British/Irish server

DeletedUser

Don't know if this has been mooted before, but how about a British Isles server?
I cannot take part in most battles because of time differnces and also probably miss lots of duels because of it. I appreciate the friends I have made on .net but really it's a bit annoying that every European country seems to have a server and not us.
What is the reason for this?

DeletedUser

I'm also from the UK but I think people from the UK would choose to either play the UK server or the .net servers, that would make the numbers low on .net and on .co.uk.

Also everyone else has their own servers because they don't speak english, I assume.

DeletedUser

At least .net, and every single other server besides .br, is close to your time zone. The US could use it's own servers more so time based quests would work better for us.

DeletedUser

I'm American and I'm all for this. I think it's silly that the devs should use one server for a language whose speakers almost span the entire globe. Note that a British Isles server would not just serve the UK and Ireland but also South Africa.

DeletedUser

It is a bit unfair that we don't have a server.I get up early every morning, but I still can't join a fort battle without being offline.

I live in Ireland anyway.

DeletedUser

i am in america. when it is 6:00pm the server get in a new day. i kind of don't like it when it comes to time quests. i missed april' fools quest because of it. i like some thing like i can see the daily bonus on that day.

DeletedUser

I'm American and I'm all for this. I think it's silly that the devs should use one server for a language whose speakers almost span the entire globe. Note that a British Isles server would not just serve the UK and Ireland but also South Africa.

And Australia and Diego Garcia and New Zealand and The Fauklands and Bermuda and the Bahamas and Jamaica and Barbados and British Virgin Islands and .... :D

I am an American too (Eastern time zone), I would sure like a server where our times matched up. In one of the worlds I play, I have a Fort Battle coming up between midnight and 1 am my time.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but that won't change if there's a US server. It only takes one group from another country to mess it up and call fort battles when most of America would be sleeping. :razz:

I do like the idea of having the timed quests lined up though.

DeletedUser

And Australia and Diego Garcia and New Zealand and The Fauklands and Bermuda and the Bahamas and Jamaica and Barbados and British Virgin Islands and .... :D

I am an American too (Eastern time zone), I would sure like a server where our times matched up. In one of the worlds I play, I have a Fort Battle coming up between midnight and 1 am my time.

That just got me thinking; do we create a server for Australia and New Zealand too? Their markets are considerably smaller than those of North America and the UK, but they are also the furthest removed from the current server time.

DeletedUser

If someone comes onto a server for Britain/Ireland that is not in that area and makes a mess of fort battles when times for players to join is impossible they will also be unable to compete in more things as well.Due to server time.

DeletedUser

their will be less players in each server if they created a new server. their is very few already by 12-worlds. it will decrease more.

DeletedUser15169

This is the reason to call fort battles at the 21-2400 server time window ;)

DeletedUser

I don't really like the idea, because we have a lack of players as is. If we split into separate servers, the lack of player will be even more apparent.

DeletedUser

instead they should do is have 2 times of that day for time quests. like 10AM or 10PM
so we will not have to wake up 3am and try to do the quest.

Diggo11

That just got me thinking; do we create a server for Australia and New Zealand too? Their markets are considerably smaller than those of North America and the UK, but they are also the furthest removed from the current server time.
Australian Server
1000 Players
1 Empty World

I like having us all crammed in one place, makes for a busy and fun game and forum :) It would be far easier to adjust time based quests than start up a new server, plus old worlds would absolutely die. One alternative being discussed at the moment is to allow time quests to be completed at either AM or PM, making sure even us Aussies can get the quests done.

As for fort battles there is an easy solution, start some yourself. If you miss out on a battle due to time zones and lose your fort then just launch a counter attack and you should just as easily get it back ;)

DeletedUser

Australian Server
One alternative being discussed at the moment is to allow time quests to be completed at either AM or PM, making sure even us Aussies can get the quests done.

thanks someone is thinking the same as me. i suggested it in minor suggestion.:) did not know it was discussed.

DeletedUser

I still don't see why there is no UK and Ireland server. Sure you can play on .net and make friends with Americans/Canadians, but I miss too many battles because I need to sleep! I would still play .net because I want to keep playing with my US/Canuck friends. It would also make it fairer on US players if they have a different server time for quests as others have said.
Just because we share a timezone (or 1 hour out) with Europe doesn't mean that we want to play with them.