Votes: 28 16.8%
  • NO

Votes: 45 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22685

If we're bringing it in without bonuses, bring in the seasons as well.

Personally, I think Darknoon's idea of having it apply to each player's desired time-zone.

Deleted User - 1278415

seasons idea was submitted.... though I didn't get any feedback in regards to how far on the back burner it was put.

As for this idea... it is probably in the cards at some point to have a night time effect to the game but I doubt they would change the stats of jobs to meet that. If that concept were removed from the idea and just suggest some concept of day to night that all players were able to see a map at different times.

But I also know that some players play at the exact same time every day. So the game would either always be in night or day mode depending on that assumption and that really isnt fair to them.

DeletedUser

If we're bringing it in without bonuses, bring in the seasons as well.

Personally, I think Darknoon's idea of having it apply to each player's desired time-zone.

But without bonuses there's no point in having night & day :|

DeletedUser

of course there is!

it would look a lot better.
also be more exciting.
it would attract more new players too.

No. It wouldn't look a lot better. It would just look more realistic
Why would it be exciting? Oooohhh... a dark screen
OMG, man, u herd? The west haz day & night option. Wooo! I'm registering just for that. :p

Then, if you don't like the bonuses, maybe the night should also add some exciting night quests... night jobs...?

DeletedUser

I think the day and night idea, and the seasonal changes, would be amazing. I think it would work very well, and make the game more interesting, and keep it from getting monotonous.

DeletedUser

Will this idea make it to the voting ? after all it's had alot of buzz around it, would be interesting to see how well it does in a vote :)

DeletedUser22575

Will this idea make it to the voting ? after all it's had alot of buzz around it, would be interesting to see how well it does in a vote :)

seasons idea was submitted.... though I didn't get any feedback in regards to how far on the back burner it was put.

As for this idea... it is probably in the cards at some point to have a night time effect to the game but I doubt they would change the stats of jobs to meet that. If that concept were removed from the idea and just suggest some concept of day to night that all players were able to see a map at different times.

But I also know that some players play at the exact same time every day. So the game would either always be in night or day mode depending on that assumption and that really isnt fair to them.

^^ question answered :)

DeletedUser

Good evening!*

*get it?

Note: I checked if it was already posted and I found only 2 threads that don't look like mine ;)

So, without further ado... here it is:

Description: The sun sets over the wild west, you can hear people laughing in the saloon and the wild animals start to roam near the town. (well, this is more a literary description :unsure:)

How does the night affect actual gameplay?

- From 9 P.M. to 7 A.M. the map is darker (like in the picture)
- The danger of a job grows by 10% *
- The luck of a job grows by 10%**
- The wages of a job grow by 10%
- The experience of a job is lowered by 10%*

* It's dark and you can't see very well. You might trip or hit other things.
** Again... it's dark, maybe someone forgot or lost something valuable near your workplace
You have a nightjob, it's more difficult but your payment is bigger
* You're tired and you don't pay so much attention at things around you , maybe when you work at Prison Guarding a prisoner escapes and you have to catch him... that makes you waste time.

Objects that work at night: (obviously they have to be created)

- Henry's Candle: Henry Walker will give you for free an old candle. It lowers the danger of a job by 3% (only at night)

- Torch - You can use the torch to light even the darkest corners, or scare wild animals... but it may also set something on fire, be careful! It lowers the danger of a job by 7% but also lowers the payment of a job by 4% (you have to be careful with your torch near that pile of wood ;)) (it is used only at night)

- Gas Lamp - Lowers the danger of a job at night by 10%

*The Torch and The Gas Lamp are sold in the General Store (Torch at level 1, Gas lamp at level 2)
* The Torch costs 50$ and the Gas Lamp costs 100$

noapteawest.gif

06 October Edit:

Some of you don't like the exp. reduction and others said that the idea is not fully developed, so I decided to add more things:

- A premium function : "Working day and night" -> Wages : from +10% to +25% / Experience : from -10% to +15%
- New item: Coffee (you just have to keep it in the inventory) makes the experience rate from -10% to go back to normal.
- New missions...? (do I have to make them?)
- And finally... night makes the game more realistic... outlaws were usually stealing horses/robbing graves in the dark of the night.

I think that at night, the towns should light up, cause people are in them and that after 7PM, when it gets dark, it doesnt get dark instantly, but starts at normal light and on some nights if the moon is out, you can see it! then the light lowers and lowers until midnight, then it slowly gets lighter and lighter, what do you think? I also think that you should get attacked more often at night, by animals and *maybe* the undead! LOL

DeletedUser26406

Everyone wants this I see no reason why we can't just submit this to voting with a 8h rotation.

8h Night 8h Day

this way everyone gets the benefit of both night and day.

DeletedUser22575

Everyone wants this I see no reason why we can't just submit this to voting with a 8h rotation.

8h Night 8h Day

Not everyone wants this or is in favor of it. If you read this thread there is as many against it as for it.

Deleted User - 1278415

8h Night 8h Day

Well post #1 doesnt have anything about the 8 hour dilemma.

And Post #1 still has the:

- The danger of a job grows by 10% *
- The luck of a job grows by 10%**
- The wages of a job grow by 10%
- The experience of a job is lowered by 10%*

which doesnt sit well with me as it penalizes/benefits people who can only play at certain times of the day every day... while 8 hours does shift and help them out... it could be a nuisance.

Before I put a vote on the idea post #1 has to be cleaned up and if it goes as it currently is... I dont see how it will pass with 80%.

my goal is try to get your ideas to pass if possible before wasting everyone time and putting a vote on every fancy idea.

DeletedUser9470

well then just start a vote on the night graphics idea
12 hours day 12 hours night with the game hours following real time hours
ie when its daytime in your country its daytime in-game and same for night-time...
im sure devs are smart enough to work out time zones.

exactly the same as tribal wars.

Deleted User - 1278415

well then just start a vote on the night graphics idea
12 hours day 12 hours night with the game hours following real time hours
ie when its daytime in your country its daytime in-game and same for night-time...
im sure devs are smart enough to work out time zones.

exactly the same as tribal wars.

My issue with that is then for those who only play at night only get to see night time west.. and those that play at morning never get to see night time....

DeletedUser9470

My issue with that is then for those who only play at night only get to see night time west.. and those that play at morning never get to see night time....

They have to make it so its suits every countries time zones.

I have a point and i think is extremely valid:
If you only play in the morning then that's your problem.
why? well i would ask you:
is it an issue that you miss loads of fort battles because of this?
initially you say "yes, i missed out!" but then you say "no" because it ddnt really matter at the end of te day because you achieved something somewhere else in the game.
so its just tough love isn't it? you put up with it.
why?
because its the same for everyone

so theres 2 solutions:
you either play the game without it bothering you and plod along at your own pace.
or you go out of your way and wake up at 5 in the morning to maximise in-game earnings.
im for sure exaggerating but im think you get my point

At the end of the day the onus is on the player.

so there is no problem with the game, what you get upset about is the feeling you are loosing out somewhere.

If you only get online every day from 500 to 505 then you will be playing at night,
if you decide you want to see what its like during the day i suggest logging on during the day would be a good idea?

the choice is down to the player. there's no loosing out there.

also this would be a nice implementation for innogames as this would attract more interest to the game and open up possibilities of quests jobs etc.
the more the merrier and richer...

so if night and day were implemented along these lines i don't see any problems.

of course you will get the usual whiner post. but were used to that now...
:D

I vote for night and day graphics, matching Real Life night and day for all countries.

DeletedUser22575

They have to make it so its suits every countries time zones.

I have a point and i think is extremely valid:
If you only play in the morning then that's your problem.
why? well i would ask you:
is it an issue that you miss loads of fort battles because of this?
initially you say "yes, i missed out!" but then you say "no" because it ddnt really matter at the end of te day because you achieved something somewhere else in the game.
so its just tough love isn't it? you put up with it.
why?
because its the same for everyone

so theres 2 solutions:
you either play the game without it bothering you and plod along at your own pace.
or you go out of your way and wake up at 5 in the morning to maximise in-game earnings.
im for sure exaggerating but im think you get my point

At the end of the day the onus is on the player.

so there is no problem with the game, what you get upset about is the feeling you are loosing out somewhere.

If you only get online every day from 500 to 505 then you will be playing at night,
if you decide you want to see what its like during the day i suggest logging on during the day would be a good idea?

the choice is down to the player. there's no loosing out there.

also this would be a nice implementation for innogames as this would attract more interest to the game and open up possibilities of quests jobs etc.
the more the merrier and richer...

so if night and day were implemented along these lines i don't see any problems.

of course you will get the usual whiner post. but were used to that now...
:D

I vote for night and day graphics, matching Real Life night and day for all countries.

There is a difference between night and day graphics and night and day graphics with jobs giving more exp or having higher risks depending on if it is night or day.

So which are you for here...just the night and day graphics ??

DeletedUser9470

There is a difference between night and day graphics and night and day graphics with jobs giving more exp or having higher risks depending on if it is night or day.

So which are you for here...just the night and day graphics ??

yep, just night and day graphics.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.