Planned sdjx22: Auction House Proposal

Do you want this ingame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

Some good points there Ulthor, the developers get the 'abuse-spotter' and I get to feed my inner geek by reading stats.

Excellent.

DeletedUser

Question: when you bid on an item, is your maximum bid withdrawn from your account then or is some sort of hold put on that money (to avoid inflation abuse)?

DeletedUser1105

Yes, the amount you bid is taken as if you bought that item. Then one of 3 things happens:
1) You win with your maximum bid. You get the item and no change.
2) You win with less than your maximum bid. You get the item and the difference in cash.
3) You are outbid on the item, at which point the money goes directly back into your bank/cash as available.

Diggo11

Well perhaps you should be limited to purchasing and selling one of each item. So Player A buys a fancy cap in auction, before buying another one in store. Player A then decides to sell both of them, but the system only allows him to auction one of them.

DeletedUser

For premium users I would give higher maximum for possible bid on their item on auction than for non-premium users. That can support atractivity of premiums and that means supporting this game. Something like premium user can get foreign buying price for that item and non-premium only 80-90% of that or something like that. Or premium users will need to pay less for auction an item.

Diggo11

Yeah people create so many new premium ideas which are all good and should be implemented, but if they all were there would be far too many.

DeletedUser

Everybody is whining that premiums are too expensive, but on the other hand they don't want them to be worth that price :D. I don't understand you people.

DeletedUser

Everybody is whining that premiums are too expensive, but on the other hand they don't want them to be worth that price :D. I don't understand you people.
Puli you are a one trick pony. Every topic has to be 'why don't i get extra privileges for my premium' Stop hijacking every post with this scabby nonsense.:mad:

DeletedUser

A little surprise for you. I have never bought premium myself :). So no it's not "why don't i get extra privileges for my premium" and it's not every topic only premium topic and this topic. There are hundreds of others where I haven't posted a word about that.

DeletedUser

Insert embarrassed face.
But you are always banging on about making premium better. i didn't make THAT up.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of auctions, I do not know if any of you know or play Neopets. They have a very good in game auction system that works very well. Your items you list are linked to your user name and are given an auction number. Only items with a value of for example $200 can be auctioned and the person placing the item up for auction decides the starting price.

You have a choice of setting the item up for 1 hr, 2hrs, 4hrs,6hrs, up to 2 days. If the item sells you get an automatic reply telling you your item has sold and who bought it at what price. If it does not sell then it is returned to your inventory.

It works very well and I think this kind of system will work here too.

Diggo11

Will it not get cluttered up with loads of the same item?
If you look at the mockups its put into categories. If items within these categories are sorted logically (best items at the top then same items sorted by price) then it won't be cluttered at all.

EDIT: Apparently its sorted by time remaining for auction. THIS MUST CHANGE OR IT WILL GET CLUTTERED!!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sorting by level and then by price is a reasonable thing I think. Each type of item (headgear, weapons ...) should of course have it's own place. Not everything on one heap.

DeletedUser

Actually we are relaying on there being more than one of each item to prevent multi-accounters benefiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.