Planned sdjx22: Auction House Proposal

Do you want this ingame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

"To help prevent abuse, items placed on auction would not appear on the auction screen until after a random amount of time between 30 minutes and 4 hours has passed."
This is not long enough. Some items are so rare that it is likely they will be the only one up for sale. Therefore a cheater has the certain knowledge that this is HIS item if he waits for 4 hours. To make there always be an element of doubt the maximum possible delay would actually have to be greater than the time the auction takes. Therefore if the auction is to last 24 hours then the maximum possible delay should be 25 hours.

Perhaps i am being too cautious? but this would make things more watertight.
personally I'm completely happy for the idea to go ahead exactly as you propose it....just trying to anticipate the possible multi-loophole argument that usually shoots 'trading' ideas down.

As for items bought from shops not being sellable. I'm not so sure about that. Firstly why shouldn't someone get this benefit? Secondly if items have to be individually 'bonded'[sic] with information about their origin then that is bound to increase 'server load' or whatever the boffins call it. So this is a tech query really for a techie to respond to.

Just wanting to make it an auction idea they cannot refuse.

DeletedUser1105

I was never confident that we needed the whole 'bonded items' part either, but it seemed to be accepted on the thread which is why I added it.

And you are right, there is no harm in making things watertight, I'll amend that part.

Diggo11

Yes I think there was a need for it to be increased, but 25 hours is excessive. I think from 30%-70% of the auction time is suitable enough. You must remember there are people in this game who need to sleep. If you can target the range so it appears when their offline they will not know which item is theirs. If there is only one then its probably that rare that it'll attract that much cash anyway.

And also I think the maximum auction time should be 48 hours instead of 72. This allows all active players a chance to place one or two maximum bids, and people get their item/money that much quicker.

DeletedUser

i love being a late comer

i see this as a duelers dream
it would be a nice way to stash the cash received from duels while your heading back to your town. all you need to do is find out who in your town is planning on buying something or just arrange it. then when your back at your own hotel have the townmate out bid you and you have your duel winnings back to put in the bank
another example would be to take a gamble on bidding for something that you figure your bid would be outbidded, but at least your closer to your town to put it in the bank
so maybe to place a bid on a auction item you need to do it at your own general store and the players that are without a town can go to a central auction house

DeletedUser5046

uhm...i dunno if i ask tis before...but can they use a different color code for towns who had an auctioned item on te store? and also can they place it on te minimap

• towns with bidding goin on or • town (auction)

DeletedUser

Guys i just saw something that may be related to abuse, was put up by docmed. But i want to know 1 thing, can we cancle the bids? If so we got a problem

Say that waiting time was 12-24 hrs, if some1 wants to bank their money but cant get to town course they gotta work, all they gotta do is bid, wait until the next time they log on (which supposidly(is this even a word?) is less than 12-24 hrs), which by then they would be at town or not (whether they went to a hotel or stayed at job area) they dont have to worry about duelers taking money from them. Even though someone may overbid them and the money comes back, if they put it high enough (maximum bid price) they wont have to worry about it as they can cancle it.

Ok read it looks weird wat i meant is that the waiting time cant be too long and whether can their bids be cancled?

1 more thing : wat if more than 1 person bid maximum price? would the first person to do so get it?

DeletedUser1105

First person to bid wins. Anyone else must beat that bid.

You cannot cancel a bid once you've bid.

Docmed, adventurers and workers could do that also to prevent duellers from targeting them so it's fair. And that's part of the fun - there is a risk involved in 'storing' cash like that, you may actually win the item.

And if you can get a town member to out bid you and organise that so well, then you deserve your reward.

DeletedUser

These things being portrayed as 'abuses' just seem like thoughtful play to me.

DeletedUser1105

Hehe, too true.

Definately agree that we should not stop things like that. If you can work the system to your benefit, then fair play. There is no cheating involved, so why try to prevent it? It adds an (admittedly small) amount of strategy to the game, but any additions that do that should be saluted.

Diggo11

I don't entirely agree about it, but I don't disagree that strongly I'd go against all your opinions.

DeletedUser5046

gee..i wonder why thirteen peeps vote no...:unsure:

and i i guess tis will do a big part on world 6

DeletedUser

It sounds good, except for being able to buy products wouldn't be very fair to the game. Because then someone could finish all of the quests by just buying the products, instead of actually doing the work, which defeats the purpose of having the quests in the first place.

DeletedUser

It sounds good, except for being able to buy products wouldn't be very fair to the game. Because then someone could finish all of the quests by just buying the products, instead of actually doing the work, which defeats the purpose of having the quests in the first place.

It just gives an alternative way to do things. I doubt very much that it would be that easy. You are neglecting the fact that money doesn't grow on trees.

The whole restricting resources would counteract this perceived problem....but that's another proposal. This idea is ready to try out now. let's go.

DeletedUser

There is a possibility that you will be allowed to buy products, but quests needs to be adjusted and separated like those where you actualy must work on that specific job and those where you can just bring that stuff. Like the december quest where you needed to cut the trees for X hours ...

DeletedUser

I agree with pi-man. And the others that think an auction house would deter from the idealism that you have quests for a reason.
For the same reason no auction house you could go with the idea of "protection" or body guards against duelers. Maybe interest when you put money in the bank. Just deposit to the bank and it grows with interest, eventually you have all the money you need. Problem of making money solved.
Body guards; you hire someone on to protect you in the event of a duel. Someone challenges you to a duel and automatically the challenge goes to the body guard in which case you circumnavigate the problem of duelers. Problem of duelers solved.
The same concept of having to go through the slow and dragging quests.
Auction house, problem of quests solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.