Roadmap 2011 Feedback

DeletedUser9470

First it's not a whine it's an opinion. If anyone is whining around here you're been doing it at every corner. Second my point still stands. Yes I have more aim but my hp is under 2000 inmost worlds and any half decent dueler will hit me for 200+ per hit. More with buffs which aren't hard to come by any way. Hitting harder will change something. It'll take a lot less hits to Kill a ranged dueler. A melee dueler with all 120 ap in str will have 1200 more HP than melee duelers. A melee solider dueler with 120 ap in str will have 1800 HP more than ranged duelers or 600hp more than any melee duelers of other classes. Who will gain the most from making HP count more? The ones with the most hp of course. Hence melee duelers and melee solider duelers.

in which case take points from your aim and put them into hp, that way you will have the same aim and hp a strength build has.
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

To be honest I don't think HP comes into it much anymore, ok full stregnth can do a few more duels in a day but with the now aim/dodge build you get hit a lot less so less damage received, by a big margin over before update.

DeletedUser

true enough. although from my experience not many chose to invest sp in hp when they go ranged.
but to make you feel better soldiers would gain another advantage throwing them out of balance

DeletedUser9470

true enough. although from my experience not many chose to invest sp in hp when they go ranged.

why is that? maybe hp isnt that important in dueling?

i duel all day and i start at 2300 hp
whats the point in having any more?

makes soldier hp bonus for dueling slightly redundant. dont you think?
so in that sense, please go ahead and nerf soldiers as hp bonus is really only useful in forts.

but

if a melee wants to go down aim/dodge road they cannot compete with the extra sps ranged get on aim.

where can you put APs in a melee aim/dodge build that encompasses 2 important skills(ie aim/dodge/vigor)?
nowhere.
which is why the charisma build evened out the playing field.

now that there is a new dueling god build rather than a level playing field everyone will go god build route. why be a duelist if you are out there to lose duels?

and best of aim dodge is ranged by far.(120 extra SPs on aim/dodge at level 120 is huge)

and now that is the best build by a mile, soldiers bonus is redundant as well.

at level 120 a ranged duelist shows 300 aim and 300 dodge.
that is impossible to beat.
the only way that build is beaten is luck, stance luck and server luck.
which is a nonsense.

we were told that the new dueling system was to even out the playing field because resist and charisma was overpowered.
so they made ranged overpowered.
makes perfect sense!
:blink:

it is obvious that what we are told and what really is are 2 different things.
and that is the major issue with this game.
if they go ahead with updates that improve the game without listening to us then fair enough, but, pretending to implement improvements and then do the opposite... i dont understand.

DeletedUser

For future roadmaps, can we vote on which features we want the most? The features with the highest votes would be prioritized by the devs and this makes for happy players. :D

DeletedUser

I would've thought that things from 2010 would've been first to code, but apparently the devs like doing things out of order......

DeletedUser16008

I would've thought that things from 2010 would've been first to code, but apparently the devs like doing things out of order......

I think maybe its singular not plural for the word Dev since zet was moved.;)

DeletedUser

Sure! I mean, if you really have nothing to bring to the table, like enlightening us on how the dev goes about picking an idea to implement.....:p

DeletedUser31022

I'd like to see an updated Roadmap seeing as how 2011 is almost over. And why is it that half the things listed haven't shown up? No point dating your map if you don't stick to the timeline. Would be better to just call it a list of things that might come......eventually lol

One more thing...

Randomised Items
Existing items, new and unique items can be found or created with random bonuses. This will generate a far greater diversity of equipment.

I would really like to see this cause I've found that when I do the same jobs I find the same items! On W15 I do Silver Mining and in a four hour period I will find a Fine Grey Belt then in a few days I'll do that job again just to find another Fine Grey Belt. I have sold at least 5 of those belts and have another 2 or 3 in my inventory just cause I haven't gotten around to selling them. That seems to be the only item other than Silver that I can find in that location.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

I would really like to see this cause I've found that when I do the same jobs I find the same items! On W15 I do Silver Mining and in a four hour period I will find a Fine Grey Belt then in a few days I'll do that job again just to find another Fine Grey Belt. I have sold at least 5 of those belts and have another 2 or 3 in my inventory just cause I haven't gotten around to selling them. That seems to be the only item other than Silver that I can find in that location.

i agree with everything you say except this^^^

randomising only makes it harder to get what you want.
at least with the current system you can target drops with a specific amount of LPs

randomising and you could be on the game for years without ever getting what you want.
at least now you can get what you want.

DeletedUser

I'm not a fan of the randomizing idea anyway. I don't miss the days before everything stacked in inventory at all. I'd rather have one stack of 10 useless fine grey belts than 10 individual differently useless fine grey belts. That'll be even more true when the horrible new inventory layout gets here. I guess I can get used to searching, but I'd rather remember what page regularly equipped items are on than search.

DeletedUser31022

So are you saying that I can go and do every job and make a list of what drops then when others need things I can say go do this and they'll have a chance of getting what they want?

Or just follow the reports for things like Slippers and if I do a job that someone reported getting that item then I can do it and I'll have a better chance instead of another job that has same luck?

DeletedUser

So are you saying that I can go and do every job and make a list of what drops then when others need things I can say go do this and they'll have a chance of getting what they want?

Or just follow the reports for things like Slippers and if I do a job that someone reported getting that item then I can do it and I'll have a better chance instead of another job that has same luck?

Drops are random...

Random items = random bonuses for items.

DeletedUser31022

Drops are random...

Random items = random bonuses for items.

If drops are random then why am I getting the same items dropped from the same jobs?
I'm sure there's more than 1 item I can get with $99-$297 luck in that job. That doesn't seem very random.

DeletedUser

If drops are random then why am I getting the same items dropped from the same jobs?

You might find a lot of one item on one job, but there is no possible way that every single drop is the same item. If it is, it's an enormous coincidence, because I've never even come remotely close to experiencing that.

DeletedUser9470

drops are in relation to your LPs on a job
the luck in a report corresponds to an amount of money.
that amount determines the value of the drops you will get and thus you can change that by adding or reducing the amount of LPs you have on that job.
some jobs only drop certain things.