Quest time requirements

Should the idea be moved forward to the Developers?

• Yes, time to get it rolling to the developers

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Needs more work.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

POLL PASSED:
View Poll Results: Should the idea be moved forward to the Developers?
Yes, time to get it rolling to the developers
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
30 83.33%
No, leave it as is.
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
4 11.11%
Needs more work.
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
2 5.56%

quest time requirements should be change so they could be done in AM and PM.

example1- time requirement 10AM to 11AM server time change it to 10AM to 11Am and 10PM to 11PM.

example2- time requirement Monday 00:00-1:00(server time) Change to Monday 00:00-1:00 and 12:00-13:00(1PM)
the day will not change.

PS don't mention any secret quest if have to do it in white color.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why would that be? Timed quests are usually the hidden ones. You are supposed to free some time for the quest, not the other way.

DeletedUser

That makes sense to me, so no matter where your from in the world, you wouldn't have to wait up late to acept the quest. :)

DeletedUser

Some players are not parasites but do work and can't be online at the right time. I have to agree with the idea, make irrelevant if the time is AM or PM.

DeletedUser

Why would that be? Timed quests are usually the hidden ones. You are supposed to free some time for the quest, not the other way.

But you aren't supposed to wake up 4 in the morning to do some stupid quests either.

DeletedUser

But you aren't supposed to wake up 4 in the morning to do some stupid quests either.

I don't think there are any quests that are set up during that time. Time difference is a bugger, but I don't want people getting Bell Starr's Deringer even easier.

Maybe all of you have a point but I don't care about quests anyway.

DeletedUser

Time difference is always a big problem in international games.

Deleted User - 1278415

I don't think there are any quests that are set up during that time. Time difference is a bugger, but I don't want people getting Bell Starr's Deringer even easier.

Maybe all of you have a point but I don't care about quests anyway.

Welll there is a big secret quest i wont mention spoilers.. but that you have to do the quest requirements at a certain time... and although it is morning time on the German servers... it is middle of blinking wee hours of the morning on the US time clocks which gives the 3-4am time frame.

Setting an alarm clock helps.

DeletedUser

Setting an alarm clock helps.

it will. only if your parents don't find out:mad:

people of Asia around India can do the quest very easy and it is not fare for other on the same server to wake up to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
im with msingh. to do the kate's ring quest it means ive gotta be up at 4am to complete it and i dont want to get up at 4am. Before you say
"well just don't do the quest" i want to do it i like quests just not at 4 in the morning

DeletedUser

i think this would be a fantastic idea. i have one were i have to be up in the early hours to do a duel. i lose the duel, pass out and have to start all over again. its frustrating. people can post all they like about setting alarms and getting up early but for some who work and have other life priorites this can be a pain.

DeletedUser

now -169,044 Players on 12 Game worlds as for 22:03:58 24/05/2010(game time)
like a month ago the total players were reaching 190,000
right now with the release of red dead redemption players are going to decrease more.
as crawf68 said earlier, if you work then you will not have time to get up and might move to only playing a red dead redemption(3D game) since you can turn on xbox or playstation when you want.
it will be lot more help to us.
so support the idea so it can be passed on to voting.

DeletedUser

I have to be on the computer at 12-7. I'm not a parasite.

COMPLETE SUPPORT!

DeletedUser

There is a quest, a very important quest that require me to do it and 7.00 Pm sever time. And it is 00.00 here :mad:

DeletedUser

Yes I really, really like this idea. I was working on a quest that I had to wait for a week to do a simple quest because the time that it was set for and if it was set for am or pm I could have done that at any time...

DeletedUser

they'll never pass this idea, its impact would affect the game too much

DeletedUser21320

they'll never pass this idea, its impact would affect the game too much

What impact? Please name one thing that would be negatively impacted by this change.

One positive thing would be that people on the US east coast wouldn't have to do the Blind Billy duel at 4 AM.

DeletedUser10077

I really don't know what all of the fuss is about. I did a quest this morning 10am, only available on a Thursday, and I work for a living. I have had to wait over a month before my day off from work fell on the right day to do this quest. That's why they are called quests, it is a mission, and sometimes you will have to make sacrifices.

m.j

DeletedUser

i see everyone is talkling about the same "hidden Quest" *lol*

i agree time differance can be a real drag im UK same as m.j so they are not a major pain for europe but oi feel sorry for those that are on the flip side of the world where the time differance is greater so i think removing the AM and PM bit of timed quests would be best way forward to the advantage of everybody

oh would you just prefer those who are east coast US to get a differant job so they can be on at the right time

DeletedUser21320

i see everyone is talkling about the same "hidden Quest" *lol*

i agree time differance can be a real drag im UK same as m.j so they are not a major pain for europe but oi feel sorry for those that are on the flip side of the world where the time differance is greater so i think removing the AM and PM bit of timed quests would be best way forward to the advantage of everybody

oh would you just prefer those who are east coast US to get a differant job so they can be on at the right time

No. Just two options 12 hours apart seems fair, and very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.