Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think it will have to be the responsibility of the general for who gets into the battle. If he/she can't fill a side without any hiders, it's not really the fault of the bond allocation system.
And also you're missing the point. I'd quite like to rank someone with decent health and a good gun, who I know will place themselves wisely even if they're offline.

Now, if that person happens to be showing as ONLINE during the battle, even if they're afk (just to get extra bonds), then I'll possibly be giving them orders that they'll never follow. Whereas if I knew they were offline, I'd maybe ask someone else to go and block that critical sector etc...

-- Pete.

DeletedUser33953

Withdraw offer

Idea title: Withdraw offer (sales)
Details of idea:
I think that would be nice to have chance to withdraw offer on market when I am not in my home city.
Now message says:
Market delivery
You are not on site to receive the goods or money. For a few nuggets, you can have it conveniently delivered to you. Would you like to do that?
Well i am not buying nothing to receive something. I just want to withdraw my offer. Why should I be in my town?

Reasons for submitting:
Lots of reasons can be for that. Personally I did made a mistake and I wanted to change price and put it back on market.

lp
smuljko

DeletedUser14006

I think that would be nice to have chance to withdraw offer on market when I am not in my home city.

While we are at it we should be able to complete quests from anywhere on the map and duel everyone without travelling.

Not going to work sir, unless you are willing to part with 10 nuggets the trip must be made.

DeletedUser21816

Idea title: Links towards achievements still to do
Details of idea: There should be links to the unfinished achievements under the "+more" that says you still need to finnish those achievements first before you finnish this one
Example: NPC butcher
Complete the achievements listed below:
Master of all classes
Rich and famous
The Devil's Claws
Doc
Champion
There should be the links towards them.
Now message says: Just the names of the achievements that need to be finished
Reasons for submitting: So you don't have to go through all your lists of achievements what they mean, which achievement you haven't finished yet and what needs to be done to finnish it.

DeletedUser

Definitely. When achievements were first added I tried clicking them assuming they would be linked.

DeletedUser

Doh, I just realised that my earlier suggestions aren't in the "right" format...

Idea title: Extra fort rank(s)
Details of idea: Give us extra fort ranks to enable better granularity in ranking. One additional fort rank would be great, "Sergeant" between Private and Captain, privileged rank but unable to rank other players.
Reasons for submitting: Because there aren't quite enough ranks to use to allow battle leaders to set the move order in the optimal way.

-- Pete.

DeletedUser25892

While we are at it we should be able to complete quests from anywhere on the map and duel everyone without travelling.

Not going to work sir, unless you are willing to part with 10 nuggets the trip must be made.

Before you troll him too hard, I think the point is you should be able to at least withdraw the offer, however, the item would remain on the market until you are back there to pick it up...it would have to become like you bought the item or the auction ends without a bidder.

MM2099

Deleted User - 1693871

Doh, I just realised that my earlier suggestions aren't in the "right" format...

Idea title: Extra fort rank(s)
Details of idea: Give us extra fort ranks to enable better granularity in ranking. One additional fort rank would be great, "Sergeant" between Private and Captain, privileged rank but unable to rank other players.
Reasons for submitting: Because there aren't quite enough ranks to use to allow battle leaders to set the move order in the optimal way.

-- Pete.

+1

DeletedUser

Idea title: Filtering duel targets
Details of idea: Make it possible to filter targets by town/alliance and other pertinent things
Reasons for submitting: Will ease policing of NAPs and also allow players to hit within a certain range of targets

DeletedUser17143

I like this. They should also filter out anyone who is on Vacation Mode or in a Hotel, usually about half of the people in the duel list are in Vacation Mode or sleeping. So it would be good to have them removed from the list if they are doing either, so only people who you can duel will show up.

DeletedUser

I like this. They should also filter out anyone who is on Vacation Mode or in a Hotel, usually about half of the people in the duel list are in Vacation Mode or sleeping. So it would be good to have them removed from the list if they are doing either, so only people who you can duel will show up.

It does filter sleeping. If they're sleeping, they went to sleep after you opened the duel menu.

DeletedUser

Daily Tasks

I think that the quest portion of the Daily Tasks needs to be ones a player can actually do. For example I have 2 quests I can't even touch yet so that kills the quest option right there and the dueling option is out for the time being being someone knocked me out so means I have no chance to get a perfect week cause the quests in this case are blocking me from completing that goal. And here I only need 1 lousy quest as the other 3 of 4 are completed.

At least make it so quests are ones the player can actually do either from their current skill point allocation or via clothing boosts at least. Cause right not that 2 remaining quests I doubt even clothing would help as both are over 100 points away from me being able to do them.

DeletedUser

Daily Tasks

I think that the quest portion of the Daily Tasks needs to be ones a player can actually do. For example I have 2 quests I can't even touch yet so that kills the quest option right there and the dueling option is out for the time being being someone knocked me out so means I have no chance to get a perfect week cause the quests in this case are blocking me from completing that goal. And here I only need 1 lousy quest as the other 3 of 4 are completed.

At least make it so quests are ones the player can actually do either from their current skill point allocation or via clothing boosts at least. Cause right not that 2 remaining quests I doubt even clothing would help as both are over 100 points away from me being able to do them.

Too complicated. It would require the game to have a full job calculator to determine what jobs you can do. If it only took current gear into account, you'd have to be very careful about what gear you had equipped at midnight server time. I'm usually sleeping in game at midnight ST, does that mean I'd only get quests I could do in my sleepyhead set?

Edit: Another problem with your suggestion: If I was able to, say, do marriage swindler in the past and have a fair number of marriage certificates but can no longer do the job and can do transport prisoners but have no shackles, I'd much rather have the quest for the former.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Too complicated. It would require the game to have a full job calculator to determine what jobs you can do. If it only took current gear into account, you'd have to be very careful about what gear you had equipped at midnight server time. I'm usually sleeping in game at midnight ST, does that mean I'd only get quests I could do in my sleepyhead set?

Edit: Another problem with your suggestion: If I was able to, say, do marriage swindler in the past and have a fair number of marriage certificates but can no longer do the job and can do transport prisoners but have no shackles, I'd much rather have the quest for the former.

Well unless you program the game you don't know what is possible or not regarding the suggestion.

As for why a good example for this is I have 4 quests and I can't even do one of them. The game has literally given me 4 quests I can not do even with the help of clothing!! Where is the fun in trying to accomplish something if you can't even do one of the quests let alone the 4 required to do the daily quest portion of the daily tasks.

DeletedUser6752

Why don't you do what I do? I keep as many as 6 or 7 repeatable quests from either Waupee's Village or the Ghost town open in my Quest Book - that way if I can't do some of the Dailies I do those instead. They also give you credit - only difference is you won't get the bonds.

Unless what you're getting at is that you want the game to be a lot easier - which isn't the point of this game at all. there are plenty of jobs I'd LOVE to do but can't - and every day there is at least one Daily I can't do - sometimes more - and all my guys are at level 120.

DeletedUser

Well unless you program the game you don't know what is possible or not regarding the suggestion.

If they were going to implement a full job calculator then it would be more useful to replace the useless Work window than to do this.

Where is the fun in trying to accomplish something if you can't even do one of the quests let alone the 4 required to do the daily quest portion of the daily tasks.

You're contradicting yourself. How is it accomplishing something if you can do everything easily? On my most-jobs build world I can do all but one daily quest job with my current build (due to a small respec for more LP in break up gangs). On my fort fighter worlds there are many daily quest jobs I can't do.

Somehow I don't think I'd feel a sense of accomplishment if I could do all four saloon daily quests on an FF world because the jobs were picking cotton, picking tobacco, picking sugarcane, and shining shoes.

Why shouldn't I have an advantage where I can do all jobs?

DeletedUser

Why don't you do what I do? I keep as many as 6 or 7 repeatable quests from either Waupee's Village or the Ghost town open in my Quest Book - that way if I can't do some of the Dailies I do those instead. They also give you credit - only difference is you won't get the bonds.

Unless what you're getting at is that you want the game to be a lot easier - which isn't the point of this game at all. there are plenty of jobs I'd LOVE to do but can't - and every day there is at least one Daily I can't do - sometimes more - and all my guys are at level 120.

That would be all fine and well if it let me repeat quests but every time I try to accept it says I can't fulfill requirements and refuses me the quest even quests I have not done in awhile

DeletedUser

Idea title: Ignore unavailable items in saved sets
Details of idea: When an item is no longer available in a saved set, instead of saying it's unavailable and blocking it, give a warning, but equip everything that is available.
Reasons for submitting: It's a nuisance to have to equip the rest of a set manually because you got rid of one item.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Crafting Achievement
Details of idea: Have achievements for levelling via crafting
Reasons for submitting: Crafting is hard enough, and only getting 5 xp for each crafting effort is low...gaining levels via crafting should be rewarded.

-- Pete.

DeletedUser17143

Idea title: Adding a town marker to the Market display.
Details of idea: At the moment when you buy an item from the market you have to click on the seller then on their town and them travel to that town. I think it should be implemented that:

A) you should be able to see the town it was sold from in the information.
B) when you click to collect instead of giving you a pop-up to pay for the item to be shipped by premium it should have two parts. One to travel to the market where it was sold and the other to have it transported by premium.

Visual Aid: None.
Reasons for submitting: It's just purely for convenience. It's annoying having to turn into a detective just to find the town to collect the item from.

Status
Not open for further replies.