Reduce recharge time after duel KO

DeletedUser

I think there should be a reduction in the time it tales to regenerate after a duel KO, as 8 hours is to long - especialy as you may only have so much time in the day to play the actual game - so to that end i am suggesting a 2hour recharge time after a duel KO, duellers still get there way and players may actually get a chance to do something rather than have wasted days while recharging :rolleyes:

Ripwise

Join a town and recharge in fort for 6 hours. Buy and put recharge clothes on and sleep in fort and you will recharge even faster.

2 hours is to low but there is a way to do it in 4/4.5 hours.

Snr Sarg

No from me sorry, dueling is already dead enough without making it even less satisfying getting one over your rivals

DeletedUser

What if you havent got 4 hours to wait - an average day i have about 6 hours spare time - seems unfair i cant get to play the game due a KO and having to wait hours to recharge

DeletedUser36559

There are already features in the game implemented by the devs which allows you to protect yourself from duels. If you wish to go unprotected once KO'ed sleep in a level 6 large fort barracks with sleepyset, buy crafted items/ bond items which increase your energy+health.

DeletedUser35120

Or just roam around with a Indian Rite necklace in the product slot.. instant revival after a KO :)

DeletedUser36011

Very much pointless here, people said it before. Use buffs to heal, job KO. Many options to be had. If you want the game to be simpler, or easier(which is already is) I can go find one of those games where you have to put the shapes into their correct slot that you used to play with as a child ;)

DeletedUser

Bare in mind there was more to living in the west than just dueling. As for the above reply if u need help with that my two yr old nephew will help, I do notice any idea that might infringe on poor duelers has you varying like babies sod anything that might be of help to those who don't wish to duel, I dot really see how a shorter recharge time would affect your inflated egos.

DeletedUser36559

Bare in mind there was more to living in the west than just dueling. As for the above reply if u need help with that my two yr old nephew will help, I do notice any idea that might infringe on poor duelers has you varying like babies sod anything that might be of help to those who don't wish to duel, I dot really see how a shorter recharge time would affect your inflated egos.

No one said the west is a dueling game only. Many of the updates have been against duelers for e.g. the splitting of duel motivation, changing the dueling formula. Crafted items and bond items are exactly the same thing as a recharge timer.. they do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But... that already exists on the shop. Buy the Indian necklace (something your nephew, probably, can help you learn) and equip it. When you get KO you will get instant 100% energy and 100% health. And that is just for 50 upbs-nuggets.
Or you can use 2 things of the 47 that are available on the shop. Health and energy back in less than 10 seconds for a small fee.

The easiest way... ko yourself just before you go out of the game. You will be sleeping for 8h and when you get back you have a full hp and energy bar to use and nobody can duel you for 2 days.

Or, you can change your skills and take out the ones that are bugging you.

Snr Sarg

Bear in mind it's a game, not real life

DeletedUser36011

I think you missed the point. The game is already easy enough, you are asking it to become easier and easier, when there are readily available solutions to your problem. Instead of trying to make it even easier and even less of a challenge utilise what tools and features there are in the game to address your concern.

This has nothing to do with catering to duelers, its about dealing with problems you face in a proactive manner without asking for an even easier solution than the easy ones available

DeletedUser

I will give you an example where it would have helped - my other half weho plays the game was KOd on her way to a quest - the 2 hour recharge would have been enough to complete quest she has no bonds to buy the buffs to recharge - now has to wait till tuesday to do quest . I really dont see how a shorter time to regenerate would affect how the duelers feel after getting their precious KOs but hey ho we will leave it at that

Snr Sarg

I will give you an example where it would have helped - my other half weho plays the game was KOd on her way to a quest - the 2 hour recharge would have been enough to complete quest she has no bonds to buy the buffs to recharge - now has to wait till tuesday to do quest . I really dont see how a shorter time to regenerate would affect how the duelers feel after getting their precious KOs but hey ho we will leave it at that

Whose fault is it if she spent all her bonds?

And I'll tell you why it makes a difference. A lot of duelers chase after other duelers who have been hitting their townies. Part of that payback is knowing that, unless they use buffs, they won't be able to do much again in the game for a while, and thus might think twice before they come back hitting your townies again. If they only lost 2 hours, then there would be no point.

Most duelers won't try to KO a non-dueler unless you either have a bounty, or more likely in your case, you've been running your mouth off. KOing an opponent just means they get 48 hours peace, and I'd rather not give my opponent that easy ride if I can help it.

And let me explain something else.

This game, when it came out, was about questing and dueling, that was it. There was no crafting, there were no forts, it was all about the dueling.

Removing, or restricting, dueling would be like football without a ball.

AKA pointless.

Leave the game alone, if you don't like it, go try Farmville, I think that would be more suited to your skillset.

And you other half playing? Have you declared the shared IP address to the mods? I hope they'll be keeping a close eye on you for rule breaking

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wait a moment... you don´t need energy or healt to walk to a quest. You can go there, accept it inside the time, do the jobs during the week and complete it on the next time window.
Yes you lose the time you already had made on the trip... nothing more.
And you can even use the free nuggets to cut the time of the trip im half... just 5 nuggets. If that account has minimal activity, you get 15 nuggets for each consecutive 5 days logins.

DeletedUser

I am in NO way a dueller. I am an Adventurer. I do this game to complete the quests. I too get duelled...a LOT, but I am sick and tired of people whinging about how duellers spoil the game for them. Yes, I too have had things spoiled for me. I have set a long queue of jobs then went to bed, only to find out I was duelled and KO'd JUST AS I went to bed, so all the time I was asleep, my dude was in the HOTEL. But what did I DO about it? I manned up and got ON with it.
As has been said SO many times in SO many threads, the Indian Necklace that you can buy in the UP shop costs only 50 Bonds...50!!! Get one of these and leave it in your Product slot. If you are KO'd, you WON'T have to spend 8 hours in the hotel.
There is even yet one MORE option. Buy a 'Sleepyhead' set. (Some of them you can ONLY get through QUESTS though.)
Equip these as you go to sleep and you don't NEED to sleep for 8 hours as you regenerate FASTER.
Asking for a 2-hour window would SPOIL the GAME in my opinion - and remember I am an ADVENTURER, not a Dueller.

Post-edit: Sorry if that came across as too aggressive, but it just gets my goat when people say, "Oh, I was doing xxx and I was KO'd by a dueller. PLEASE can we DO something about them." or words to that effect. Duelling is part and parcel of the game. Non-duellers who don't WANT to be duelled can either leave their town and they can only be duelled if there is a BOUNTY on them, or KO THEMSELVES and they get 48 hour PROTECTION from duelling - lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

I was KO'ed many times while walking to a quest giver, fort, market items etc but I don't really complain because dueling is part of the game. Walking to a quest giver uses 0 energy and she could have bought some speed buffs to help her travel faster. As John mentioned the Indian Rite necklace does the same thing as a recharge.

DeletedUser

I am going to ignore the other comments as they are fair enough, i thought this board was a place to debate or suggest ideas obviously i was wrong, and i thank people for their input - but what i WONT take is agressive cocky arsed replies anymore - i havent had a well worded pop at anyone like i feel i have received- so in reply to snr sarg
A, i do not run my mouth off i try to play the game like everyone else
B, It was an EXAMPLE (look in dictionary for meaning of the word)
C, Your football example is silly (i guess you take football to seriously as i find most fans do)
D, I havent played Farmville my daughter used to, lots of fun apparently but alas i chose this game - sorry to disapoint but i do have a high level of intellect - or my buisiness would have gone south a long time ago would it not.
E, Yes my other half plays the game as mentioned in the follwing post http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55403 All was set out correctly long as we dont break the rules which we have read and as an educated couple fully understand them in full, and havent even been tempted to break them.

To that end I hope next time i make a suggestion, which i hardly think will happen due to the responses I myself and I have seen others get why on this planet should we bother.

Micky Davies

DeletedUser

I don't think the replies were meant against you personally. I know mine wasn't. It just that you wouldn't BELIEVE just how MANY people whine on here just because they were KO'd by someone who duelled them. Your suggestion was a fair enough one. This is indeed the place to put suggestions. It's just that when people try to make suggestions to make easier the lives of people who are DUELLED, folks tend to think, "Oh, God. not ANOTHER one whining about being duelled!!!" Hence the tone of the replies.
I know you must have taken it personally - I know I would, if it were me - but I don't think it was meant like that. You just happened to pick the one subject that gets people riled.