Project Genesis

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini breathed heavily in relief...Scorpius had seen reason. "Thank you," he said gratefully. "So then," he said, turning back to the woman. "You think you can get us out of here a different way? That would be much obliged."

DeletedUser31931

Ben saw the scene and flinched back, He knew subconsciously that he had seen death before but this was more execution in the bloodiest manner. When Cygnus suggested to check out the nurses station Ben agreed. "Maybe there will be a weapon or some medical supplies" he said. Just as they set off Ben heard a noise like something heavy being dropped on metal, he spun round to confront the sound, yet nothing was there. Ben cursed himself for being so jumpy and then set off after Cygnus.

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
They know...or at least they suspect… he suspects Cassie thought guiltily as she heard the lowered voice of Noctua as he whispered to the other one...Andromeda...yes that’s what her tattoo had said wasn't it?
Using her hand to conceal the bulge of the blood pack in her pocket which to Casssie’s guilty mind seemed obvious for all who cared to look though in truth was barely visible as the uniform was fairly loose fitting, designed for someone with a much more ample frame than her own.
Turning to face the other two she forced herself to smile in a cheery manner in an attempt to hide her growing anxiety and paranoia, what if they find out who I am? It didn't bare thinking about....better to just keep calm and relax, after all what could they possibly know?
"If you're both finished looking, the guard station is only a little way down this corridor" she spoke with yet more forced cheerfulness, her cheeks beginning to ache under the strain as she turned to lead them down to the end of the vinyl floored corridor where the guard station they’d been looking for blocked off any access to the rest of the facility for obvious reasons considering the nature of the place.
To the three prisoners, the guard station, at least from the outside had an appearance not dissimilar to a train stations ticket office or a bank, a single large sliding window covered most of the end wall with a steel roller shutter half covering the window, a pile of mangled paper wedged beneath had prevented it from locking completely something could have been easily rectified and yet had not, almost as if whoever had thrown down the shutter had been in too much of a hurry to clear such a simple blockage. Beside the window stood a heavy duty door stamped upon which in large white stencilled letters was the legend A Wing Security Office with a security lock below it, the kind that required a four digit code before you could even turn the handle and a small buzzer with Ring for attention written beside it in small neat lettering.
Pressing the small buzzer Cassie listened as the small electronic bell chimed on the other side of the window, in hindsight ringing the bell was probably a really stupid thing to do but it had seemed such an obvious thing to do “I guess nobodies home” she said quietly after it became apparent that the bell would go unanswered, though to be honest that didn’t really surprise her.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Gemini
Once out of the small changing room, leaving the doors and whatever lay beyond well enough alone, the woman true to her word began to lead the two prisoners down the seemingly endless corridors with their identical drab paint schemes and scuffed floor tiles, cutting through the labs and offices where necessary….well rather she lead Gemini and Scorpius followed him, the woman or rather the lack of one still baffled Scorpius but he found himself growing used to it.
It was as they traversed the concrete labyrinth in which they had awoken that they began to fully grasp the magnitude and sheer emptiness of the place…..room after room with no sign of life within other than hastily toppled furniture and abandoned cups of ice cold coffee, whoever they had been they were long gone now and their purpose still a mystery to them.
It was as they turning down yet another corridor that the woman suddenly gave cry of triumph “There it is….I told you I could find it again!” she said running up to plastic map mounted on the wall.
The facility was roughly octagonal in shape each wing linking onto the corridor that ran around its perimeter giving the place its oddly geometric shape. Labs, guard stations, storerooms; all were labelled in small neat text however the room they truly desired was sited in the centre of facility…..the exit, or rather the lift up….but it all amounted to the same thing.
“Looks like the only way in, is via the security compound” the woman murmured quietly as she traced the route from the large You are Here! Marker to the lift room “If we cut through the segregation wing we should be able to get there in no time….what do you guys think?”
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cygnus
The door into the nurse station was off the same construction as that of the cells, but thankfully unlocked, a tooth paste cap preventing the bolts from shooting out fully, no doubt placed there by a lazy guard.
Pushing open the door Cygnus was all but blinded by the sudden introduction of light as a pair of fluorescent fittings blazed overhead, this room still has power his mind exclaimed as he cautiously entered the room almost expecting something to jump out at him after what he’d seen just down the hall, but nothing jumped out at him so he supposed he was safe for now.
The walls were painted in the same drab white, but unlike the others they’d seen these were covered in notice boards displaying everything from patient vitals to softball tournaments. A pair of desks sitting back to back filled the majority of the room, a few filing cabinets a door into the next corridor and another leading to a single toilet and sink were the only other items of interest in the room.
It was as Cygnus was looking at what appeared to be some kind of electrical charger that he began to notice a low humming sound in the background, looking about himself he tried to trace the source of the strange sound, spotting the computer sat on one the desks, a pair of monitors sat side by side and although both screens were standby it was clear that they were still working.

DeletedUser13682

Noctua turned away from the woman in hospital gown, turning to the nurse, upon mention of the location of the guard station. He looked her over, trying to find a sign of hidden things that would betray her nature, and give proof to the hopital gowned woman that the nurse was not good, but there was nothing. He didn't have a way to search her without him looking bad, so he decided to drop it for now, waiting for later, when proof was there for him to easily expose. "Alright, then, nurse. We shall head to the guard station. Lead the way."

The walk to the guard station was uneventful, with Noctua staying slightly behind the nurse, letting her lead the way, while keeping watch on her, to make sure he could catch her before she did any horrid acts against him or the other woman. They had arrived, and predictably, the guard station was locked, but the steel shutter over the glass was not closed all the way. The nurse tried the bell, its ring echoing throughout the corridor, hopefully in a comical and not serious gesture. "Well, guess nobody's home," Noctua commented offhandedly the the firmament at large. "I say we break the window open, and open the door from there. It's probably bullet resistant glass, so we'll need a large, heavy object that all three of us can use as a battering ram, to get the highest chance of success. Unless any of you two have a different plan that might work better." Noctua looked at the women, waiting to see if they had anything.

DeletedUser

Scorpius examined the map that was mounted on the wall, for less than a second the woman appeared in his vision, she was jabbing her finger at the centre of the complex and saying something, Scorpius never found out what she said as she dissappeared faster then she had appeared.
it seemed that the security compound in the centre of the complex was the only way out, or at least that was what the map indicated.
Gemini was nodding in response to whatever the woman had said. and Scorpius was about to do the same when... the voice came back. don't follow her. teh voice whispered.
Scorpius froze unsure of what to do, the voice was back, was this good? or bad? he had waited in agony for the voice to tell him what to do, but now he was unsure of it's instructions, surely they needed to get out?

DeletedUser31931

Aries saw the terminals at the exact same moment as Cygnus. "Look! Maybe we can find out where we are or something from them." He sat down and flicked the screen off standby. Then just as the screen flashed up to life Ben's head went black with memories rushing past so quickly. Something, something to do with computers. A girl's voice, laughing, A man (Aries himself?) replying back, all rushing through so quickly. The last thing Aries remembered was the girl's laughter as he slumped to the floor unconscious.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini shrugged. "I have no objections to that...there's no growling beast behind this door, eh?" He grinned nervously, but he figured that the likelihood of having such an animal behind two doors would be almost nothing. He hoped.

DeletedUser28032

Aries
Music drifts through the darkness soothing his mind as he sits with his eyes closed, shutting himself off from the rest of the world, I hear we're in for nasty weather.....I hear that troubles on its way. It’s an old song a very old song and yet the lyrics feel to be somehow relevant almost as if someone is trying to..."Hey are you still listening to me?" Opening your eyes you smile at the pretty blonde girl sat next to you, laughing as you mumble some half baked apology "I said...I can't believe they re-did this song but obviously you had something more important on your mind" she laughs again, it makes you smile, Tanya always makes you smile.
Its 2019 and there’s likely to be a war and job in the army for those unable to make it through their final exams. Tanya is apt to pass with flying colours you on the other hand....well let’s say its a little touch and go.
Turning back to your monitor the smile on your face disappears rapidly as you realise that this isn't your end of year paper but a CCTV feed of a corridor lined with heavy duty steel doors which as one begin to open and although you don’t see what shambling horror emerges from out of those cells you know its going to be bad.
"Tanya something’s wrong with my screen can you..." you freeze in mid sentence...Tanya is gone and what is sat next to you is far from friendly, you get a glimpse of a pair of bright red eyes and glistening teeth before it lunges for your throat, a scream of terror emerging from your own before you are once more plunged into darkness.
---------------------------------------------
Cygnus
Cautiously tapping the keys like a true technophobe Cygnus had brought the two monitors back to life; the left hand monitor seemed to have a standard computer desk top with a myriad of files and control panels littering the picture of someone’s family, his stomach had clenched the first time he had seen that picture, it was hard to think that the people who had kidnapped and tortured him for so long could have families of their own…it was like watching Dracula reading a bed time story to a small child.
The right had monitor meanwhile was cycling through CCTV images of the surrounding area. A sudden scream from behind caused him to jump as his new partner came too "You scared the hell out of me" he cried clutching the chairs arm as tried to calm his raw nerves before preceding in a more concerned manner "Are you ok? I mean this is the second time you've wigged out on me" Cygnus listened patiently as Aries replied before returning his attention to the monitors, they were key to their escape he just knew it.
------------------------------------
Cassie
“I don’t think its bullet proof…I mean why bother with a steel shutter if you have bullet proof glass?” she said cautiously as she rapped the glass with her knuckles causing the two interlocking glass panels to gently vibrate. It was clear that they were meant to slide open to admit the passage of paperwork however unlike the shutter, whoever had locked the windows had done their job properly.
Opening a nearby door, Cassie found herself standing in a cleaner’s cupboard, the strong smell of bleach and disinfectant forcing their way into her sinuses.
Grabbing the nearest object to hand Cassie returned to the others holding the small tin of pale blue paint, no doubt used to touch in the doors they’d seen throughout the place.
Holding the tin tightly in her hand, Cassie slammed it into the glass just above the lock, a long crack shooting up from where she had hit it.
It was as she swung the tin the third time that the others caught a glimpse of something on her wrist as the sleeves of her uniform dropped away from her wrist only to be re-covered a few moments later.
A hole the size of a mans fist suddenly appeared in the glass, a cry of pain and triumph issuing out of her throat as she simultaneously managed to break through the glass and cut her hand, bright red blood flooding out of the long jagged cut.
Cassie stood staring at the wound in her hand almost as if she was stunned, her pupils growing very wide and her skin growing very pale “I….I had better deal with this….can someone finish opening the window whilst I…” her voice already distant trailed away as she started heading back towards the cleaners store….shed seen a couple of rags in there….they’d stop the bleeding wouldn’t they?
Meanwhile the whispering in Noctua’s head returned a dozen voices in a feverish delirium, each one trying to speak over the top of the others. The whole episode happened in the space of a few seconds disappearing just as quickly as they had appeared the only word he could make out was Blood.
-------------------------------
Gemini
“That would depend on whether both of the doors into that room were locked, wouldn’t it?” she replied with a smile at Gemini’s mention of the growling they’d heard earlier, she still wasn’t convinced that they’d heard anything at all but it didn’t mean she couldn’t tease him about it.
Taking several steps down the corridor towards where the segregation wing lay she glanced over her shoulder only to note that the man with the bad skin was still stood by the map with a confused look on his face.
Stopping mid-stride she turned to Gemini no doubt looking equally confused herself “Is he not coming with us?....You don’t think I’ve upset him do you?” she was sure she’d done nothing to offend yet still the idea nagged at her “You….you wouldn’t mind talking to him would you….only I am not sure that he likes me”

DeletedUser13682

Noctua shrugged at the nurse's comment. "I wouldn't know, I just guess. You can..." But the nurse had already left, probably into the nearby broom cupboard, in a quest to find a suitable glass smashing object. She came out victorious, exhibiting a paint can above her head, sky blue from the looks of it, same colour as the doors of the place. The nurse wielded the can and slammed it against the glass pane. The first tine, a crack flew up the pane. The second time, the glass started caving in. It would take only one or two more hits to break the pane. The pane broke, only a fist sized hole though, curiously enough. Also curiously was what Noctua saw. It was a glimpse of something on her wrist, Noctua didn't know what, not enough time to see it.

Noctua had seen that the nurse was bleeding now, and had decided, on his own resolve, to go help her stop the bleeding. Before he could take a step though, it happened again, the same thing that happened to him in the office. Well, it wasn't the same exactly, he didn't see anything this time. The whispering though, that was horrid. Dozens of voices, fighting to be the whisper heard clearly. Then, as soon as it came, it stopped. One whisper had managed to get its message across, and it was the word blood. That's it, just that word. Noctua turned to the other woman, and gave her a worried look. "I just had another episode, like in the office. A whisper told me the word blood. You don't think it has something to do with that nurse, do you?"

DeletedUser31931

"Eugh" complained Aries as he got up. "I'm sorry I don't know why this keeps happening. Certain things just seem to trigger flashbacks." Standing up he saw the two computers. "You take the CCTV feed one and see if you can spot anything. I'll take this one and see what I can find." he said. Aries drew himself into a chair and began to methodically search through the computer files trying to find something to help him.

DeletedUser

Scorpius stood rooted to the spot. Gemini was looking at him, and he guessed that the woman was as well.
he swallowed, keeping his mouth clamped shut. in his pocket his fingers closed around the Swiss army knife that he had found earlier. why shouldn't follow them? he screamed inside his head, if only the voice would tell him why...
don't follow her. the voice repeated.
why? he bellowed internally.
don't follow her.
TELL ME WHY.
words flashed through his vision, too fast for him to read. eventually the image settled on two words; TRAITOR, and DEATH. the image vanished.
what does this mean? he asked the voice.
no reply.
tell me what it means!
still no reply, the voice had vanished.
switching back to reality, Scorpius stood rooted to the spot. he still didn't know whether the voice was good or bad, whether it lied or was truthful.
but what to do now? assuming that the voice was trying to help him, then did that mean that the woman was a traitor and following her would lead him to death? surely it must be her, who else could it be, and then why couldn't he see her? why was the voice inside his head? none of it made sense, and Scorpius wasn't moving until he had answers.

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
Cygnus nodded his head once in agreement before sliding over to watch the CCTV still slightly concerned for his new partner despite his protestations.
The camera's showed very little that they hadn't seen already as they cycled through deserted corridors lined with closed doors, causing Cygnus to start day dreaming as Aries began searching the rest of the computer for kind of clue.
It was because of this that he very nearly missed it "Quick gimme the mouse" he shouted urgently snatching the computers single mouse and double clicking to cycle back a scene.
Yes he'd been right...he had seen people three of them two men and a woman....no wait...two of them Why had he thought there was a woman? the two of them appeared to be having a conversation outside of a doctors office "I don't believe it....there are other people and we passed that office only twenty minutes ago!" he said banging his fist on the desk in frustration.
A single loud buzz suddenly sounded from down the corridor causing both Cygnus and Aries to jump in surprise "What was that?...oh god what have you done!" the large man cried in shocked as the CCTV cycled back to the adjoining corridor just as all of the remaining doors began to open allowing their occupants a chance to escape.
--------------------------------------
Aries
In the moments before Cygnus relieved him of the mouse, the discovery of the others and the opening of the doors, Aries had been pouring through the files on the computers database. He had some experience with computers but was far from being an expert meaning he could safely tick Hacker off of his list of possible pasts.
After searching through several meaningless files full of scientific and medical data he eventually happened upon something of interest Project Star [SSV05] within which was a list of names linking him to a brief summary subjects physical descriptions; Andromeda, Aries, Cassiopeia, Cerberus Noctua, Cygnus, Gemini the list was huge although just by randomly clicking on a few he discovered that several of the subjects were listed as Deceased and almost twice as many listed Segregated [Dangerous].
Plunging on deeper into the file Aries rapidly found himself being confronted with either technical jargon he didn't understand or Restricted: Password required. However what he could gather was that someone had being experiments on them in an attempt to make them...better? well that probably depended on what side of the needle you were.
It was around about this point that Cygnus made his discovery closely followed by the doors opening causing a horrible sense of de ja vu to take over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Scorpius
Its strange how memory works at times no sooner had the words appeared in his head than image appeared in his mind...a memory.
He was in uniform lined up with five other men, their weapons slung casually over their shoulders and their faces painted in dark green cam cream by the nervous looks on everybody’s faces it was clear they were about to do something dangerous but what exactly he couldn't remember though he suposed he must of succeeded how else could he be here?
A jeep rolled to a stop and four people climbed out, two of them were in standard field uniforms, they're SMG's slung across their chests they weren't important glorified chauffeurs Scorpius could still feel the contempt he'd felt for them even now the other two however they were different.
Dressed in the officer’s dress, brand new and fresh out of the box they strolled up to them, one man and a woman both fairly young, or at least young in terms of the top brass anyway with dark hair their faces hidden in the shadow of their peaked caps.
The two officers spoke with the men in the way that officers speak to people they're about to send to their deaths the female officers stands before him with an outstretched hand and a smile on her face and it is within that instant that he realises....the woman and the female officer are one and the same.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Cassie
It won't stop...why won't it stop? She thought frantically as she pressed the piece of rag against the wound in her hand but more importantly why am I so drawn to it?
with her heart was beating so quickly that it hurt and the strong taste of copper filled her mouth like it had back in the office as the man had been shouting at her and like the time before that when she had...No we don't think about that....we mustn't!
She tried fighting the impulses raging within her but it was no use, throwing the blood stained rag away she pressed her lips against the wound, her eyes rolling back in euphoria as she felt the blood enter her mouth.
She didn't have long one of the others would come looking for her soon and she didn't want them to catch her like this that would lead to questions for which she had precious few answers for like why did she crave blood so much? She didn't know though she suspected that they had done this to her...the scientist's she also suspected that she now had haemophilia and possibly and iron deficiency to boot....and medical training apparently.
Physically prising her mouth off of the wound she wrapped it back up in the rag, hastily wiping her mouth before leaving to join the others "Its alright I think I’ve managed to stop the bleeding how are we getting on with that window?"

DeletedUser

Scorpius's eyes widened as the memory faded. he'd finally been able to put facts together. he began to smile. he'd made a connection, was his memory coming back? his heart skipped a beat, he now knew what he'd done before he'd been brought here. he'd been a soldier. his smile faded. he still didn't know what he was doing here, what his name as, what the voice was, and who the woman was, was she a traitor? what had she done? and why couldn't he see the woman?
he stopped thinking about the questions, and decided to play it straight.
he looked over to where he thought the woman was, and began to speak.
"you, the woman, i can't see you, but i know you're there (or is she? the voice whispered, shut it. he replied) you used to be an officer. what are you doing here? what are we doing here? who are you? who are we? where are we? and i can't hear you either, so Gemini will have to relay what you say."

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini frowned. "I can understand your need to find out about the past, but is now really the time? We need to either find a way out or find sustenance relatively soon if we're to survive...preferably the former...put the most important issues at hand first, eh? We can work out the rest soon enough."

DeletedUser31931

Aries stood and curled his fists. "What the hell! We have to prepare to defend ourselves. Who knows what could happen next. Watch the CCTV for this corridor and see if anything is coming." And with that he took a stance and prepared to fight.

DeletedUser

Scorpius rolled his tongue around in his mouth.
maybe Gemini was right, they needed food, and a way out.
"fine. we move out now, but i want answers." he replied sourly.
he walked forwards, past Gemini and towards the door of the room.

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
Cygnus watched with mounting horror as the cell's began to empty four, six, eight oh hell how many of them are there? "We have to get out of here theres no way in hell we can fight that lot" he exclaimed throwing open the desk drawers in search of some kind of weapon and finding none.
The CCTV cycled round to show the two men in the corridor arguing about something before returning to show the growing mobs as they left their cells.
Jumping up from his seat Cygnus made his way towards the far door "You can stay here and fight them but i am getting out of here....i fancy my chances are better with the other two" he called, kicking the opposite door open before disappearing into the corridor beyond.
-------------------------------------------
Gemini
The womans eyes widened with growing horror as the Scorpius made his claims of remembering her, she hadn't realised that he had been in amongst them....they had been wearing cam cream and it had been so long ago and then another thought struck her.
Whirling round she grabbed Gemini's arm a look of desperation in her eyes "Gemini theres something i need to tell you...something really important..."
Her train of thought was suddenly interupted as a door crashed open several metres down the corridor, a large man stepping out into the corridor, his head darting left and right as if something was chasing him before he started heading in their direction.
----------------------------------------------
Cassie
She felt calm and relaxed as if she'd just had a long hot bath and several glasses of wine a slightly worrying thought seen as she'd just drank her own blood.
The others were sat talking to one another again, causing the same paranoid sensations to creep back into her brain, the feeling that they knew what she was, what she'd been doing back in the store cupboard, she started rubbing at the corners of her mouth certain that the bright red smear would still be there, anouncing to the world what she'd been doing.
"Lets...lets see if we can get that shutter open then" she said in a voice full of forced cheeriness.
Carefully reachin through the hole she'd made, Cassie undid the latch holding the window in place and slid it aside and then with teh help of the Noctua she heaved the shutter up only to be met by a pair of leering sightless eyes, Cassie screamed.

DeletedUser31931

Aries thought for a second and then the rational part of his brain agreed with Cygnus. He ran through the door after Cygnus, determined to catch him up.

DeletedUser

Scorpius stopped in his tracks as the large man ran into the corridor.
Scorpius' fingers closed around the Swiss army knife, and he brought it out of his pocket, brandishing it at the man.
"STOP! who are you?" Scorpius bellowed.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini ducked instinctively when the man came roaring through, making him think he was more suited to running away than fighting. His maneuver brought him near the woman again, so he decided to figure out what she was talking about. "You said there was something important I need to know?" he prompted.