Project Genesis

DeletedUser25825

Andromeda frowned at the sudden appearance and retreat of another being. The fact she was dressed in a nursing uniform, did nothing to assuage Andromeda's opinion. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, and advanced on the door the "nurse" had retreated through. She studied the door, stepped to the side of it, turned the knob, and if it released pushed the door open without standing in the opening.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini winced and rubbed the spot that the needle had gone in. The woman had understated the pain, but at least he was feeling better now. He wondered where the woman had gone...he owed her at least a thank you. She had quite possibly saved his life, and all this without truly knowing him. Gemini...that was supposedly his name, tattooed on his arm. He hadn't even remembered his own name...what had those drugs done to his memory...and what had they done to the rest of him?

Gemini slowly sat up, and when he found that didn't cause him to nearly black out again, he slowly finished the transition to standing up. The tiles were cool on his bare feet, and he shivered slightly. He noticed a mirror over in a corner of the room and slowly shuffled over to it, as he couldn't remember what he looked like. His own appearance startled him. His long, slightly unkempt black hair outlined his angled face, almost gaunt in appearance. His eyes were a pale green that seemed to pierce himself rather than look at him. Now he understood why the woman had been so reluctant to help him at first...he couldn't blame her. He looked...ethereal. Shuddering slightly, he turned toward the door the woman had come from originally, then turned to the corpse of Virgo. "I wish I had known you," he said, his voice more steady and deep now that he had recovered somewhat. With that, he unsteadily walked toward the door...it was time to figure out where he was.

DeletedUser28032

Andromeda
The door swung open with barely a squeak the Nurse obviously forgetting to lock it as she made to escape.
With no threat to her immediate safety visible Andromeda slid into the room, to find herself in a modestly furnished office, a hardwood desk and leather chair stood facing the door whilst a set of green painted steel filing cabinets stood on the left hand wall and on the right was another door to which the nurse ran in her continued bid for freedom only find herself staring into some kind of stationary cupboard and with the other woman now standing in the doorway she had no where left to run.
Backing into a corner the nurse stared wide eyed asher hands began trembling by her sides "Please....please don't hurt me.....I....I just want to get out of here" she pleaded clearly terrified of the woman in front of her as for why Andromeda didn't know.
----------------------------------------------------------
Gemini
Opening the door through which the mysterious woman had originally entered he found himself looking into what seemed to be a combination of storeroom and changing room, no doubt so the surgeons could change into their scrubs before starting whatever tasks they performed back in the theatre.
A single wooden bench ran the entire length of the back wall with half a dozen steel lockers stood against the left, none of which seemed to be locked although whether not that was a good omen was yet to be seen. On the right hand wall their was a series of aluminium racks on which stood several neatly labelled plastic storage boxes containing a variety of medical gear ranging from plastic tubing and latex gloves to empty syringes and hermetically sealed surgical tools.
Unfortunatley though there was no way out this way, in order to leave this place he would have to go back into the theatre and leave via the large double doors that he'd seen earlier.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini sighed...he had hoped that the room would be more descriptive, but it didn't tell him much more than he already knew. They clearly experimented on people here, although what the end result was he had no clue. He was tempted to look into some of the lockers, but decided that even if he did find something of interest, he wouldn't know it's function. Plus, there was always the chance of him finding something that would render him unconscious again, leaving him for whoever had sent the mass of drugs through his body...and he had no desire to go there again...he couldn't rely on the woman...or anyone for that matter, helping him a second time. His steps getting more sure, he returned to the original room and made for the double doors.

DeletedUser13682

The everything had finally stopped, now he could think. In the light of the room, which had started to flicker, the bulb must be going out, he could see that he hadn't been there long, probably. He still had on his black dress trousers, dress boots, dark blue dress shirt, and his leather bomber jacket. But he felt like he had been there for ages, maybe due to the voices he kept hearing, which had also gone. As he was pondering this, the lights went out. He stayed where he was, waiting. A few minutes later, a light filtered in where no light should filter in from, the door to his cell must have been unlocked. He thought to himself that the door was electrically locked somehow, and when the main power went out, the door unlocked. He peeked out, and saw nobody. The place must be abandoned.

After braving the area on the other side of the door, he saw that the corridor was abandoned, but for the same style doors, almost all of them cracked open, a few of them thrown wide open. But for the dim emergency lighting and him, he was all alone as far as he could tell. He walked down the corridor, looking for signs of life. For awhile he couldn't find any, but eventually, after much wandering, he found a hallway with an ajar door, inside was a pleading voice. Maybe just an old video, but better to check it out. He went through the door, grabbing for something in his pocket. "I am duh..." he said, stopping when he saw there was nothing in his hand. His sleeve had moved up his arm a bit, and he saw that there was a tattoo there that he knew hadn't been there before. He moved the sleeve up to reveal it, and saw that it said Noctua Cerberus. That was a good enough name for now, as he couldn't recall his real name. "I am Noctua Cerberus. I demand to know what is going on here," he said to the two females in the room, one of whom was backed into a corner.

DeletedUser25825

Andromeda watched the cowering form, curious as to why it was the nurse who feared her. Andromeda decided most likely the nurse had recognized her from having been quarantined. As the nurse plead for her safety, and mentioned getting out of the facility Andromeda seconded that assertion by saying, "You and me both lady."

She opened her mouth to say more, and immediately jerked her head toward the entry as Noctua Cerebus made his presence known, and for the third time today Andromeda found herself slapping her hand to an empty left hip. She idly wondered why she continued to make the motion, knowing full well there was no weapon strapped there, as she studied the man who introduced himself and demanded answers. She had no answer to give, so looked toward the "authority figure".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

Gemini
The double doors opened slowly out to reveal a corridor, the emergency lights flickering on and off casting a strange half light on its surroundings. A door suddenly opened to his right causing him to drop into a crouh, his hands automatically balling themselves into fists ready to confront any would be assailants.
Stepping out of the shadows and into what passed for light in this poorly lit section of corridor, Gemini watched as the woman who'd helped him only a few moments ago head down the corridor towards him only to suddenly stop when she finally spotted him "Gordon Bennet!....you nearly gave me a heart attack" she scolded although a smile quickly followed once she'd suitably recovered.
Stood opposite him, Gemini noticed that not only was she about the same height as he was but that she was no longer dressed in the hospital pyjama's he'd seen her in earlier but was instead wearing a charcoal grey skirt and white blouse, a pair of sensible black shoes on her feet "I see your back on your feet, How are you feeling?...because i pumped enough epinephrine into you to wake a horse" she said giving a light hearted laugh.
---------------------------------------------
Cassie
With no sign of either of the two patients opposite her intending to attack her, the nurse relaxed a little but by no means let her guard down, after all there was no telling how dangerous these people could be "We're in the medical wing" she spoke quietly her eyes rapidly moving from the woman in hospital scrubs and the uniformed man stood in the doorway, with all forms of insignia hastily ripped off there was no telling what service the uniform belonged to, though judging by the way he stood it probably wasn't the postal service.
Digging her nails into the palms of her hands in an attempt to stop them from trembling she turned her attention to the woman from whom she originally ran from "My...my names Cassie....please i don't want any trouble I just want to get out of here"
-----------------------------------------------
Cygnus
The snow fell softly onto his upturned face as he stood in amongst a grove of tree's, their leaves and bark both a dark red, almost the shade of dried blood. Spreading his arms out wide he slowly revolves on the spotting gazing up at the sky as it swirls overhead....he is dreaming, he's had the same dream for weeks now and so when the voice comes from behind him he isn't suprised when he see's the man stood in front of him or the gun in his hands as he pulls the trigger.
He awakes with the slamming off doors as they are thrown open, his own cell door revealing a crack of light as it inched outward under its own weight.
Rising to his feet he pulls the pyjama top over his heavily scarred chest, some were the precission cuts of a surgeon a testament of what they were doing to him, the others however the much older and spoke of a more violent nature.
Gently pushing open the door he watched as two men left their cells, one calling to the other.
6' tall with broad shoulders and a well muscled physique he was confident that either of them decided to cause him any trouble he was more than capable of handling it.
Brushing aside a long tangled lock of brown hair he revealed his single muddy brown eye, the other bright blue. Leaning up against the door frame he decided to watch the other two for a little while longer before finally revealing himself to them.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini had just had several confusing events occur in rapid proximity from one another. First, he had immediately taken up a defensive stance when the door opened, and yet he had no knowledge of ever doing so before. It appeared though that this was a part of him so deeply ingrained even the total loss of his memory hadn't suppressed it. The woman who had likely saved his life had then appeared through the doorway and had used a name...Gordon Bennet...who was he? Then there was the whole thing of the woman being more suitably dressed than she had been moments before, which made him wonder if he could find a change of clothes himself.

In response to her questions, he nodded. "I'm feeling much better, thank you." He realized that while his body was relaxed, his eyes were constantly moving, noticing every subtle shift in the woman's posture, body language, and other such things. He spared it no thought at the moment though, and instead asked, "Who is Gordon Bennet? And where can I get clothes that are more suited to being up and about?" He hesitated for a moment, then added, "and while we're at it, who are you?"

DeletedUser13682

The woman wearing hospital clothing turned toward him, but didn't say anything. Instead, she reached for a weapon on her left side. Noctua began to move toward her, ready to tackle her to the ground, but stopped suddenly when he saw that she didn't have a weapon. Well at least he had some training in dealing with weapons, Noctua thought to himself. "You nearly gave me a start there, love. Lucky you were only faking." The other woman spoke, dressed in some nursing clothes, probably an employee. According to Cassie, she wanted to get out of this place, probably if it was the last thing she ever did.

"Well, that's great, love. So would I, but we are stuck here, this room, until I get some answers." Noctua walked to the door, and slammed it shut. "Now, I don't hurt poeple, but it seems like your people have been hurting me. I don't know what's going on, I can't even remember anything of my life before the screaming, and the whispering, and that bleeding cell. So, I suggest you answer my questions, since you're the one who works here." Noctua pointed to the other woman in the room. "Why is she in hospital clothing, while I'm still in my clothes? What is this place? Why do I have Noctua Cerberus on me arm? Why is this place abandoned?" Noctua spoke to the other woman, in a much kinder voice. "You can sit down if you want, or you can leave. But I would at least like to know your name, and why you thought you had a shooter on your hip."

DeletedUser

Scorpius moved further down the corridor, continuingto use the wall for guidance, suddenly the lights flickered back on and he could see two people about twenty yards down the corridor.
immiedietly he dropped down onto one knee, bringing his left arm forwards as if holding a long object from the underside, whilst his right arm went into a right angle, creating a hollow between his forearm and his shoulder. the fingers on his right hand stretched out, as if holding something, with the index finger further out, curved, looking at his arms he realised that they were holding a weapon that wasn't there. he had to stop doing this.
Scorpius stood up and began to walk towards them, soon he could see them in more detail, one was a man, the other was a woman with her back turned to Scorpius, they were talking. the man was asking the woman where he could find more suitable clothes.
"Hello?" Scorpius called out, hoping for answers to the questions that were rolling around in his head.

DeletedUser28032

Gemini
"Full of questions aren't we?" she said chuckling softly "Truth be told i have no idea who Gordon Bennet is it just....It just seemed natural to say it....it was just automatic like i was on autopilot, am i making any sense here?....Anyway i found the clothes in some kind of changing room I was just lucky that she had the same shoe size as me, as for my name...well that would be telling wouldn't it"
Looking past Gemini's shoulder the smile disappeared from her face to be replaced by a look of concern "Whose that over there? Friend of yours?" she spoke quietly indicating the man in the corridor behind them, he was dressed in the same style hospitals clothes as they had been with both of his arms bandaged up to the elbows.
The man called out a greeting to them as he slowly approached before suddenly stopping with a look of mild confusion on his face as if he'd just experienced a mild case of De ja vu "May be you should say hello or something?" she quietly sugested once the expression had left the mans face.
Scorpius
Something very strange had just happened to him or at least....he thougth so but now he wasn't too sure.
It had been whilst he had approaching the man outside the double doors when the woman he'd been talking to simply vanished that is if she had been even there to begin with. A strange inner turmoil raged within him as part of his mind told him that a woman had just vanished before his eyes whilst another said that she had never been there to begin with, things were beginning to get very strange indeed.
-------------------------------------------------
Cassie
Cassie shrank back into the corner of the room trying desperatly to sink through the concrete and escape the man standing before, her heart began to pound in her chest like a bass drum getting faster and faster as he continued to relentlessly question her "I...I don't know....Please...I ...I Just want to leave" she pleaded as teh tears began to roll down her cheeks and images filled her mind, blood and teeth, the rending of flesh followed by the bitter coppery taste as it filled her mouth.
Such thoughts were wrong, so very wrong but she couldn't help herself, the more she tried to supress them the clearer they seemed to get.
"Stop it, stop it, stop it" she quietly began pleading, Sinking to the floor clutching her head with her pale trembling hands.
Noctua Cerberus
It was as the Nurse Cassie began to sink to the floor, that they returned....the whispering, but this wasn't the cacophonous noise of before, the constant wall of sound that had driven him almost to the point of insanity this was....quieter, more focused as if he'd managed to tune into a single station instead of fifty.
The whispering stopped almost as quickly as it had started giving him no time to concentrate on what may or may not have been said instead all he got was a single vivid image. Blood.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini resisted the urge to frown. The answers weren't helping him much, but he knew she was trying her best to answer the questions, except her name. He was about to demand an answer to that when the approach of another man interrupted them. He didn't respond to the woman's question if they were friends, as his eyes had just gone into hyperdrive. They focused on the man's eyes, which had just gotten a wild look in them. They focused on his hands, which clenched slightly and without warning. They focused on his jawline, which tightened slightly and spasmodically. From this he instantly knew the man had been badly shocked by something, but was trained not to show it. He wondered how he knew that, but didn't dwell on it, as he asked after the woman snidely suggested he say hi, "Are you ok?"

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot](OCC: Sorry for the delay, rough couple of days at work, the next few days are also gonna be hectic so im gonna separate myself so nobody has to wait on me to post- I may get a chance to get on but if I do it wont be often)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Orion ignored the calls from the other man, he didn't mean to be rude but it was clear they both had completely different objectives and Orion wasn't ready to leave yet, quite the contrary, he planned to stay at least till he completed his tasks. Orion mentally listed his need to do list. One he needed paper and pen, two he needed answers and last but the most important was a weapon any kind of weapon but one that shoots would be best which was what he was after now[/FONT]

DeletedUser13682

At the nurse's crying and cowering, Noctua just chuckled a bit. "Cone now love, crocodile tears won't help you here. You're in trouble, you are. Well, unless if you can convince me you're innocent." Cassie slid to the floor, back against the wall, pleading for him to stop it. "Sorry love, I don't stop til you start providing." Just then, the whispering came back to him, but there was only one voice. Noctua tried tuning into it, but it faded away. What was left from that whisper was an image, the image of blood. Blood everywhere the eye could see, it seemed like. "NO! Come back you! Quit cowering, and get back here!" Noctua yelled to the firmament. "Tell me what the blood means!" But no answer.

By now, Noctua was facing away from the others in the room, looking up into the opposite corner. He hadn't realized how he had gotten there, but it dawned on him that he might have seemed like a fool there just now. He whirled around, and looked back at the nurse. "Right then," Noctua said to her, quieter now. "Um... I really think you should answer those questions. Or at least as best as you can. It's not a good place this is, I don't think, and I want the same thing you want, out of here. But I don't know anything about myself, or this place, and I want to know. You can understand, right? If your entire life just got up and disappeared, you would want to know what happened too, right?" Noctua grabbed the other chair in the office, and offered it to the nurse. "Here, have a seat, just relax, and tell me everything you can."

DeletedUser25825

Andromeda continued to watch the drama unfold, not adding a peep really. She was very confused by the entire ordeal, and had barely came to grips with anything involving herself, let alone two complete strangers. The Noctua fellow had asked her to identify herself, and even that simple task seemed to be beyond her capability at the moment. She muddled through that thought as the man continued to interrogate the nurse, who just wanted to leave it seemed.

The man suddenly went wide-eyed, and spun to face the opposite direction. Andromeda raised an eyebrow, and watched him seem to get a handle on himself and return to a softer technique with the nurse. It intrigued Andromeda. The questioning didn't exactly seem foreign to her, and she was even finding were she to start asking the questions, she'd most likely select a similar approach, yet vary it slightly. She had no clue as to why, but it seemed instinctual almost.

DeletedUser31931

Aries did not like being ignored. He was angry now. Suddenly there was a voice in his head "Not now!" and he collapsed to the floor in agony clutching his head. Images flashed through his head. All going so quick he couldn't register any of them. Suddenly they stopped, he jerked back into his body to find himself lying against the wall. Suddenly there was a very cold, ly feeling down his back. His hand went instinctively to his leg. He felt the leg there, there was a mark there. A holster rub, from where a pistol holster had rubbed against his skin. So how was that connected to him, and how had the mark got there? All these questions ran through his head. He suddenly saw movement in an office down the corridor. He stood up and slowly walked towards it his fists curling, preparing for a fight.

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
Leaving the relative safety of his cell he began to quietly follow one of the men, the other having disappeared round a corner leaving the other man bellowing after him, he was angry he could understand that he'd just been abandoned by the only other person he'd seen.
As he drew closer to the man, his bare feet making absolutely no sound as they moved along the tiled floor he watched as the man dropped to his knee's clutching his head in agony, without even thinking he moved quickly to see if the man required any assistance, in hind sight he should have called out first.
Placing his hand upon the mans shoulder he had barely opened his lips when the man whirled round with his fist slamming into his chest, it hurt but nowhere near as much as it should do what had they done to him?
Reacting more on instincts than any actual training he grabbed the other mans hand and twisted it around his back before bringing his lips up to the mans ear "I am sorry i shouldn't have done that....now can i let you go or do i have to keep you like this?"
Aries
His knuckles exploded with pain as he drove his fist into the mans chest, it was like his rib cage was made of steel. Twisting his arm around his back he suddenly discovered how strong this man really was, Aries was no light touch my any means in fact something deep down told him that this shouldn't be happening to him, however it would seem that this man was more than a match for him and yet he apologised calmly and politley in his deep gravelly voice genuinely sory for having to inflict pain upon him despite the fact that he was strong enough to break Aries' arm in several places with ease.
Cassie
The images continued to swim before her eyes as her heart pounded like a jack hammer and breathing sped up to the point of hyperventilation. Adrenaline...that was the problem they had done something to her Adrenal glands but what and why blood? a bitter coppery taste began to fill her mouth like had done last time No! not again!...please
The mans voice began to filter through to her, he was speaking calmly now, the yelling had stopped as had the need to defend herself.
Cuffing the tears from her cheeks Cassie forced her self to calm down taking several deep breaths befoe standing on shaking legs and taking the offered chair, although the others would probably construe the shaking as fear, she knew it to be the excessive amounts of adrenaline pumping through her body.
"We...we're in the medical wing" she spoke softly, her hand unconciously gripping one of her wrists as they sat trembling in her lap "I don't know why your still wearing clothes....maybe your new here?" she sugested hoping that the answer would satisfy him, the woman had yet to say anything but her eyes studied the extremely pale woman sat before her.
Returning her gaze to the uniformed man before her, fearing the woman would recognise her for what she was she continued in her softly spoken voice "I...I think i know why no one else is here though" slowly putting her hand into her top pocket she retrieved a small white plastic card, the centre of which was completely black, a bad omen for those who recognised what she held within her hands.
-------------------------------------------------------
Andromeda
As the nurse, now somewhat calmer than she had been before pulled the small plastic card from her pocket Andromeda felt her breath catch in her throat, for what the woman had produced was a radiation indicator and from the look of it this entire place was swimming with the stuff.
Suddenly her head was filled with images, of young men screaming, their faces covered blisters and blood pouring from every orifice. Dressed in scrubs she and a group of identically clad people descended upon them in an attempt to save them as their teeth and hair fell from their heads.
However no sooner had the images arrived they were gone, no....not images....memories, memories of a previous life

DeletedUser13682

The nurse seemed to react better to softer tones of voice, and a more friendly approach. It was the best way to get his answers. She was in the chair, and answered some of his questions. She said they were in the medical wing, nothing really necessary there, unless somebody got injured. The nurse's and Noctua's conclusions about his clothes seemed to match, so probably true. But then, she said she knew why nobody else was there, and pulled out a small card, a white card with a black dot in the center. Noctua's first thought was pirates, and their infamous black spot, but it couldn't be pirates. "Alright, I'll bite. What's it mean? I doubt it's any good."

DeletedUser31931

"My...Name...Is...Aries." he grunted out under the pain that still lingered from his headaches "And...Could...You...Please...Let...Go...Of...Me."

DeletedUser

Scorpius blinked, the woman still hadn't reappeared. had he just imagined a woman? if so was the other man imaginary as well? the voice inside his head stayed silent, letting his brain scream out for answers and giving none.
"are you ok?" the man asked.
Scorpius opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what to do. finally he managed to put together a sentence despite the chaos that was raging inside him.
"yes." he lied. "who are you? where are we?"