Rejected Robbing banks & Criminality

Shall Robbing Banks and Criminal Elements be brought to the West?

• Yes,

Votes: 58 65.2%
  • No,

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

if sticking to the original idea only 5 members can take part as attacker. and i think the sleepers cann't take part and only once doing nothing can take part which are most of the time very few. and robing something an robber must be lucky to be successful.

DeletedUser

Haven't read all 10 pages however if one member of the robber party falls (passes out - whatever), then all robber members should fail to collect any $$ even if they make it out.

DeletedUser

australian warlord i see you got the basic idea and to be true i did not also read every post just the main stuff.
-------------
if one person falls the the % of money robbed should decrease be half and 2 pass out 1/3 money and 3 pass out no $$.

DeletedUser24160

This is a good idea but the penalty should be:
If caught, the punishment should be indefinite imprisonment; until your town-mates bust you out of prison--which can be done by any town-mate that possess dynamite. Two days must be spent in prison, with no possibility of escape. The probability of escaping from prison should increase over time after 48hours. Perhaps 5 percentage points every day, starting at 5% on the 3rd day.

off topic:
msingh are you indian?

DeletedUser

If caught, the punishment should be indefinite imprisonment; until your town-mates bust you out of prison--which can be done by any town-mate that possess dynamite.

I'm not sure that the game developers would like the idea of prohibiting players from playing. They'd be concerned about players leaving. As such that particular penalty isn't going to happen.

I'm not expressing a opinion for or against this proposal, however several alternative penalties might be losing some skill points or losing items in inventory.

DeletedUser

Cool idea just two guestions, 1:Ifyou are loged in the west can you control your person like in a fort battle? 2:Do you use fort guns or duling guns?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure that the game developers would like the idea of prohibiting players from playing. They'd be concerned about players leaving. As such that particular penalty isn't going to happen.

I'm not expressing a opinion for or against this proposal, however several alternative penalties might be losing some skill points or losing items in inventory.
use you weapon to take down the cop :D

DeletedUser

thats what i was thinking. you could duel npc to get free or use dynamite(if you have one)

DeletedUser

If caught, the punishment should be indefinite imprisonment; until your town-mates bust you out of prison--which can be done by any town-mate that possess dynamite. Two days must be spent in prison, with no possibility of escape. The probability of escaping from prison should increase over time after 48hours. Perhaps 5 percentage points every day, starting at 5% on the 3rd day.

I really appreciate how you just copied a portion of my post--word for word--and got the ball rolling again in this thread. :p

I'm just beginning to think that this idea is far too complicated to implement. How did they manage to get the fort battles figured out. If they can program that, this shouldn't be too difficult.

DeletedUser

they should really consider this thread since it had stayed alive for 7 months(started 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM)

Deleted User - 1278415

This is a good idea... however it has a lot going on in 11 pages, and ideas are re-posted and rethought out through the pages.

I will need to clean this idea up some and then we can have a poll on it in a few days to determine the future of this well thought out idea.

DeletedUser

I've already said why I'm against and noone wants to think about it.
Everyone will buy products and the town bank will lose it's purpose.

Deleted User - 1278415

Joxer... Im considering putting this to a vote only because the number of people who "were" saying this would be a good idea. I think it is a good interesting idea.

I really question on how it would be implemented into the current game.

Like the part about getting a house. We dont have any houses in this game already existing. So that is a new element. I'd almost say the town as a whole would donate $5000 to attack another town.

As for the element of surprise, that would be needed for a bank robbery... doesn't seem fair. I would think the town would need to be given warning that "The James Gang is headed your way he might be trying to knock over your bank in the next 12 hours. You should telegram the sheriff!"

As organized as the original idea may have been, it is a mess throughout the pages. Looks like fentom worked on it and changed the first post... up to early Feb, but then there are more idea modifications later on.

I see a lot of positive features for the attackers... but little negative for them other than failing or how the defending town benefits from a failed robbery other than having staff that were able to protect the town.

Whats the purpose of all the job titles... vs the defenders... do they need to have a leader, lookout, chaser, marksman, bank guard.. and do they need to bring products with them too? Or is it only 5 guys vs 5 defenders or a town of 50 (hypothetically)? I'd say that is kind of limiting or self defeating.

Also I'd like to see the robbers bringing 1/2 of their buy in money with them and if they fail then they drop their buyin money & any money on hand goes to participating town defenders.

DeletedUser

The idea is very good.Is it implemented?
I see that the last post is old ... that is why I'm asking

DeletedUser24160

I would like to see a heavier punishment
They'll Get Jailed If They fail
and they wont be free for 2 months
Or
A town member can Bring Dynamite And Set them free

DeletedUser

It would certainly give a motivation for players to pick the dueler class... Maybe duelers could have bonuses for robs.

DeletedUser

It would certainly give a motivation for players to pick the dueler class... Maybe duelers could have bonuses for robs.

Good idea, since duelers aren't good for anything. :p

I think I'll make a new thread on this subject, and include the contributions of this thread.

Deleted User - 1278415

no I'm working cleaning up this 1 idea.. give me a few days to cleanup some posts. Dont open another thread for the same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.