Roadmap 2011 Feedback

DeletedUser

Well i dont like some above changes as i have mentioned before, but you learn to live with it, its a game and im here for the fun , also i still see no re-work for maneuvers? :blink:

DeletedUser

dueling non duelers made easy

I have just read the road map it sounds very exciting lots of new toys to play with :cool:
However making it easy for duelers to target non duelers is gonna muck the whole game up :(
as it is getting targeted and losing hp means having to waste valuable time sleeping to recover so you can imaging what the changes are going to do it:mad: If you are going to do that then could you perhaps introduce a saftey system for low levels and minimum member towns to protect them otherwise everyone will change to dueling and screw the whole game up or they will leave :(:(

DeletedUser30997

Isn't it amazing how only COWARDS who have the habit of attacking ONLY workers and much lower level players like the new 48 hours block lift ?

I have a character on many worlds, most of them on romanian worlds. I have 2 duelers, 1 soldier, 1 worker and 1 adventurer. For duelers and the duel-oriented soldier, lifting the 48 hours isn't so bad since I'm damn good. But for my worker it's the worst thing that could ever happen.

I guess people who attack workers don't have the brains to think that THE TOWN FROM WHICH THEY BOUGHT EQUIPMENT AND WHERE THEY REST WAS BUILT BY WORKERS !!!

Remove the duel block and voilla ! No more chances to do any jobs or to build the town. What's next ? As someone said before, dying and starting all over again ?

DeletedUser9470

Isn't it amazing how only COWARDS who have the habit of attacking ONLY workers and much lower level players like the new 48 hours block lift ?

I have a character on many worlds, most of them on romanian worlds. I have 2 duelers, 1 soldier, 1 worker and 1 adventurer. For duelers and the duel-oriented soldier, lifting the 48 hours isn't so bad since I'm damn good. But for my worker it's the worst thing that could ever happen.

I guess people who attack workers don't have the brains to think that THE TOWN FROM WHICH THEY BOUGHT EQUIPMENT AND WHERE THEY REST WAS BUILT BY WORKERS !!!

Remove the duel block and voilla ! No more chances to do any jobs or to build the town. What's next ? As someone said before, dying and starting all over again ?

Im a builder hitter and I am totally agaisnt this new 48 hour ko removal!
assaid in previous posts had you read them
u might also know, had you read the posts, that diggo has kindly pointed out that this 48 hour ko is unlikely to be implemented. which is a relief for us duellers
:D
I much prefer to spend my time koing builders rather than spend it defending from a million incoming duels...

LOL i love this comment:
the workers in my town are very safe
theyre like poisonous shrooms. you touch one, you pass out a couple of hours down the line...
XD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, Diggo, the only thing that´ll be implemented are job injury increase and probably poker, right? Crafting and randomised items would be nice too.

DeletedUser

more quests that produces more skill points allowing you to do the higher spec jobs thats been introduced....nothing challenging since the golden set

DeletedUser25233

Poker: great, but be careful to create a game that can't be abused if it's for in-game cash (do people in a town know each other in real life? Will they call/txt each other saying what they've got in their hands? This would make the game unfair for people in the game just trying to enjoy it for what it is at face-value). Perhaps you could have one lot of poker with very careful controls (can't see a way around what I just suggested, but maybe you can think of something) for in-game cash, and another game of poker for something unimportant in the game (like 'poker chips', for example, which can't be sold or used for anything else).

HP/dying chances : it’s fair that people should hurt themselves more, and more often during work, but 1) I hope it’s only a bit more of each, and 2)I heard something (might’ve just been a rumour), that the piles of job-drop products we stack up in our largely useless (although admittedly pretty, in a hoarding kind of way) inventories, are actually useful – you put certain ones in your product slot during work to cut down on work-injury/work-injury chance. For example, what’s that job where you can get a damage report of ‘blazing hot sun today, you lose 3 damage points’? I’ve a feeling that if you put a glass of water in your product slot, you avoid that… Of course I could be completely making that up, but it does add a little complexity, which is kinda nice. The only frustrating thing is putting a glass of water in your product slot when you wanted/needed to put something useful for lp in there, like the walking stick. Anyway… enhancing/improving this element of the game would be interesting. Would you just tell people what products they need to avoid which injuries? Maybe it’d be a bit more fun for people to work it out for themselves (I imagine a job report like this: The paddle steamer is breaking in half and sinks. You have a lasso equipped however, and manage to lasso a tree on the riverbank and pull yourself ashore through the current without any injury. A salmon has swum down your shirt!). But perhaps they should at least be told that such a system is in operation so they know to look for solutions in the first place..?
If Neo’s right, and the duel-block lift really will protect people from worker-killers, then go for it, but I just haven’t been able to get my head around how that could be true. Maybe I’m just a paranoid worker, but it seems like even if the new duelling system does advantage workers a bit more (comparatively to the system as it is now), the duellers will still find a way of working it in their favour through some strategy or other, and once that happens, the 48hour KO duel-block removal will be a negative thing for me and other non-duel-inclined people.

New duel system: interesting idea. Could perhaps make things fairer in some ways? I hope it keeps the framework of the existing system in a way, mostly so I don’t have to learn a complicated new system! Perhaps some elements of the existing system can be simplified, and some can be expanded on/added to. I like the higher-dueling-level=more rounds idea. Generally, I like the attack-action and movement-action ideas, although I’m a little alarmed from the point of view that, as a non-dueller, I don’t devote much brain power to how-to-get-the-most-out-of-my-duels, and duellers obviously will devote their brain power to this, and this means they’ve got even more advantages in a complex system!! (This isn’t really a problem, except for people who get duelled who’d prefer not to take part in the duelling element of the game. For people who are into duelling, it makes the game more fun). At this point, I’d like to make another short plug for my ‘introduce a class of character that can’t ever duel or be duelled’. There are issues with this idea (kindly pointed out to me by TJ Tuttle and Neo), but from the amount of feedback here indicating people’s dislike of being duelled, I feel it might be worth the dev.s time finding a way to make it work.
The current dueling skills will be less important for the hitting chance and damage calculation
– what will be more important in this area?
… but they will be more important for the dueling actions
– I’m confused. Big time. Sorry Neo, putting it in big red letters just wasn’t enough for my confused little brain. I had a bit of an inkling of where you were going, but eventually decided I need a comprehensive explanation (preferably using small words and lots of examples :p). It seems to me that I might not be the only one around here who needs that…

Towns: unlimited building levels – good idea if it is subject to the law of diminishing returns. I don’t mind buildings deteriorating a bit over time (it’d be a great ‘levelling’ influence in the game, ha ha), but would prefer it not to affect the buildings until they’re 2 levels away from completion or greater, and preferably nothing under level 5.

Higher Character Class bonuses: idea as described sounds good.

Newspaper: I like it. But if I bid to put something in the paper and it’s not printed, I’ll be after the editor’s blood if they don’t give me my money back…

Crafting: if this element of the game is designed carefully, it could certainly add enjoyment for people who enjoy puzzle and building elements in games – getting their special item just right could be rewarding, and if you can design what it looks like too, that would be good for the artistic sorts.

New Screen design: as with everything, it’s a case of ‘you can’t please all the people all the time.’ Some people like the slightly quaint look of the game. I do – but I also might enjoy something a bit prettier/less monotonous/simplistic. As for redesigning the buttons and their whereabouts on the screen, that will probably a positive thing if done sensibly (you could perhaps make some elements of the screen customisable, so as different people can enjoy it different ways).

Content Balancing: sounds good if done carefully.

Town Customisation: sounds excellent! I want to put tons of trees and parks in and around my town, and I want to design how my residences look, and the shape of the church’s bell-tower, and the paint scheme and colour of the Saloon. And I want to put moving cats, dogs, birds, horses, horse-drawn carriages in there, and I don’t mind paying in-game cash for all that. I also like the layout-gives-advantages/disadvantages idea.

Randomised Items: sounds good. The difficulty with unique items, if they’re like a ‘best’ item, such as the Golden Set items, is that you really only want a few of them to exist, but that seems unfair for the people who don’t get them, especially for the people who might want to start playing The West for the first time after they’ve already been grabbed up. So perhaps the unique items should be good, but not ‘best’. Maybe getting unique items (each with a person’s name attached? as in ‘Wyatt Earp’s colt buntline’) gives you kudos points? (Useless, but nice to have as a stat. – I bet JoxerTM wouldn’t approve, but I’d probably spend some enjoyable game time chasing a few kudos points). Having a far greater diversity of equipment is probably a good thing.

New Map: are all these changes only going to be implemented on a new map? I like a lot of these new ideas, and although having a new map sounds like a good idea, it be a shame to miss out on them if I decide I’m busy enough just playing in one world (which is what I currently do). As for the idea of basing it on the real Wild West, that sounds cool, although having, for example, only Hunting Buffalo on the western side of the map, might be a bit of a drag for people on the eastern side. Perhaps you could have certain key desirable jobs scattered evenly throughout (as now), and additional special jobs at certain locations (and/or at certain times – good idea if the newspaper advertises this I think). I liked the idea on this thread of a railroad/stagecoach for quicker travel (and it could also give new jobs, products, quests etc. etc.).

Character Customisation: great idea.

DeletedUser

more quests that produces more skill points allowing you to do the higher spec jobs thats been introduced....nothing challenging since the golden set

Yep! Longer and harder quest lines. And more rewarding. And quests that will only be avaible after level 85/90. As the last quests begins at level 75. And after your done with all of them, there aren´t much to do after that, I like the quest lines that have nearly 10/6 quests in them.

DeletedUser

Poker (1.31)
Cool idea. Could you devolop Blackjack? you could also allow players to bet objects, whilst limiting cheating possibilities, like using a top betting limit, and blocking on-game chats.

Health points and dying chances
I think this is a nice idea since after you get a nice number if LP on a job, hurt values are nearly nill. I think the dueling block should be extended to 72hrs, but with the drawback that if you pass-out during a job, you could lose items won from the last work session. an example would be that if your mining silver and get KO'd, the attacker could also find the four gold you got on the last job.

New Duel System
i think new weapons are needed. Also, forts could have shops, that builders improve to give a little weapon bonus.

Towns
The town buildings could offer new items as they are built, and forts could have some buildings as well to improve (Slightly) weapons. When they say !(minimal advantages), it sounds like your undermining the building class. If you are going to let players customize almost everything, could you let builders open the way? :)

Higher Character Class Bonuses
Love this idea!!

Newspaper
Build build build!!! The higher the level, the cheaper to bid.

For 2011:

Crafting
Nice :)

New Screendesign
Job inter-action in the background.

Content (Balancing)
More Quests!!! Lots and lots! hidden, with reqs. come one come all!

Town Customisation
Build build build!

Randomised Items
:)

New Map
Please make it smaller. If it is too big, it's too boring. and if it's under populated, it really sucks...

Character Customisation
Shop shop shop!!! Build build build.

PS: The WEST 4 mobile phone??? When?

DeletedUser

I don't like that more building are being added just so that your city will gain more points. Let it be as it is now. It's much better.

Let the duelling-system be as before, no changes please.

Poker sounds nice!

DeletedUser

So do you have to get poker cards to play poker, because the poker cards are autionable

DeletedUser

I´m looking forward to the dueling change! :)

But pls, keep the duel block as it is. 48H. A more fun dueling system would be nice.

DeletedUser

And about the dueling level thing. Please change it so that you can´t be pwned by 20 levels higher guys. When I started dueling I had no idea what the dueling level was for. I tought it was that you had won many duels. I had no idea you could be pwned by 20-30 levels higher guys. In W Arizona I´m level 66 and got attacked by a level 100 dueler! I hate it!! :( :Oh my:

DeletedUser9470

And about the dueling level thing. Please change it so that you can´t be pwned by 20 levels higher guys. When I started dueling I had no idea what the dueling level was for. I tought it was that you had won many duels. I had no idea you could be pwned by 20-30 levels higher guys. In W Arizona I´m level 66 and got attacked by a level 100 dueler! I hate it!! :( :Oh my:

0% duelling pwns
XD

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, I also fell into this trap on my first dueling world. Believe me, I know how you feel but the system is very well thought out and only puts you at a disadvantage if you're inexperienced when it catches you unawares. I think we're both going to have to get over it.

DeletedUser

Poker (1.31) - Yes , well over due :laugh::laugh::laugh: 110%
Health points and dying chances - Well no one leaves for ever right and on the plus side will make adventurers bonus alittle more important :) 100% YES
New Duel System - For me having been here over a year im up for a spin on the sytem, so Yes, can't say im gonna love it, have to try it first :laugh:
Towns - Yes, 110%, I really can't wait for this 1, i'm mean and think this is a social game that should be played together, should kill all if not most 1 player towns. Bring it on !!!
Higher Character Class Bonuses - Yes, 110% :cool:
Newspaper - I like the idea, sounds good not really something i'll bother reading unles I got time to kill:)
Crafting - :cool::cool::cool: enough said
New Screendesign - Nothing wrong with the old one but if you got nothing better to do , i guess a fresh lick of paint can't hurt.
Content (Balancing) - Great potatoe's
Town Customisation - Awesome :cool::cool::cool: keep it rolling.
Randomised Items -
110% Yes please :D
New Map - I'm not keen on this idea at all, Booo thumbs down. I think this will push players into counties just for work. Boosting towns in thoughs area's.
Character Customisation - Truely Awesome :cool::cool::cool:

DeletedUser

Not a big fan of the unlimited building.Leave it as it is.Workers can still build forts and so on.

The other thing is the layout itself.I like it the way it is.Everyone has gotten used to it and knows it.However that's just me.

Everything else sounds good.Looking forward to playing poker.

DeletedUser20444

Any chance for a new quest / drop from a job ( grave robbers , work as a traveling merchant ) to get 2nd Key ?