Votes: 28 16.8%
  • NO

Votes: 45 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well it is not,but it will be.Is a great ideea and brings the game much closer to the real life.
Umm, if you want it closer to real life, how about adding outhouses, brothels, debauchery, hangings, amputations, bullet wounds that don't heal when you take a nap at a hotel, and character death instead of just passing out? Hell, why not add food and water requirements, hygiene, dental problems, alcoholism, venereal diseases, opium addiction, racism, indian oppression, objectification of women, indentured servitude, droughts, disease, exceedingly high child mortality rates. Why not, let's include shoes that wear out, guns that rust, marriage, child bearing, child rearing, a nagging wife, kids that hate you, pigs with trichinosis, a dog you can't shut up, and a partridge in a pear tree.

DeletedUser

I'm all for debauchery and venereal diseases the other ones I can live without though. I like the idea but it seems like it would be too much work for the developers for not any real contribution to the game.

DeletedUser9470

Umm, if you want it closer to real life, how about adding outhouses, brothels, debauchery, hangings, amputations, bullet wounds that don't heal when you take a nap at a hotel, and character death instead of just passing out? Hell, why not add food and water requirements, hygiene, dental problems, alcoholism, venereal diseases, opium addiction, racism, indian oppression, objectification of women, indentured servitude, droughts, disease, exceedingly high child mortality rates. Why not, let's include shoes that wear out, guns that rust, marriage, child bearing, child rearing, a nagging wife, kids that hate you, pigs with trichinosis, a dog you can't shut up, and a partridge in a pear tree.

wow! im glad my real life isnt like yours!
i think that adding all these features deviates a lot from adding night time.

adding night time would for sure enhance the game.
just on a graphics level, playing at night would be a lot more fun.
its the same as the snow graphics on tribal wars, there's no point to it but its fun.

that alone would enhance the game, but not only that, it then opens doors to a whole new line of possibilities.

those mentioned in op for example like 10% wages increase
or a saloon that does something "saloony" like card games, buying drinks, poker, chat etc..
danger increases, xp increases, whatever it is you like to do at night time would then be a possiblity we could all vote on.

im not shocked any more by the broad-mindedness of some, but clearly night time opens a load of doors to new propositions, ideas, and variations of game play.

but like these broad-minded guys say, lets just keep the game as boring as possible.

DeletedUser3543

How about just a dull, grey, wet looking feel to things for all those that live in Manchester and play - no need to change the graphics, ever :D

DeletedUser

Right now Option 1 appears to be winning... much to by dissatisfaction. The server times given for Option 1 are the times that I am online, and if the bonuses/penalties are in effect at night, I'll be getting much less experience than at the moment.

I'd be perfectly okay with the idea, as long as there's no penalties for experience.

DeletedUser

You wont have to worry about it it doesn't have the 80% needed between all the yes and I doubt it will.

DeletedUser

i like the idea and the explanation, but i voted no.

not on an international server anyways. for same reasons as a game such as grepolis doesnt implement their night bonus in the international servers....too many people will get the shaft for their peak hours of game play

o yeah, and hellstromm...we already have worn out shoes and rusty guns ;]

DeletedUser

Well it is not,but it will be.Is a great ideea and brings the game much closer to the real life.

Well if you want gameplay that is much closer to real life you should check out and/or start a SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) chapter in your local area/state/country. It's fun and they have night and day!

Deleted User - 1278415

:mad: would you stop giving them ideas for me to close!!!

DeletedUser

I was good up until the partridge.

Shall I make the thread? :D

DeletedUser

I voted no.

Server time - a lot of player would play "at night" all the time
Player time zone - I have a strange work schedule and would play "at night" most of the time
Every 8 hours - is that "real life"? Here it's night every 24 hours.

Make the game realistic and real life:
As someone shoots at you your monitor explodes. As a rock fall on your feet you have to go to the doc - with a brocken feet. Ingame sunburn - real life sunburn. Shopping without paying a fee - your neighnours will be mad. KO ingame - KO real life. Loosing money in a duel - your real life bank account increase.

It's not Tribal Wars, it's The West. Take it or leave it.

Best post until now - Hellstromm:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=532969#post532969

DeletedUser25632

Instead of option 3 being every 8 hours to make it the same hours every time, it should be something like every 7, or every 9 hours. That way the time it turns day / night is constantly changing. That way some people aren't constantly stuck in night mode when they play. Lets Say we use every 7 hours it changes, It's 8AM now, 7 hours from now it'll be 3pm so it would change, another 7 hours, 10pm, then 5am, 2pm, 9pm, 4am ect ect...

Now, I wouldn't mind day / night but this would certainly make it a lot of effort for little gain(If Any) for the developers. I wouldn't vote no on this idea, but I think it needs to be redone.

DeletedUser

:mad: would you stop giving them ideas for me to close!!!

Amputations, drought and racism will bring us to reality the most.

Anyway I don't want to be attached to the game because a certain time is more profitable to play in. Night mode as a graphic feature -> meh. Night mode with bonuses -> no.

Status
Not open for further replies.