Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21689

Builders and such

:mad:I would like to draw your attention to the nominal role builders have in this game. I have no idea how hard it would be to do so i'm putting it here. Sorry in advance if its wrong. Could we ( as builders), have a continuous building role somewhere? We rush about hoping to build and all we seem to get is people trying to get builders to pay for all the builds. Its not equal to the opportunities other character classes have. Myself and other builders did an experiment over xmas and did a whole town in 92 hours. It was a duellers wet dream when we finished. It was on w11. Some of you may have followed the my rant then. Also lets not hear anything about swopping points around. I have other characters on other worlds who duel and venture, i don't wont a duelling builder okay. Your ideas are wanted right here. Please give it some thought. Dont let the builders become extinct. Please send one idea each. At least then we may come up with something for builders.

DeletedUser

Infinite building levels come to the west in the next update, starting with the church.

DeletedUser

Energy Recharge timer

Can you please add a count down timer to the energy recharge so folks know when they will get their next energy point cause like right now I just need 1 point to do 30 minute task but have to go out and a count down timer would help me and other players know how long they have to wait for the next point

Could also be done for the other bars as well such as health recharge and so on would just be a useful tool to aid players

west.jpg

DeletedUser

If there's an option to hide the time, sure why not. But really, you'll get another point within 20 minutes....

DeletedUser

Can you please add a count down timer to the energy recharge so folks know when they will get their next energy point cause like right now I just need 1 point to do 30 minute task but have to go out and a count down timer would help me and other players know how long they have to wait for the next point

Could also be done for the other bars as well such as health recharge and so on would just be a useful tool to aid players

Your health and energy regenerate constantly. You don't just get one energy point every 20 minutes without premium when you aren't sleeping. You get 0.05 energy per minute... 0.000833 energy per second. Anyway, knowing the time until you reach the next whole number in energy would be of extremely limited usefulness.

DeletedUser22685

Idea title: Fort battle recruitment page, general's options
Details of idea: Before the battle starts, generals (and maybe captains too?) should be able to see where players have set their target.
Visual Aid: no
Reasons for submitting: Would help a lot with ranking.

I've mentioned this before (not in an actual idea though), and this would definitely 100% get my vote.

DeletedUser

I've mentioned this before (not in an actual idea though), and this would definitely 100% get my vote.
It's been suggested in an actual idea: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=45731

As I said in that thread, while it would be incredibly helpful, it's just too unrealistic. An officer should be able to see where someone is, but not read their mind to know where they'll be in the second round. I think the devs' opinion would be similar to how eiswiesel felt about implementing town management tools for things like taxation and approving specific people for building:

We discussed the idea in Germany too. I think with this idea the construction of a town will be to strict. The town leaders will only organize the town and order the citizen. The construction of a town should be wild and unorganized. A good organization should make the differency between a good town and an average town.

It's the responsibility of alliance leaders to make sure people know to set their targets: train them and if they repeatedly don't set their targets, don't rank them.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Ability to transfer forum ownership
Details of idea: Copying forum data is tedious at best, especially with large forums with lots of threads.
Reasons for submitting: Convenience for alliance forum mods

DeletedUser30224

Idea title: Automatic sleep set dress-up.
Details of idea: When a player starts to sleep, whether in a barrack or hotel, he can equip the sleepy set if he has any items from that set. When he finishes sleeping, he will not change from sleepy set unless the player manually changes the clothes.

In setting there will be a checkbox that will trigger this or not (tick the button to automatically dress up in sleepy set).
Visual Aid: no
Reasons for submitting: Would help with the realism a bit.If you had pyjamas, I am sure you used them to sleep in a hotel, and why not in barracks as well. You can choose not to, you can be filthy Billy and sleep with the boots and scythe in the bed instead of lovely slippers and even lovelier bear :)

The Change in the sleepy set applies once you hit the hotel and not when you queued and you are on your way to hotel. The sleepy set also doesn't just automatically folds itself in your gigantic inventory and your last-night's clothes gets equipped back on...no Sir , we are not Billy bot not Jane either. We need to pick each morning which clothes to equipp, so mister Merlin cannot just wave the wand and we get dressed up back in last night's clothes. ... something to think about when ticking that box ;) I am sure you would not like to be duelled in sleepy set every now and then :p
EDIT
Sorry, couldn't make it bigger :p eeeehm, I realise that this advantages the town-less uncle Bob more than you, but what the heck.
Or even better, tell me that there is already a script like this...I dare you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Change the stats of the John Butterfield Wool Belt

I've recently read about Mr. Butterfield, from Utica, New York, and I do not understand why this belt is geared as a newbie builder's belt. He was a stagecoach driver and he assisted in starting up the companies American Express and Wells Fargo (to deliver commodities, people, and mail from Missouri to California).

I would suggest changing the bonuses as follows:

+1 Mobility
+1 Charisma
+3 Horseback riding
+2 Trading.

(Purchase/sale Price and Requirements could remain the same)

Visual: The belt image would remain the same.

Reason for Submission: First reason, to correct an incorrect portrayal of John Butterfield (construction and repair would suggest he was a wainwright, not a coach and delivery driver/entrepreneur). Second, the suggested bonuses above can still assist low level players in many other jobs.

Any reason why my suggestion was overlooked? I fulfilled the requirements. Just wondering.

DeletedUser

Why not make quests that have to be performed at certain hours, tweaked to be accommodating for each time zone? For example, most American players miss out on several quests because of school or their jobs. So the only people who can fulfill the time requirements in the American time zones, are the people who work at night, unemployed, or possibly sneaking to play at work.

It is also worth mentioning that I've heard the same complaint from Australian players as well, on Briscoe.

I don't think this would be a hard fix at all.

DeletedUser13388

I dont know if it has been suggested, but it will be really cool if you can see, who is setting the bounty for your head.

DeletedUser

That would be great(for the one getting bountied, which is usually me)! It might encourage the opposite meaning of bounties though, if he has more friends than you you'd become the hunted one.

DeletedUser

May we add sound to our poker game to let us know when it is our turn, when someone folds or raises?
Thanks. =)

Deleted User - 1693871

Idea title: Remove Doc Bags.
Details of idea: Get rid of Doc Bags from fort battles.

Reasons for submitting: The existence of doc bags encourages the digging of attacks simply in order to gain doc bags, to then sell at high prices on the market. There are crafted options for boosting health and energy in the place of doc bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.