JR's Movie of the Week -- "Mad Max" Trilogy (1979-81-85)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hehe, excellent assessment Adelei Niska.

I do love the movie, and it is by all means a classic.

The music, plot, acting, cutting, just everything.

I'll go into further detail later, just want to hear some more opinions.
We could discuss the contents of the suitcase if anyone is up for that though ;)

DeletedUser

Great, great music. I had forgotten about that. Also, the special effects, as sparse and sometimes rudamentary as they were, fit perfectly with the theme of the movie.

The contents of the suitcase...

I've heard: Micheal Jackson's other glove, gold, drugs...

DeletedUser

hahaha

Some theories says its the loot from Resovoir Dogs, other claims it's the soul sold and brought back, thus explaining the divine intervention.

DeletedUser

Very good. In my opinion, when I saw the movie (secretly of course. Damn parents) at first I was guessing it could have been gold. Then after hearing some rumors, I thought it couldve been a soul. In truth, that was a great article to read from.

DeletedUser

Anyway, Pulp Fiction was an amazing movie. The jokes, the action, the briefcase, everything. Over all, it gets an 11/10 on the James' Movie Scale. And it's one of the few that get that rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gamer simply didn't appeal to me at all. The trailers looked like your average movie, except 50% of it is in a video game. Not even worth trying, as far as I'm concerned. But thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything good.

And as for Pulp Fiction, I'm mortified to say that I haven't seen it. :sad: It's been at the top of my list for a long time now, and I'm hoping to watch it as soon as I can.

DeletedUser

What about all the great quotes from this movie too. Everything from "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead" to Samuel Jackson's rants to Tarantino ranting about the coffee.

DeletedUser

Or the wallet, the bacon, the one about pride, the list goes on.

This movie is golden, and is a must-see.

DeletedUser

Also, it does require a certain level of skill to keep the audience following the storyline of a movie that manipulates the timeline so severely. This isn't Citizen Kane or even Memento. Tarantino destroys the continuity of the timeline, and yet you still understand the movie. That should not to be underestimated.

DeletedUser

I'll stab my own arm before discussing the necromongers in here.

Keep the suggestions coming, I'm planning to announce a new film by sunday.

DeletedUser

Anybody seen District 9? I have heard it is the movie of the year. Reviewers are raving about it. Gonna see it this week.

DeletedUser

Anybody seen District 9? I have heard it is the movie of the year. Reviewers are raving about it. Gonna see it this week.

Really great movie. You have to sit through quite a while of character/story development(which I had no problem with), but the last half an hour or so is amazingly made, considering it wasn't a big budget film.

Status
Not open for further replies.