Quest time requirements

Should the idea be moved forward to the Developers?

• Yes, time to get it rolling to the developers

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Needs more work.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11353

Guys, no flaming please. We're here to discuss the idea, not argue. :)

DeletedUser21320

There hasn't been a single argument advanced as to *why* adding the second time slot is bad, other than "I don't like it" and "So what if it's bad for you?".

OTOH it's very important to people on two continents. Why does this long discussion/flame thread have to continue? It can't be hard to implement.

DeletedUser

Guys, no flaming please. We're here to discuss the idea, not argue. :)

thanks
i posted this idea to discuss it not call other peoples anything. so please give feed back on it.

let me say it again "this will help everyone not one continent." what if developer added a quest which had time that you(as general, not pointing to anyone) did not like. then what you will also want to not wake up for a "regular" quest.
as far i want i think it should apply to every quest since it is fair to everyone. someone can do quest easier that other is not great in my POINT OF VIEW.

i have come up with other thing
the time will be cut in half to do the quest. fair to everybody on the earth..
example-
- original time requirement 1:00-2:00
-Change it to 1:00-1:30 and 13:00-13:30
*Server time.

give your feed back on it then i will edit my first post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i have come up with other thing
the time will be cut in half to do the quest. fair to everybody on the earth..
example-
- original time requirement 1:00-2:00
-Change it to 1:00-1:30 and 13:00-13:30
*Server time.

give your feed back on it then i will edit my first post.

any feed back on this if you got any. pro or con

DeletedUser22685

Pro: Keep the whingers happy.

Con: Unnecessary because there should've been no doubt about the original idea in the first place.

Actually well thought of, but IMO there is nothing wrong with the original idea if the people that are against it weren't idiots.

DeletedUser

At first I saw no point in the idea, but I honestly can't find anything negative, so I am all for it.

DeletedUser

looks like we are sticking to the original idea
quest time requirements should be change so they could be done in AM and PM.

example1- time requirement 10AM to 11AM server time change it to 10AM to 11Am and 10PM to 11PM.

example2- time requirement Monday 00:00-1:00(server time) Change to Monday 00:00-1:00 and 12:00-13:00(1PM)
the day will not change.

DeletedUser

No Way !!!!!!!!!! i am not gonna wake up that early to play it

srry but no way ...

DeletedUser

you miss understood the idea.
now it is that you can only do the quest at one time my idea is that you get the quest 2 times a day. so you will not have to wake you because you can just do it when you are awake on the second time it appears.

i think dev. have already solved this by letting you do the quest any time(day requirement is still there, which is fine) in the recent update(1.27). i think they did it for all quest but i am not shore since i only did one time quest but if some one knows please correct me.

DeletedUser

Why can't they just make US servers that run on US time , they did it for Brazil from what I've read. Sure we would have to start new characters but at least we wouldn't have to be up @ 4 am.

Short of that removing the am / pm time stamp would be suitable.

DeletedUser

I did search and found this one to be the closest to what I was looking for & my post is related to the subject matter. Wasn't looking for British/ Irish servers therefor how would I know the reason would be in there.

How bout you go jump on the linch mob post and tell him about reading up b4 rehashing ideas that are in the stickied thread marked plz read 1rst if you feel the need to tell ppl how to post.

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok, so i've read through the whole thread tonight. It sounds like we have a lot of positive feedback for this issue.

Lets put a poll on this puppy and get it moved to Development discussion:

To clarify:
This is ask the Developers to have 2 times when quests are available.
Regardless if the quest is hidden or game wise, that the quests should be offered 12 hours apart of their scheduled time.
So twice a day the item would be available.

As for the idea on servers for time zones US UK etc that isn't going to happen unless someone is going to start buying 10,000 nuggets monthly to pay for server/T1/domain hosting costs and other outrageous fees we could tack on. So I have added that to the non discussion list for now on.

Deleted User - 1278415

POLL: Quest Time AM/PM

This is a poll to determine if the idea presented in post:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=36953

Should be moved to the Development Discussion to be presented to the Developers:

The thread has shown favorable reviews.

To Recap the thread briefly:

It is to suggest that all quest requirements that have a time on them be allowed to be done in the AM or the PM.

Example 1 Quest to be done at 7. Could be 7:00AM or 7:00PM.
Example 2 Quest to be done at 3. Could be done at 3:00 or 15:00

Poll will be up for 1 week to determine if it should be moved.

DeletedUser

I've already said yes here and voted there. Because living in a certain time zone should not have the impact on the game.

DeletedUser

They aren't very many issues that i have with the game other than timed quests.One of the aspect of TheWest game that i actually despise,the idea that i have to rearrange my (very busy)real life schedule to complete Thewest quests is unreasonable.Taken too far this would be a game breaker for me.

So yeah i would vote 100% with the OP idea,at least give us the option of completing these quest twice on a day.

DeletedUser21320

And here is possibly the best reason to have the quests available two times per day: Currently (1900+ on a Monday) the server is down on all of my worlds. Now I have to wait for a week to do a timed quest that I had planned to do today, so I can do other things for the next 7 real-time days?

Or are the devs going to allow today's secret quest to be done later today as a special favor?

It isn't that difficult to write a compound "IF" statement to check two times. Not doing it is just a sign of the ultimate disrespect that the devs have for the players. They went to the effort to change the time for Belle Star's quest, but all that did was make it inconvenient for different players. This is a no-brainer fix for the players.

DeletedUser

As for the idea on servers for time zones US UK etc that isn't going to happen unless someone is going to start buying 10,000 nuggets monthly to pay for server/T1/domain hosting costs and other outrageous fees we could tack on. So I have added that to the non discussion list for now on.

Wait , does that mean that someone in Brazil buys 10,000 nuggets a month to justify the expense's of a spanish speaking sever? That would also indicate that they make more money off Brazil than the US & while i guess it is possible it doesn't sound right.

Maybe all US players should just stop buying nuggets till they stop putting us at a disadvantage

DeletedUser

the Brazil is game translated in to Portuguese(BR) which is different from Portugal server which is in Portuguese(PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.