Project Genesis

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini knew he was lying. He had looked down and to the left when he said fine, which he knew was a clear-cut sign of a lie. However, he decided not to pursue the matter, and instead answered the question. "I've been told I'm Gemini. Apparently that's my name, but I have no idea if it is or not. As to where we are, your guess is as good as mine. Until about 15 minutes ago, I was on my deathbed...literally. Then she helped me, (here he nodded at the woman) and now I'm feeling a bit better. What about you? Do you know your name?"

DeletedUser

"I think i'm called Scorpius, although i can't be sure as the tattoo on my arm is mostly gone." he lifter up his arm to show the bandages.
interesting, Gemini could still see the woman. which either meant that Scorpius was mad, and this was all imaginary, or he had just imagined the woman disappearing, either way he was going mad. "do you know where we are?" Scorpius asked. the voice in his head was still silent, why wouldn't it give him answers?

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
Releasing his grip of Aries and stepping out of the way lest he decided to become violent, Cygnus offered his hand to the other man, his two tone eyes glinting in half light cast by emergency fittings "They call me Cygnus, Its a pleasure to meet you Aries....Now let us see if we can't find our way out of here" he said turning to head down the corridor paying no attention to any of the other cell doors as they passed them "So how long do you reckon you've been down here then?....I mean how much can you remember?"
-----------------------------------------------
Gemini
"Its nice to meet you" the woman said with a smile although it was clear that Scorpius had seen none of this, his eyes seeming to look straight through her.
"Theres some more clothes in that back room though i can't promise that any of it will fit you" she spoke this time to Gemini "Come follow me"
She led the two men down the corridor past several doors before leading them into a small changing room, allowing Gemini to hold the door open for her as she led them into a small white painted room with two benches sitting back to back in the centre of the room and blue painted lockers along the left hand wall. Straight opposite them were two more doors one was a for a small washroom the other led them into yet another operating theatre although for some reason this door appeared to be locked, an empty locker thrown in front of it although it was hard to tell whether it had been knocked over in the rush to leave this place or whether it was a deliberate barricade.

DeletedUser

Scorpius had no idea why Gemini had led him here, he could only guess that it had something to do with the woman.
he opened a nearby blue locker and took out a set of clothes, jeans and a black hoodie. quickly he put them on, putting the hood up as well, liking the feeling of having his face hidden from view, were had that come from?
Scorpius looked over to where the empty locker had been thrown against the door.
"do you think we should try and get in there?" he asked Gemini.

DeletedUser31931

Aries stood back up and gulped in fresh air which he suddenly took at lot less for granted. "How could you do that so easily?" he murmured under his breath. As Cygnus set off Aries followed, figuring that this man would be a useful ally. When Cygnus asked him the questions he replied " I don't know, I just remember endless amounts of time and pain, lots of pain. I tried to count the days by putting scratches in a wall but I get the feeling that the guards would cover up and add more as a joke. I don't know. Now my turn, how did you withstand my blow so easily and when you were strangling me you were exerting no effort at all. How?"

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini had selected his own apparel, dark gray Khakis and a somewhat dressy dark blue sweater being the prominent selections. He had found some relatively-well-fitting black dress shoes, so he looked more formal than Scorpius. He felt comfortable in these kind of clothes, as though he wore them frequently...it felt odd, but he didn't pay it heed. Instead he went over to the overturned locker that blocked the one door. "My concern is the door itself is locked, so without a matching key we won't be getting through the door regardless of what we do with the locker." He looked to the woman. "Do you know of an exit out of this building?"

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
She swallowed deeply before preceeding the break the potentially bad news, her nerves on edge once more as she was unsure how the man in front of her would take it, a violent reaction would be very bad for both of them "Its a radiation indicator tag....they use them in nuclear power plants and accordig to this one...we should be dead" she waited anxiously for the information to filter through his brain, her foot tapping nervously against the chair leg.
"If its any help I...i think i saw some med down in a store room not far from here" she supplied helpfully although seen as they weren't currently vomiting blood she wasn't quite sure how useful they would be after all they should be dead already and yet they weren't
----------------------------------------------
Cygnus
Loud booming laughter echoed down the corridors causing Cygnus to lean against a nearby wall "In case you haven't noticed I am a big guy besides which i have been here a long time so whatever these people have been doing to me must be starting to kick it" he said rolling the sleeve of his pyjama's to reveal a long vertical scar running the entire length of his arm, however this wasn't the result of some failed suicide but the precision cut left by a skilled surgeon "theres another one on my other arm, wrist to armpit" his limbs had burned for days when they had first started operating on him now it was just a near constant dull ache.
"Now...this is a big place so there should be a map somewhere....how about we check out down there?" he asked nodding his head towards a fairly heavy duty door halfway down the corridor, something about that door intrigued him it was the only one he'd seen that wasn't a standard wood door "must be something worthile in there seen as they've gone to the trouble of building a door to keep people out" he said in a matter of fact tone, although he once considered that the door may be in order to keep something from getting out.
-----------------------------------------------------
Gemini
"hmmm no....but i do know away we could find out" she said moving over to examine the door, bending down to peer through the crack between the door and the jam "I saw a map mounted on a wall outside of doctors office...you know like the kind you get in shopping centres with X marks the spot" she giggled quielty at her joke leaning against the door in a relaxed manner "Unfortunatly the quickest route is through this door...though we could probably find a route around it if need be"
------------------------------------------------------
Scorpius
Scorpius found himself catching glimpses of the mystery woman out of the corner of his eye but only when she appeared to be close to him. If she walked past a certain distance or he turned his head in an attempt to focus on her she would dissapear from sight and memory entirely, a fact that his mind was slowly coming to terms with despite how frustating it was made worse by the fact that his new comarade Gemini was having no such difficulties in fact he appeared to activley conversing with her.
Catching a momentary glimpse of her leaning against the door Scorpius suddenly had a vivid flash of memory surge through his brain, closing his eyes he tried to hold on as best as he could before it disappeared entirely;

The recruits sat on the floor in a semi circle as an old man dressed in the same BDU's and face cream as they were talked them through basic breaking and entering techniques a skill they would require if they were to excell in this particular unit. There were only five of them sat upon teh floor and none of them were above thirty yet their attention was entirely on the old man as he popped lock's using a combat knives and hammered out the pins from hinges in order to remove an entire door from its frame.
Turning to face him the old man beckons you to demonstrate to the others what you have learned. With a pounding heart you watch as your past self opens the door, the old man smiles and you realise that any moment now he will say your name...even if its only your last name its still your name "Very good....you have done well comrade..."

Suddenly a low noise almost like growl comes from behind the door disrupting the memory before the old man could utter a single letter of his name.

DeletedUser13682

Noctua listened to the woman mention radiation. According to her, they all should be dead, but they weren't dead, at least not that Noctua could tell. Well, that could mean a few things. It was old, given to her as a trick to see how gullible she was, but the place was mostly abandoned. Option two, the radiation had long been gone, at least to low enough levels to not harm anybody, but then why were there still people alive who survived it? Third, they were in an area not radiated away. "Where did you get that card?" Noctua asked. "You haven't been carrying it with you the entire time it turned black, did you?"

Then the nurse mentioned something about medical supplies being nearby. Noctua thought for a moment, taking stock of himself. He didn't seem to have any injuries, he felt fine. Though he was hungry, as his stomach told him. "No, I don't think we need medical supplies at this time, but food and drink would be good. I think it would be best to find some food right now. I have no clue how long it was since I ate or drank anything, but it has to have been at least two days."

DeletedUser31931

"I agree. Let's check it out." Aries said and walked up to the door. He tried the handle to no avail, it was locked. "Well I guessed that it wouldn't work, but it was worth a try" he said to Cygnus "I'll just try a more direct approach now" and he took a step back and then executed a perfect roundhouse kick (one of the most basic karate manoeuvres) and slammed his foot into the door. It didn't hurt him at all, which was strange considering he now realised he had no footwear on. The door shuddered but refused to budge. "You want to try?" he offered to Cygnus.

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
"I am...I am not sure" she said turnig the small plastic card over and over in her fingers, in truth she didn't know how long she'd had the card let alone when it turned black but seen as none of them were dying at this point in time it probably wasn't important.
At the mention of food Cassie nodded in agreement, although she had already eaten so to speak ...well... sort of she decided that food would be a good idea, there was no telling how long they would have to survive down here.
Wracking her brain for any memorey of a store room or canteen Cassie realised that with the exception of a few cups of coffee she hadn't seen much in the way of food maybe they were on the wrong level?
"I think theres a guard station at the end of the corridor it'll have a coffee machine at least" she offered, it would appear that snack machines would have to suffice until they managed to find a canteen or something.
rising from her chair her Cassie walked over and opened the door checking both ends of the corridor before leaning back inside the room "Follow me i think its this way"
------------------------------------------------
Cygnus
Rapping the doors surface with his knuckles Cygnus listened to the hollow clunking sound it gave off well at least its not solid steel he thought to himself as he took a step back. slamming his foot just above the lock the door shuddered in its mountings, the loud crash reverberating down the long bare corridors.
After kicking the door twice more in this fashion he stepped back shaking his head in defeat "No we're won't bring it down like this...i could kick it harder but i'd only break my foot" crouching down on the floor in order to catch his breath he studied the door a little closer, there were no hinges present so it obviously opened into the room behind it however the lock appeared to be simple enough "I don't suppose you know how to pick a lock?" he asked wearily he got the impression that once upon a time he could have opened the damn thing within a heartbeat but not now, no doubt there would be an office nearby in which they could find something appropriate for the job.

DeletedUser31931

Aries watched as Cygnus tried, and failed and was shocked, how could this man, with so much strength, not be able to bring down a door? When Cygnus asked him the question Aries replied "Yes." not even knowing why, and then as if he were acting on impulse he slid into an office, picked up a paper-clip and walked back to the door. "Be very quiet." he said and then he put his ear to the lock and slowly twisted it, haggling his way past the lock system. Finally after three or four minutes the lock clicked open, Aries pulled out the paper-clip, still unsure how he had done it and stood back. "I'll leave the honour to you." he said and left Cygnus to open the door because he was unsure what was behind the door and he thought Cygnus would stand a much better chance than him in any fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Scorpius snapped out of the memory and stared at the door, trying to concentrate on the problem at hand, even though most of his mind was still thinking about the memory.
eventually he managed to focus his mind.
"if we're going to get in there, we need weapons." he said, his eyes already flicking around the room, searching.
seeing nothing at first glance he began opening the lockers and throwing out the contents.
"there must be something..." he muttered as he searched through the pockets of an anorak.

DeletedUser25825

Andromeda stepped aside as the nurse moved over to the door. It wasn't her place to keep people coming or going. She'd listened to the interrogation, and felt a flare of interest surge as medical supplies were mentioned. It seemed to trigger a memory much more pleasant than the people screaming and dying at the mention of blood. She could almost feel the comforting weight of some manner of medical bag, but quickly lost the memory. As the radiation tag was spoken of, she murmured, "Iodine is supposed to protect some against radiation. Maybe the card has been here so long, it's just inundated, rather than a massive leak that would have killed all?" She frowned as the two looked at her, and shared no more.

Andromeda waited for Cassie and the other character to enter the hallway, and stepped on in tow. It was going to be a real long time if they weren't able to locate some manner of sustenance. She still had a great deal of interest in the medical supplies as well. As she walked along, she quietly mentioned, "We may want to check the med supplies. We might not be hurt, but there are other things that may be required. If nothing else, we could run into others who might need attention."

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini had edged away from the door at the sound of the growl. Something in him had immediately adopted a fleeing mindset. He judged that he was used to dealing only with things that were within his abilities. "I'm thinking we may not want to go that way, if there's something over there..." he mumbled.

DeletedUser

"What, and leave a threat unmolested? leave it to attack others?" Scorpius replied, wait, why was he talking like that? why wouldn't the voice in his head start speaking?
he wanted answers. and if the thing behind the door might be a clue, then so be it.
Scorpius continued tearing through the lockers, eventually he found a small Swiss Army Knife in a pocket of a jacket. this would have to do.

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
The door despite its weight swung silently into the corridor beyond with only the barest of sounds "Nice one" Cygnus complimented his new companion as he strode into a long white painted corridor not much different than the one they had just left however this one seemed somehow more...formidable. The doors seemed sturdier than the ones on their own cells, a black rubber panic button ran along the length of the corridor and a set of CCTV camera's sat perched in the corners so as to cover the entire length of the corridor, Pausing in front of one such camera Cygnus looked directly into its cyclopian lense and waved his hands before it and gaining no response for his troubles though whether this was because the monitors on the other end were unoccupied or he was simply being ignored was unclear.
Walking the length of the corridor, Cygnus checked the doors as he went but found them to be securely locked by a large deadbolt no doubt on an entirely different circuit to the ones that had held their doors closed.
Only one door was open out of the entire wing and what greeted them inside was a grisly sight indeed. The bodies lay broken and sprawled accross the floor like a childs rag doll after it'd been thrown to the ground in a tantrum, limbs lay twisted and torn in large pools of congealing blood, however it was their throats, torn out as if by a rabid dog that had killed them, two of the bodies, male by the looks of them were clad in pale blue nurse's uniforms the third however a short blonde woman had been stripped down to her underwear her pale green eyes staring up at them in vacant horror.
"Lets get out of here i am starting to think it was a mistake coming here" Cygnus muttered quietly, his eyes fixed upon the carnage before him "Come i think theirs a nurses station at the end of the corridor".
-----------------------------------------------
Cassie
Moving down the corridor with the heels of her shoes clicking upon the white vinyl tiles Cassie's eyes scanend the door labels, stopping suddenly upon seeing the one she needed "Here it is " she exclaimed pushing open the unlocked door to reveal a small medical store, stainless steel racking covering all of the walls from floor to ceiling and although the room was no larger than the average broom cupboard it appeared to be well stocked with basic medical supplies "The door wasn't locked so i doubt you'll find much in the way of meds but its better than nothing" she said stepping inside.
With the cupboards light out of action it took some time for Cassies eyes to adjust to the poor light inside though little by little she found shew as able to read the labels, upon spotting the small plastic blood pack Cassies heart began to race, her hand trembling only slightly as she quickly snatched the packet a shoved it into her pocket once she was certain that the other two were too busy to pay any attentio to her "Once you've found what you need i'll show you to the guard station from their we can decide what to do next"

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini frowned. "You do realize that we're completely unarmed aside from a puny knife, right? There's no way we could defend ourselves against anything that could attack others. If you want to do it, go right ahead, but I'm out of here if you do." He looked to the woman for support.

DeletedUser13682

Noctua looked suspiciously at the nurse, she had seemed like she had food at some recent point in time, Noctua wanted to ask her, but the other woman in the room spoke up, something about iodine causing the radiation. At least Noctua knew they both could talk, which was always a good thing, what with Noctua not knowing sign language. The other woman said that medical supplies would be good to grab, and treat others they might encounter, which was unlikely, in Noctua's opinion. But, as long as they got to the guard station, it was fine with him to make a detour.

They had arrived at the medical area, the room was pretty dark, due to the light inside not working. Noctua opted to stay outside, not needing any supplies. He was watching the proceedings of the tile floor near the room, where out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw the nurse stuff something into her pocket. Noctua became interested, for the look on her face suggested it was something she was ashamed of, and didn't want the others to know about. Noctua waited for her to leave, and went to the area she was at. The only empty shelf was above the label that said blood pack. Now, naturally, this worried Noctua a bit. He walked over to the woman in hospital gown, and whispered to her. "I want to talk to you aobut that nurse. I think something's off with her."

DeletedUser28032

Gemini
Feeling Gemini's gaze upon her the woman moved away from the door to stand beside him before making her wary reply "It...may be prudent for us to go around the long way though we may have to face whatevers in there eventually...if....theres anything in there at all" she'd heard the growling sound coming from out of the door like the others had but she had yet to decide whether or not what she'd heard posed any kind of danger to them.
"I'll try and lead us around...if thats what you two want"

DeletedUser

Scorpius saw Gemini look towards wherehe suspected the woman was.
the woman must have said something, because Gemini nodded in agreement.
despite not knowing what the woman had said, Scorpius could see Gemini's point.
he nodded his head in agreement, despite not even knowing what he was agreeing to.