Reduce recharge time after duel KO

DeletedUser36979

Removing the 48 hour protection would also remove a lot of players that are tired of the contant duels, especially from the ever annoying Zombies (0-mot duellers). I know I would take my money elsewhere

One thing I think should be implemented is no motivation, no work/building/duelling, instead of just removing experience and dollars

DeletedUser36559

Removing the 48 hr protection will simply allow the 0 mot duelers to thrive and cause others to drift away from the game.

DeletedUser

I am confused about the 'zero-mot-duelling'. If it covered elsewhere. forgive me, but since it is mentioned here, I thought I'd post.
What are the benefits of people duelling with zero-motivation?

DeletedUser

Zero-Mot-Dueling is zero motivation dueling.

Benefit is that at 0 motivation you do not gain duel experience for winning duels, therefore your duel level does not increase. You still get full cash from the person you defeat and bounties. You also do not gain regular experience which some zero motivation duelers would consider a negative others would not.

Dueling at 100% motivation gains full values for all items experience / cash / duel experience. This causes a players duel level to go up quite a bit higher than their character level and therefore places more limits on their dueling opponents.

DeletedUser

Ah. So - in a way - it's a bit of a cheat really, because in doing this, they can duel indefinitely and never get any higher, which would level them OUT of many duels. Hmmmm. Me no like.

DeletedUser22685

Ah. So - in a way - it's a bit of a cheat really, because in doing this, they can duel indefinitely and never get any higher, which would level them OUT of many duels. Hmmmm. Me no like.

Ugh. I thought we were done with this type of argument years ago. 0 mot duelling has been a prominent part of the game almost since its creation, so I honestly have no idea how you're just finding out about it now, but there is nothing you can say against it that hasn't already been said a dozen times and rebuked. It's a legitimate playstyle that manipulates a game feature so as to use it to its full potential.

Besides, any grounds non-duellers may have had on which to accuse 0 mot duellers of abusing a system that was intended as a punishment have been well and truly obliterated by the job KO exploit. I hate to mention this yet again since I sound like a broken record by now, but it's true and very much applicable.

DeletedUser

They can't duel indefinitely; they need energy to duel which is not infinite. Plus duel motivation rises quickly, more so after NPC duel mot and player duel mot have been separated, which means they need to spend almost their entire energy on player duels to keep the motivation low which is not an easy feat at all. They have to sacrifice other aspects of the game like jobs or quests to keep on dueling to keep their motivation low just like non-duelers sacrifice the dueling aspect of the game by doing other things, so it's not a cheat; it's a play-style.

DeletedUser

Futu - Don't get me wrong, I wasn't whinging. I have only just found out about it now is all. If they want to do that - and they're allowed to do it - good luck to 'em.

Ishu - I had to do something similar when I was going for the 'Construction Fool' award. SO hard to get your Motivation down to zero. Had to build and build and build constantly until I got it. Didn't have time for anything else either. :)

DeletedUser

Ishu - I had to do something similar when I was going for the 'Construction Fool' award. SO hard to get your Motivation down to zero. Had to build and build and build constantly until I got it. Didn't have time for anything else either. :)

Exactly. That's what zero-mot duellers have to do to play that way. But they need to keep their motivation down to zero constantly and not just once which means they have to do all things you mentioned all the time. So I don't see why it can be called a "cheat". :)

DeletedUser22685

Exactly. That's what zero-mot duellers have to do to play that way. But they need to keep their motivation down to zero constantly and not just once which means they have to do all things you mentioned all the time. So I don't see why it can be called a "cheat". :)

Perhaps you're speaking from experience, but if not, you should take what you hear from 0 mot duellers about the difficulty of that play style with a pinch of salt. I had a 0 mot dueller character for years and I can tell you that it's not a challenge in the slightest for the majority of people who take that route.

Sure, there are those high level 0 mots who duel only real targets and possess a lot of skill (certainly, many of the best duellers the game has seen were 0 mots), but the vast majority are whining, lazy, self-entitled, arrogant bullies who sit at level 30 or 50 and constantly KO njubs who have no chance to defend themselves. Then they feel good about it and have the hide to tell everyone else how much dedication it took them to reach 5k wins and 100 losses when really they spent two minutes and 10 energy a day duelling NPCs. Sounds harsh, but it's true.

Admittedly, it is much harder now that NPC and regular duel motivation is split (something that has flushed out many of those worker beating types. They showed us who they were in the forum after that update) but it's still not a huge task to keep your motivation at or close to 0 after a couple of days if you're active enough. It's a bit of work for a lot of benefit, which means 0 mots still can't complain about their lot in life, but at least it's closer to the way it should be. Regardless, I'd take that route over exp duelling any day, since it's the only sustainable way to duel.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you're speaking from experience, but if not, you should take what you hear from 0 mot duellers about the difficulty of that play style with a pinch of salt. I had a 0 mot dueller character for years and I can tell you that it's not a challenge in the slightest for the majority of people who take that route.

I made a character in Briscoe when that world started and it was a zero-mot dueler for a few months so I do have some experience playing that build, but as you mentioned, I used it to fight other duellers who were troubling my town and not to bully other workers. Which is why it was challenging since I didn't "sharpen my knife" on non-duellers to get my mot low before challenging other duellers. I remember that the only time I had any energy left to do jobs for quests was when I was KO'd and couldn't duel or I levelled up near the end of my energy bar giving me a free refill.

when really they spent two minutes and 10 energy a day duelling NPCs. Sounds harsh, but it's true.

Can you please remind me when NPC duels came to the game? If it was with v 2.0, then I was a zero-mot before they came to the game. Even if not, I don't see how doing 2 NPC duels (10 energy) can bring the mot down to 0. :p

Admittedly, it is much harder now that NPC and regular duel motivation is split (something that has flushed out many of those worker beating types. They showed us who they were in the forum after that update) but it's still not a huge task to keep your motivation at or close to 0 after a couple of days if you're active enough. It's a bit of work for a lot of benefit, which means 0 mots still can't complain about their lot in life, but at least it's closer to the way it should be. Regardless, I'd take that route over exp duelling any day, since it's the only sustainable way to duel.

To sum it all, it's not the most difficult thing to do in the game, I agree. My point merely was that it takes enough time and effort (and activity), and for a non-premium with 100 energy instead of 150; a sacrifice of opportunity of doing jobs, to not be a "cheat" in the game.

DeletedUser22685

Can you please remind me when NPC duels came to the game? If it was with v 2.0, then I was a zero-mot before they came to the game. Even if not, I don't see how doing 2 NPC duels (10 energy) can bring the mot down to 0. :p

NPCs were in the game long before the 2.0 update, but the game existed for probably equally as long without them before that. I have a lot of respect for anyone who was a 0 mot before the NPC update, as it truly did take a lot of time and effort.

As for your second point, your motivation will generally only rise back to 10% between the time you log off at night and the time you log on the next day. That's 5 NPC duels. I was under-exaggerating with my statement about 10 energy, but two minutes was accurate enough.

ishubagaria said:
To sum it all, it's not the most difficult thing to do in the game, I agree. My point merely was that it takes enough time and effort (and activity), and for a non-premium with 100 energy instead of 150; a sacrifice of opportunity of doing jobs, to not be a "cheat" in the game.

Yeah, you do have to go without many of those things, but it's hardly a sacrifice as you've obviously selected to focus on duelling with that character. Job builds "sacrifice" the ability to duel, so it's only natural that full time duellers should have little time for jobs.

DeletedUser

No very few of them actually pick duelers to fight, most just pound people in work or fort gear.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. Before I took the 'KO myself out' route, I was CONSTANTLY duelled by the same two people every single day. Whenever I had my work gear on...duelled. As SOON as I got sick and started wearing DUELLING gear...no duels. Seriously. Not a SINGLE ONE!!!
These types of players are basically cowards who only go for 'easy' wins. As soon as they see someone has gear on and they have even the SLIGHTEST chance of BEATING the Dueller, they don't ATTACK anymore.
I got my revenge once. I was attacked by someone, (yes one of the people who was hitting me every day), when I was wearing my work gear. I IMMEDIATELY switched to my duelling gear and hit HIM - and you know what? I WON!!! Strange thing is, he never hit me anymore after that. I wonder why...

DeletedUser22685

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Before I took the 'KO myself out' route, I was CONSTANTLY duelled by the same two people every single day. Whenever I had my work gear on...duelled. As SOON as I got sick and started wearing DUELLING gear...no duels. Seriously. Not a SINGLE ONE!!!

For a few months between June and October I did nothing but queue sleep every couple of days. I had a pure ranged duel build at the time, but I only had a Golden Colt and wore a non-recognisable collection of duel gear, as I created my build before Cullen's and didn't have the energy to restructure it based on a new set since I had gone inactive anyway. I was duelled a few times a day whenever I didn't log in often enough to queue sleep.

I then respecced to pure construction about a month ago and started wearing Cullen's gear and a Golden Tomahawk 24/7 and I've been duelled once since then. Literally one time. I can be duelled constantly and win them all, yet when I'd probably lose 90% of my duels I'm avoided like the plague simply because those same duellers are too cowardly to look beyond what I'm wearing. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

DeletedUser36011

For a few months between June and October I did nothing but queue sleep every couple of days. I had a pure ranged duel build at the time, but I only had a Golden Colt and wore a non-recognisable collection of duel gear, as I created my build before Cullen's and didn't have the energy to restructure it based on a new set since I had gone inactive anyway. I was duelled a few times a day whenever I didn't log in often enough to queue sleep.

I then respecced to pure construction about a month ago and started wearing Cullen's gear and a Golden Tomahawk 24/7 and I've been duelled once since then. Literally one time. I can be duelled constantly and win them all, yet when I'd probably lose 90% of my duels I'm avoided like the plague simply because those same duellers are too cowardly to look beyond what I'm wearing. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

+1

I actually created a zero motivation dueler myself, in the sense I would just bully the zero motivation duelers at my level. If I lost aainst them, I went in again and made sure I beat them 5 times for every loss inflicted on me and then Koed them. It worked great, they whine, they , they moan that it isnt fair that they get dueled and lose as 0 motivation duelers and they have no chance. Yet on the other foot it is ok. It very much shows the cowardly mentality of most 0 motivation duelers

DeletedUser

In fact they even dueled me when I get sleepy gear on, shows that they only care about the stats and not giving a single consideration as to whether their opponent can even defend themselves or not. No very few of them actually pick duelers to fight, most just pound people in work or fort gear.

I disagree there Micky. Dueling someone in sleep gear is an opportunity like finding a golden job. If you're in sleep gear when you're open to duels and not when you are in a hotel or barrack, then it's your own risk. Even a non-dueller would jump on that. The game allows you to change to duelling gear and keep the LP you assigned.

Yeah, you do have to go without many of those things, but it's hardly a sacrifice as you've obviously selected to focus on duelling with that character. Job builds "sacrifice" the ability to duel, so it's only natural that full time duellers should have little time for jobs.

Exactly, so zero mot dueling is no more a cheat than doing jobs. You sacrifice different things in different play styles.

DeletedUser36011

I disagree there Micky. Dueling someone in sleep gear is an opportunity like finding a golden job. If you're in sleep gear when you're open to duels and not when you are in a hotel or barrack, then it's your own risk. Even a non-dueller would jump on that. The game allows you to change to duelling gear and keep the LP you assigned.

Exactly, so zero mot dueling is no more a cheat than doing jobs. You sacrifice different things in different play styles.

Nah, 0 motivation dueling is abuse of a game system. Just as much as an abuse of a game system as 48h job KO. Problem with it is, people who have no idea how to play aren't aware of the job KO, and are usually less able to defend themselves in a duel. End result, those who are less able to defend themselves are hit over and over and over whilst those who have half an idea can defend themselves via duel related means, or just job knockouts

DeletedUser22685

Nah, 0 motivation dueling is abuse of a game system. Just as much as an abuse of a game system as 48h job KO.

It's not abuse of a system. It's manipulation of a system, just as seeking out intentional duel KOs would be classified as manipulation of the 48 hour protection system. Job KOs affecting duels, on the other hand, is a flawed system, and therefore I consider it abuse for one to utilise them.

DeletedUser35533

got the sleepy set, join a town with a fort and recharge takes 3 hours

DeletedUser36559

Recharge takes no time with those items from bond shop aswell :)