Reduce recharge time after duel KO

DeletedUser36559

I've seen too many of these 'I've got dueled' threads it just a game, move on and forget about it.

DeletedUser

What kind of player puts bounties on ALLIANCE members i wonder

DeletedUser37117

I think there should be a reduction in the time it tales to regenerate after a duel KO, as 8 hours is to long - especialy as you may only have so much time in the day to play the actual game - so to that end i am suggesting a 2hour recharge time after a duel KO, duellers still get there way and players may actually get a chance to do something rather than have wasted days while recharging :rolleyes:

I don't so much have an issue with the amount of time. However; seeing as how there are different price amounts to sleep in a hotel, which gives you different HP/Energy refill; why not make them different times/prices? Them main thing that bugs me is the fact that you can not duel for 48 hours after getting knocked out on top of the (X) amount of time you have to sleep to recharge.:no:

DeletedUser

you can not duel for 48 hours after getting knocked out on top of the (X) amount of time you have to sleep to recharge.
It's not on top of the sleep time. The sleep time is included in the 48 hours. It is 48 hours from the second that you are knocked out. If you sleep for 8 hours, then you only have to wait a further 40 hours to fight back.

DeletedUser

I don't so much have an issue with the amount of time. However; seeing as how there are different price amounts to sleep in a hotel, which gives you different HP/Energy refill; why not make them different times/prices? Them main thing that bugs me is the fact that you can not duel for 48 hours after getting knocked out on top of the (X) amount of time you have to sleep to recharge.:no:

Also you only have to pay for foreign hotels. Sleeping in the hotel of your own town is free and you can sleep in any fort's barracks which is owned by (or even member I think) any town in your alliance. Further, you don't HAVE to sleep for the whole 8 hours (or 6 hours for forts). You cancel your sleep assignment at any time and you keep whatever health/energy you regained.

The 48 hour restriction is to protect non-duelers from losing HP and energy again and again. Imagine if you got dueled just as you finished healing after sleeping for 8 hours and you got KO'd again losing the entire health/energy that you spent 8 hours to get.

DeletedUser

Whoa lets mot have anyone making silly suggestions about getting rid of the 48hr protection

DeletedUser22685

Whoa lets mot have anyone making silly suggestions about getting rid of the 48hr protection

Why, so you can continue to abuse it by jobbing yourself to death every 48 hours? I can't see anything here that even remotely resembles a suggestion to remove the KO period, but now that you've brought it up, I think it's a great idea compared to the way it works now.

DeletedUser37117

It's not on top of the sleep time. The sleep time is included in the 48 hours. It is 48 hours from the second that you are knocked out. If you sleep for 8 hours, then you only have to wait a further 40 hours to fight back.

Oh only another 40 hours huh? :laugh: I could grow a beard in that amount of time.

DeletedUser

Why, so you can continue to abuse it by jobbing yourself to death every 48 hours? I can't see anything here that even remotely resembles a suggestion to remove the KO period, but now that you've brought it up, I think it's a great idea compared to the way it works now.

Seeing as how easy it is for people in a pure duel build to KO players in non-dueler build, especially in the earlier levels when the level scaling gear doesn't make that much of a difference and the default health is low enough, 48 hours seems ok to me. It does take 8 hours (or 6 by using fort) for a KO'd player to get back his energy and health which leaves him with 40 hours of safe play time out of which he will have to spend few more hours to sleep to regain energy. If it was something like 24 hours, players would only have about 16 hours which seems ok considering 100/150 energy, but a player may have to spend that 8 hours during his day time which may be the only time he can be online. It totally kills the online playing time unless the player uses an energy and health buff. With the 48 hour rule, at least he has the next day to play during his day time before he loses all his energy in a KO again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree. I DO 'job myself out' as I was sick and tired of the same people KOing me when I was trying to complete quests. I have no INTEREST in duelling. If I wanted to duel, I would reskill. As it is, I am set up to complete jobs, not duels. If the 'safety' was removed and it was possible for people to KO someone, wait until they had slept and refreshed themselves, then KO them again straight away then the game would become totally UNPLAYABLE! This would cause a LOT of people to just drop the game COMPLETELY - myself included. Because folks would just say, "What's the POINT? As soon as I finish my 8 hour sleep, they just KO me again. I sleep AGAIN and the KO me AGAIN. I've had enough."
I say let's leave it as it is. There are PLENTY of people for Duellers to fight, including other Duellers. (Although I know that they prefer to pick 'soft' targets who won't have any chance against them.)
I also agree that making it 24 hours would be a bad idea as - as stated above - taking the 8-hour sleep out of the equation, you are only left with 16 hours to get your work, quests etc. done.
So my vote, leave it as it is.

DeletedUser22685

Seeing as how easy it is for people in a pure duel build to KO players in non-dueler build, especially in the earlier levels when the level scaling gear doesn't make that much of a difference and the default health is low enough, 48 hours seems ok to me. It does take 8 hours (or 6 by using fort) for a KO'd player to get back his energy and health which leaves him with 40 hours of safe play time out of which he will have to spend few more hours to sleep to regain energy. If it was something like 24 hours, players would only have about 16 hours which seems ok considering 100/150 energy, but a player may have to spend that 8 hours during his day time which may be the only time he can be online. It totally kills the online playing time unless the player uses an energy and health buff. With the 48 hour rule, at least he has the next day to play during his day time before he loses all his energy in a KO again.

It's fine as a respite from bullying duellers, but it's been a long time since those have been a problem. The 48 hour feature is used almost exclusively these days as a means of avoiding being duelled altogether by obtaining the status through unrelated means, ie. the job system. It's been made apparent that the job KO bug will remain in-game indefinitely, so I'm in favour of anything that will reduce the effectiveness of said exploit, regardless of how petty that solution may be.

I agree. I DO 'job myself out' as I was sick and tired of the same people KOing me when I was trying to complete quests. I have no INTEREST in duelling. If I wanted to duel, I would reskill. As it is, I am set up to complete jobs, not duels. If the 'safety' was removed and it was possible for people to KO someone, wait until they had slept and refreshed themselves, then KO them again straight away then the game would become totally UNPLAYABLE! This would cause a LOT of people to just drop the game COMPLETELY - myself included. Because folks would just say, "What's the POINT? As soon as I finish my 8 hour sleep, they just KO me again. I sleep AGAIN and the KO me AGAIN. I've had enough."
I say let's leave it as it is. There are PLENTY of people for Duellers to fight, including other Duellers. (Although I know that they prefer to pick 'soft' targets who won't have any chance against them.)
I also agree that making it 24 hours would be a bad idea as - as stated above - taking the 8-hour sleep out of the equation, you are only left with 16 hours to get your work, quests etc. done.
So my vote, leave it as it is.

The game existed for years without job KOs, and that was when there was a far greater number of active duellers. People complained, but their complaints were always rebuffed by Inno saying that "duelling is a part of the game". They stated explicitly on a number of occasions that there would be no option to opt out of duelling. So the complaints were directed to town members instead, and that's how the original town wars started.

Now it's a different story. Not only have they inadvertently added that opt out button, but duelling is no longer a "part of the game". It's almost completely dead, and if you'd just try going a few days without being protected by a job KO, I'm sure you'll find that those duellers you're hiding from really aren't so much of a problem after all.

Players these days have always been able to avoid the duelling aspect of the game entirely. They don't know any different, and as such they don't understand that you're not supposed to be able to go about your daily job grinding without disruption from duellers. It was one of the most important dynamics of the game, and now its missing. Like so many other areas of the game at the moment, it's like easy mode has been activated permanently.

DeletedUser

I have to disagree on the point of there not being such a problem any longer. On World 1, there are a number of players who (when I did INDEED go about my daily chores without seeking protection) as SOON as my 48 hours were up, they duelled me and KO'D me.) I would heal up, go about my business then - once again - as soon as the 48 hours were up, "xxx Duelled you. xxx won the battle. You were KO'd."
On the odd occasion, I would survive and they would leave me alone and then come back the next day. Now I'll be honest with you...THAT I can kind of respect. Duel someone and move on to the next target, That's cool. But there are rising a small number of players on World 1 (I won't name any names) who duel you, wait EXACTLY 1 hour and then duel you AGAIN in the EXPLICIT HOPE of KO'ING you! This isn't just a one-off. These players do it all the TIME. I have heard from a number of people this has happened to. "I set my jobs up for 4 hours, only to find that xxx duelled me, then came back after 1 hour to FINISH me OFF!"
Now THAT kind of behaviour, I am NOT cool with. Stalking someone in the explicit hope that they haven't healed themselves in the 1 hour since you last duelled them is - in my opinion - unfair and not very sporting. Those who duel me and KO me the first time, they might be a pain in the bum, but they DO move ON if I SURVIVE. They don't camp out, counting down the SECONDS until the HOUR is UP!
If the job-protection is removed, fair enough as long as there is SOME protection when you ARE KO'd. If someone KO's me in a duel and I get my 48 hours, I have no complaint with that. The ONLY reason I have been 'jobbing it' is so that I am not KO'd right at a crucial time. (Like I have JUST activated a 'Ground Rocket Turtle Shell'. Which had happened.) I am only doing it so that I am KO'd on MY terms. Like I say, if the job-protection is removed, I'm cool with that though. I'll find some OTHER way to get it - like challenging someone to a duel on MY terms and getting KO'd THAT way. As long as it is on my terms, I will not be crying. :)

DeletedUser22685

Like I say, if the job-protection is removed, I'm cool with that though. I'll find some OTHER way to get it - like challenging someone to a duel on MY terms and getting KO'd THAT way. As long as it is on my terms, I will not be crying. :)

Exactly. I have no problem with players remaining under KO constantly; it's within the rules of the game and it's a smart survival strategy. What I can't agree with is the fact that getting KOed in a job can protect you from duels. Imagine if getting KOed in a duel prevented you from doing jobs for 48 hours, and then put yourself in a dueller's shoes.

I don't care what arguments anybody attempts to produce in favour of such a system, it's completely illogical no matter what way you look at it and anyone who advocates it is doing so with purely selfish motives.

I don't believe reducing the KO period would be a beneficial move in the long run and would never vote for such a suggestion under normal circumstances. However, the presence of job KOs in-game irks me to the extent that I would do anything to see their impact lessened.

DeletedUser

About as much as if you said if you were knocked out in a fort battle you could not do another fort battle for 48 hours. :)

If I remember correctly though, this thread was originally about shortening the heal time after a KO so that you got back to full energy/health quicker than 8 hours and not about changing the 48 hour protection mechanics.

DeletedUser22685

About as much as if you said if you were knocked out in a fort battle you could not do another fort battle for 48 hours. :)

As fort battle KOs don't already affect another unrelated aspect of the game the way jobs do, it's not comparable.

If I remember correctly though, this thread was originally about shortening the heal time after a KO so that you got back to full energy/health quicker than 8 hours and not about changing the 48 hour protection mechanics.

You're right, and my vote is a resounding no.

DeletedUser

I dont job KO anymore - i quit my town and have never been happier, having got away from an obsessed dueler (think they had a crush on me) and an alliance member not olnly putting bounties on me but my other half also - it`s fun roaming the plains with so little to worry you,

DeletedUser

I dont job KO anymore - i quit my town and have never been happier, having got away from an obsessed dueler (think they had a crush on me) and an alliance member not olnly putting bounties on me but my other half also - it`s fun roaming the plains with so little to worry you,
Pain in the bum when you have large amounts of cash to deposit though. 20% fees,

DeletedUser37031

I don't think the 48hour duel protection should be off as the game is now. The 48hour duel protection is the only thing that helps players that don't want to duel or are not skilled as duellers to still play the way they want. If it is going to be removed then they should change the job system as it used to be some time ago, when you had to have positive labour points to do the job. In that way all players that are skilled only for duelling wont be able to do anything else in the game. Now someone could be skilled as dueller and still do all jobs, quests at a high level.