Planned sdjx22: Auction House Proposal

Do you want this ingame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

It can be ordered in any way you like :)
Gem's quote says ordered by time remaining in the auction.

EDIT: Ok I reread and it said each ITEM is sorted by remaining auction time. It doesn't actually say the GENERAL sorting criteria. But I still say the secondary sort should be lowest current bid.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

we really do need several sort criteria. the most important is category, then time, then price.

DeletedUser1105

I think it just needs some basic sorting (like Ulthor's suggestion above).

Then it would need to be tested. Is it going to be as cluttered as people think? Maybe initially, but if it costs to place an item at auction and it repeatedly doesn't sell then people will stop putting them up for sale when it would be easier to just get the sell price from a store.

DeletedUser

I think it is going to get cluttered, sorting will be needed. For example say 50,000 active players on a server everyone posting 1.5 items each that's 75,000 items. Look at the mock-up how many items could fit in per screen with images, lets say 10 scrolls of 9 items(otherwise scrollbar would get very small). That makes about 830 pages of items think about Page 1 of 830 (1|2|3|...830). Hmm.. but maybe not?

DeletedUser5046

uhm...so te auction house is located at te general store and not in te saloon . .?

DeletedUser

So you would need the ability to filter on the item you're interested in instead of looking through a morass of pages...

I would suggest that the auction house has some pre-defined filters set up as clickable links - hats, neckwear, clothing, shoes, weapons (split into melee and firearms), mounts and products. When you click onto that link, you go to a screen showing only those items you're looking for. Then there's a filter drop-down on the item name that allows you to select only the item you're after.

DeletedUser1105

Yes, a simple drop down menu allowing you to choose the item you wish to look at (the same way the job menu works on the mini map?) would probably be needed then.

DeletedUser

What they said. To a certain extent we want to encourage there to be a lot of items to foil multi's . The actual amount can be easily regulated by putting the posting price per day up and down. Maybe if we start off with a five dollar a day price to keep things relatively uncluttered at first?

DeletedUser5046

hmm...i just thought we can make the lists of the offers listed on te right side while on the left side is how many bidders started to bid . . .

Will they allow to see who te highest bidder is? but will hide how much he will pay for te item?

Diggo11

Ok I've made some of my own mock ups for the monkey. Hopefully these will provide an 'uncluttered' viewing pane.

So you enter the General Store and click on the Auction House button and you end up below.
auctionhousems1.jpg

You can then choose a category of item in the tabs copied from the Settings Menu. Underneath you can then choose a type of item. Lets say I click Bowler Hats, then I would go here:
auctionhouse2me5.jpg

Here I can see all the Bowler Hats on the market. They are sorted by type (descending from fancy) then by price. Note the colouring to indicate whether it is above, below or equal to shop price. Items with under an hour to go have a bold time thingo.

Well I hope this base guide inspires your imaginations. How do you like this way of implementing it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1105

That is definately a good way of doing it. It would help some of the clutter definately. Nice mock ups.

DeletedUser5046

yeah...me like diggo's creation too^^

• where can we find te amount of highest bid on each item?

DeletedUser1105

You don't. You only see the current bid. If your maximum bid does not beat the 'hidden' maxiumum bid, it would tell you had been outbid.

DeletedUser5046

so that's when te time i'll make another - decision to bid or not to bid?

uhm does it automatically raise a bid? i mean for instance te highest bidder is at 200$ ..if you chose to bid then it will automatically go for lets say 250 $ ?

DeletedUser1105

You would have to decide the amount you would bid. You would type the amount in. There would be restrictions, in the fact that there would be a minimum increase to stop people bidding $1 more.

DeletedUser

Well Ebay works like that. You put in the maximum amount you will pay for the item and it automatically rebids for you if you have been outbid. Then if the selling price goes beyond what you set as your maximum bid you get a message asking if you want to go higher. I think it should be minimum increments as well based on a sliding scale. The higher the price an item is going for the higher the minimum bid must be.

DeletedUser

When you click on the item to bid then it should give you all bidding information. It cannot be done in the listing stage.

DeletedUser5046

have a point diggy. . .

• hmm. . .how many times can i bid ..or how many items can i bid at per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.