The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

This thread will be a place to discuss ideas that might be a place to bounce off ideas and see if people want to discuss a full drawn out idea based on your concept.

This area will be open to discuss your ideas and be a sounding board before just opening an idea, you might want to come in here and say hey guys "I have this great idea do you think its been posted before?" and you can get a response in here and people might say bravo or nope been done before.

My goal of this thread is to save those people who work tirelessly on an idea only to get shot down and say it was discussed back in 2008 and it passed...example: pants.

DeletedUser

How about this :)

I just purchased the Indian set and was surprised that the tomahawk wasnt included in the set.... there are 5 items for the Indian set, but 6 for charlatan, so why not include this?

Haven't thought of what the bonuses would be.... Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

How about this :)

I just purchased the Indian set and was surprised that the tomahawk wasnt included in the set.... there are 5 items for the Indian set, but 6 for charlatan, so why not include this?

Haven't thought of what the bonuses would be.... Any ideas?

Last time we discussed the indian set was here
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=13362

looks like people started adding weird items like facepaint and getting off of just 1 idea of adding a weapon like a spear or fort bow.

The thread is still open and open to be discussed.

Also you used this board just as I wanted it to be used great 1st example.

DeletedUser26406

Rivers and bridges
Just a quick sketch of a idea I've had in the back of my mind for a long time now.
With all the little streams and such on the map,why not insert rivers and over these bridges could be built.
Workers can build bridges, you would pay a amount of money and over the builder gets to name the bridge.
Something for workers to do.
As I said before I havn't worked out a really detailed version yet.

DeletedUser28464

add characters and interior backgrounds

Add characters and an interior background in each town building (similar to the saloon).
For example, when clicking the church, you would enter the interior of the church , then, you can click on the preacher to pray. For the general store, you would enter the general store, there would be a clerk behind a counter and an interior background of a western general store. You would click on the clerk to buy or sell goods.,, etc... the idea is very straight forward ...

Probably been suggested before,
Pedro:p

DeletedUser26406

Add characters and an interior background in each town building (similar to the saloon).
For example, when clicking the church, you would enter the interior of the church , then, you can click on the preacher to pray. For the general store, you would enter the general store, there would be a clerk behind a counter and an interior background of a western general store. You would click on the clerk to buy or sell goods.,, etc... the idea is very straight forward ...
and not so easy to implement with no real benefits.

Deleted User - 1278415

Rivers and bridges
Just a quick sketch of a idea I've had in the back of my mind for a long time now.
With all the little streams and such on the map,why not insert rivers and over these bridges could be built.
Workers can build bridges, you would pay a amount of money and over the builder gets to name the bridge.
Something for workers to do.
As I said before I havn't worked out a really detailed version yet.

True there arent many jobs that require construction on the map, but we already have a job building a bridge.... but it sounds like your trying to take this more to another level of town building/fort building to bridge building. We have had similar ideas to this such as building a railroad and while we discussed them for weeks we never really get anywhere with these and I'll call them 3D ideas. As your not just describing a routine job... your suggesting a 3D job site kind of job with aspects to it, and levels of build time/ motivation and even supplies.

Im kinda against it because we already have things for workers to build towns, collect supplies for forts, and build on forts. Today on w11.. I fought in a practically unbuilt up fort... and w11 went active about 11 months ago. workers be a slackin on w11.

Probably been suggested before,
Pedro:p

This would be a low priority idea... the art department has had their hands full of designing more than 80 pairs of pants I heard. However if you want to present the actual artwork of how you suggest it to look inside the church then I'd suppose that could be sent on and the art department could clean it up... but for me its not something that is critical or needed for a place we have no idea whats it intentions or purposes are.

DeletedUser

Im kinda against it because we already have things for workers to build towns, collect supplies for forts, and build on forts. Today on w11.. I fought in a practically unbuilt up fort... and w11 went active about 11 months ago. workers be a slackin on w11.

Very good point, builders are busy still unfinished forts on world 4 too im guess even world 1 as forts were add later on in the game.

It's not a bad idea though John, other problem I thought was if you add bridges and toll gates then the whole distance system would have to be looked at unless you have to actually go to the toll gate pay then you can move on, still in most cases will add further distance to your journey.

DeletedUser22575

Out of Town and Combatant Non Combatant Options

We have many members regardless of class whom seem not to be interested in being in a town for whatever reason...competing against themselves, no interested in being dueled, not interested in fort fighting, not interested in town politics.

Why is it not possible for there to be a drop down box to were they select an Out of Town status when these players select their class. This would not apply to the Greenhorn.

To prevent abuse (selecting this status and acquiring numerous fort items and dropping them off for example and then leaving town again) these players would not have the option of changing their status until level 75. This would prevent the collusion of players from milking the system to acquire items for their forts.

By the time players reach this level I would think most towns owning forts would have acquired most of the items they need for their forts. A level 75 player joining and dropping off items acquired through a duel free status would not upset the balance much I don't think.

These players would not only be able to use the trading market, but would be able to use town markets to purchase items.

This would help balance possible exp loss from fort fights, duels, etc.

Not being able to participate in fort fights and duels would be the balance for being able to do what they want in safety without risk of being a dueling target.

Suggestions

Why is it not possible that when Workers and Adventurers go to select their class for there to be a drop down box to select a Non Combatant Option.

Those who selected it would not be able to be dueled or to participate in fort fights.

This possible loss or gain of exp would be off sett through a balancing trade off. They could still build on their towns, build on forts, acquire items to be used to build forts, etc. They could do jobs and quest all without risk of being dueled and loosing money as well as loosing ep and hp.

Additionally why would it not be possible for those who did not select the Out of Town or the Non Combatant option to receive some additional skill points in two defensive skills. These skill points would be permanent (the player not being able to move them to other areas) and the number of points they receive would be dependent on their participation in assigning their own points to this area in their future.

Post Civil War a large majority of the early settlers had Civil War experience. These points would reflect that past experience. They would be also be an additional reward for those who accepted the risk of not being OUT of TOWN or a NON COMBATANT player status.

For example, and these are only examples. Not fixed in stone.

At level 1 all Adventurers and Workers who had not selected the Out of Town or the Non Combatant option would receive 10 points each in the Dodge and Tactics skill.

At level 10 if they put one point each in Dodge and Tactics they would receive FOUR free points more in those skills.

At level 20 if they put two points in each of these skills they would receive THREE free points in these skills.

At level 30 if they put three points into Dodge and Tactics they would again receive THREE free skill points in these skills.

A player who participated fully in this would receive 20 free points each in Dodge and Tactics for a total points in each of TWENTY SIX points at a cost to themselves of only SIX points to themselves.

Players who skipped a milestone level would not be later to put points in and receive the free points, but they would be able to receive future free points by putting in the appropriate number of points at the appropriate level.

While maybe not perfect they would not be quite as defenseless as under the present system.

Note: Soldiers and Duelers are fine as they are (assuming the proposed improvements to the Dueler class happens).

Deleted User - 1278415

Geez could you move on to another concept. Its getting al little old rehashing this same idea over and over.

This concept of letting people being part of towns and earning and not dueling really seems to be bothering you.

Do not turn this area into your personal soapbox of doing away with being able to play the game while being ko'd.

Ive already allowed the idea to be voted and discussed.

DeletedUser22575

Geez could you move on to another concept. Its getting al little old rehashing this same idea over and over.

This concept of letting people being part of towns and earning and not dueling really seems to be bothering you.

Do not turn this area into your personal soapbox of doing away with being able to play the game while being ko'd.

Ive already allowed the idea to be voted and discussed.

Why don't you go back and reread my idea.

You might find out there is several things there.

1. A townless option for people who don't want to be in towns but would like to be able to use the market.

2. A Combat/Non Combat option for those who want it and don't want it.

3. A defensive point system to improve the defensive capability of the Worker and Adventurer class which is sorely lacking in this area.

At no point in this entire post did I mention the KO system at all.

And not only that I posted it here in the "Brain storming" area where others might be able to make suggestions to help improve things for everyone. I thought that was the purpose of this area ???

Now since you mentioned me "rehashing the same idea over and over" how about you pointing out where these concepts have been covered before?

Specifically I would like to see where it has been discussed letting the townless players use the market and giving Adventures and Workers free defensive skill points.

Links Please ?

Thanks

Deleted User - 1278415

Fine...

Reading your idea I get the impression of that you have lost the ko battle and now your looking at a different angle, by saying along the lines of trying to "prevent abuse and milking the system" "to gain materials for forts" and "keeping people from participating in fort battles and duels". that is why I drew the conclusion of the KO similar ideas.

Its hard to take anything serious in your post as the concept of not being able to change the status until level 75 thing is just ridiculous and laughable.

1. A townless option for people who don't want to be in towns but would like to be able to use the market.

Townless people can already use markets of any town. I'm townless on several worlds and I'm able to use it without being joined. And I dont see how it can equally offset the exp points gained from dueling/fort fighting.

Already been suggested and is still active

3. A defensive point system to improve the defensive capability of the Worker and Adventurer class which is sorely lacking in this area.

Thats the challenge of the game and I see no reason to give workers and adventuers any extra bonuses as you can have a dueler and worker have the exact same stats and be just as efficient at duels no need to stack the deck.

DeletedUser22575

Fine...

Reading your idea I get the impression of that you have lost the ko battle and now your looking at a different angle, by saying along the lines of trying to "prevent abuse and milking the system" "to gain materials for forts" and "keeping people from participating in fort battles and duels". that is why I drew the conclusion of the KO similar ideas.

Its hard to take anything serious in your post as the concept of not being able to change the status until level 75 thing is just ridiculous and laughable.

Townless people can already use markets of any town. I'm townless on several worlds and I'm able to use it without being joined. And I dont see how it can equally offset the exp points gained from dueling/fort fighting.

Already been suggested and is still active

Thats the challenge of the game and I see no reason to give workers and adventuers any extra bonuses as you can have a dueler and worker have the exact same stats and be just as efficient at duels no need to stack the deck.

I got some bad info then because I was told once you were out of town you could no longer purchase from the market or place items on the market.

A lot of players do see the need for improvements in the worker/adventurer defensive area, or so they tell me.

As far as the level 75 just like everything else it is open to discussion, just like some might think the worker/adventurers need more points and you think they need none.

As far as the link you provided it has to do with the Duel Indicator Light to let people know when their 48 hours are up and has nothing to do with what i suggested at all.

As far as this statement of yours..

"Thats the challenge of the game and I see no reason to give workers and adventuers any extra bonuses as you can have a dueler and worker have the exact same stats and be just as efficient at duels no need to stack the deck."

If a worker wanted to have the same status as a dueler I think probable he would have picked a dueler class and not a worker class. So considering that how does a worker stack up in a duel against a dueler when he places his stats as a worker.

And would those extra points be of benefit to him under those conditions "without stacking the deck"?

DeletedUser26406

Trading Post
Overview:A location on the map were players can buy items with items,
(I know this stinks of market at first glance but read further)
Details: Part 1,A player would simply go to the location on the map were a Trading Post is,(One in each county)Set up a offer for example:Watt Earps Buntine for Grants Saber,any item for any item a gun for a product etc.
Part 2,The buildings at the Trading Post would be,Hotel, the Trading Post itself and a Doctors Office.
Hotel is same as a town hotel.
Trading Post is as described above,Trading Items,
Doctors Office, Here you can buy Medicine to feed the mouth planned in the Roadmap,
Part 3,The Town side of the Trading Post,
It is Similar to a fort in that only alliance members can use the Hotel,And Doctors Office ,
Battles can be fought on them as well, a wall surrounds the post.

This is to be discussed,Should this be a peaceful open to all thing or a Town owned Fought for Prize?
Understanding It is a very sketchy idea it was placed here.

Deleted User - 1278415

Trading Post
Overview:A location on the map were players can buy items with items,
(I know this stinks of market at first glance but read further)

Details: Part 1,A player would simply go to the location on the map were a Trading Post is,(One in each county)Set up a offer for example:Watt Earps Buntine for Grants Saber,any item for any item a gun for a product etc.

I tested it last night even without a town I was able to use another towns market to buy an item. I will have to travel to that town to pick up my item and I'll try to post something on the market. But it looks like you want to trade items for items. i think this is how the traveling trader came about and instead of adding a spot on the map.. he was made traveling where ever you are at. I don't see why anyone would want to trade weapons or gear for other select items instead of just cash. Without putting much thought.. this might be abusable... "trading higher valued item for a lesser valued item" is push trading. Keep that in mind when developing this idea for how to stop that abuse.

Part 2,The buildings at the Trading Post would be,Hotel, the Trading Post itself and a Doctors Office.
Hotel is same as a town hotel.
Trading Post is as described above,Trading Items,
Doctors Office, Here you can buy Medicine to feed the mouth planned in the Roadmap,

Before we start bringing in new buildings Id like to see how they implement the eating concept before we get ahead of the curve as my suggestion.

Part 3,The Town side of the Trading Post,
It is Similar to a fort in that only alliance members can use the Hotel,And Doctors Office ,
Battles can be fought on them as well, a wall surrounds the post.

Maybe that it is the banks on part 2 being implemented, but why not just add doc office to the already existing forts? Then instead of modifying the game map, as we already have enough battles to keep most players busy. We have 120 forts and you are suggesting adding another fort type building to each county? that would be 40 more for a total of 160 battle sites to consider. Currently if we cant have more than 10 battles in 1 day everyone screams multi hateisms. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to get a "delete all" (instead of by the page) button for mail for those of us that do alot of mass mailing?

DeletedUser

A few that I don't have enough time to work on:

1. Balancing issue:
- Add 1 more class item to dueler/worker/adventurer because of overpowered soldier class items combo (class quest)
- Add permanent 5 SP quest reward to soldier
Analysis on this matter: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=537132#post537132

2. Timewaster issues:
- Make 1st fort fighting round shorter (5 mins are too much, 3 mins would be better, 2.5 mins would be prolly the best)
- Enhance timewaster quests by adding one more quest as epilogue with better reward (wild horses, ghost town, henry's birthday, tomorrow's headline, gemstones), more details here:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=37076

3. Connect market fee and shop/market ability to set a high price somehow to the trading skill, more points in trading should make players better in haggling, as this is skill based RPG and not farm-till-you-die game, more on it here:
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=536504&postcount=16

4. Fix the inability to steal money from someone in a duel which is near impossible because:
- of the bank system
- of the market

5. Make townless players duelable and able to join fort fights if they are level 10 or above, easily solved by adding them automatically to one of those starting 4 eastern towns as their home town

6. Totally remove the town switch cooldown period (2 hours per each leave, 5 mins "regeneration" per day) since there is no need anymore to switch towns (the market) and "shopping passes" are now obsolete

7. Add a real travelling NPC merchant that is every day on another part of the map and sells only items not available elsewhere, but for 4-10x prices more than those items are worth (the price depends on players' trading skill, so connected to point 3.)

8. Cap the max health (dunno on which number, as I said I don't have enough time to work on this, but it's not possible to KO 10K HP player via duel which is utterly rediculous).

9. Add the premium pet and non premium sidekick - the pet should be nice looking, but utterly useless, the sidekick should be kinkylooking to keep the current trend (female greenhorn for example) and any class except the one player is currently using but at least 75% lower level than the player, maybe even more

10. Add a party based duels which should spread also on quests, an example, 4 players accept the quest, each player solves his own path, then all 4 duel in a kind on group duel against 4 NPCs - but not just yet, this should wait till the new duelsystem is added - and this should not be a minigame but graphically somewhat similar to current duel display

11. Either remove/rewrite class bonuses in a way no class bonus can be obtained through premium/items or add premiums/items that grant class bonuses to anyone.
Examples if bonuses would be removed:
- dueler speed bonus should be removed because of traveltime premium, instead of that another bonus should be given to that class
- adventurer droprate bonus should be removed because of the holiday set, but another bonus should be given instead of that one
Examples if bonuses will stay, but prems/items will be added:
- add a premium that lasts 7 days and grants +10% XP on jobs
- add an item set that grants free hotel sleep in hotel level 1 if you have 1 set item, in level 2 if you have 2 set items, in hotel level 5 if you have 5 set items

DeletedUser26406

The townless dueling thing would force non-dueling player that are being dueled all the time and leave towns cuz of that,to quit the game more often,this = less premium and less $$ for Inno.

DeletedUser

Nah. As I said I don't have enough time to work on it all. Townless players would have, let's say 24 hours of duelprotection between 2 duels no matter if KOed or not. Besides, don't forget that duelsystem will change, that we don't have all details on it, and that it's possible we'll all do duels if the system gets less boring than the current one. ;)
And less boring game = more premium and more $$ for Inno. ;)