Quest time requirements

Should the idea be moved forward to the Developers?

• Yes, time to get it rolling to the developers

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Needs more work.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I really don't know what all of the fuss is about. I did a quest this morning 10am, only available on a Thursday, and I work for a living. I have had to wait over a month before my day off from work fell on the right day to do this quest. That's why they are called quests, it is a mission, and sometimes you will have to make sacrifices.

m.j

yes it is a mission but if you give every one the same level of mission will you give one person the advantage and not to the other? as of time.
--------------------------------------------------------

their are other quests other then the secret one like The thief, 2or3 more. i post this idea for EVERY quest which requires time. this is also for the people who cannot do the quests like The thief because they have to wake up or they are at work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No. Just two options 12 hours apart seems fair, and very easy to do.

if their is a day requirement then the quest can be ONLY be done AM and PM of that day.
it might be easy for you but to others might not be since its is an International game. and everyone around the globe plays it.
----------------------------------

i see everyone is talkling about the same "hidden Quest" *lol*
it is not directed only for hidden quest but to all quests requiring time. i don't know why people started talking about hidden quest as the only time quest in the game.

DeletedUser

I really don't know what all of the fuss is about. I did a quest this morning 10am, only available on a Thursday, and I work for a living. I have had to wait over a month before my day off from work fell on the right day to do this quest. That's why they are called quests, it is a mission, and sometimes you will have to make sacrifices.

m.j

the thing is, whats 10am for you is 4am for me. i have a quest 3 months old cause i cant find the time (or be bothered) to get up that early. making the time am/pm does not give anyone a disadvantage. leaving it as it is does

DeletedUser10077

Yes I do agree that time limitations do make you take that sort of attitude if a quest falls at an unavailable time. I too would benefit from this am/pm change also, due to my work commitments. but I'm staying on the fence about this one.

DeletedUser

devs, could you please give those US and europe some quest that make them go up at 2am in the morning

DeletedUser

I agree with the Split times... west coast puts it at 1am... i get up for work at 5am. i have 4 chars. waiting for the last part.......... Never gonna get that high powered pea shooter!

DeletedUser

i think most people will agree lets vote on it.
does someone know how to get this thread to be voted on?

DeletedUser22685

I agree whole-heartedly with this! I'm not talking about hidden quests, rather the worker quest where you have to meet Mr Brown. It's at a ridiculous time here, and this is for the main The Farm questline, so I would really appreciate it if it was possible for me to complete it.

Maybe, to keep some sort of challenge on the "hidden" quests, the AM and PM time could apply to non-hidden quests, but just the one time for hidden quests

DeletedUser

:sad:
The 7pm sever time quest still there.
If only "non-hidden" quests applied, i have no problem, really :D

DeletedUser21320

I agree whole-heartedly with this! I'm not talking about hidden quests, rather the worker quest where you have to meet Mr Brown. It's at a ridiculous time here, and this is for the main The Farm questline, so I would really appreciate it if it was possible for me to complete it.

Maybe, to keep some sort of challenge on the "hidden" quests, the AM and PM time could apply to non-hidden quests, but just the one time for hidden quests

Why? That just means I have no chance of trying to find the "hidden" quests. I'm not getting up at 3 AM to experiment with them, and even if I get the info from someone else, why should I have to stay up all night, just because I don't live near the server time zone? If the quest can be done from 1900-2000 (server time) does it completely cheapen the quest if it can also be done between 0700-0800? No.

Especially when the lucky ones who get to do the quest at 3 PM pretend on the forum that they are somehow smarter and better than the others who didn't get hints and/or couldn't make the one time needed.

If you're going to have an English server, why make it impossible for Americans to do certain quests? Just a terrible design idea.

DeletedUser22685

Why? That just means I have no chance of trying to find the "hidden" quests. I'm not getting up at 3 AM to experiment with them, and even if I get the info from someone else, why should I have to stay up all night, just because I don't live near the server time zone? If the quest can be done from 1900-2000 (server time) does it completely cheapen the quest if it can also be done between 0700-0800? No.

Especially when the lucky ones who get to do the quest at 3 PM pretend on the forum that they are somehow smarter and better than the others who didn't get hints and/or couldn't make the one time needed.

If you're going to have an English server, why make it impossible for Americans to do certain quests? Just a terrible design idea.
I agree that the hidden quests should get two times too, but I was trying to keep the people who are against this happy.

As for that last line, that is a very good point. Even though I'm not American. Although, it does accommodate English people. Just not Americans or, as I know from experience, Australians.

DeletedUser

Some players are not parasites but do work and can't be online at the right time. I have to agree with the idea, make irrelevant if the time is AM or PM.

I do work AND play the game. And yes, I live in Europe. Playing the game at server time, 24-7. Who do you think you are to call others "parasites"?

As you and others can't be online at "server-quest-time" - so what? As I play an online game in Asia it's the same problem for me. So what? Deal with it!

DeletedUser

The AM/PM idea is a no brainer for the health of the game. Anyone that disagrees clearly has no business sense. If you are getting creamed by a "hidden quest" item and you don't have the opportunity to get one, why pay to play an unbalanced game?

DeletedUser22685

I do work AND play the game. And yes, I live in Europe. Playing the game at server time, 24-7. Who do you think you are to call others "parasites"?

As you and others can't be online at "server-quest-time" - so what? As I play an online game in Asia it's the same problem for me. So what? Deal with it!

We shouldn't have to "Deal with it!" because of reasons that have already been mentioned several times in this thread. Just because you can do it, you feel that others shouldn't be able to.

DeletedUser

I'm worker who works 24-7 and plays the game, but doesn't play it 24-7. That's who am I.
I'm not sure why do you think I've called YOU a parasite. I didn't. But that's your problem.
And I also live in Europe. And I still support this idea of AM/PM difference removal, you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.