Roadmap 2011 Feedback

DeletedUser

Just allowing your motivation to go over 100% WOULD allow a further bonus, and that would be overpowered. Use 14 cigarettes for ~200% motivation and you'll get double XP and cash from all jobs, and just 1 more after every hour you work would keep it at 200%. Use 20 liquorice to get 400% motivation and get a guaranteed item drop every one hour job, and use 1 cigarette per hour to keep it there. The formula would have to be changed.

And cutting board, tinderboxes, canteens, knives in some recipes, etc. That applies to a lot of usable items as well. A bayonet can only be used once? A travel bag? Ten travel bags will cut your travel time 65%? It seems like that many would slow you down, not make you faster.

Elmyr you misread my post. I said specifically " If they set it so you can't add further bonuses once you're over 100% then that would probably make it worthwhile to get the chewing tobacco without making anything too overpowered."

In other words if you were at 100% motivation or less you could boost your work motivation over 100% by consuming either a cigarette or a chewing tobacco but once it was over 100% you wouldn't be able to boost it any further. so the max you could get with a cigarette would be 107% while you could get 125% max with chewing tobacco.

I'm not wedded to the idea that motivation over 100% should apply an additional bonus but I don't think at 125% max with the current cost/time to produce a single chewing tobacco that this is overpowered. Even without an additional bonus it would still solve the problem of chewing tobacco being inefficient, although I think you'd still have to lower the cost of producing chewing tobacco somewhat.

DeletedUser

Elmyr you misread my post. I said specifically " If they set it so you can't add further bonuses once you're over 100% then that would probably make it worthwhile to get the chewing tobacco without making anything too overpowered."

I didn't misread your post, you misread mine.

Just allowing your motivation to go over 100% WOULD allow a further bonus, and that would be overpowered.

WOULD is in caps to stress that allowing motivation to go over 100% WOULD be overpowered unless they changed the formula to apply a ceiling to motivation. If you make a change to allow motivation to go over 100% you have to make a completely separate change to the job formulas.

DeletedUser

I didn't misread your post, you misread mine.

WOULD is in caps to stress that allowing motivation to go over 100% WOULD be overpowered unless they changed the formula to apply a ceiling to motivation. If you make a change to allow motivation to go over 100% you have to make a completely separate change to the job formulas.

Of course if you simply remove the part of your reply that shows you misread my post then yeah of course it doesn't sound like you misread it. Your example states something that couldn't happen with the change I suggested:

"Use 14 cigarettes for ~200% motivation and you'll get double XP and cash from all jobs, and just 1 more after every hour you work would keep it at 200%. Use 20 liquorice to get 400% motivation and get a guaranteed item drop every one hour job, and use 1 cigarette per hour to keep it there. The formula would have to be changed"

So yes you definitely misread my post. Those examples would not be possible since I clearly stated that once over 100% motivation you couldn't get any further boosts to motivation. Putting in a new cap on work motivation would not be necessary. All you'd have to do is make it so that once motivation is over 100% you can't boost it any further by consuming further crafted products. There is a current cap to motivation, which is 100% so in fact raising the cap is worse than what i suggested because that would mean that you could simply sleep or rest to get to more than 100% motivation and we'd be right back where we started as regards our cigarettes vs chewing tobacco problem.

Regardless, it is not the case that you need some radical change to the jobs formula if you think 125% work motivation is too overpowered. You can simply make it so that the motivation in the jobs formula is not allowed to exceed 100%. That means your motivation could be recorded as over 100% but in the jobs formula all amounts over 100% would simply be changed to 100%. So you could essentially work several hours in a row at 100% motivation until your motivation dropped to 100% or less and then you could consume more products to boost it back over again. That on it's own would probably make the chewing tobacco worth the purchase without making it overpowered.

DeletedUser

Again all of your suggestions are to make you rich in your crafting rather than adding anything to the game.Motivation system is fine the way it is.

DeletedUser

Again all of your suggestions are to make you rich in your crafting rather than adding anything to the game.Motivation system is fine the way it is.

If by "all" you mean the one suggestion I made, yes of course I'm going to point out problems that I encounter in the game and endeavor to seek a solution. We encounter problems when we try to succeed. Solving those problems should mean having greater success. So I'm really not sure what your point is. I'm not criticizing the motivation system. I'm seeking a solution for a flaw in the design of the crafting system. You apparently didn't bother to read that far back (ie. one page) or you'd know that. The problem is that cigarettes for peddlers are the best product they can produce currently and much better than chewing tobacco which requires a lot more time to make and requires a crafting level of 250. If you think that there's no need to fix that then we really have nothing to talk about.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure why is the idea of motivation change discussed here - it is not a part of The Roadmap.

Please (re)post new ideas in the Ideas section on this forum.

DeletedUser

Town Customization/Window Customization

Howdy!
You mention customizable towns and a new look on both the town and the whole game?

I seem to be missing this! Is it just me, do I need an update, or has it not happened yet?

:hmf:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The new town layout is planned for the future updates, there's also a pic on devblog without details. But we know that there will be some new buildings, that you'll place buildings on spots (like in farming clones) and that some buildings will probably boost something for townmembers! That something is not skills, we can only assume it's some low percentage of cash or XP gain.
When it'll be added to the game? Don't expect it soon, I bet it has the lowest priority of all things that are coming and is probably designed to support speed (nonnuggets but subscriptin) worlds which will have an endgame&worldrestart. Don't ever forget that the west game is still version 1.

DeletedUser

Just wondering if there will eventually be any PvE elements added to the game....maybe version 2.00?

DeletedUser

Aside from duel NPCs and quest duels... I don't think so.
Also a possibility of fort fight against NPCs is probably not coming.
There will be added however another minigame! No, I don't know details what it'll look like. All I know is what Zet said on the blog: "a new multiplayer event thing similar to fort battles".

Version 2.0... Man, I just can't wait to see it.

DeletedUser

These changes sound pretty cool! :)

Randomised Items
"Existing items, new and unique items can be found or created with random bonuses. This will generate a far greater diversity of equipment."

Does this mean that I may get/create some already existing clothes/items/weapons I´ve always liked (grey bowler hat for instance) with different bonuses?
So if I created/got for instance grey bowler hat (original bonuses: +1 Charisma +11 Trading), I may get a similar looking hat (grey bowler hat) but with different stats? (If I wanted to use this hat while dueling, maybe +1 Dexterity and +11 shooting for instance).

This would be cool and would also add more depth to the game. I think that clothing is a serious factor for my character, but it isn´t good to use some good looking items/clothes/weapons while duelling for instance, because of their stats... :D

DeletedUser

"New Map
A new map will be created, based upon the real US topography. Jobs will be zoned and location dependant to reflect where different types of work would be available in the real Old West. Multiple jobs will be available from more sparse "works" locations."

If this is going to happen then it needs to happen in conjunction with the ability to see ALL JOBS on the map so people can make informed decisions about where to found a town based on the way they play etc. So there needs to be a button or option or something somewhere to allow you to view all job locations on that you can turn on/off - this would be very useful even without this change, but becomes basically essential if changing the map in this fashion.

DeletedUser

The one thing that worries me and I know it's been mentioned a lot is "Duels also cost more health points." The problem I see to that is ranged duelers will be at a disadvantage (unless it will somehow be implemented to also take in account the max hp of both players). More than that soliders would gain an extra advantage over all the other classes since they have the HP bonus.

DeletedUser9470

The one thing that worries me and I know it's been mentioned a lot is "Duels also cost more health points." The problem I see to that is ranged duelers will be at a disadvantage (unless it will somehow be implemented to also take in account the max hp of both players). More than that soliders would gain an extra advantage over all the other classes since they have the HP bonus.

as ranged has extra SPs on aim from the APs put in dexterity, maybe you could put those extra SPs into HP which would then make up exactly the hp "advantage" vigor duelists have?
lol

DeletedUser

Talked before thinking again neo. Even if I would put my spare aim sp into HP it wouldn't make up for the extra hp soliders have. Also as a dueler i don't have 150 sp to spare like the 150 ap that would count towards hp if put in strength.

DeletedUser16008

Id like to say it wont happen.... or aim dodge tanks will then be the new god and be able to duel and do forts better than anyone else, wont that be fun ?

i think theres a long term agenda geared towards buying nuggets, probably going to be crafting related and your ability will be down to the deeper your pockets the better dueler or fort fighter you shall be ... its the only thing left for inno to milk a bit more before the game implodes through disinterest and people leaving.

DeletedUser9470

Talked before thinking again neo. Even if I would put my spare aim sp into HP it wouldn't make up for the extra hp soliders have. Also as a dueler i don't have 150 sp to spare like the 150 ap that would count towards hp if put in strength.

LOL stop embarrassing yourself!
your initial wine:
The one thing that worries me and I know it's been mentioned a lot is "Duels also cost more health points." The problem I see to that is ranged duelers will be at a disadvantage

so now you saying that your initial whine isnt actually what you are talking about?

hitting harder doesnt change anything between ranged and melee.
ranged is still overpowered
a level 120 dext build has 120 extra sps on aim, a level 120 strength build has 120 extra sps on hp. its not hard to understand.
so stop whining for nothing.

DeletedUser

First it's not a whine it's an opinion. If anyone is whining around here you're been doing it at every corner. Second my point still stands. Yes I have more aim but my hp is under 2000 inmost worlds and any half decent dueler will hit me for 200+ per hit. More with buffs which aren't hard to come by any way. Hitting harder will change something. It'll take a lot less hits to Kill a ranged dueler. A melee dueler with all 120 ap in str will have 1200 more HP than melee duelers. A melee solider dueler with 120 ap in str will have 1800 HP more than ranged duelers or 600hp more than any melee duelers of other classes. Who will gain the most from making HP count more? The ones with the most hp of course. Hence melee duelers and melee solider duelers.