Planned sdjx22: Auction House Proposal

Do you want this ingame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I agree with pi-man. And the others that think an auction house would deter from the idealism that you have quests for a reason.
For the same reason no auction house you could go with the idea of "protection" or body guards against duelers. Maybe interest when you put money in the bank. Just deposit to the bank and it grows with interest, eventually you have all the money you need. Problem of making money solved.
Body guards; you hire someone on to protect you in the event of a duel. Someone challenges you to a duel and automatically the challenge goes to the body guard in which case you circumnavigate the problem of duelers. Problem of duelers solved.
The same concept of having to go through the slow and dragging quests.
Auction house, problem of quests solved.

Gosh, professor, you've almost solved the entire game away! :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

About the minimum price problem, wat about putting it above the sale price but lower than the purchase price?(ok maybe not lower than the purchase price but the minimum should stop anyone from selling at $1 cause they had surplus.)

About the putting trash up for auction, i agree but wat type of items would be considered trash?(i mean i really want to know, seriously cause i gotta look out for them in the game as i'm new to it, not sarcastic) Maybe quest items can be placed too? (example is green and blue indian neckband-i dont want to run everywhere looking for it!) products may be also be auctioned off?

About losing the item if not sold, i def would not support as no one would want to auction items off anymore in fear of losing it (almost like robbery)

About the fee, maybe the fee can be based on how long is the item place and the value of the item?

Adding this point in: After bidding and losing (there'll def be people who lost the auction) wat happens to the money? does it get returned? if so when?(after auction,in the middle of it when someone has outbid the person)

1 last thing, are we allowed to put in multiple items to be auctioned off? (like wat if i had 2 grey bowler hats they def have to be sold seperately since no one would want to have 2 of them)

(lol after reading wat i wrote it's starting to look more like a marketplace rather than an auction house)

Actually it does state after 24 frs the item would be returned to your inventory

Diggo11

There is a possibility that you will be allowed to buy products, but quests needs to be adjusted and separated like those where you actualy must work on that specific job and those where you can just bring that stuff. Like the december quest where you needed to cut the trees for X hours ...
I think this needs to be included in the proposal.

Anyway it would still reek havoc with the Union Flag.

DeletedUser

This sounds really GOOD!!!!
I'd love 2 have this in The West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

I like this auction house idea too.
As builder I hope it will be new building with upgrades. The higher level the more items Town can send to 'Auction central' or something like that (so players will not be able to fill Auction with trash that much).
But honestly I will accept anything.

Red Falcon

Yes to the auction

Definitely a well thought-out and worthwhile idea. It kind of reminds me of the Grand Exchange of Varrock in RuneScape, only slightly different.

DeletedUser

I am very strongly against any idea making trade between players possible. What they'll all end up doing is make the game easier and more exploitable.

It offers many exploits. You could use it to transfer money between players, have multi-accounters hoard their money on a single account. It will eventually be possible to spot your own sales, especially when you sell unusual items no-one wants. Like broken bottles. Who will by those on the market when you can get them for a scrape in a store, even with 4x price?

The option for not making your own sales visible will ADD to the ease of finding them! Use another account, find the item that's missing from your own inventory and you're done!

If it becomes possible for products to be traded, why even bother making some items hard to find? Just by em from the auction house. The you really ensure that people only do the best jobs available. Maybe it will limit the jobs people do even further to only the most lucky jobs, because hoarding items might very well be the most profitable thing to do.

If this idea serves to push item prices ABOVE regular store prices, why bother? Everyone would go shopping in the town that has it in one of their stores.

I think this will eventually degrade the game's economy and item values below a playable level.

You can't just introduce this without SERIOUSLY considering the impact on a game's economy. If it was wanted, it would have been there. It's not like it is that difficult to implement this. It's just that the gameplay effects are severe and drastic, and it could end up ruining the game experience all together. Unless the devs are really serious about a leap of faith into the future (that could end up very bad), I very strongly oppose this addition to the game.

The only possible option for keeping the economy slightly viable would be to remove all stores. Only then will items be rare enough for them to retain actual value, and will this system be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

VinWij you're wrong. The fact, that trade isn't currently in the game doesn't imply that it is not going to happen. Look at planned changes in help section of the game itself. You'll find it there. Also they are SERIOUSLY trying to implement it and considering the impact on game's economy ;).

DeletedUser

I think we should name it something Western themed like th Trading Post tho:D I thought about this like a couple of days ago, but didn't get on the comp to propose it. When I did get on I saw it was alredy propsosed! LOL Very sad when I spend my workdays thinking about The West:eek:

DeletedUser

would really "complete"this game since every game has to have any sort of player with player market ;)

DeletedUser

Both Thumbs up!

This sounds like a good idea and this was amazingly well thought out and planned!
:D
Kudos!

DeletedUser

Hope they'll think its good ... Theyre no cheating posibilityes...

DeletedUser

yes I want this but what about the sugar cane problem?
If its a product and is 100% likely, u buy lots from multiple accounts for a low price then sell it in stores for $4 a pop-makes heck of money.
I like the idea of being able to pay ridiculous prices for the union flag :) would make getting one AMAZING! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.