Votes: 28 16.8%
  • NO

Votes: 45 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24989

i love your idea. but to make it better you should makes bandits attack you at night when you are working or something like that. but they can't attack you while you are in your town.does my idea sound good?:)

DeletedUser25632

Option 2 or 3 would be better than Option 1 as some people may never be able to play 21:00 - 5:00.

DeletedUser

Please stop voting option 3.Wen we log out,is night.So how will we see the night? :))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please stop voting option 3.Wen we log out,is night.So how will we see the night? :))

Option 3 is every 8 hours, not on logout. Night would still be as visible. The advantage of 3 (I think) is that players who can only get on at a certain time of day can still see the night 50% of the time.

DeletedUser

Yes option 1
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
18 28.57%
Yes option 2
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
18 28.57%
Yes option 3
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
15 23.81%
NO
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
clear.gif
12 19.05%

sooo, in case of a 4 way tie... now what?

DeletedUser9470

Option 3 is every 8 hours, not on logout. Night would still be as visible. The advantage of 3 (I think) is that players who can only get on at a certain time of day can still see the night 50% of the time.

i find that ridiculous.
if i said i only log on from 1506 to 1508 every day then i would still only get either night or day.
like i said before, i think the onus ison the player if he wants to play at night time. so lets make night be a night time. whats the point in having night during the day?
cos a cry baby who hardly plays wants it that way?
seriously.

DeletedUser14006

Option 4 is the only way to go, too busy to give a reason why :)

DeletedUser

quote: "Option #2 Player time zone can dictate when the map goes to day or night"

Subject to player "hacking" if any of the bonuses mentioned were added because player could just change their computer time. If time zone was based on their geographic IP address location, STILL subject to player "hacking" by using a server proxy in a different location.

Option #1 is a BAD choice if any of the bonuses mentioned because time is based on some far away location so could end up being awake either usually during day light/night.

Option #3 is the ONLY reasonable possibility to avoid the issues for #1 & #2.

HOWEVER having day/night 3 times per 24 hours, means depending on your schedule being "stuck with 2 nights" or being lucky with "2 days" [assuming you can't play equally in consecutive days.

I would STRONGLY suggest modifying option #3 to a DOUBLE day/night every day ie 4 light changes per 24 hours, that way everyone will have an equal chance every day.

Personally I vote NO, for just the light/dark change.
IF in the future they want to add day/night with differing bonuses and stuff, than I would vote yes.

DeletedUser

I voted no. All that would do is make the icons harder to see IMO. Besides, I dont care much for money on any of my worlds, its mainly about XP right now. I dont want to log on every day to find out its night time and get less XP.

DeletedUser9470

I voted no. All that would do is make the icons harder to see IMO. Besides, I dont care much for money on any of my worlds, its mainly about XP right now. I dont want to log on every day to find out its night time and get less XP.

where do you see you get less xp atnight on this proposition?
this is only about graphics, and you would be able to see them, they would make it so its "lit up"...
it would look awesome.

DeletedUser

Neo even though we are voting for only a graphic change, the original post also mentions future additions that will change luck, experience and cash. That's why I voted against. Seeing night time would probably be cool but I don't want any other tweaks.

DeletedUser

Graphic change yes, anything else changed... This was not the initial idea I starred.
Sorry but I'll vote just like b00k did.

DeletedUser22575

Neo even though we are voting for only a graphic change, the original post also mentions future additions that will change luck, experience and cash. That's why I voted against. Seeing night time would probably be cool but I don't want any other tweaks.

if the overal concept makes it into the game... then you consider suggesting the nightly danger bonuses.

Voting no now ends the possibility of those other unneeded tweaks later.

DeletedUser

To be honest, this looks like a helluva lot of extra scripting and graphic work for minimal gain that isn't showing to be all that popular.

DeletedUser

To be honest, this looks like a helluva lot of extra scripting and graphic work for minimal gain that isn't showing to be all that popular.

Well it is not,but it will be.Is a great ideea and brings the game much closer to the real life.

DeletedUser9470

i agree, a few things were to blame for this:
1 - the 1st idea wasn't all that straightforward and led to a lot of confusion
2 - there are quite a few peeps who don't read, or just simply cannot understand English.

i see quite a few people have voted no to this idea through fear of loosing out on xp!!!
That was one of the ideas in the original thread.

the thread then changed to "just night graphics" but many couldn't be bothered to read so voted no.

along these lines i reckon more than 75% of people would actually like night graphics, but then if they cant be bothered to read and vote no out of laziness, then the idea should just as well be dropped.

it is a shame because the likes of other games like tribal wars, night-time just looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.