Rejected Robbing banks & Criminality

Shall Robbing Banks and Criminal Elements be brought to the West?

• Yes,

Votes: 58 65.2%
  • No,

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1: It says that "Only present soldiers during the rob can defend the town." Do you only really mean soldiers? They have enough bonuses already. I say anyone can defend, or anyone with a fort gun equipped maybe. A gun toting adventurer/duelist is hardly going to say - "Hey look, someone's stealing my money. I hope a soldier arrives soon to stop them."

2: A town needs an unrobbable timer of a decent amount (at least 48 hours, probably better at 7 days) if someone successfully robs them.

3: Harsher penalties for failing. Prison is a bit dull though, maybe fined from their bank account?

Otherwise ace idea.

DeletedUser

I do like this idea but I think there should be a stronger punishment for failure. If you succeed you get massive rewards, but if you fail you only get Ko'd.

There should be jail time. If you're caught you are stuck inside the town whose bank you tried to rob for 24 or 48 hours.

Also i think a much smaller portions of personal bank accounts should be taken, if at all. No more than 20% of players accounts.

Keep hashing it out. This overall idea is a good one.

This is entirely a question of realism. Obviously we can't hang the aggressors if they're caught. And since we can't hang the aggressors and balance the risk with the victims; we shouldn't permit the aggressors to get away with all the money. I'd like to maintain a reward that is as large as possible; for a robber does not enter a bank with the intention of acquiring just a portion of the funds possible......unless time is an issue.

Therefore I propose this addition
:
The more time spent within the bank the greater the risk and the greater the funds acquired. The risk is always a probability; a probability that is diminished with skill and increased with the skill of the town sheriff. The funds acquired is always a solid percentage.

1 minute: 20% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
2 minutes: 40% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
3 minutes: 60% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
4 minutes: 80% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
5 minutes: 100% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures

If caught, the punishment should be indefinite imprisonment; until your town-mates bust you out of prison--which can be done by any town-mate that possess dynamite. Two days must be spent in prison, with no possibility of escape. The probability of escaping from prison should increase over time after 48hours. Perhaps 5 percentage points every day, starting at 5% on the 3rd day.

DeletedUser

Is this active yet? Half a year since it was suggested. Something tells me the idea is not good enough if it never got sent to Development Discussion all these months. The treasury is the only place were cash is safe, I don't want this changed.

DeletedUser

the idea is great but the product requirements are bit to much and what bOOk said about money safe in bank

DeletedUser

the idea is great but the product requirements are bit to much and what bOOk said about money safe in bank

I consider that to be very ironic. This game is hell bent on realism, but then they state the absurd notion that money is safe in a bank. Not only are bankers the greatest criminals alive, there are people out there like myself who do not recognize any notion of property despite contemporary western society's belief system. Therefore, we will not hesitate to rid you of the burden of tangible objects, so that you can familiarize yourself better with those human qualities that truly matter-love, empathy, the human union and ponder over the ever complicating question of how to guarantee human survival and continued progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see with this idea and the way that it is well detailed but for one have you taken loads of tourght i do not think that you have. this is becuase loads of people are starting to play this game and they will find the game really hard if you keep robbing there banks. this would not be a fair way ro play the game and the amount that you have suggested and were and who gets robbed is stupid. MAYBE if they make it so that they added a job to do this but it could only be done once every 2 days or sumthing like that then yeah, i say this becuase i am considering the amount of money that you get and the xp. You have to make sure that you see it from a noobies point of view not just for the level 50's re think the idea and maybe yes if it was an actuall job. but if you are only thinking about bandits and stuff like that then you are leaving other classes out and that really is not that fair. Bandits make $4,000 and workers make nothing close to $300. please re think this

DeletedUser

The whole idea of robbing player's cash from banks is rediculous. Noone would keep the money in the bank but would buy items.

This thread will now get 1 star from me. Which means - TERRIBLE.

DeletedUser

As you have said this idea is really pointless and stupid. People will keep hold of there money and that will mean that the deulers and the bandits will just take over and then they will attack people constently instead of robbing the banks

DeletedUser

Town battle

I consider that to be very ironic. This game is hell bent on realism, but then they state the absurd notion that money is safe in a bank. Not only are bankers the greatest criminals alive, there are people out there like myself who do not recognize any notion of property despite contemporary western society's belief system. Therefore, we will not hesitate to rid you of the burden of tangible objects, so that you can familiarize yourself better with those human qualities that truly matter-love, empathy, the human union and ponder over the ever complicating question of how to guarantee human survival and continued progress.

yes you are correct $ is not safe in bank.(some part i did not understood- no a native English),
bankers on street handing out flayers about get a loan no interest with a fine print after 6 months interest rate 18%.
---------
this is a suggestion but if some one says it is a span i will create new thread.
here is my idea TOWN BATTLE to steel the money out of the bank.
just a regular battle but instead it will take place in town.
-founder/council declare battle, at town
-$2000 for 42800-40000 point town-lasts 55 rounds
-$1500 for 40000-30000 point town-lasts 45 rounds
-$1000 for 30000-20000 point town-lasts 35 rounds
-20000 or less can not steel money from the bank.

-gun will be used
-battle can only be declared from 17:00 to 2:00 server time(at night). after 24 hr. battle takes place.
-only town people can take part in it.
-if attacker stands on bank building for more than 5 rounds or all defender pass out town bank money is stolen and half of ALL the town players money. and the total money is only distributed to people at the attack.
-if the attacker loses, the people at the attack loses half of their money and is divided to town members
-in a tie(no one wins), nothing happens.

DeletedUser

yes you are correct $ is not safe in bank.(some part i did not understood- no a native English),
bankers on street handing out flayers about get a loan no interest with a fine print after 6 months interest rate 18%.
---------
this is a suggestion but if some one says it is a span i will create new thread.
here is my idea TOWN BATTLE to steel the money out of the bank.
just a regular battle but instead it will take place in town.
-founder/council declare battle, at town
-$2000 for 42800-40000 point town-lasts 55 rounds
-$1500 for 40000-30000 point town-lasts 45 rounds
-$1000 for 30000-20000 point town-lasts 35 rounds
-20000 or less can not steel money from the bank.

-gun will be used
-battle can only be declared from 17:00 to 2:00 server time(at night). after 24 hr. battle takes place.
-only town people can take part in it.
-if attacker stands on bank building for more than 5 rounds or all defender pass out town bank money is stolen and half of ALL the town players money. and the total money is only distributed to people at the attack.
-if the attacker loses, the people at the attack loses half of their money and is divided to town members
-in a tie(no one wins), nothing happens.

i posted the exact same idea as above on another forum... but with some thins added
-if there is a difference of town points between the towns of more than 2000 points you cant attack
-if there is a difference of average level between the towns of more than 2 then the town cannot be attacked
-if the difference between the number of members of the town is more than 5 the town cannot be attacked
-if a town has less than 10000 town points then it cannot be attacked
-the money that is stolen from the defenders safe goes to the attackers safe not to the attacking players

this eliminates big towns stealing from the little town

DeletedUser

i posted the exact same idea as above on another forum... but with some thins added
-if there is a difference of town points between the towns of more than 2000 points you cant attack
-if there is a difference of average level between the towns of more than 2 then the town cannot be attacked
-if the difference between the number of members of the town is more than 5 the town cannot be attacked
-if a town has less than 10000 town points then it cannot be attacked
-the money that is stolen from the defenders safe goes to the attackers safe not to the attacking players

this eliminates big towns stealing from the little town

yep those are more Cannot's. i did not wanted to think much about it to smallest details since most ideas get rejected by the dev.
and your total posts=1.

DeletedUser

The whole idea of robbing player's cash from banks is rediculous. Noone would keep the money in the bank but would buy items.

This thread will now get 1 star from me. Which means - TERRIBLE.

I see with this idea and the way that it is well detailed but for one have you taken loads of tourght i do not think that you have. this is becuase loads of people are starting to play this game and they will find the game really hard if you keep robbing there banks. this would not be a fair way ro play the game and the amount that you have suggested and were and who gets robbed is stupid. MAYBE if they make it so that they added a job to do this but it could only be done once every 2 days or sumthing like that then yeah, i say this becuase i am considering the amount of money that you get and the xp. You have to make sure that you see it from a noobies point of view not just for the level 50's re think the idea and maybe yes if it was an actuall job. but if you are only thinking about bandits and stuff like that then you are leaving other classes out and that really is not that fair. Bandits make $4,000 and workers make nothing close to $300. please re think this

Now I wouldn't go so far as to call theft stupid. From your tone it appears as though your opposition has resulted from the very serious possibility of absolute destitution. If your argument has resulted from a negative disposition toward the notion of being robbed....then you need to brighten up, because you can rob them back, you see. Just like in the real world! Someone takes your watch, you take someone elses! Crime was a very significant and prevalent aspect of the west, i find it perplexing that it has not yet been implemented. Whether it makes you happy or not, or the extent of the "fairness" has no relevance in the argument. If this game prioritizes realism then, quite simply, this should be implemented; obviously not in the manner described here, there are clear issues present.

DeletedUser

yep those are more Cannot's. i did not wanted to think much about it to smallest details since most ideas get rejected by the dev.
and your total posts=1.

well as i said before... i posted a similar idea on another forum for the west from another country

DeletedUser

ohh in another country forum
-----

i like the idea i don;t care which way it is put in just want it in game.
broghamzvatox way is good. i just want it in game.

DeletedUser

Ok i didn't read the entire essay,but in general i love new ideas and fun things to do that do NOT involve quests,pfffftt... i am sick of questing LOL.

So already a thumbs up on your idea but with a caveat,the reward must be proportional to the risk.In the old west getting caught robbing banks often meant getting hanged right there on the spot.

So either the reward much be much smaller or the penalty much higher (ie get locked up for 2 weeks real time or longer)

DeletedUser24160

I agree with Saltin
The higher the level of the bank the heavier the penalty
Do you think theyll implement this?

DeletedUser24160

This is entirely a question of realism. Obviously we can't hang the aggressors if they're caught. And since we can't hang the aggressors and balance the risk with the victims; we shouldn't permit the aggressors to get away with all the money. I'd like to maintain a reward that is as large as possible; for a robber does not enter a bank with the intention of acquiring just a portion of the funds possible......unless time is an issue.

Therefore I propose this addition
:
The more time spent within the bank the greater the risk and the greater the funds acquired. The risk is always a probability; a probability that is diminished with skill and increased with the skill of the town sheriff. The funds acquired is always a solid percentage.

1 minute: 20% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
2 minutes: 40% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
3 minutes: 60% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
4 minutes: 80% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures
5 minutes: 100% of money; risk is dependent on skill and preventive measures

If caught, the punishment should be indefinite imprisonment; until your town-mates bust you out of prison--which can be done by any town-mate that possess dynamite. Two days must be spent in prison, with no possibility of escape. The probability of escaping from prison should increase over time after 48hours. Perhaps 5 percentage points every day, starting at 5% on the 3rd day.

But i thinkthis is better lol

DeletedUser21689

I like this idea a lot. However the down sides are. Soldiers would be in great demand and you would find that they would have to rotate in the town so as not to leave it unguarded. You would also find that the target town would have duels coming out of there ears to k-o any soldiers that were there before any bank job. The soldiers may not like the idea that they could not go to work when they wished. Unless there was a sign up to guard the town job. If that was the case, you may have to make that job a non-duelling time for soldiers, so they couldn't be duelled. However if that was the case the pay they receive would come from the town treasury. You could also allow a posse to help from other towns, which in turn would leave them vulnerable to attack. The robbers identities could be anonymous so no-one would know who did it. If you clicked on there personel profile it would show blank, and could show asleep on there profile while the robbery is in progress. If you couldn't attract enough soldiers to your town, you could hire, at the towns expense, troops from outside. This however would practically cripple whoever was in charge of making sure the town was constantly guarded.

DeletedUser

I like this idea a lot. However the down sides are. Soldiers would be in great demand and you would find that they would have to rotate in the town so as not to leave it unguarded. You would also find that the target town would have duels coming out of there ears to k-o any soldiers that were there before any bank job. The soldiers may not like the idea that they could not go to work when they wished. Unless there was a sign up to guard the town job. If that was the case, you may have to make that job a non-duelling time for soldiers, so they couldn't be duelled. However if that was the case the pay they receive would come from the town treasury. You could also allow a posse to help from other towns, which in turn would leave them vulnerable to attack. The robbers identities could be anonymous so no-one would know who did it. If you clicked on there personel profile it would show blank, and could show asleep on there profile while the robbery is in progress. If you couldn't attract enough soldiers to your town, you could hire, at the towns expense, troops from outside. This however would practically cripple whoever was in charge of making sure the town was constantly guarded.

That sounds probable.

It is not necessary to have a town defense job.

All of the town members possess a weapon; all of the town members have a vested interest in maintaining the safety of the town; all of the town members, if present within the town, will serve to defend it from robbers (if they know that robbers are present within the town).

Thus, the defenders must first catch the robbers in the act then the gun battle commences. Once a gun battle ensues within the town the robbers are almost certainly screwed, since the victim town would usually have the advantage in number. Although, we should not attach a limitation on the number of people that can get involved in robbing a bank (watch Fil of Dollars).

Status
Not open for further replies.