Scoundrel Fort Battle Event

DeletedUser

He didn't play w6 before the event.
yup Elmyr is right i enjoyed it futurama don't get me wrong am talking about the concept of the event it only brings few player for a short period of time after that the players decide to delet their characters and the world still remains unrevived

DeletedUser

So how has the event been for fort battles on w6? It seems like the Scoundrel battles got better as we went along with more onliners and teamwork. Have regular battles gotten better too?

DeletedUser22685

It's not just about bringing new players to the world abskay. It's also about livening it up for existing players. Of course, the more new players that join, the better. Hopefully some of them found a good enough home to enjoy the world enough to stick around afterwards. However, I'm sure many existing players on World 6 attended fort battles for the first time during this event. It's given them a taste for battles and possibly even enticed them to continue battling in the future.

DeletedUser

Was there ever feedback thread about first W4 event? How did it influence and how does world look more then 1 year after?

Ask old players on W6, make pop-up poll when logging in to express how they felt about the event or link to forum poll.

DeletedUser22685

Was there ever feedback thread about first W4 event? How did it influence and how does world look more then 1 year after?

Well World 4 now is definitely not dead enough to warrant a GM event, so I suppose it must have "worked" to some extent there. Either that or it went to the wrong world first.

DeletedUser

Well World 4 now is definitely not dead enough to warrant a GM event, so I suppose it must have "worked" to some extent there. Either that or it went to the wrong world first.

It's not? It's back down to 1300 players. The fort battles are better than the ones I was in on w4 before the event though.

DeletedUser

I don't think we can ever expect events to bring worlds back up to big populations. I don't think we can expect them to provide reason for people to stay once they are over either.

Events are really just opportunities to try some new things within the game parameters. They will attract people who are interested in trying something new - and even then only if the events offered are of interest. I'm sure these events did not draw any new players that were interested in quests - they were primarily dueling and fort battle events.

If players came only to play the events then there wouldn't be any reason for them to stay after they were over unless they got involved in towns and alliances while they were there. I know I was one person who joined W4 just to try the Tex/Mex event that had started there. I know there are at least a few people who stayed after the event was over, just as I'm sure there will be at least a few people that will stay on W6.

DeletedUser22685

It's not? It's back down to 1300 players. The fort battles are better than the ones I was in on w4 before the event though.

No, definitely not. It's one of the most active (if not the most active) world out of all the "dead" worlds as far as battle attendance, online numbers, HP and number of battles, at least from what I've seen anyway.

DeletedUser

ermm i guess it is not futurama we need to get feedback forum as well to hear from players after event is over to see how things could be improved better

DeletedUser

Simple, KEEP SCOUNDREL dueling and fort battles, they were fun, imaginative, and gave me something to look forward to.

I understand they were designed to be limited time events, must they stay that way? Are there any volunteers who'd be willing to continue scoundrelly Western play? Perhaps some new folks could be enticed to BE scoundrels if the old ones have retired?