Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6752

Nope, it is a minor change..you just "turn off their protection". And more if they are so good they'll be happy to have new targets cause they can't duel the fighters that go for exp. And about me being clueless, I duelled players that had couple of k's of duels with 0 motivation (because at that time I had low duelling level) and guess what many of them lost and those that won did it at a small difference and I never had a good dueller in any world I played. And from my 3 years of playing I did notice they mostly target non duelers.

3 years of playing ... ok, I'll bite ... being in the oldest EN world, where there isn't a player with your name. And that is as conclusive evidence that you're talking nonsense about playing for 3 years, as is your 'evidence' that 0-mot duelers suck.

I was a 0-mot dueler in 2 worlds and a top-40 (full motivation) dueler in one world. Since the 2 worlds are more than the 1 world numerically, that means that I suck as well.
(Friends and enemies flock to the polls to endorse that view.)

The concept of 0-motivation dueling forces the dueler to duel people at or below their own dueling level - the only higher-level targets usually being non-duelers. Nobody I know of goes out looking to lose a duel - they might attempt a challenging duel now and then, but there is always a belief that they will win. 0-motivation duelers, when they follow this same precept, have scorn heaped upon them. There were plenty of full-motivation duelers all along who target non-duelers as well - whenever I work a job that requires a non-dueling weapon (Bugle, anybody?) you can bet I'm going to be dueled by someone who'd never consider dueling me if I were in full dueling gear, or even sporting my golden colt. But that's ok with you, unless they're 0-motivation duelers? You sure have a very narrow view of the game, if those are the only people you would like to see sanctioned.

0-motivation duelers are, by nature, typically lower-level players anyway - their entire reason for doing that is because they don't want to level up - the reasons for that are varied; I did it mainly to be able to buy the best dueling and work gear possible with the money I earned by dueling - and lower level players are much more likely to not have learned the lesson of banking their money - which reinforces the idea of dueling at as low a level as possible for as long as possible. Down that low, as well, there's not as much of a difference between the gear players have, and the number of skill points they have, for there to be a lot of blowout dueling victories - duels could go either way most of the time. So your marginal victories or losses are somewhat trivialized by that factor.
Which is not to say there aren't a lot of bad 0-mot duelers out there; once a few people try and succeed at a strategy, it becomes the method du jour and everybody has to try their hand at it. We had the deluge of Resistance duelers - nearly everybody who wanted to duel, and was afraid to lose, went that route. Same with 0-motivation dueling. As soon as the strategy got a name, people came out of the woodwork to do it. Some to get their dueling medals, some to earn lots of cash, some to brag about how many duels they had won. And yes, there were good and bad users of the method each time. But if you want a good 0-motivation dueler, look for one who's still doing it beyond level 50 or 60. That's when his targets start being able to carry around Hernando's Sword and Golden Sabres/Colts, and if he can still win convincingly against those odds, there's nothing left to prove. They're out there, believe me.

(My apologies to the mods for seeming to stray off-topic, but I wanted to provide an argument against the suggestion being made. It is without merit.)

DeletedUser22685

Disappoint, while I agree with most of what you are saying, there are two things that I'd like to comment on.

3 years of playing ... ok, I'll bite ... being in the oldest EN world, where there isn't a player with your name. And that is as conclusive evidence that you're talking nonsense about playing for 3 years, as is your 'evidence' that 0-mot duelers suck.

He may have started on World 1 when it first opened, started other worlds since and eventually deleted World 1 somewhere along the line. I don't think there's any reason for him to lie about the length of time he's been playing.

Disappoint said:
The concept of 0-motivation dueling forces the dueler to duel people at or below their own dueling level - the only higher-level targets usually being non-duelers.

This is not true. My zero motivation dueller attacks anyone, the level doesn't matter as long as they're in my duel finder. In fact, I don't click their profile or even read their name or level. I just click duel on every player in my duel finder from top to bottom. I wouldn't know what level my opponents are, how many duels they've won or lost or even what weapon they're holding, so the statement that zero motivation duellers only duel people lower level than them or non-duellers is incorrect.

DeletedUser

I've been playing since april 2009. So we have 2009,2010,2011 ...yeah well I'm short with 4 months. I started on 7. I had once a player on 1 but it was after joining the 7. I also have a character in 10 and couple of months ago I joined colorado. I didn't say all 0 motiv are weak and cowards. I said most of them are and true there are players that don't look at profiles to see their level or whatever...but that doesn't change the fact many non duelers are bullied by 0 motiv duellers. What I want is more protection for non duelers and also to bring some competition to these awesome 0 motiv. duellers.. I think it's normal to have a 0 motiv dueler able to duel a 55 level dueler but with high duelling level (let's say 100 or whatever). Seems a fair fight...right?

DeletedUser

Then you don't understand what a 0% motivational dueler is about. They have competition because of the system's dueling range.

If I am a Lvl 50 player with a Lvl 50 dueling level, I can be dueled by a Lvl 70 player with a Lvl 70 dueling level. Their experience level is 20 higher than mine which means they have at least 20 additional AP and 60 additional SP to spend on skills. And it gets worse as the levels go up. A Lvl 60 can get hit by a Lvl 84, a Lvl 70 can get hit by a Lvl 98.

They also have to duel a lot more to keep their motivation down. And it is not just NPC duels to keep it down. They may target a lower level player initially to reduce their motivation since their experience points will be low. But after they get to 0%, it is duel everyone within range to keep the motivation down. That means a lot more dueling which means targeting anyone regardless of their skill level.

The issue is not with 0% motivational duelers, the issue is with dueling levels and dueling ranges. Why would I want my dueling level to grow faster than my experience level so I can be dueled by those are a lot higher than me in experience and thus, can apply more AP/SP to skills? It is more fair to duel someone with around the same amount of AP/SP.

DeletedUser

So what..the same thing happens for the dueller that goes for exp. If the x dueler is level 50 and has duelling level 80 he can be dueled by most of the exp. duelers including your level 70 0 motiv dueler. Also the dueler that goes for exp has a huge disadvantage if he decides to reskill (to whatever he wants, let's say fort fighter) , he will be vulnerable to most duelers and the 0 motiv dude will be dueled only by the same class of duelers. And finally it is well known that there aren't many 0 motiv duelers so they mostly duel non duelers. In other words there is no competition. Why do I want to always have easy wins? Don't you want a real challenge? LOL you guys are really affraid...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why are you so afraid of 0% duelers? They are not an issue. I play both 0% motivation duelers and XP duelers. I find both to be challenging but for different reasons. The difference for me is just a matter of applying different strategies.

I also play a non-combative worker. I know that it is my choice so if I get dueled, I don't whine about it and blame the dueler. And by playing such a character, I also apply a different strategy.

It just amazes me how many people complain about being dueled in a game that incorporates dueling. If you want to make it more "fair", change the dueling range. But there is a challenge playing a 0% motivation dueler and I fail to understand those that want to try to handicap the strategy behind it.

DeletedUser

You don't have any clue LOL.. I'm not affraid of 0 motiv duelers I actually want to get my hands on some of them :) and I'm trying to protect some of my non dueler friends from them. And if you read my posts you would see that I don't want the 0 motiv duelers to be dueled by a player with a much more higher level ..Just something normal...a range of 10-20 levels above them, or at least 5. LOL in one world I'm level 107 dueler with high duelling level (not too high) and I can't duel a level 106 dueler with very low duelling level (he has above 1k wins)...it's ridiculous. This is my last post on this topic. I pointed as best as I could my point of view..no point talking to the walls

DeletedUser

Now we get to the crux of your frustration. You can't duel that player because you chose to play a different strategy and go after XP. Yet that player can still be hit by any number of people that are up to 40% higher in experience/dueling level, just not you.

As for giving non-duelers more protection, bull. I find ways of protecting my worker all the time. I can leave town, sleep, be defended by other duelers, offer a bounty to encourage others to hit that person, keep a vigilant eye out for duelers near me, be KO'd and protected for 48 hours, reskill, or not play a game where PvP is part of it.

Yea, you are right that we are not going to agree on this because you are not truly interested in protecting non-duelers. If you were, you would offer a suggestion to protect them more against all duelers, not just 0% motivational duelers. You are clueless about them. Besides, an XP dueler can also be a bully against non-duelers.

DeletedUser16008

You don't have any clue LOL.. I'm not affraid of 0 motiv duelers I actually want to get my hands on some of them :) and I'm trying to protect some of my non dueler friends from them. And if you read my posts you would see that I don't want the 0 motiv duelers to be dueled by a player with a much more higher level ..Just something normal...a range of 10-20 levels above them, or at least 5. LOL in one world I'm level 107 dueler with high duelling level (not too high) and I can't duel a level 106 dueler with very low duelling level (he has above 1k wins)...it's ridiculous. This is my last post on this topic. I pointed as best as I could my point of view..no point talking to the walls

Think this really highlights the problem more than anything else.... and it IS ridiculous if your within say 10 - 20 lvls you should be able to duel each other dueling lvl is what forced me to become 0 motive just to assure id always have variation for dueling .... even at lvl 120 im still 0 motive and there are still a couple i cant duel due to their high dueling lvl and id just love to but it would mean id lose about another 500 or so targets to do so ... and once the dueling lvl is up theres no reversal.... dueling lvl should drop over a time period then youd not see so many 0 motives I assure you.

DeletedUser

Nope, it is a minor change..you just "turn off their protection".

Utterly irrelevant how easy it is to implement. The fact that this idea has completely taken over minor ideas with discussion is why it's not a minor idea. It's also something that would require a separate vote and not just be submitted with other minor ideas.

DeletedUser

Change the stats of the John Butterfield Wool Belt

I've recently read about Mr. Butterfield, from Utica, New York, and I do not understand why this belt is geared as a newbie builder's belt. He was a stagecoach driver and he assisted in starting up the companies American Express and Wells Fargo (to deliver commodities, people, and mail from Missouri to California).

I would suggest changing the bonuses as follows:

+1 Mobility
+1 Charisma
+3 Horseback riding
+2 Trading.

(Purchase/sale Price and Requirements could remain the same)

Visual: The belt image would remain the same.

Reason for Submission: First reason, to correct an incorrect portrayal of John Butterfield (construction and repair would suggest he was a wainwright, not a coach and delivery driver/entrepreneur). Second, the suggested bonuses above can still assist low level players in many other jobs.

DeletedUser14042

If it is already captured some where, sorry, but I couldn't find it.
I think founders should have the ability to withdraw from the town treasury.

DeletedUser14006

If it is already captured some where, sorry, but I couldn't find it.
I think founders should have the ability to withdraw from the town treasury.

No chance this will ever happen unless only the founder can donate to the treasury for obvious reasons.

DeletedUser

suggestions to improve the gaming experience

1. The player should have an option to set a default as to whether the duel reports will be seen in flash or HTML

2. The player should have an option as to whether the notifications of achievements will appear as a popup or not.

3. The page showing the possible human duelling opponents should not show the players that are in vacation mode or asleep or due to any reason cannot be duelled anyway.

4. The player's profile page should have a link that centers map on him.

5. In the market, when we click on the duration, instead of opening up the town page, the link should set a task to walk to the town.

I am sorry if these options are already there and I could not find them.
If I see any of these suggestions at least discussed, i may have more suggestions in the future.

DeletedUser

120 levelers xp

Give after every 50k xp earned steel lined box to 120 levelers so getting xp have some reason after level 120.

DeletedUser

1. The player should have an option to set a default as to whether the duel reports will be seen in flash or HTML

2. The player should have an option as to whether the notifications of achievements will appear as a popup or not.

3. The page showing the possible human duelling opponents should not show the players that are in vacation mode or asleep or due to any reason cannot be duelled anyway.

4. The player's profile page should have a link that centers map on him.

5. In the market, when we click on the duration, instead of opening up the town page, the link should set a task to walk to the town.

I am sorry if these options are already there and I could not find them.
If I see any of these suggestions at least discussed, i may have more suggestions in the future.

Number 4 is already featured. The small icon showing four arrows pointed inwards (seen here next to the username and town name) can be clicked - the first will centre on the character, the second will centre on the character's town.

sROBZ.png

DeletedUser563

And gone v1.34 apparently removes the feature again.

or it has not been implemented in beta yet. Anyway town links now open town :player link is dead.

jringo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.