVERALL
Its a mix of fortfights and duels. More like a mini scale Fortfight with duel gear and sets.
IF implemented it can give life to old servers , and also make dueling a greater spec of the game along with fortfights .
I believe the $$$ rewards to be one of the reasons old duellers come back to the game .
There is no need for anything new in order of items or sets but that doesnt mean they cant get created in the future.
Finally I didnt put experience in the rewards due to the fact that i believe that the $$ rewards are high enough..

OFC THIS isnt but a mere suggestion and any changes are welcome :)
i forgot to mention that the one with higher aiming moves first .
ALSO i made a small prototype of the map i had in my mind
prototype

I rest my case!!

Huscarle.

We want siege and anti-siege tool for the battle fort fights, and maybe a, o better, 2 or 3 maps of open field battles,

GrandDuke

I doubt that nobody suggested this for 15 years of game being alive, but still:

Trains in the West!
Since we already have cinemas and a lot of jobs related to railroads I think the West world is mature enough to start building train stations in towns.
Core of the idea - add new way to move from one town to another - fast but cost dollars or (even better in my opinion) train tickets.
Requirements - you can only move from one town or fort to another, both towns/forts have to have train station builded.
Balance - I think GM team can figure out the best balance, I just wanted to share my opinion in 4 points:
  1. Movement speed should depend on Train station level.
  2. Movement speed shouldn't rely on your horse speed and other items ( a) it would be nonsense, b) you still can use your speed sets to get to the job)
  3. Movement should be really fast. Faster than you can get from speed sets.
  4. But it also should cost you something*.
    *I usually can buy train ticket for 300-500 dollars on the market, but if train ride did cost 1 train ticket per ride, tickets would become more expensive and this way economy will balance itself. More rides - more demands on train tickets - they become more expensive.

Adding this would require adding new building (Train station), new rule check for situations when people start their movement from town and select another town as their destination and some balancing and testing. So, it doesn't look (from my perspective) like a huge effort, but it would add some new mechanic, more lore and additional utility for products that you can find from the job. Plus it could be the start for completely new approach for town construction system - towns need more objects and ways to interact with buildings. As of now we only have theater, bank and church that people can interact with regularly. We need more! :D

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I doubt that nobody suggested this for 15 years of game being alive, but still:

Trains in the West!
Since we already have cinemas and a lot of jobs related to railroads I think the West world is mature enough to start building train stations in towns.
Core of the idea - add new way to move from one town to another - fast but cost dollars or (even better in my opinion) train tickets.
Requirements - you can only move from one town or fort to another, both towns/forts have to have train station builded.
Balance - I think GM team can figure out the best balance, I just wanted to share my opinion in 4 points:
  1. Movement speed should depend on Train station level.
  2. Movement speed shouldn't rely on your horse speed and other items ( a) it would be nonsense, b) you still can use your speed sets to get to the job)
  3. Movement should be really fast. Faster than you can get from speed sets.
  4. But it also should cost you something*.
    *I usually can buy train ticket for 300-500 dollars on the market, but if train ride did cost 1 train ticket per ride, tickets would become more expensive and this way economy will balance itself. More rides - more demands on train tickets - they become more expensive.

Adding this would require adding new building (Train station), new rule check for situations when people start their movement from town and select another town as their destination and some balancing and testing. So, it doesn't look (from my perspective) like a huge effort, but it would add some new mechanic, more lore and additional utility for products that you can find from the job. Plus it could be the start for completely new approach for town construction system - towns need more objects and ways to interact with buildings. As of now we only have theater, bank and church that people can interact with regularly. We need more! :D
its a great idea, and there have actually been efforts to implement this a few years ago - unfortunately, it wasn't possible and the idea was scrapped again after almost a year of trying to get the code to work together

Symbiote

while selling on the market, the previous auction duration and filter selections are kept with the next sale rather than reset to default 1 day and sale for all (reset button available too); also add a (price) next to bid and immediate purchase as to not require for you to manually add the minimum value every time you do it or calculate how much 54 units of chewing bacco makes for in the sale price. what if instead of a nametag in the comment, you could actually nametag someone as for him to be the only possible buyer? even multiple possible buyers if you want to auction or offer stuff to a selected few

can i also request a revamp on equipment prices? make it clear through them what is a common and a rare item for events: horse and product cost like 2k for sale but they are just as expensive as guns, and a belt is more valuable for the mobile trader than both duel and gun. what? as i can notice, hat/neck are common, belt/shoes are uncommon, and shirt/pants are rare, while mount and guns are equally ultra-rare (shop unique are epic). make their sale value match that pattern, and what if the sum of all sale value was also 100k as to the default chest price sale to be also 100k? currently it is around 40k, you don't mind selling on the market or to the merchant, so this extra income could be good to raise the value of the trash-value chests while also making them scarce in the market. closed chests can have 1k sale value still

Symbiote

+ tweak every product price because they make no sense if irl was thought of. pick any two products and their price diff are prolly totally unmatched with reality, no need to make +500$ sale value products too

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
In the Item Sets no-reply forum, @criminus points out sets added to the Item Database. Could you also add those links to the Item Sets Category page at https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Category:Item_sets ? Also, the Item Sets Category page is missing Christmas 2023 and an empty block for 2024's event sets.
Apologize, I will sort them out as soon as I finish with my current task. It will be done this evening. Thanks for reporting.
Next time please post your feedback / suggestions in the dedicated feedback topic instead: https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/wiki.61544/

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Criminus

Jojoba

Reward donations to the fair proportional to the difficulty of getting the item and the amount of items donated. This may have been suggested before, sorry if that's the case.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
@ Inno

A broad question on the ideas put forward in the last 10 years: how many have been implemented and, if any, what specifically were they?
Quite a few actually, here are a few things.
We can start with one thing that we take for granted now, and that some believe there are too many of, namely suits, including trousers.
The chat is also something that was suggested by players before it was implemented. The possibility of selling items, the DoD event got a 3rd card and thus the possibility of getting the death card 1/3 instead of 1/2 (although it does not work that way) in addition, when new sets are to be made, the suggestions that some people post on the various forums and facebook will also be looked at.

Nortt

look what I've found at one of my secret old stash:

Screenshot_20240210_134728_com.android.chrome.png
would be great if beta could do their job like at the beginning.

pero131

We want siege and anti-siege tool for the battle fort fights, and maybe a, o better, 2 or 3 maps of open field battles,
The idea of canons has been scrapped already whats left is minning and anti minning (dug underground and set explosives ) (and dug underground and kill attacking minners) WHICH requires fortbattles to go 3D :D
To be honest fidling with fortbattles will only destroy them more . In my opinion it would be great if we can add new things for example trains, roads , personal properties etc.
We kinda need something fresh to bring new blood in the game . Fortbattles did that ages ago.

Huscarle.

The idea of canons has been scrapped already whats left is minning and anti minning (dug underground and set explosives ) (and dug underground and kill attacking minners) WHICH requires fortbattles to go 3D :D
To be honest fidling with fortbattles will only destroy them more . In my opinion it would be great if we can add new things for example trains, roads , personal properties etc.
We kinda need something fresh to bring new blood in the game . Fortbattles did that ages ago.
Maybe open-fields battles? cavalry too?; 2 o 4 maps for open fields battles, like river, mountain, etc

Symbiote

in luck farming, can you drop more than one equip per job? on the 10min or 1h ones i mean

don't know how the rng rolls, but for 10 minutes and 1h it could be something like many individual 15s trys instead of one 10min/1h coin flip; at times i make 0 drops with 37 energy, others i drop in 9 instances within the same time frame, smh

if one 15s counts for 1 try, 10 minutes could count for 12 trys, 1h for 24 trys!! this could make 10min/1h luck farming something viable; i reinforce, at moments i work 40 times and drop nothing, so don't expect to hit 24 equips in one hours jackpot

we need something between 15s luck farming and 1h product farming. what is the 10 minutes job intended for? xp in 10min is better than 1h, i think 1h excels only for products; following this, 10min product could be buffed and also reviewd, many jobs share 15s 9% drop rate and later then one goes 4600% and the other 700%; wages not even mentioned

this could also mean the need to revamp in crafts but not a single dev has reached this far in this post so im not gonna dig that lol

Al35ul

For the upcoming Easter Event, would be awesome if we were able to [somehow] grab some old tombola Easter Easter sets e.g. Easter Showdown Set and Jerry Easter (from which I'm missing a few pieces) on some worlds

Symbiote

For the upcoming Easter Event, would be awesome if we were able to [somehow] grab some old tombola Easter Easter sets e.g. Easter Showdown Set and Jerry Easter (from which I'm missing a few pieces) on some worlds

great signature lol

i agree on the point we should make old sets more widely available, there are antiquity collectors and the hard part is not the price people ask for them, it is finding this stuff. i believe the real old stuff that show up are in the fair or those xmas bags, but every event should contain a small chance to give a chest from all the previous years that are not available in the usual 4 previous years chests; say now we will get click event chests from 2017-2020, all the chests from the years previous is a 5th matryoshka chest. in the tombolas you can add this one in the 3rd tombola so to not make it either too expensive or too cheap